Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250497 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Rhapsody Of Realities
RELATE IN LOVE

Friday, August 30th.
Pastor Chris

Be tolerant with one another and forgive one another whenever any of you has a complaint against someone else. You must forgive one another just as the Lord has forgiven you (Colossians 3:13 GNB).

In today’s world, winds of intolerance are blowing strongly. It’s common to find those who can’t control their temper. Little things infuriate them and make them exhibit such anger that’s unbecoming of Christians. They’d make such comments as, “I can’t stand that brother or sister.” You could even hear their persistent complaints and whining about the Church premises: “I can’t stand this place; it’s just somehow; I don’t think I’ll keep coming to this Church.” They have people, places, and things they can’t tolerate. Don’t be that way!

But think about it: The Bible says, “By his (God’s) spirit he hath garnished the heavens…” (Job 26:13). The Holy Spirit created the whole world and beautified the Heavens, yet He’s so humble and so gracious to come live in you. In all His greatness and magnificence, He considers you qualified to be His house, His living tabernacle. In spite of your imperfections and idiosyncrasies, He still loves you. Why then should you, for whatever reason, say you can’t stand someone else? Why should you resent or find anyone repulsive?

If  the  Holy  Ghost  could  come  to  live  in  you,  then be  humble.  Emulate  Him,  for  the  Bible  says,  “Be  ye therefore  followers  of  God,  as  dear  children;  And walk  in  love,  as  Christ  also  hath  loved  us…”  (Ephesians 5:1-2).  Let  Him  be  your  focus.  If  you  love  Jesus,  it’ll show in your relationship with others.

Our  theme  verse  says,  “Be  tolerant  with  one another….”  Be  humble  to  accommodate  and  tolerate your  brothers  and  sisters  in  Christ.  The  Bible  says  no one  should  “...think  of  himself  more  highly  than  he ought  to  think...”  (Romans  12:3).  God  expects  you  to think  highly  of  yourself,  but  you’re  not  to  exalt  yourself above others.

If  you  found  yourself  exhibiting  traits  of  resentment and  intolerance,  consciously  re-culture  yourself  with the  Word.  Be  sure  to  only  give  vent  to  the  love  of  God in your life.

DOWNLOAD SEPTEMBER RHAPSODY OF REALITIES USING THE LINK BELOW:
https:///2HKQjT1

CONFESSION
With  all  humility,  gentleness,  and  patience,  I  relate with  others  graciously,  lavishly  expressing  God’s  love to  my  world.  I’m  accommodative  and  kind  towards others,  giving  allowance  for  their  shortcomings and  imperfections,  because  the  love  of  God  is  shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Ephesians 4:2 GNB Be always humble, gentle, and patient. Show your love by being tolerant with one another. 3 Do your best to preserve the unity which the Spirit gives by means of the peace that binds you together. ||

|| 1 Peter 4:8 NIV Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. ||

|| 1 Thessalonians 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. ||

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Corinthians 14 & Proverbs 3-4

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 19:41-48 & 1 Samuel 18

We trust you have been blessed by this devotional. We invite you to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life by praying thus:

“O Lord God, I believe with all my heart in Jesus Christ, Son of the living God. I believe He died for me and God raised Him from the dead. I believe He’s alive today. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life from this day. Through Him and in His Name, I have eternal life; I’m born again. Thank you Lord, for saving my soul! I’m now a child of God. Hallelujah!”

Let us know that you made that declaration by sending a mail to info@rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

BUILDING THE CHURCH OF CHRIST .

Saturday, August 31st .
Pastor Chris

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).

The Church is important to Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:30 says, “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.” The Church is His body. So, when He said, “I will build my church,” He was talking about the body of Christ, and that’s you and I; all our brothers and sisters around the world. But how can He build His church when He’s gone to heaven?

The Bible says, “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:11-12). The word, “edifying” here is “building.” So, the purpose of the five-fold ministry gifts is building the body of Christ. He’s building His body through us.

As we all commit to soul winning, leading men and women to Christ in our respective spheres of contact, we’re building God’s powerful super structure! Remember, when Solomon was building God a house, he sent a message to Hiram and said, “Please send me materials. The house that I want to build for God is a magnificent building” (Read 1 Kings 5). But you know what? The magnificence of the body of Christ today is even greater. Hallelujah!

The Bible says we’ll not give Him rest until He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62:7); until the Church of Jesus Christ is shown to be the most beautiful living thing on the face of the earth. Glory to God!

Moreover, as a member of that body, it doesn’t matter where you’ve been; you’re being built strong; your faith is growing; you’re getting stronger by the day! He said in Acts 20:32, “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.”

CONFESSION

I’m a member of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones! My faith is built strong to repel the adversities of life, and I triumph gloriously today and always. The Lord is building His body through me, by my vital participation in the spread of the Gospel. Praise God!

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. ||

|| Ephesians 1:22-23 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 15:1-34 & Proverbs 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 20:1-8 & 1 Samuel 19

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Be A Partner Of Rhapsody Of Realities Today!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

GREATNESS, HUMILITY AND ORDER .

Monday, September 2nd .
Pastor Chris

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted (Matthew 23:12).

A very striking quality of truly great people is their humility. It makes no difference where they are, they respect leadership; they honour structures, principles, and maintain order. It brings to mind something that Jesus did when He was to feed a crowd of five thousand men (women and children not counted). He said to His disciples, “...Make them sit down by fifties in a company. And they did so, and made them all SIT DOWN” (Luke 9:14-15).

The instruction was simple: sit down in manageable groups, and the men did. Not to heed such a simple instruction would be to be out of order, which oftentimes is the result of pride. Don't try to “rise,” when the instruction is for you to “sit.” Relax and calm down. Get in order.

1 Peter 5:5-6 says, “...be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.” Those who are proud, despite their desire for expansion, progress or advancement, don't experience much, because God resists the proud. He gives grace to the humble.

When you come for a Church meeting, for example, and you're given an instruction as to where to park your vehicle or directed in the auditorium as to where to sit, don't complain. Comply. Don't shrug with contempt at the venue or facility managers; don't disrespect the ushers.

Our opening verse in the Amplified Classic says, “...whoever humbles himself [whoever has a modest opinion of himself and behaves accordingly] shall be raised to honor.” Humility is the speed for life, the catalyst for ever-increasing greatness and unlimited progress. It's the way to experience quantum leap, and be elevated to honour in your life.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I’m submitted to the authority, influence and impact of your Word. Pride, arrogance, haughtiness, or egotism have no place in me. I walk in true humility and as a result, I experience ever-increasing greatness and unlimited progress in every area of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. ||

|| James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. ||

|| Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Corinthians 16:1-24 & Proverbs 10-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 20:19-26 & 1 Samuel 21

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2019
GET YOUR EMOTIONS INVOLVED .

Wednesday, September 4th .
Pastor Chris

…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months (James 5:16-17).

Some people pray absent-mindedly, without their emotions, and it’s one of the reasons their prayers are ineffective. Notice our opening scripture; it talks about Elijah praying in a heartfelt, emotive manner; he was passionate.

