Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo (30811 Views)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by janefrancisca(f): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
If you like write from now till tomorrow, Mbaise people are not regarded as humans because they are nauseating, horrible, terrible, deadly and should not be associated with in any form. They are the reason Pope is having headache right now. All over the world bishops serves in different places that is not even their home state or town, why is Mbaise issue different? An Mbaise man is the VC of UNIZIK but did you hear that anyone resisted him from ascending that position? NO

Mbaise people should retrace their steps because the entire world and Igbos in particular shall continue to detest them and see them as snakes. When the last bishop died, Mbaise people cause a lot of confusion and disunity amongst themselves, they even rejected one of their own that was initially appointed but insisted on a particular person. This disagreement continued until the Papacy decided to appoint someone else from another state to come and lead the church there since they are have refused to accept even their own.

As for Ojukwu and Ahiara, it happened by chance and not that Ojukwu specifically chose the rural town for any reason. It was something that happened by chance, it was not planned because war was moving them from place to place.

I SPIT ON MBAISE PEOPLE

[s][/s]
Mbaise troll spotted. If u finish, com collect appointment letter. And u had to lie that Prof Ahaneku was not rejected when he was appointed the VC of unizik...God help u.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
Shut up this hopeless snake mbaise bastard. Go and read up how the entire thing started.

[s]
Austinoiz:

You are a TOKUNBO idiot for saying an Mbaisd priest was initially appointed. Who sold you such an imbecilic lie to you? A young man like you is still living in HEARSAY.
Again what has an FG-appointed VC got to do with the Church?

Guy, go cure yourself
[/s]
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Austinoiz(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kennedymac:
This nonsense is now too much. I want to proudly state categorically here that we Mbaise people are one of the best people you can associate with. I discovered that we Mbaise people are far more better than most of those people that call us names. One spectacular thing about we Mbaise people is that we hate injustice and intmidation.Mbaise community was stereotyped as bad people in 1902 when the Britsh govt came with intimidation to colonise us.History has it that Mbaise comm. was the only comm. that resisted the intimidation of the British govt.
It was in the process of resisting their intimidation that Dr Stewart Rogers was killed, his death led to a fight(Douglas war) btw Mbaise and the british army. Mbaise was the first comm.to have local warriors, and other communities used to come and hire our warriors.The British govt later made an appeal to Mbaise pple for dialogue through Eze Onyekwere, Mbaise comm agreed not knwing that the British had different thing in mind.The layed ambush @ the venue(Nkwo Otulu Ahiara) for the peace talk and killed our warriors,that was how they were able to capture Mbaise comm.That was the genesis of our bad name. So the Mbaise spirit to resist injustice and intimidation has been there right from time immemorial. Furthermore,there was a case btw Kabaka and Dr Sir warrior(Orental brothers), They had a music contract which came through Kabaka,after completing the assisgnment,Kabaka collected the money paid to them and pocketed it for himself.Sir warrior being an Mbaise man voiced out and asked him to bring out the money pd to them but Kabaka refused.One day,Dr sir Warrior told them that he had a music contract for the group,that they would take off from his house in Mbaise and they all agreed without knowing that Warrior had a plan.When they arrived at Sir warrior`s house,he siezed their music instruments and ordered them to leave his house,and not to come back for the instruments unless Kabaka brings out the money in his possesion.Kabaka instead of doing that,seperated from them and went and released a new song,in his song,he sd that if you see an Mbaise man and a snake,that you shld first kill the Mbaise man b4 killing the snake.Now tell me my readers,in all honesty,without any prejudice,who was bad btw the two?
Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu is regarded as one of the best personality in Igboland.
Has anybody ever wondered why he chose Mbaise(Ahiara) of all places in Igboland to declare Biafra. You can hate Mbaise to all we care or say whatever you desired but it remains that mbaise bu agbarusia ngene. we can't allow any form of intimidation and nobody should forget that it is intimidation that gave birth to biafra and secession.
All the kiddnapers, ritualists , drug pushers, armed robbers denting the image of igbos all over the world are from where ? And their names are not ringing bell but when little issue happened to concern mbaise , you see some persons who don't even know where mbaise is not to meeting anyone from Mbaise before saying shits. Well we don't care what they say about us .
Who God has blessed, no one can curse.

Educate the grown kid, my brother
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Austinoiz(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Shut up this hopeless snake mbaise bastard. Go and read up how the entire thing started.

