Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Who Are You To Question God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You To Question God? (10250 Views)

Is Having The Mental Strength To Question God's Existence A Sin? / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / “is It Wrong To Question God?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:
Ngo40, I want to use this medium to say I've missed you. Please where are you? embarassed

Hi baby sis,
Oh I'm still around.....just not as visible...but loving exploring more sections smiley
I see your new topic!
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 17, 2017
obinna58:

Ngo/40 z probably having a good time somewhere, guess she must have missed an opportunity for preaching, just like my sis, eager to preach and not ready to understand ur point of view

Oh.....Obi, Obi, Obi.....
What will I ever do with you?
You are quite a character, seriously...lol.
"....Probably having a good time somewhere"...lol.
Anyhow, is there anything that you'd like for me to understand about your point of view?
I promise I won't "preach"..... smiley
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2017
Ngo40:

Hi baby sis,
Oh I'm still around.....just not as visible...but loving exploring more sections smiley
I see your new topic!
This makes me feel better. I really do miss you that's why I mentioned you. It's good to know you're alive and kicking grin

1 Like

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2017
Ngo40:

Anyhow, is there anything that you'd like for me to understand about your point of view?
grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 9:29am On Jul 17, 2017
Ngo40:

grin Are you really admitting to my last statement cheesy
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2017
obinna58:

Obim what last statement are you referring to? angry

Please don't cause confusion between my sis and I. N'a beg I dey beg o sad
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:

I wouldn't mind causing confusion that will lead to a better lifestyle wink
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:

"obim" grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:

Always? Are you not referring to another god here?

Do we have other Gods/gods? I taught it was one God
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Ranchhoddas: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:

You're talking about a random girl and not a wife. You don't own her, let her live her life.

God owns you but if you don't want to reciprocate the love, fine. You've chosen your path.

That leads us to the question, who are you to question Him? You want to dictate for Him but you've not even made us know if you're qualified to tell Him how to be God.
What?

Seriously?

Have you been drinking?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What?

Seriously?

Have you been drinking?

You're the one I've been drinking. Can't you see?

God doesn't threaten anyone, He only gives Commandments. He gives rules and principles to follow. If you call all those threats, then do we call the country's constitution threat? We're in a democratic society, yet there are laid down rules governing us and we must follow it.

Must I concentrate on the murder and the other evil the one I quoted analyzed before you admit I'm not drunk?

How come when it comes to the God issue, you all behave as though you're in a righteousness competition with Him. You all only remember others are sick and poor because it concerns God. Do you love them more than the creator?

If you are not ready to go by the rules of a certain society, then why would you blame the ruler in that particular society for the consequences you find yourself in the other society of your choice?

I will repeat this again, if you claim God is evil, what can you do about it, if he is? I mean, what could you have done to free yourself from Him?

This is a question that's causing comprehension issues here. If the one who has all the power over you, is evil as you guys claim, what then can you do about it? Ah!

I'm so grateful and so thankful that our creator is a compassionate God, patient, loving and He doesn't misuse His power.

I can't say more than this because I do not know if I can explain better than this.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
onyenze123:

"obim" grin
lipsrsealed
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
onyenze123:

Do we have other Gods/gods? I thought it was one God

But you're a deist now. please be honest with me and stop all the tactics jor
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
obinna58:

I wouldn't mind causing confusion that will lead to a better lifestyle wink

It won't work o. I better start running away from you because what's better to you, I doubt if it's better to me grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by realmindz: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:

First of all I'm not afraid of death. Anyhow it comes I don't care and as Christians we believe and know that death is not the end of life.

The way one dies is not as important as the afterlife. Abi you dey do death competition again?

God knows how to take care of His children. Those who love Him nd are going through tough times understand their journey. You don't love them more than God.

You can have a better life than me, I'm not bothered. Mine is to live for God, live a peaceful life and do the will of my father in heaven. Infact, enjoy everything you see in this world.

One thing I know for sure, is that anyone who stand for God and are never shaken, there is no one who will mock them and wouldn't be ashamed eventually. When you mock such people, they come out stronger and you would regret mocking them.

The Bible never said good things will happen to only believers. Infact it was even said in the Bible that the unbelievers enjoy more because the Lord is patient with them. As Christians, we are not afraid of tough times, it is part of our training so no need comparing. In this world, we do not compare our lives with unbelievers but with what the word of God says.

You've become too logical that you do not even know when you've started comparing and competing with different types of death.

You who know how to define love but can't seem to respect the God your friends worship even when you don't believe in Him. It's even possible your parents are believers in Christ and you are here insulting their God.

You're so logical that you saw not even a single good thing in the person of Jesus. You have issues, serious ones.