Not many realize that it’s okay to get emotional with the Lord, because He’s got emotions too. The Bible says, “He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh…” (Psalm 2:4). Laughter is an emotion. Joy is an emotion, and God expresses His joy (Zephaniah 3:17). Therefore, in prayer, it’s okay to focus your mind on Him and express your love lavishly and passionately.

When you get your emotions involved in prayer, your spirit is conditioned in a way that’s receptive to the Holy Spirit. At that moment, your mind is channelled to your purpose of prayer and attentive. Recall that the Bible says, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee” (Isaiah 26:3). Learn to stay your mind and emotions on the Lord in prayer!

If, while you’re praying, your mind strays to other thoughts, consciously get it back to focus on the Lord and the subject matter. On the other hand, if you’re praying in tongues or praying without a particular subject, you can still keep your mind and emotions on the Lord and let your spirit or the Holy Spirit bring forth words or thoughts to your consciousness at that time.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and honour to pray and receive answers. Even now, my mind is completely yielded to you, with my thoughts and words synchronized with your Spirit, in earnest supplication and worship, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Samuel 1:9-13 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD. 10 And she [was] in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore. 11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head. 12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth. 13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. ||

|| James 5:16 AMPC Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 14:14-15 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 2:5-3:1-6 & Proverbs 14-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 20:39-47 & 1 Samuel 23

FREE SEPTEMBER SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2019
Rhapsody Of Realities
LOVE YOUR ENEMIES

Thursday, September 5th.
Pastor Chris

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Matthew 5:44).

Some Christians have what they call, “Enemy vanquishing services,” where they pray against their perceived enemies. But that’s not scriptural. The Word says, “...Love your enemies….”

Whatever God tells you to do is for your benefit. If He tells you to love your enemies, it means you can, and it’s also for your advantage. So, you’ve got to do the Word. Moreover, the Word shows that the adversary we contend with isn’t flesh and blood: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood…” (Ephesians 6:12).

Christians who pray against their enemies do so mainly out of fear and insecurity, and that’s because they’re ignorant. If Jesus Christ is your Lord, the Master and Shepherd of your life, then you have nothing to fear. David understood this and exclaimed in Psalm 27:1, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Have this same consciousness.

Consider Solomon; the Lord said to him, “...Ask what I shall give thee” (2 Chronicles 1:7). Solomon asked for wisdom and knowledge. Then, God said to him, “...Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies… Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like” (2 Chronicles 1:11-12). This is instructive! The Lord commended him for not asking for the destruction of his enemies.

The desire of the Spirit is to see the salvation of your enemies. They’re already in trouble with God if they don’t repent. However, your role is to intercede for them and bring them words by which, or through which they can be saved.

PRAYER
Gracious and loving heavenly Father, I thank you for the counsel in your Word. You’ve given me a heart that loves only, and granted me the capacity to express your love that’s shed abroad in my heart by your Spirit. I lavishly express your love today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

|| 1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. ||

|| Matthew 5:43-45 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. ||

|| Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. ||

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Corinthians 3:7-4:1-18, Proverbs 16-17

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 21:1-9, 1 Samuel 24

We trust you have been blessed by this devotional. We invite you to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life by praying thus:

“O Lord God, I believe with all my heart in Jesus Christ, Son of the living God. I believe He died for me and God raised Him from the dead. I believe He’s alive today. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life from this day. Through Him and in His Name, I have eternal life; I’m born again. Thank you Lord, for saving my soul! I’m now a child of God. Hallelujah!”

Let us know that you made that declaration by sending a mail to info@rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:35am On Sep 06, 2019

KEEP YOUR HEART PURE WITH THE WORD .

Friday, September 6th .
Pastor Chris

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God (Matthew 5:cool.

As a Christian, you’re a sanctified vessel, called to live righteously unto God. Iniquity or evil shouldn’t be found in your heart. You must keep yourself and your heart pure with the Word of God.

If, having been born again, your heart is still full of lust for evil things, something is wrong; there has to be a change! Make up your mind about it. You’ll need to have sessions of meditation and fasting without further delay.

The Word purifies the mind and spirit. God desires to take you to the next and higher level in your walk with Him, but you’ve got to let go of any ungodly lifestyle. The Bible says, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us LAY ASIDE EVERY WEIGHT, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us” (Hebrews 12:1).

What’s that weight that’s not letting you run as effectively as you should in fulfilling God’s plan for your life? Get rid of it. Jesus said, “…for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me” (John 14:30). Be sure that Satan has nothing in you.

Pay attention to changes the Holy Spirit may be guiding you to make, and receive corrections. It’s all so you can fulfil His destiny for you gloriously without reproach. Refuse to allow any weight or sin cling itself to you, so you can make faster progress in your life.

Remember what the Word says: “...sin shall not have dominion over you...” (Romans 6:14). The moment you say “No,” that’s it! Psalm 119:9 says, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.” All it takes is acting on the Word. So, make it your life’s work to live in the light of God’s Word.

CONFESSION

I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, His workmanship, created to produce fruits of righteousness. I’ve crucified the flesh with its passions and desires; Satan has nothing in me! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Corinthians 7:1 NIV Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. ||

|| Psalm 24:3-5 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. ||

|| 1 John 3:3 AMPC And everyone who has this hope [resting] on Him cleanses (purifies) himself just as He is pure (chaste, undefiled, guiltless). ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 5-6:1-2 & Proverbs 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 21:10-19 & 1 Samuel 25

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2019

THE PURITY OF THE SPIRIT .

Sunday, September 8th .
Pastor Chris

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth (John 17:19).

There are Christians who don’t have the reverential fear of God; they think they’re at liberty to live the way they choose. But that’s dangerous. There’s a way of life that’s not right for a Christian, and if you’re going to fulfil the purpose of God for your life, then you’ve got to have purity of heart; you must live according to your nature of righteousness and true holiness in Christ.

In Joshua 3:5, we read something striking that Joshua said to the children of Israel. He said, “…Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you.” Joshua understood the power of sanctification; the power of separating yourself from the wrong things; the power of purifying your mind and your life.

You’re God’s vessel, sanctified to be in fellowship with Him through the Holy Spirit. Don’t jeopardize that communion because of a bad attitude or worldly lifestyle. 2 Corinthians 13:5 says, “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves….” Use the Word to purge and examine yourself always. 2 Timothy 2:21 says, “If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.”

Do you want to continually experience the supernatural in your life? Then, keep yourself in the purity of the Spirit; don’t live the wrong life. Don’t get yourself entangled with the things of this world, for the Bible says, “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life…” (2 Timothy 2:4).

You were separated from the World through the Gospel, but you’ve got to take the world out of you, through the sanctification of your mind and soul. This happens as you yield to the authority and lordship of the Word, and guidance of the Holy Spirit in your life. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

I’m sanctified, set apart, for God’s use. I’m continually transformed by the renewing of my mind, in the image of Christ. I stay on the path of purity, yielded to the Word, and the authority and guidance of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Timothy 2:21-22 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you, ||

|| Romans 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 7:2-16 & Proverbs 22-23

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 21:29-38 & 1 Samuel 27

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Sep 09, 2019
[21:18, 9/7/2019] Bolanle Otunla: RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

THE PURITY OF THE SPIRIT .

Sunday, September 8th .
Pastor Chris

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth (John 17:19).

