Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo (30812 Views)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by IYANGBALI: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Ghen then they are going to arrest all of them and put them in prison in Rome
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Does it matter if the Bishop is not from Mbaise?

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by NwaAmaikpe: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2017
shocked

The Pope should stop intervening..he should know they won't listen to him
Catholics are irate by default.

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by mrvitalis(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by MaziOmenuko: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It wont work.

A different tribe? A different people? Is this what religion has reduced you guys to? I am sure if mbaise person was the bishop bishop, it will degenerate to whether he is from Ahiazu or Ezinihite. This is what religion is doing to you folks, reducing you to labels and tags.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2017
Bishop Okpalaeke is their new bishop whether they like it or not. They can go and open their own church if they are still bitter. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by SplendidE(f): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2017
nice one let peace reign
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by IYANGBALI: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2017
PassionateSoul:
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you
see me here

4 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by koladebrainiac(m): 11:24am On Jul 18, 2017
Lol
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Wolfbrother(m): 11:24am On Jul 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Says who?

Infact, they re over 10

meant territorial
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Rolly22(m): 11:24am On Jul 18, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
These Mbaise people are nothing but shame, they are the worst set of Igbos anytime anyway.

SHUT YOUR GUTTER AND STOP BEING UNREASONABLE

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by GMBuhari: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2017
they turned church to money making avenue , that's why a priest , supposed to be the symbol of peace, unity is fighting upandan to retain
power over a diocese
donofdons:
I pity this priests that are disobeying the holy father. Do they realize that they are doing this at the expense of their souls? Do they know that the pope are the divine elected of God, with the same power on earth as God himself?
They have turned the church to a power play ground.
Mother of God.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by abbeymighty(m): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2017
See the IPOB People who want to separate, they are fighting for religious post. what if they secede? their will be civil war among them. South Sudan a case study.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Finestface(f): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2017
hope things will be fully resolved.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by kikake: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2017
fiftynaira:
Let the mbaise nation end this bishopric saga.

Mbaise have opened themselves again. They stiffly opposed the present governor of Imo state until they bent the governor to do their end of the bargain.
Who knows; Mbaise may also bend the Pope to do Mbaise's bargain.

Let's watch.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by ESDKING: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2017
otijah:
otu a kanyi g esi enweta Biafra? Bikonu
Chukwu mere gi ebere What's the nexus between your post and the topic.
So other tribes don't have internal crisis abi ?
Keep taking advantage of the crisis to yarn nonsense.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by IYANGBALI: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.

It wont work.
you better listen to the church or you and your people should be ready to form your own church. The Catholic church as I see it is not a church you do any how, it is an organized place of worship and you know it. You and your people can't win this war,take it or leave it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Themandator: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
I pity this priests that are disobeying the holy father. Do they realize that they are doing this at the expense of their souls? Do they know that the pope are the divine elected of God, with the same power on earth as God himself?
Mother of God.

How did you know the pope has the same power as God on the earth?

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Shitface(m): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
Mother of God.
thunder fire you for equating a man to God.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by theophorus(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2017
...If the issue of Bishop" can cause so much rift then I wonder what "Money" will cause when they finally get their own Country.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by ESDKING: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.

It wont work.
May God help and forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by gazilion: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
Mother of God.

O God, please bring donofdons out of darkness to see the light of the glorious gospel and truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2017
Abeg go and read your history properly. Catholic church was first planted in Onitsha by Crowder from where it spread to other parts of Igbo land. Mbaise people are animals and should not be allowed to dictate to the holy catholic church. I am not a catholic but I respect the Pope even as a none catholic. Mbaise people are hopeless and useless set of people.

[s]
5DMindset:
It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us[/s].

Bishop Okpalaeke is their new bishop. Period. cool

8 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by flex04(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2017
why are dis priests acting this way .......instead of fighting for service they fighting for office....sha pope humble him self for dem make dem carry dere wahala go.....bt a white was once an archbishop of lagos
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by goody36: 11:31am On Jul 18, 2017
From left: John Cardinal Onaiyekan,The Apostolic Nuncio and Very Rev. Fr. Raph Madu(a priest par excellence).
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by IYANGBALI: 11:31am On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Bishop Okpalaeke is their new bishop whether they like it or not. They can go and open their own church if they are still bitter. cheesy
God bless you. The Catholic church is not like any other church that people do whatever that suites them. It's either they do what the church want or fall out of the church

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by flex04(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Abeg go and read your history properly. Catholic church was first planted in Onitsha by Crowder from where it spread to other parts of Igbo land. Mbaise people are animals and should not be allowed to dictate to the holy catholic church. I am not a catholic but I respect the Pope even as a none catholic. Mbaise people are hopeless and useless set of people.

[s]

just imagine. so re they after service or office
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by CoolAmbience(m): 11:32am On Jul 18, 2017
I have always maintained that our problem as a people, has never been in our diversity or christening, but our sheer crude aversion for reasoning and change as well as satanic wickedness. You can see it in my recent poetry work below, only published last week.

PRAYER FOR MY NIGERIA

Thy realest peril thou knowest not.
Though thy offsprings' gloat in daily deep greed of sureness.

Unlike Jacob, the antidote lieth but not in the christening.

With your faintest resurrecting cry beareth thou the victory sword.

Cos thy years of bleeding are over and thy time hath come.

By MOE.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by tobrinskilanski: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2017
deepwater:
This most be serious
o gidi gan.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.

My friend,do you think this is politics
what do you mean by mbaise being the root of catholicism.
Anyway I see all ds happenings in Christendom to be one of the ways Satan z fighting the church.
buh thank God the gate of hell shall not prevail.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by ESDKING: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2017
abbeymighty:
See the IPOB People who want to separate, they are fighting for religious post. what if they secede? their will be civil war among them. South Sudan a case study.
Shut up.. every tribe has internal crisis.
Ife don't marry Modskeke in osun State but they still come together to fight their common enemy. Receive brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Themandator: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.

So somebody from Anambra state is not good enough to be religious in another part of Igbo land and you expect Nigerians to take the rabble-rouser called Kanu serious about Biafra

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.