I do not think I would reply you here again if you do not respect my God, maybe on another thread then.

Once again, good night to you. One who is lazy to reciprocate love but yearns to enjoy the same love.

What can be more delightful than self deceit, ignorance and delusions.

Wow! you claim you are under the protection of Yahweh, but in the face of obvious proofs that Yahweh worshippers enjoy no benefit special from any other person, you begin to create excuses for him again and speak of an afterlife.

Let me expand your thinking, if while you are alive, you cannot see the undoubtedly evidences of Yahweh's protection in your life, then what guaranty do you have for of an afterlife you have never been.
is that not too much foolishness...All I ask is for you to think outside the box, can that guy be trusted??

Delusions can be sweet, nothing is more precious dan fantasies of gold plated streets and you twerking your ass all the days of your eternity to the white bearded Jew master living in the sky.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Ranchhoddas: 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:

You're the one I've been drinking. Can't you see?

God doesn't threaten anyone, He only gives Commandments. He gives rules and principles to follow. If you call all those threats, then do we call the country's constitution threat? We're in a democratic society, yet there are laid down rules governing us and we must follow it.

Must I concentrate on the murder and the other evil the one I quoted analyzed before you admit I'm not drunk?

How come when it comes to the God issue, you all behave as though you're in a righteousness competition with Him. You all only remember others are sick and poor because it concerns God. Do you love them more than the creator?

If you are not ready to go by the rules of a certain society, then why would you blame the ruler in that particular society for the consequences you find yourself in the other society of your choice?

I will repeat this again, if you claim God is evil, what can you do about it, if he is? I mean, what could you have done to free yourself from Him?

This is a question that's causing comprehension issues here. If the one who has all the power over you, is evil as you guys claim, what then can you do about it? Ah!

I'm so grateful and so thankful that our creator is a compassionate God, patient, loving and He doesn't misuse His power.

I can't say more than this because I do not know if I can explain better than this.

I don't like this Bennyann at all.

First, it is absurd to compare the laws of a democracy to the laws of the biblical God. In a democracy, everyone, including you and I is part of the law making process. We do this by electing our senators and house members. In fact, anyone can aspire to these positions if they so desire.

This is not so for the God you are trying to sell to us who clearly operates an autocracy.

People get angry at your God because you and your ilk say that He can solve all the world's problems with a snap of His fingers but refuses until His outrageous demands are met. Even when people try to meet these demands, He still disappoints them.

It's like Dangote telling a roadside beggar to lick his shoes before giving him money for food, and failing to give him the money when he eventually does it.

If na you you no go question am?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Ranchhoddas: 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
realmindz:

Wow! you claim you are under the protection of Yahweh, but in the face of obvious proofs that Yahweh worshippers enjoy no benefit special from any other person, you begin to create excuses for him again and speak of an afterlife.

Let me expand your thinking, if while you are alive, you cannot see the undoubtedly evidences of Yahweh's protection in your life, then what guaranty do you have for of an afterlife you have never been.
is that not too much foolishness...All I ask is for you to think outside the box, can that guy be trusted??

Delusions can be sweet, nothing is more precious dan fantasies of gold plated streets and you twerking your ass all the days of your eternity to the white bearded Jew master living in the sky.
Lol

A person that does not keep his words cannot be trusted.

Bennyann, can that guy be trusted??

1 Like

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by hopefulLandlord: 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
realmindz:

I like this

2 Likes

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I don't like this Bennyann at all.

First, it is absurd to compare the laws of a democracy to the laws of the biblical God. In a democracy, everyone, including you and I is part of the law making process. We do this by electing our senators and house members. In fact, anyone can aspire to these positions if they so desire.

This is not so for the God you are trying to sell to us who clearly operates an autocracy.

People get angry at your God because you and your ilk say that He can solve all the world's problems with a snap of His fingers but refuses until His outrageous demands are met. Even when people try to meet these demands, He still disappoints them.

It's like Dangote telling a roadside beggar to lick his shoes before giving him money for food, and failing to give him the money when he eventually does it.

If na you you no go question am?

I'm sorry you don't like it dear. But even if I were to be an atheist, the op's question is still something to ponder on.

If humans need rules to guide them, is it God that shouldn't give rules?

I'm not saying we can't question God or we shouldn't but who really are we to? His autocracy is his default style because He is God. He also has a democratic style so you can reason with Him like Abraham did in the Bible grin.

Why should this question make my atheistic friends unstable lipsrsealed it is a question that shows if we all come to know that there's one true God, then who are we to question Him. We can only make noise here all day or better still reject Him as God but that doesn't change and can't change His status.