There are Christians who don’t have the reverential fear of God; they think they’re at liberty to live the way they choose. But that’s dangerous. There’s a way of life that’s not right for a Christian, and if you’re going to fulfil the purpose of God for your life, then you’ve got to have purity of heart; you must live according to your nature of righteousness and true holiness in Christ.

In Joshua 3:5, we read something striking that Joshua said to the children of Israel. He said, “……
[16:44, 9/8/2019] Bolanle Otunla: RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

ONE NAME FOR GOD .

Monday, September 9th .
Pastor Chris

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth (John 1:14).

It’s possible to know God with a limited revelation; and a lot of people are that way. They have a very myopic view of who God is. But you see, you can’t live beyond the revelation of God that you have. In the Old Testament, God revealed Himself in several names. He said to Moses, “I am the LORD; I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of El-Shaddai, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them” (Exodus 6:2-3).

However, in the New Testament, He revealed Himself in the Name, Jesus! The Bible says the totality of divinity resides in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:9). So, the Name of God in the New Testament is Jesus. In Matthew 28:19, Jesus commanded His disciples to baptize the people in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. In carrying out that divine instruction, they baptized people in the Name of Jesus.

Read the Book of Acts; the Apostles understood that the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, is Jesus; that’s the Name for the Godhead. The Father responds in that Name; the Holy Spirit answers to the name as well.

The Psalmist declared, “…for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name” (Psalm 138:2). We read in our opening verse that the Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us. That’s Jesus! Philippians 2:9 says, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.”

If the Name of Jesus is higher than every other name, then it’s obvious that’s the Name of God Himself. He couldn’t have a name that’s lesser than the Name of Jesus.

This is the Name that’s been given to us to live by. All power, dominion, glory, and majesty is vested in that Name. Heal the sick, cast out devils, raise the dead, and work wonders in that Name. It’s got all of heaven’s authority behind it. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

God has highly exalted Him, and given Him a Name that’s above every name, that at the Name of Jesus, every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth. I live in, and by, the Name of Jesus, and I rule and dominate my world by the power of that Name. Glory of God!

FURTHER STUDY: || Matthew 28:18-19 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: ||

|| Ephesians 1:19-23 And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. ||

|| Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; 11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 8-9 & Proverbs 24-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 22:1-13 & 1 Samuel 28

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2019

YOUR WORDS AND YOUR LIFE .

Tuesday, September 10th .
Pastor Chris

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned (Matthew 12:37).

Words possess creative energy. Words are things; they have substance and never die. Jesus showed us how to use words. In every miracle He did, in every blessing He imparted, He used words. He spoke, and whatever He said came into existence.

He taught that the most powerful force in life is the force of words and cautioned us not to speak empty, inoperative words (Matthew 12:36). He said in John 6:63, “…the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” The same goes for your words; they’re eternal.

Read Romans 10:9 and see the power of words with respect to salvation: “...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” A man will only go to hell or to heaven on the basis of his words. If he spoke the words that God said we should speak for salvation, he’d be saved. But if he didn’t, he’d be damned. It’s that simple.

There’re blessings untold for the one who’s born again, but to enjoy them, you must acknowledge and speak them forth. 1 Peter 3:10 says anyone who wants to enjoy life and see good days must speak wholesomely. Where you are today in life is a reflection of what you’ve been saying all your life.

Therefore, build your life with the right words. Speak words that are consistent with the glorious life of righteousness, peace, health, wealth and joy that you have in Christ Jesus.

PRAYER

Thank you, Father, for giving me an extraordinary life of righteousness, peace, success and dominion. I’m indestructible, and in the ageless zone by virtue of your life and glory in me. Your graces, wisdom, and righteousness are revealed in me today, in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || John 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. ||

|| Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

|| 1 Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 10:1-18 & Proverbs 27-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 22:14-23 & 1 Samuel 29

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On Sep 11, 2019

A LIFE OF PURPOSE WITH GOD .

Wednesday, September 11th .
Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Being born again, even though you still have the same physical body, your spirit has been recreated in the likeness of Christ. This is what Jesus made possible for us: He gave us His life and nature of righteousness, having taken our place of sin and condemnation on the Cross. Now we have and live a life of purpose in the earth.

The moment you were born again, you were born into a life of purpose with God. You’re God’s outstretched hand of blessing to your world. It makes no difference what you were, prior to giving your heart to the Lord. It makes no difference that others may have thought you wouldn’t amount to anything in life. Today, you’re a prince of power with God. Understand, acknowledge, and appreciate your new destiny in Christ.

We read in our opening verse that “…old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” You’ve been catapulted to a life of victory, success, prosperity, hope, and assurance. But that’s not all. Through you, God wants to bring many others into the same blessed union and fellowship of the Spirit, so their lives can also have meaning and purpose with divinity.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I rejoice for your seal on me, designating me a child of divine destiny, living out and fulfilling your purpose in the earth. I live over and above the natural courses of life, the corruption, evil, and decadence prevalent in this world of darkness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Peter 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: ||

|| Ephesians 2:10 AMPC For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 11:1-15 & Proverbs 29-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 22:24-34 & 1 Samuel 30

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2019

BE MEEK AND LOWLY IN HEART .

Friday, September 13th .
Pastor Chris

Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:4 AMPC).

The more knowledgeable you are in the things of the Spirit, the more humble you become. If your knowledge in Christ, and of God, doesn’t produce a greater level of humility in you, then something is wrong; your knowledge is of the flesh and such knowledge puffs up (1 Corinthians 8:1).

True knowledge of God is the knowledge of the Spirit, and in unity with His Spirit. The more you know Him, the more you reveal and reflect Him in your thoughts, character, words and actions. In Matthew 11:29, He said, “…I am meek and lowly in heart….”

The One who said this is the same One described as the embodiment of all knowledge and wisdom. Philippians 2:5-8 further lets us in on His humility. It says, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

Don’t be high-minded. That’s what Jesus meant when He used the word, “lowly” in our theme verse. It means to “condescend without being condescending”; it’s one of the key things about humble people.

Humility is a life; it’ll work in you, whether you’re with the high and mighty or with the lowly. It’s often expressed in action by the willingness to take on the responsibility of service to others, in loyalty to the Word.

Something else about humble people is that they take responsibility, even for other people’s errors, and don’t keep record of the wrongs done to them. They free those who hurt them, because true humility is submitting to the Lordship of Jesus Christ through the Word.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for the impact of your Word in my spirit. I’m completely yielded to the authority, influence, and impact of your Word, producing positive transformations in my character, lifestyle, communication, and attitude, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Peter 5:5-6 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: ||

|| Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. ||

|| James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 12:1-21 & Ecclesiastes 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 22:44-53 & 2 Samuel 1

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2019

DON’T GO OVERBOARD .

Saturday, September 14th .
Pastor Chris

Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth (Proverbs 6:2).

In your personal life as a Christian, you must demonstrate the Word everywhere, and at all times. Don’t let casual talk rob you of the effectiveness of the Word in you, and through you. Never become so casual with the Word and in your talk that you lose respect for the truth of God’s Word and who He’s made you. Maintain the consciousness of the honour the Lord has placed on your life, such that even when you joke, it’s never against the Word, your identity or heritage in Christ.

