Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo (30813 Views)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by dumodust(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
Austinoiz:

Shebi you dey call people more astute and reasonable than your people USELESS abi? Oya nah cum carry your benefactor, Okpalaeke to Ahiara nah mek we see. If we teach una how to do 100meters under 10secs, mek I know wetin cause am.
Otele dika GI!
Are you insinuating harming or killing him?
Now that's interesting...
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by italo: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Rrankdonga:
This whole bishop walaha just made me see the hypocrisy of this Biafra brouhaha. Y'all will get Biafra in 2019 and fight till 2050 for who will be president..
safe to say that these IBO people are not serious.
Interestingly if Nnamdi was wise( or better still sincere), are these not the kind conflicts he should try to influence for the betterment of his cause? such a shame.

Bros, this matter pass Nnamdi Kanu o.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by lala45: 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Many anambarians have been futo vice chancellors,so its not a big deal fr Ahaneku to be dr
janefrancisca:
Tuesday, June 3rd will be remembered in Nnamdi Azikiwe University as the day the university completely attained federal status, despite having been pronounced a federal university since decades ago. The reason is that from the inception of the university, the vice chancellorship position has not left anambra state, where the institution is domiciled. Of the five past vice chancellors beginning with the pioneer vice chancellor, prof kenneth dike, prof festus aghagbo to prof pita Ejiofor, prof ilochi okafor and prof boniface egboka have all been indigenes of anambra state.
So, with the near expiration of the second tenure of the immediate past vice chancellor, prof boniface egboka, the governing council of the institution placed an advertorial in various newspapers calling for application from suitable persons to fill in the vacant position. This advertisement was also preceded with a search as it is the norm by the governing council. The search was meant to seek out some individuals in the university who are eligible for the contest, and are deemed to be very competent.
After these processes, on 27th May, news filtered out, that the governing council has met and picked out prof greg nwakoby as the new vice chancellor, but this was followed by a swift protest by the academic staff union of universities(ASUU) nnamdi azikiwe branch, saying that the template recommended for the race by the federal ministry of education was jettisoned by the board in the selection process. They called for outright cancellation of the result, as it was very unacceptable. The race by this time has been reduced from nine to three men, prof greg nwakoby, prof joseph ahaneku and prof ben osisioma.
The governing council of the university which went into a voting after other processes were passed and the chairman of the governing council, air vice marshal larry emerged to announce that prof joseph ahaneku has emerged as the new vice chancellor, after polling eight votes against three votes polled by prof greg nwakoby, while prof ben osisioma was said not to have polled any votes.
This announcement also sparked off another protest by prof nwakoby and his supporters, but while they were addressing journalists to register their protest, supporters of ahaneku were already celebrating, and prof ahaneku himself was already receiving members of the university community who were on a courtesy call to him.
While the protest from opposition candidates lasted, many reduced the position of the vice chancellor of a federal university to a tribal thing, with some saying that ahaneku was not fit to be the vice chancellor of the university being an indigene of imo state. They argued that since the university is sited in anambra state, there was no reason for an imo indigene to become the VC over anambra people. True or false?
N.B: If u like, join your ancestors to spit on us till ur spittle finish, e no concern me. Your spit...your problem.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by emi14: 3:55am On Jul 19, 2017
Rrankdonga:
why because you're dumb?
Dumb? Ok
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by kjhova(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2017
mark2sunny:

I sent recharge card worth #1500 for this guys data plan since 8am today till now and he hasn't sent me Data. I called but he doesn't pick. Sent him messages but no reply ....have I been scammed

Dude, you have been played as a Mugu of all Magas.
Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by chiamaka4g: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
Beautiful nonsense.
5DMindset:
The Mbaise people are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria. I have studied the news from both sides and I think the Pope didnt do a nice job by not listening to the Mbaise people.

The moment you keep imposing Priests from other tribes who are not Catholics but by virtue of Nigeria's tribal nepotism allow one tribe to lord over the very known Catholic tribes, then you cause trouble.

I am proud that Mbaise people disobeyed the Pope. They are the root of Catholicism in Nigeria and in fact Africa. They have so many Priests but none was considered worthy enough, but a different tribe and people are always choosen and imposed on them.

It is time that Catholic Church stop using this language of 'annointing' to cheat Africans. You are using our money to develop Vatican and you want to impose people on us.

It wont work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.