Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,543 members, 7,837,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. (3316 Views)

My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her / Why Do Ladies Find It Had To Reciprocate Good Gestures From Their Boyfriends? / Why Do Some Young Ladies Find Married Men More Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Victornezzar:

Bro 4 some reasons
I can't say
kk bro wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Victornezzar: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
greyboy5000:
kk bro wink
yeah wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Victornezzar:

Bro it's hard
Typical example was my ex
She broke up with me, not me doing it
dis gal was always disturbing me, she hated any gal dat would come close 2 me
She has reduced a bit now sha
She broke up with you and still expected you to say sorry I guess.
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Victornezzar: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
IamZod:

She broke up with you and still expected you to say sorry I guess.
I begged her dat day
I slept over it
d next day I moved on
It's been 4 two months now

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Victornezzar:

yeah wink
I will get the girls from you latter bro wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Victornezzar: 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
greyboy5000:
I will get the girls from you latter bro wink
ok Bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by y3mi(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
IamZod:
OK guys let's talk about this issue a bit, Now as an individual, I find it really beyond my mental understanding as to why someone would hold on to a hurt that happened in the past for so donkey long, spanning over a reasonable number of years

Now I understand that such hurt could be devastating, probably a torturing break-up that left your heart in shambles or even something more sinister than that.
Now I know this might be controversial as most people wouldn't want to agree with my topic saying it is gender specific, **as any of the gender could be hurt and **find it hard to let go.
Wouldn't you prefer it if they aren't capable of letting go off past grudges than being vindictive as I asked on this thread Hell Hath No Fury Than A Woman Scorn In Love. The question I think should be asked much often is do men go through emotional hurt as much as women do in any given relationship, even more immense. And, why are we expected to repress ours while women reserves the liberty to flare-up ?

Btw, General Zod died in Man of Steel, and Doomsday was made out of his corpse in Dawn of Justice but also killed, so how did you become Zod ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
y3mi:

Wouldn't you prefer it if they aren't capable of letting go off past grudges than being vindictive as I asked on this thread Hell Hath No Fury Than A Woman Scorn In Love. The question I think should be asked much often is do men go through emotional hurt as much as women do in any given relationship, even more immense. And, why are we expected to repress ours while women reserves the liberty to flare-up ?

Btw, General Zod died in Man of Steel, and Doomsday was made out of his corpse in Dawn of Justice but also killed, so how did you become Zod ?

To your first question, I wouldn't prefer any of both options.. I mean, why should one really hold a grudge for donkey long? Such person can be capable of anything. Isn't it better you just let go and be at peace!

And as per the maxim "hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn" trust me it couldn't be more truer. Trust me, you wouldn't want to be in the vindictive nest of a scornful woman. Both options are a no no for me.

To your other point, I guess men too feel as emotional hurt as women do. But we tend to repress it more unlike women.
I believe this has to do with the dictates of society or so I have read.
But if I ask you what would you do in a situation were you were hurt, i guess you would man up and let it go right? So you see, right form the onset, it's been a man thing not to flare up emotions.

As for me being Zod. I am resurrected. Lol. Tell your super hero Clark Kent that I am back.
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by ibkayee(f): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
pocohantas:

See someone with brain. I don't know why some men love to lie to themselves whenever this topic comes up, maybe it's masculine ego of always wanting to be better at everything.

One even gave example of cheating.
How many men sincerely forgive a cheating partner?
Check out threads where a guy complained his gf or wife cheated, his fellow guys will either advise him to leave or keep fuckeen her till he is tired (revenge). That's exactly how some of their heart works.

They won't whine about it like women, but deep down in their hearts...you wouldn't wanna see what goes on there.

Men forgive indeed. Forgiveness isn't wired to gender. If women cheat as brazenly as men do, lord knows what would have happened.
https://www.nairaland.com/3010845/what-make-forgive-wife-she
Lool exactly
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
pocohantas:

See someone with brain. I don't know why some men love to lie to themselves whenever this topic comes up, maybe it's masculine ego of always wanting to be better at everything.

One even gave example of cheating.
How many men sincerely forgive a cheating partner?
Check out threads where a guy complained his gf or wife cheated, his fellow guys will either advise him to leave or keep fuckeen her till he is tired (revenge). That's exactly how some of their heart works.

They won't whine about it like women, but deep down in their hearts...you wouldn't wanna see what goes on there.