The Bible says, “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers” (Ephesians 4:29). Your jokes shouldn’t be coarse; don’t go overboard. It’s okay to be funny, but don’t get so funny that you forget who you are. Express dignity, honour, even when you joke.

When you talk about God, be reverent, because His angels are always present. Many have got themselves into trouble because of their casual or idle communication, forgetting that they’re snared or taken captive by their words.

Never say anything that’s against your body or your life, all in the name of making a joke. You may not mean it, but if you say it, you’ll have it. That’s what Jesus said in Mark 11:23. He didn’t say, “You’ll have what you say, only if you weren’t joking”; rather, He said, “You shall have what you say.” It’s a law of the Spirit; use it to your advantage.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for the honour you’ve placed on my life. I never lose sight of the truth of your Word and who you’ve made me in Christ. My words are inspiring; I’m excellent in my communication, everywhere and every time, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Proverbs 26:18-19 NKJV Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death, 19 [Is] the man [who] deceives his neighbor, And says, "I was only joking!" ||

|| Proverbs 18:21 Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. ||

|| Proverbs 15:4 A wholesome tongue [is] a tree of life: but perverseness therein [is] a breach in the spirit. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Corinthians 13:1-14 & Ecclesiastes 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 22:54-62 & 2 Samuel 2

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2019

LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES .

Sunday, September 15th .
Pastor Chris

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6).

When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life.

The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention.

Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine! Why in the world should anyone live at such a base level?

Be Spirit-ruled and Word-governed. Refuse to be stirred by and attracted to fleshly things. The Bible says, “…they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh…” (Romans 8:5). What are the things that stir you up? Remember, where a man’s treasure is, there will his heart be also.

You’re after the Spirit if your affection time and energies are focused on things pertaining to Christ, His Gospel, and the eternal life that He’s given us. So, let the Word of God control your values, ideas, opinions, choices and decisions.

CONFESSION

I’m not moved by what I feel, see or perceive through the senses! I’m born again and full of the Holy Ghost, with the very life of Christ in me. Therefore, I’m not ordinary! My mind and affections are set on the Lord and things pertaining to Christ, His Gospel, and eternal Kingdom. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. ||

|| Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ||

|| Colossians 3:1-2 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Galatians 1:1-24 & Ecclesiastes 9-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Luke 22:63-71 & 2 Samuel 3-4

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Sep 16, 2019
EXUDE JOY AND ESCHEW ANGER

DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY OF REALITIES APP USING THE LINK BELOW:
https:///2HKQjT1

Monday, September 16th.
Pastor Chris

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God (James 1:19-20).

Many don’t realise how maintaining a joyful heart is key to fulfilling God’s purpose for their lives. Isaiah 12:3 says, “Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.” Your faith prevails in an atmosphere of joy, joy that comes from your inner man.

Some allow their desires or failed expectations rob them of their joy. But as a Christian, your joy is independent of circumstances. True joy is in fulfilling your purpose; doing the things the Father asked you to do.

The Word admonishes us in James 5:13: “Is any among you afflicted (ill-treated, suffering evil), let him pray; Is any merry, let him sing Psalms.” In Ephesians 4:26, the Word tells us that we shouldn’t allow our anger, fury or exasperation last for long.

God’s holy anger is only expressed towards those who do evil and works of unrighteousness; and it’s not your job to be angry on His behalf. For example, when Samuel was angry that the children of Israel asked for a king, God said, “Samuel, why are you angry? They didn’t reject you; they rejected me” (Read 1 Samuel 8:6-7). God didn’t permit Samuel to be angry.

Anger defaces your beauty in the spirit. Therefore, eschew anger. Manifest the joy of the Lord always, for the joy of the Lord is your strength; that’s where your glory is. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’ve put on the new man, which, after God, is created in righteousness and true holiness. I’m full of joy! In me, there’s no bitterness, rage, or anger. I only give vent to the love and righteousness of God, expressing His kindness, meekness, patience and goodness. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

|| Proverbs 19:11 NIV A person's wisdom yields patience; it is to one's glory to overlook an offense. ||

|| James 1:19-20 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. ||

|| Ecclesiastes 7:9 CEV Only fools get angry quickly  and hold a grudge. ||

|| Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. ||

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Galatians 2:1-21
Songs of Solomon 1-2

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 23:1-12
2 Samuel 5-6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:34am On Sep 19, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

||� FOCUS ON THE PERSON, NOT ON THE POWER |�|

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you… (Acts 1:cool.

Thursday, 19th September.
Pastor Chris

There’s a difference between the Person of the Holy Spirit and the impartations of the Holy Spirit. In the Scriptures, we read how handkerchiefs and aprons taken from the body of Paul healed the sick (Read Acts 19:12). The Holy Spirit wasn’t on the handkerchiefs and aprons, but His power was on them.

As a Christian, you’re a greater and better recipient of the Spirit’s power. He lives in you, and is real in you as a person, but He has also imparted your whole being with His power. This is where many have missed it: they seem to be more conscious of the power than the Person of the Holy Spirit.

You can have the power of the Holy Spirit, and not be in fellowship with the Person of the Holy Spirit, and that’s dangerous. It happened to some in Bible
days, and still happens today.

For example, Samson was endued with the power of God; the power was in his hair, but he wasn’t living right. He disregarded the Word of God, and fell in love with a Philistine. He knew his decisions were wrong, but he was confident that if trouble came, all he had
to do was activate the power of God in Him. He knew how to “shake himself” (Judges 16:20) for the power to
work. He knew how to make contact with the “power,” but wasn’t in fellowship with the “Person.” Of course, he would pay dearly for his error eventually.

That’s just like some people today. Someone could be healing the sick, casting out devils, but his ways aren’t right with God; he’s not in fellowship with the Holy Spirit. All he has are the impartations of the Spirit. That’s not what God wants.

Your fellowship with the Holy Spirit is the most important thing in your life. Apportion regular times in the day to spend with Him, and He’ll reveal mysteries to you concerning your life, future, family, job, finances and everything else related to you. He’ll fly you on eagle’s wings and navigate you through life victoriously. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

Blessed Holy Spirit, I rejoice for your glorious presence in my life. You’re real in me and to me as a person; your power is at work in me. I sanctify myself, being fully yielded to your guidance and instructions, as I fulfil my calling in Christ. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
|| Acts 1:8 || But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

|| Matthew 7:21-23 || Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

|| Acts 19:11-12 || And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: Acts 12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

|| 1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
Galatians 3:26 4:1-20
Isaiah 1-2

|| 2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
Luke 23:34-43
2 Samuel 11-12

|| Thank You For Studying And Sharing With Other People. God Bless You ||
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:13am On Sep 25, 2019

BORN INTO THE SUPERNATURAL REALM .

Wednesday, September 25th .
Pastor Chris

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:12-13).

When Jesus walked the earth, He lived the Kingdom life. His life and ministry were miraculous and supernatural. He fed five thousand men with a little boy’s lunch (women and children not counted). He raised the dead, walked on water, etc. He did so many other supernatural things, which are recorded for us in the Bible.

But here’s the point: the miracles that Jesus performed weren’t miracles to Him. Rather, they were the expressions of His Kingdom life. The things He did, and the way He lived shows the way we ought to live and function today, for we’re in the Kingdom now. Being born again, we’ve been born into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son, where the supernatural is natural with us.