[s][/s]

You're telling an indigene to go and read up abi. Funny u!
Well, for your info, I don't read happenings around me, I watch them happen. You should rather stop reading from hungry leftists like u who intertwine facts to arouse 'readers' like u.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Godsontalent: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Don't mind them, Mbaise people are only after their pocket and not about service and that is the reason the larger Igbo people detest anything about Mbaise. They are horrible and dangerous people.

fooooollll
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by omeokaa2: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.
A typical Mbaise speaking. Perhaps you are not a Catholic. Who even told you that Mbaise is the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and Africa as you claimed. I pity you people
It wont work.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by wagzyl: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.

It wont work.

Hardly comment on this forum but my heart skips reading your comment. Jesus!!! Are you really a Christian? You take pride in disobedience of a people to a Pope? You feel Bishops are selected on tribal basis? Please check how many Igbos are Bishops in places outside Igbo land in Nigeria and at least, broaden your knowledge! Do you also take pride that it is easier for an Igbo priest to be a Bishop outside Igbo land than in Igbo land? Which of your "money" is being used to "develop" Vatican? It sucks really reading this from someone who presumably went to school but I'm sorry, school never passed through you.

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by emi14: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
Rrankdonga:
This whole bishop walaha just made me see the hypocrisy of this Biafra brouhaha. Y'all will get Biafra in 2019 and fight till 2050 for who will be president..
safe to say that these IBO people are not serious.
Interestingly if Nnamdi was wise( or better still sincere), are these not the kind conflicts he should try to influence for the betterment of his cause? such a shame.

Foolish analogy.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by mark2sunny(m): 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
EconnectV:
Our internet/mobile data plan works with all devices e.g Andriod, Iphone, Blackberry(OS 10), computers, modems e.t.c. Data rollover if you re-subscribe before expiry of current plan, applicable to MTN, Glo, Etisalat and Airtel only.

To check your data balance
MTN >> *461*6#
Etisalat >> *229*9#
GLO >> *127*0#
AirTel >> *140#

Pay with MTN Recharge Airtime. You can also make VTU transfer etc..

✅*Unlimited* @ 3000# 90days duration ( Available on all Netwrk)

✅*DAILY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
15GB @ 1000

✅*WEEKLY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
10GB @ 1000
15GB @ 1300

✅*[MONTHLY PLANS] 38days duration (Both day and night)*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
4GB @ 1000
5GB @ 1200
7.5GB @ 1,500
10GB @ 2,000
15GB @ 2,000
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

✅*NIGHT PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
5GB @ 800
10GB @ 1000
15gb @ 1200

Pay with MTN Recharge cards. You can also make VTU transfer etc.. just Your Number Is needed... You should know that's this is  data shared, no code, and it's not a cheat..
#GodBless You As You Patronize Us...

✅*These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
WhatsApp✔️ ☎ :- Add us Bellow
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS.....

I sent recharge card worth #1500 for this guys data plan since 8am today till now and he hasn't sent me Data. I called but he doesn't pick. Sent him messages but no reply ....have I been scammed

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Ubenedictus(m): 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.
una money no develop vatican. Stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Rrankdonga(m): 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
emi14:

Foolish analogy.
why because you're dumb?
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Dubem85: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
It is sad and unfortunate to see that children and men of God are disobeying the order of a pope in the church... I ask this question... Is it not the same Bible that says we should obey those in authority..what then are this people practicing?? I guess this will be their last chance to either accept the Bishop or face the music that follows!

1 Like

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by jnrbayano(m): 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Themandator:

But the disobedience is largely deviating from true Christianity by the former.

Was I wrong about the disobedience by Mbaise prients and faithfuls?

Do you also mind in creating a thread for that disobedience you insinuate and mention me so I join you in a debate/discussion?

We need not derail this thread.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by jnrbayano(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
flex04:

Disobedience and selfishness

Yes. That's what it is
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Pavore9: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Themandator:

Mention one ....shey Na Europe and north America where orthoddox church dey close shop and some of the building converted to community centre

Go to JDPC offices in some Dioceses and go do some research!

When Pope Francis appointed Archbishop Jude Thaddeus Okolo as Papal Nuncio to Ireland 2 monthso ago was there uprising there despite the fact of history that the spread of the Catholic faith in Africa cannot without mentioning the central role played by Irish Priests and Sisters in their missionary sojourns.

A Priest from Anambra is sent to Imo, it becomes an issue! Where is the fellowship in that? I comfortably tell Priests and Sisters from Mbaise who work with me in different projects in East Africa that their home community "no be am"!