Men forgive indeed. Forgiveness isn't wired to gender. If women cheat as brazenly as men do, lord knows what would have happened.
https://www.nairaland.com/3010845/what-make-forgive-wife-she
I really do enjoy your input here, lady
Pocohantas.
But pray tell, why you feel because men don't whine much like woman that the would be a whole lot going deep down in their hearts?

And you begin to wonder why a lady who have accepted the sincere apologies of a guy who might have hurt her feelings would then flare-up on seeing the guy again maybe after a long while.. Isn't that a sign of not letting go at all. Or in your own words, so much going deep down in her heart.
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by pocohantas(f): 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
IamZod:

I really do enjoy your input here, lady
Pocohantas.
But pray tell, why you feel because men don't whine much like woman that the would be a whole lot going deep down in their hearts?

And you begin to wonder why a lady who have accepted the sincere apologies of a guy who might have hurt her feelings would then flare-up on seeing the guy again maybe after a long while.. Isn't that a sign of not letting go at all. Or in your own words, so much going deep down in her heart.

LOL! Very soon you will ask why I feel the sun is hot cheesy

Women are more expressive... I think it's public knowledge that men don't whine about things, they just hold it in their hearts. From today, start taking a survey on threads revolving around men that were hurt by their women. Watch the comments of your fellow men.

Ranting and letting pains out helps a lot. That's why you have more men committing suicide, they bottle up a lot.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL! Very soon you will ask why I feel the sun is hot cheesy

Women are more expressive... I think it's public knowledge that men don't whine about things, they just hold it in their hearts. From today, start taking a survey on threads revolving around men that were hurt by their women. Watch the comments of your fellow men.

Ranting and letting pains out helps a lot. That's why you have more men committing suicide, they bottle up a lot.
Lol. I may one day ask you why the sun is hot though grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
IamZod:

Hmmm. I guess it wasn't cheating then..
But nevertheless I feel she was hurt because you did it with her friend.
But then again who's to blame... She is.
I get bored easily I am not a fan of a chic putting me on a long thing if I like a female I will be expressive once you waste my time it's onto the next one

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by y3mi(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
IamZod:

And as per the maxim "hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn" trust me it couldn't be more truer. Trust me, you wouldn't want to be in the vindictive nest of a scornful woman.
Scorned.

What makes you think men don't flare out or react? It's not all men that has a tough skin to contain great emotional hurt, some take the noose end, some go into various kinds of aggressive fit, why do you think some men just becomes suddenly violent to everyone around them ? Oh! Your mistake is to think it's when men unleash hell directly on their emotion-hurting lovers that it can be count as not letting go off past emotional hurt ? Most men who became alcoholics began gradually as a means to deal with various kinds of emotional troubles most of which are linked to unhealed hurt from past relationship detachment and yet it still doesn't seem as men 'reacting/flaring-up' to many especially to those who'd say they are just drinking away their sorrow.
IamZod:

As for me being Zod. I am resurrected. Lol. Tell your super hero Clark Kent that I am back.

I don't think you being Zod will be resurrected in the upcoming Justice League. The villainous of all villains 'Dark-Seid' is emerging. I can't deliver your message to Clark Kent because I was more into Marvel than DC.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Find It Hard To Let Go Of Past Hurt. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 12, 2017
y3mi:

Scorned.

What makes you think men don't flare out or react? It's not all men that has a tough skin to contain great emotional hurt, some take the noose end, some go into various kinds of aggressive fit, why do you think some men just becomes suddenly violent to everyone around them ? Oh! Your mistake is to think it's when men unleash hell directly on their emotion-hurting lovers that it can be count as not letting go off past emotional hurt ? Most men who became alcoholics began gradually as a means to deal with various kinds of emotional troubles most of which are linked to unhealed hurt from past relationship detachment and yet it still doesn't seem as men 'reacting/flaring-up' to many especially to those who'd say they are just drinking away their sorrow.

I don't think you being Zod will be resurrected in the upcoming Justice League. The villainous of all villains 'Dark-Seid' is emerging. I can't deliver your message to Clark Kent because I was more into Marvel than DC.
Well then it may seem that most men have a better capacity of managing emotional hurt than women. Or wouldn't you agree?
Btw, how did you quote me in multiples like this, I would like know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Shares His Experience With Sex Wokers, Last Night, At A Lagos Restaurant / Bbnaija's Alex Shares After-sex Photo On Snapchat / +18: Ladies, My Dick and This Guy, Which Is Bigger? [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.