Therefore, like Jesus, your entire life, every day, should be an unending gusher of the miraculous and supernatural. Every move you make, every step you take, every word you speak, should be outflows of the supernatural! This is because the Word of God is clear: “…as He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17).

We have the same life He has. His power is in you, working all the time, because He lives in you. But you have to learn how to let it flow out to the world. Divinity is at work in you. It’s the reason you must inundate your mind with God’s Word and thoughts from the Spirit of God! Consciously practise the God-life by living out God’s Word.

Many live as ordinary men due to their ignorance of the Word (Psalm 82:5). Study and meditate on God’s Word continually, to appropriate the blessings of the supernatural life in Christ and live in that realm—EVERY DAY!

PRAYER

I’m born of the incorruptible seed of God’s Word; therefore, I remain connected to the Word, for therein lies my health, wealth, prosperity, and progress in life. As I study and meditate on the Word, my inheritance in Christ is unveiled to me, and I walk in that reality. I’m living the supernatural life naturally, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Peter 1:2-4 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. ||

|| John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. ||

|| 1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Ephesians 2:11-22 & Isaiah 15-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 1:1-13 & 2 Samuel 23-24

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2019

SEE THROUGH THE WORD .

Thursday, September 26th .
Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

The scripture above isn’t a promise. Now that you’re born again, you’re a new creature already. The Word doesn’t say you’d become a new creature once your ways or behaviour have become perfect; no! The qualification is being in Christ.

Then, the latter part of the verse says, “…BEHOLD, all things are become new.” This means, see through the Word! See spiritually. It doesn’t matter what your life was like before you gave your heart to Christ; now that you’re born again, things have changed!

Notice the underlined word, “behold”; it means to see from God’s perspective. Don’t look at the physical anymore; see through the Spirit. Maybe you were born with a heart condition; old things are passed away! That blood condition is passed away. That cancer has passed out of your body! Those bad habits are gone. Glory to God!

Even the positive things in your life are replaced with better ones. Have this consciousness. See yourself and your life through the Word. All things in your life, now that you’re born again, are of God (2 Corinthians 5:18). That means they’re divine; they’re perfect. No strange “bodies” in you; nothing of the devil is in you.

Jesus said, “…for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me” (John 14:30). As He is, so are we. The enemy doesn’t have his sickness, disease, infirmities, failure, or weakness in you. You were created perfect in Christ Jesus. This is the Word of God concerning you; see yourself in this light.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you, for I’m the first and the best of your creations; I’m indestructible and impregnable to the corrupting influences of this world, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. I’m a new creature; I’m supernatural. My life is a manifestation of the glory and beauty of divinity. I’m alive to God, spirit, soul, and body, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Corinthians 3:18 AMPC And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit. ||

|| James 1:23-25 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Ephesians 3:1-21 & Isaiah 19-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 1:14-23 & 1 Kings 1

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by infogu1111i: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2019
Help me : My two years marriage is about to come to an end.

Name: I will like to remain Anonymous for some reason.

I feel pained, but also excited sharing this, because it was really a miracle, let me put it that way.

Kindly read till the end, i urgently need your advice.

Okay,let me just go straight to the point. I and my husband had rent issue and the landlord threatened to throw our load out if we don't pay the rent before the end of July 2019. We had search for whom to borrow the money(#250,000) from but to no avail.

My husband even tried to take a loan from one of the loaners,but the collateral they requested for was not available.

On the 25th of July 2019, i was reading news on nairaland platform and i stumbled on this betting article title Win Every Game, i decided to try as we needed money so desperately to pay the rent, so i get the book from these platform
https:///y3gj7ks8

https:///y3c5lnod

i could not read it due to the challenge i was facing. But, i was opportune to be added to the Telegram platform , so i immediately chatted with the admin, he did not respond at first, not until i explained my current situation to him and how that i needed money urgently to solve the issue on ground, so he promised to send me a code which he instructed me that i should not stake more than #100, but to tell you the truth, i decided to stake the bet with #1000, to tell you the truth,i didn't know it will work because it was actually my first time.

Few days later, the admin manager chatted me up that he wanted to confirm if i played the game he send to me that day. I replied that i did, he said the game won, that i should check and let him know.

I immediately went in search for where i dropped the slip. After so much searched, i saw the slip, i had to look for the boy that i sent to go help me play the game, so we both went to the shop where he played the game, i gave the slip to the attendant, she said i should wait, this whole thing still seems like a dream to me, not until the lady asked me if i want cash or the money transferred to my account. I told her i would prefer she transfer #220,000 to my account and to give me the remaining by hand.

I still didn't believed until i got the alert of #220,000 on my phone. So i got home and give my husband my ATM to go get the money and pay for the rent. But since that day i and my husband have not been in good term, he thinks i got the money from another man, i didn't tell him what i did and how i got the money.

One thing my husband don't like and would not want to see anyone close to him to do is Betting or anything that has to do with gambling.

Am afraid to tell him, but this issue is affecting our marriage, Just yesterday he has threaten to throw my things out this weekend if i did not tell him how and where i got the money from.

I kindly need your advice. I don't want to lose my marriage and at the other hand, my husband might kill me if i tell him how i got the money..

Please advice me on what to do, I have few days to save my marriage.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2019

DON’T CONFORM TO THE HUMAN NATURE .

Friday, September 27th .
Pastor Chris

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13 ESV).

Being born again, you have the life and nature of God in you; therefore, you’re not an ordinary person. 2 Peter 1:4 says, “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature….”

Some Christians refer to themselves as “ordinary human beings,” feigning some kind of humility, but that’s sad. As long as you believe, confess, and act on that statement, you’re conforming to the human nature. Whereas, your human nature was supplanted by God’s divine nature the moment you were born again.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” You’re a new creature, with a new life—the divine life—not the human life. The life in you now is no longer by blood, but by the Spirit.

The Bible says the life of the flesh is in the blood (Leviticus 17:11). But Romans 8:8-9 says, “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God….” But read the concluding part; it says, “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit….”

Being born of the Spirit, you’re sustained by the Spirit; He’s the life of your physical body. Romans 8:11 says, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

Now you can further understand when the Bible says in John 1:12-13, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” Become more conscious of the God-life in you, and give expression to your divine nature in Christ.

CONFESSION

I have the life of God in me, and I walk in the consciousness of this reality. There’s no death in my path, because I’m the embodiment of life, born of the Spirit, to rule and reign as a king over circumstances. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY: || John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. ||

|| Romans 8:8-10 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. ||

|| 1 John 5:11-12 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Ephesians 4:1-16 & Isaiah 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 1:24-34 & 1 Kings 2

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES TUESDAY, 1ST OCTOBER.

TOO BLESSED TO BE UNDER

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that bath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us Exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:3-4).

Some Christians are forever asking God for one thing or the other in prayer. It’s either they’re sick asking for healing, or they want a financial blessing. Bu if they’d study the Word of God, and truly receive it into their hearts, their lives will be totally different.

God chose you to be the helper, a blessing to other people. Never did He intend for you to be “needing” or asking anything of Him. He already gave you all things. We read it in our opening scripture. It’s wonderful to have a miracle of financial supply, but how about being in super abundance, such that you’re not conscious of need or supply?