And Dear, I do question Him. angry but I don't plan on leaving Him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
realmindz:

shocked is this you? You mean you can write beautifully like this without insulting my ego? grin bravo dear

I must confess, the bolded is funny but it's my ass not yours so leave it for the master grin tongue

And talking about protection, God has protected me on several occasions that makes no sense but I also know some unbelievers have that unique grace of protection from God too. And only God knows why it's like that.

If nature can shower both the good and bad with its beauty, who am I to say the righteous are more favored on earth than the unrighteous.
But there's one thing I'm very sure of, there's a difference between a God fearing person and the one who isn't. When you stay with such a person, you who isn't a believer can tell the real difference if you're truthful. That's my personal belief

What I can say here is I trust God even through the bad times, even when He seem far away, even when it seem it's difficult for me to pray, the person within me just can't let go. The real me within is so connected that the flesh can't do whatever it wills. God comes around for me and for all those times it seems He never came around, He will definitely come around and I will understand Him better then.

But I'm going nowhere without Him dear cos I know His value in my life.

1 Like

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Lol

A person that does not keep his words cannot be trusted.

Bennyann, can that guy be trusted??

I choose to trust Him. It's a matter of choice and He has given us the power to use it however way we want. He keeps to His words. There's nothing wrong with waiting on Him.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I like this

Why won't you like it? undecided

Please when you've started flying don't forget me wink
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
bennyann:

But you're a deist now. please be honest with me and stop all the tactics jor

Do you understand what deism means?

belief in the existence of a God on the evidence of reason and nature only, with rejection of supernatural revelation

So how am I not being honest?

I am a child of God.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Ranchhoddas: 12:47am On Jul 18, 2017
bennyann:

I choose to trust Him. It's a matter of choice and He has given us the power to use it however way we want. He keeps to His words. There's nothing wrong with waiting on Him.
Why then do you get upset when others choose other paths, seeing as you have made your own choice?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 18, 2017
obinna58:

Well Obi....I promise not to "preach", only because I'm not called to be a preacher nor do I ever believe that I've "preached" to you.
We've had a few discussions...but I certainly wasn't giving you a sermon those times... smiley

You are interesting "at times" cause I know you're sincerely trying....but it's just that I get lost with your statements sometimes...
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by 4kings: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2017
bennyann:

I'm sorry you don't like it dear. But even if I were to be an atheist, the op's question is still something to ponder on.

If humans need rules to guide them, is it God that shouldn't give rules?

I'm not saying we can't question God or we shouldn't but who really are we to? His autocracy is his default style because He is God. He also has a democratic style so you can reason with Him like Abraham did in the Bible grin.

Why should this question make my atheistic friends unstable lipsrsealed it is a question that shows if we all come to know that there's one true God, then who are we to question Him. We can only make noise here all day or better still reject Him as God but that doesn't change and can't change His status.

And Dear, I do question Him. angry but I don't plan on leaving Him
@bolded, what kind of questions?
Just curious.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by whoisuche: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

your father and mother had sex with themselves and it resulted to you, don't deny your real father in favour of an imaginary one

The who created the mother and the father? And how does the mother and father come into existence? I pray God Almighty open your understanding in spiritual matters in Jesus Christ Amen.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2017
4kings:

@bolded, what kind of questions?
Just curious.

Can't remember them now, quite a lot especially on personal issues. Like why God? When God? How God? grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Why then do you get upset when others choose other paths, seeing as you have made your own choice?

Upset? There's nothing wrong in becoming upset for a while because I'm human but please, when did I get upset?

I only remember discouraging myself from encouraging someone to insulting my God continuously. It would be soo foolish of me to give someone a reason to continously insult my God when discussing with him so I tried cutting short the conversation.

But I apologize if I offended you in anyway. Dear you've not given me any reason to be upset with you. And believe me, you won't see my write ups as upsetting at all if you translate them to pidgin English grin

Sorry dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2017
onyenze123:

Do you understand what deism means?

So how am I not being honest?

I am a child of God.

Please, answer me here

1 Like

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngo40:

Well Obi....I promise not to "preach", only because I'm not called to be a preacher nor do I ever believe that I've "preached" to you.
We've had a few discussions...but I certainly wasn't giving you a sermon those times... smiley

You are interesting "at times" cause I know you're sincerely trying....but it's just that I get lost with your statements sometimes...
Lol
That's cos we don't av the same ideology
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 19, 2017
obinna58:

Lol
That's cos we don't av the same ideology

Wellll.....it's a little more than that cause although I disagree with your fellow brothers, I do understand what they are saying.....

You are a little different.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego / What's Wrong With African Religions? / God Is Good, He Has Done Me Well,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.