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Kennedymac(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

[s][/s]
educated illiterate stop depending on hearsay

Evans brother u guys are the reason other tribes in Nigeria insult and abuse igbos t with ur criminal mindset of every nigerian arrested for drug pushing they are all from anambra fool tell me one crime that was committed by an mbaise indigene
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
[s]
Godsontalent:
i am a big fooooollll

I should have known
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Do you know why Mbaise people are regarded as snakes? You guys are worse than evans of this world. Hopeless people

[s]
Kennedymac:
educated illiterate stop depending on hearsay
Evans brother u guys are the reason other tribes in Nigeria insult and abuse igbos t with ur criminal mindset of every nigerian arrested for drug pushing they are all from anambra fool tell me one crime that was committed by an mbaise indigene
[/s]
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by cupidhero(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
I pity this priests that are disobeying the holy father. Do they realize that they are doing this at the expense of their souls? Do they know that the pope are the divine elected of God, with the same power on earth as God himself?
They have turned the church to a power play ground.
Mother of God.

How is it possible for a human to have the same power on earth as God? Abeg what scripture was twisted in order to fake this truth?

Rrankdonga:
This whole bishop walaha just made me see the hypocrisy of this Biafra brouhaha. Y'all will get Biafra in 2019 and fight till 2050 for who will be president..
safe to say that these IBO people are not serious.
Interestingly if Nnamdi was wise( or better still sincere), are these not the kind conflicts he should try to influence for the betterment of his cause? such a shame.

You good man. How do you survive with all this foolishness? Wetin concern Igbos and Biafra for this matter
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.

This guy you are very funny

Catholicism in Africa dates back to the 1st century when there was a patriarch in Egypt.

Actually, the first catholic church in Nigeria was in Benin and started by Portuguese missionaries in 1400's. It is the Holy Arousa cathedral and has been converted to a traditional place of worship and still stands today.

The oldest catholic church of modern times is St Peter's Church Abeokuta founded in 1898.

Finally, if you are in support of disobedience to the pontiff, then i have to wonder aloud what brand of Catholicism you practice.

3 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
All of you mbaise people are the same. Hopeless and useless people.

[s]
Austinoiz:

You're telling an indigene to go and read up abi. Funny u!
Well, for your info, I don't read happenings around me, I watch them happen. You should rather stop reading from hungry leftists like u who intertwine facts to arouse 'readers' like u.
[/s]
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Chuukwudi(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
I pity this priests that are disobeying the holy father. Do they realize that they are doing this at the expense of their souls? Do they know that the pope are the divine elected of God, with the same power on earth as God himself?
Mother of God.

You belittle the Almighty!!!
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
When was he rejected? Was his case handled by the NUC the university governing body, the same way Papacy the Catholic governing body is handling this matter now? Mbaise people are nauseating and I join other people to spit on them.

[s]
janefrancisca:
Mbaise troll spotted. If u finish, com collect appointment letter. And u had to lie that Prof Ahaneku was not rejected when he was appointed the VC of unizik...God help u.
[/s]
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
donofdons:
Mother of God.

Mbaise people are hardly humans so they careless about the wrath of GOD.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by jnrbayano(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
How to identify The Catholic Church:

1) It is One (It is under one head)
2) It is Holy (Sanctified by Holy Spirit)
3) It is Catholic (It is universal)
4) It is Apostolic (Like the Apostle's who saw Christ)

Shocked as to why Mbaise priests forgot this fundamental teaching

God bless One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Kennedymac(m): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Do you know why Mbaise people are regarded as snakes? You guys are worse than evans of this world.

[s][/s]
go and hang urself Evans brother
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by oz4real83(m): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
5DMindset:

It wont work.
just listen to yourself. U allowed a WHITEMAN who has no Nigerian roots to be the direct representative of the pope to all catholics in Nigeria, but you dont want a fellow blackman who is Nigerian in all aspects to be the leader all because he isnt from Mbaise!!! Hyprocrisy of the highest order! That's why the whites take most blacks as trash!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Kennedymac(m): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

Mbaise people are hardly humans so they careless about the wrath of GOD.
educated illiterate go and hug transformer ode oshi
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by LasGidiOwner: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kennedymac:
my useless father is an educated illiterate, he should go and hug transformer ode oshi

Hmmm. Has it gotten to that? cheesy
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by Kennedymac(m): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
When was he rejected? Was his case handled by the NUC the university governing body, the same way Papacy the Catholic governing body is handling this matter now? Mbaise people are nauseating and I join other people to spit on them.

[s][/s]
lol if e pain u too much u drink sniper son of a thousand fathers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.