That’s exactly our status and estate in Christ! We’re heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17). Corinthians 3:21 says, “...all things are yours.” Read Corinthians 9:8 (AMPC) and see God’s desire for you. It says, “…God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].”

The moment you say “Yes” to the scriptures we just read, you’d have a new mindset, and live the higher life in Christ. There’s a life beyond healing; it’s called divine health. That’s the life we have in Christ; you were born with it.

Understand who you are as a new creature; you’re too blessed to be under! The world truly belongs to you. Refuse the beggarly life. Why should you be asking God to give you something out of the world that He’s already blessed you with?

You have the advantage! Rather than seeking a blessing, come to the awareness and understanding that you’re the seed of Abraham, and you were blessed to bless the world: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3). Glory to His Name forever!

PRAYER
I’m blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus. All things are mine, and I bless my world with the unsearchable riches of Christ and His Gospel that I bear, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Ephesians 1:2-3 NIV; Philemon 1:6

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Ephesians 6:10-24 & Isaiah 31-32
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 2:12-25 & 1 Kings 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2019

BE ACTIVE IN A LOCAL CHURCH .

Wednesday, October 2nd .
Pastor Chris

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching (Hebrews 10:25).

Upon receiving salvation, one of the first things the Spirit of God does for you is to bring you into the house of God, to be a member of a church. Church membership is compulsory. You can’t be a “floating” Christian; you must be a stable member of a local church.

The Church is your place of refuge and security. The Bible tells us that the Church is the pillar and ground of truth: “But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15). The only place to hear the voice of truth and encouragement is the Church.

The enemy knows the power and import of being an active member of a local church, which is why he tries to cut people off from the Church and sow hatred in their hearts against the Church.

Never allow the enemy or anyone pitch you against the Church, because that’s where your strength comes from; that’s where you have people always praying for you. Think about it: the first people that God uses in blessing you are people who know you, or who are associated with you, such as your brothers and sisters in the Lord. Even when they don’t know you personally, because they’re associated with you, God puts words of blessings in their mouths for you. As they pray in the Holy Ghost, they intercede for you, according to the will of God for your life (Romans 8:26-27).

Your membership in a local church is a strong support system for your spiritual growth and effectiveness in the Kingdom of God. Therefore, be a vibrant and active member of a local church.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me a member of the body of Christ—the Church. I’ll be active in the local church, fulfilling my ministry in the Gospel, with joy and gladness; strengthened with might by the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. ||

|| Hebrews 10:25 (TLB) Let us not neglect our church meetings, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Philippians 1:1-30 & Isaiah 33-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 3:1-8 & 1 Kings 7

FREE OCTOBER SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:21am On Oct 03, 2019

UNDERSTANDING THE RULES OF PRAYER .

Thursday, October 3rd .
Pastor Chris

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint (Luke 18:1).

Why does God want us to always pray? It’s because it’s His intention to always answer our prayers. This should excite you to always pray; to take advantage of the privilege and opportunity of prayer, which, essentially, is a Spirit-to-spirit communication in divine fellowship.

Sadly, what many know about prayer is asking God for things. They see prayer as an avenue to beg or “force” God to do something for them, as though He’s unwilling. But that’s not the purpose of prayer. God isn’t against us; so, when we pray, we’re not trying to convince Him to do something He’s not inclined to do. Rather, we’re siding with Him in bringing His will to pass.

Furthermore, the Bible shows that there’re different kinds of prayer,
with different rules governing each kind. Most Christians are acquainted with the prayer of faith. The prayer of faith is quick; it’s the kind of prayer you can pray on the go. But there’re lots of issues and challenges in this world that won’t go away by the prayer of faith. Such situations or issues require some passionate supplication for the desired change to take place. We read about this kind of prayer in James 5:16-18 (AMPC); it’s heartfelt and continued.

You may say, “But prayer is prayer”; no, prayer isn’t just prayer. You can’t apply the rules for the prayer of faith for the prayer of intercession; it won’t work. It’s one of the reasons people don’t have answers to their prayers; they’re praying the wrong way about their situation.

If, for example, any football player other than the team’s goalkeeper, within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play, such a player will be penalized. The referee won’t overlook the infringement, because you can’t apply handball or basketball rules to football.

Study the Word to know, and apply the right rules for the different kinds of prayers and you’ll surely have results. Get our books titled, “How To Pray Effectively” and “Praying The Right Way” to learn more about the different kinds of prayer and their corresponding rules. They’ll enrich your prayer life.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity of prayer. I declare that your Word grows mightily and prevails around the world, and that the wicked acts, schemes, policies and stratagems of Satan are frustrated. Even now, I affirm by the Holy Ghost, that the earth is being filled with the knowledge of your glory, as the waters cover the sea, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Acts 4:24-31 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou [art] God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: 25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. 27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, 28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. 29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, 30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. 31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. ||

|| Acts 12:1-5 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth [his] hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) 4 And when he had apprehended him, he put [him] in prison, and delivered [him] to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people. 5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. ||

|| 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Philippians 2:1-18 & Isaiah 35-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 3:9-21 & 1 Kings 8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Oct 05, 2019

WORDS ARE “THINGS” .

Saturday, October 5th .
Pastor Chris

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24).

“Things” in the scripture above is translated from the Greek word “logos,” which is translated “word” in John 1:1: “In the beginning was the Word….” In the verses preceding our theme verse, there had been prophetic “words” about the fierce persecutions the Apostle Paul would face in Jerusalem. In spite of everything that had been said, Paul submitted, “None of these things move me....” He referred to the words that had been spoken as “things.”….”

He could have as well said, “None of these words move me.” That’s because in the Kingdom of God, words are things; they’re like spiritual particles; spiritual substance, and have spiritual tangibility. Every word that comes out of your mouth is a “thing” that’ll never be destroyed, because it’s of spiritual origin. When it goes out of you, it represents you everywhere. The only thing that can destroy and render it powerless is another word from you.

Jesus said, “Any word that you speak that’s useless, you’ll give account of it in the day of judgement” (Matthew 12:36). That tells you the power and importance of words; they’re of spiritual value. How you form and use them is your responsibility for which you’ll give account.

So, as a child of God, your life is really up to you. You create your situation, either good or bad. If you know that the last ten years haven’t been as beautiful as God would have them, you can change things now, and recreate your next ten years to be what God has destined for you.

It makes no difference what your struggles in life have been; you can recreate your world, by your words. Jesus said you shall have what you say (Mark 11:23). That’s where your life, and the power to shape it aright is—words! Speak the right words (God’s Word) about your life and situation.

CONFESSION

The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, even the word of truth which I’ve received. My words are potent, bringing forth victories, increase, promotion and abundance for me. My life is the testimony of God’s grace, glory and excellence. Praise God!

FURTHER STUDY: || Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. ||

|| Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; ||

|| Proverbs 6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Philippians 3:12-4:1-3 & Isaiah 40-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 4:1-9 & 1 Kings 10-11

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:08am On Oct 06, 2019

THE LIFE OF CHRIST AND HIS CALL ON YOUR LIFE .

Sunday, October 6th .
Pastor Chris

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love (Ephesians 4:1-2).

The word “vocation” in our opening scripture means “calling.” When you came to Christ, you answered the call. It’s a holy and high calling. You were separated from the world, unto Christ. That’s the reason the Church is called, “The called-out ones.”

Now, the Spirit, through the Apostle Paul, admonishes that you walk worthy of your calling in Christ. You’re to live in a way that’s befitting of someone God has chosen to be His. In other words, live like a Christian!

And who is a Christian? He’s one in whom Christ dwells! You’re to walk in the light of this truth. You’re not “walking worthy” of His call on your life if you permit sin, sickness or failure. You must say “No” to these, and all the works of the evil one. If you’re experiencing challenges in your health or other areas of your life today, it’s not prayer you need. Simply say, “No” to the devil and his works in your life. Insist that your life is for the glory of God, and maintain your confession.

The Bible says, “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus” (Philemon 1:6). Acknowledge the life of Christ in you, and His call on your life. 2 Thessalonians 1:11 says, “Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power....” Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

Dear Father, I fulfil my calling and walk in your prearranged path for my life by the power of the Holy Spirit. I’m guided in wisdom to walk in your perfect will, to walk in health, strength, victory and prosperity, living the transcendent life in Christ, and fulfilling your good pleasure, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Peter 2:9 AMPC But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own [a]purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. ||

|| 2 Timothy 1:9-10 Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: ||

|| Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Philippians 4:4-23 & Isaiah 42-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 4:10-18 & 1 Kings 12

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2019

YOUR MOUTH AND YOUR DESTINY .

Tuesday, October 8th .
Pastor Chris

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say…and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith (Mark 11:23).

Of all the natural gifts given to us by God, the ability to speak or use words is the greatest. That’s what controls and determines everything else about your life. You’re what you say; your words locate you and determine your destiny.

In our opening verse, we read the words of Jesus; He said, “You shall have what you say.” Proverbs 18:21 says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue….” Whether you live or die, depends on your mouth, the words you speak. The Lord Jesus affirmed the same thing. He said, “…by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:37 NIV).

The primary reason for your mouth is to steer your life in God’s direction for you. Today, you’re either in prosperity, health and abundance, or in poverty, sickness and want as a result of the words you’ve been speaking. The Bible says a wholesome tongue is a tree of life (Proverbs 15:4).

1 Peter 3:10 declares, “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.” It’s that simple: you can have a great life and enjoy your days in God’s blessings and goodness if you’d use your tongue aright. It’s about what you say!

Speak wholesome words—words that are consistent with your nature and heritage in Christ. It makes no difference the condition of your life right now; you can recreate your world. The Lord already gave us precedence to follow. Read Genesis 1; He brought order and form to a hitherto chaotic world, through the power of speech, revealing what we can, and are supposed to do with words.

You’re made in God’s image and likeness. Therefore, if you think there’s darkness in any area of your life, proclaim the Word. The Word of God is light, and as you speak, the light of God will manifest and completely obliterate the darkness.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the gift and power of speech. My life is beautiful, excellent and full of glory. My words are wholesome, because I’m taught by the Spirit to speak life and wisdom all the time. I’m fulfilling your purpose for my life gloriously, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Proverbs 13:3 He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: [but] he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction. ||

|| James 3:3-5 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. 4 Behold also the ships, which though [they be] so great, and [are] driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! ||

|| 1 Peter 3:10 AMPC For let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good—whether apparent or not] keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from guile (treachery, deceit). ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Colossians 1:24-2:1-5 & Isaiah 46-47

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 4:30-42 & 1 Kings 14

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Oct 11, 2019

THREE IMPORTANT FACTORS FOR SUCCESS .

Friday, October 11th .
Pastor Chris

Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches (Proverbs 24:3-4).

Our theme verse highlights three vital elements for building a successful life: wisdom, understanding, and knowledge. It says with wisdom, a “house” is built; house here could be likened to your life, business, career, family, or any enterprise. It goes further to say that the house, once built, is established by understanding; and then by knowledge, you bring riches into it.

Wisdom is the insight of knowledge, insight into the secrets and mysteries of life. The Bible says in Proverbs 4:7 that wisdom is the principal thing, the capital you need for whatever you want to achieve in life: “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.”

Notice that it doesn’t stop at enjoining you to get wisdom; it goes further to say, “Along with wisdom, get understanding.” Spiritual understanding is just as important as wisdom in building a successful life. You may have the wisdom to start something, but you need understanding to establish it, and then knowledge of how to make consistent progress from glory to glory.

In Colossians 1:9, the Spirit, through the Apostle Paul, prayed for us to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Knowledge here is exact or full knowledge of God. Through this kind of knowledge, you make your life glorious: your life (the house) is filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Wisdom, understanding, and knowledge go together. You need all three to be effective, and to live the extraordinary life of success, dominion, victory and excellence that God has ordained for you.

PRAYER

Precious Father, I thank you for granting me the Spirit of wisdom, understanding, and knowledge. Now, I’m filled with the knowledge of your will, in all wisdom, and spiritual understanding, to deal excellently in life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Colossians 1:9-10 For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; ||

|| Proverbs 8:1-14 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? 2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. 3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors. 4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice [is] to the sons of man. 5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. 6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips [shall be] right things. 7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness [is] an abomination to my lips. 8 All the words of my mouth [are] in righteousness; [there is] nothing froward or perverse in them. 9 They [are] all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge. 10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom [is] better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. 12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. 13 The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. 14 Counsel [is] mine, and sound wisdom: I [am] understanding; I have strength. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Colossians 4:2-18 & Isaiah 52-53

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 5:10-18 & 1 Kings 17-18

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2019

YOUR FAITH IS THE VICTORY .

Saturday, October 12th .
Pastor Chris

…and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4).

In life, there’re adversities. Jesus said in John 16:33, “…In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” It makes no difference what the situation is; take advantage of God’s extraordinary power in overcoming life’s adversities by expressing your faith. Your faith is the victory that overcomes the world.

However, faith not expressed, won’t prevail. James 2 verses 17 and 26 lets us know that faith without corresponding action is of no effect: “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also” (James 2:26). You express your faith in words and actions. An example is the account in Mark 10:46-52 of blind Bartimaeus; he repeatedly cried out to Jesus for healing. You’d have expected the Master to heal him right away, but that wasn’t what happened.

When Jesus eventually came face-to-face with the blind man, He asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” The Lord could see that the man was blind, yet He needed him to act his faith.

When you study the ministry of Jesus, you’d discover He always wanted people to express their faith. So, when the blind man said to Him, “I want to receive my sight,” the Lord went ahead and healed him. Don’t cry or complain to God about your situation; express your faith!

Jesus said if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you can achieve anything; nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matthew 17:20). And you already have faith, for the Bible says He’s dealt to every one of us the measure of faith (Romans 12:3). Act on the Word. When you pray, rejoice, knowing you’ve received. That’s faith!

God doesn’t mind challenges coming your way, since He knows He’s already made you an overcomer. 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” Cheer up; the victory is yours already. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

Blessed be God! In Christ, I’ve got the victory; I’ve overcome the world, its systems, economies and economics. I’m galloping in a perpetual victory parade. Through me, the knowledge of Christ spreads everywhere; my triumphs of faith effuse exquisite fragrance of His glory in every place. And as I live in God’s Word, I’m guided and inspired by His wisdom to fulfil His perfect will for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? ||

|| Mark 11:22-24 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Thessalonians 1-2:1-16 & Isaiah 54-56

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 5:19-27 & 1 Kings 19

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2019

GOD’S SUPPLY SYSTEM .

Monday, October 14th .
Pastor Chris

I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 121:1-2 NIV).

When it comes to your finances, you must see the Lord as your source; otherwise, you’ll struggle financially. You must understand that being an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ, you’re plugged to an unending supply; never think or talk lack. Be supply-conscious; not supply from men, your employer or the government, but from God. His supply system is nonstop. But if you focus on men or your salary, that’s a system that fails.

Many have gone into depressing situations because their “source” failed, and the supply stopped; but it’s not so with God’s supply system. Consider Elijah: God instructed Him to get away from Ahab and hide by the Brook Cherith, and commanded ravens to feed him every morning and evening. He also drank water from the brook.

However, after a while, the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land (1 Kings 17:7). Imagine if Elijah’s trust or focus was on the brook and the ravens, and not the Lord Himself. He probably would have gone into frustration when the brook dried up.

At that time, God prepared a widow at Zarephath to take care of him (1 Kings 17:9). This should tell you something: take your eyes away from men, your job or business; they’re channels. God is your source; focus on Him, because it’s up to Him to choose which channel to use.

If, for instance, your cable company or satellite TV service provider disconnects you, it doesn’t matter what channel you want to watch, it won’t work. But God is your “service provider,” therefore, focus on Him and not the channels. He’ll orchestrate things in your favour and see to it that you walk continually in abundance.

Use the Word for your finances. David said, “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1). You have unlimited access to God’s inexhaustible riches. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you, for you liberally supply my every need according to your riches in glory in Christ Jesus. You’re my source; wealth and honour come from you alone. Your divine power has given me everything I require for life and godliness. I’m plugged into a nonstop supply system, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 8:6 AMPC Yet for us there is [only] one God, the Father, Who is the Source of all things and for Whom we [have life], and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through and by Whom are all things and through and by Whom we [ourselves exist]. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 9:8-11 And God [is] able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all [things], may abound to every good work: 9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. 10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for [your] food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink 11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. ||

|| Psalm 121:1-2 NIV I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 1 Thessalonians 4:1-18 & Isaiah 59-60

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 5:33-47 & 1 Kings 21

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2019

AVOID WRONG ASSOCIATIONS .

Thursday, October 17th .
Pastor Chris

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them (Romans 16:17).

As a Christian, it’s so important that you avoid wrong associations. Keep away from people that try to corrupt your spirit with negativism, because it’s poisonous to your spirit. The Bible says, “…evil communications corrupt good manners” (1 Corinthians 15:33).

Oftentimes, your association could determine whether you’ll be productive or unproductive. You’d consciously have to put away those things or people causing you distractions, to make much progress in life. If you keep company with murmurers and complainers, you’re going to be where they are. So, don’t “sit where they sit”; be different. Be positive and excited about life.

There’re different ways Satan can come into people’s lives to mess things up; he can come through distractions, wrong influences, or wrong associations. It’s therefore important that you protect your spirit from corrupt influences.

Avoid people who peddle rumours, bad news, and only see the negative side of everything. When you separate yourself from distractions, you’re more focused and your fellowship with the Holy Spirit will be enriched. It’s like “refining gold”; removing the leftover impurities after the smelting process, so as to unveil the beauty of the pure gold.

As you identify and eliminate the sources of distractions in your life, your life becomes more inspiring. You become a source of progress and prosperity to others. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the correction and guidance I receive from your Word. By the help of your Spirit, I identify any association that could impede my growth in the things of the Spirit, and I thank you for granting me the courage and confidence to eliminate them, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 5:11 AMPC But now I write to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of [Christian] brother if he is known to be guilty of immorality or greed, or is an idolater [whose soul is devoted to any object that usurps the place of God], or is a person with a foul tongue [railing, abusing, reviling, slandering], or is a drunkard or a swindler or a robber. [No] you must not so much as eat with such a person. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 15:33-34 AMPC Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character. 34 Awake [[f]from your drunken stupor and return] to sober sense and your right minds, and sin no more. For some of you have not the knowledge of God [you are utterly and willfully and disgracefully ignorant, and continue to be so, lacking the sense of God’s presence and all true knowledge of Him]. I say this to your shame. ||

|| Proverbs 14:7 NIV Stay away from a fool, for you will not find knowledge on their lips. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 & Jeremiah 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 6:22-29 & 2 Kings 3

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:55am On Oct 18, 2019

HE RESPONDS TO FAITH .

Friday, October 18th .
Pastor Chris

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us (1 John 5:14).

Our opening scripture isn’t referring to whether or not your request is consistent with the Father’s will. Rather, it’s talking about having a hearing before the Father. If you pray according to God’s will for prayer—His will for asking—you’ll be heard.

God has a will—a design or plan—for prayer. His will for prayer is that you pray in the Name of Jesus; otherwise, you won’t be heard, even if you cry day and night.

Recall the account in Matthew 9, of two blind men who followed Jesus, crying, “Son of David, have mercy on us” (Matthew 9:27). Jesus didn’t say anything to them. They kept wailing and yelling, following Him; yet, He didn’t respond. Eventually, He asked them, “Believe ye that I am able to do this?” And they replied, “Yes, Lord, we believe” (Matthew 9:28).

The Bible says, “Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you” (Matthew 9:29), and walked away. You’d have thought because of their persistent crying, the Master would oblige them immediately, but no; He’s moved by your faith, not your tears.

On another occasion, a woman cried after Him until the disciples were disturbed, and said to Him, “Master, she’s crying after us; send her away” (Matthew 15:23). Jesus ignored her, until she stopped crying, and started worshipping (Matthew 15:25). It’s not about how much you cry; you have to act on the Word.

You can cry in worship and fellowship as you channel your emotions towards God; that’s okay. But crying from pain, sickness, or as a result of trouble in your job or business, hoping God would respond, won’t change anything.

The knowledge of His Word is what you need, because His will is unveiled in His Word. The more you speak in tongues, and study the Word, the more His will is unveiled to you. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity of prayer. Your will is unveiled to my spirit, through your Word, and I’m confident of your love and power at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil. ||

|| Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. ||

|| Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18 & Jeremiah 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> John 6:30-40 & 2 Kings 4

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2019
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SATURDAY 19

ENHANCE THE MINISTRY OF ANGELS IN YOUR LIFE

Pastor Chris

Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father (Galatians 4:1-2).

Oftentimes, when people read the underlined portion of the scripture above, they think it only refers to human leaders. But no; it includes angels. Angels protect and watch over you to ensure your wellbeing, and they report to the Father in heaven. However, when a Christian walks in the flesh and against the Word, angels also have the right to wield the rod of correction.

In the Gospel of Luke, the Bible describes for us the Archangel Gabriel’s visit to Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist. The angel told him he’d have a son, but Zechariah doubted him, saying, “...Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years” (Luke 1:18).

The response provoked the angel, and he smote Zechariah with dumbness until the child was born. The angel disciplined Zechariah for daring to doubt his message. Angels minister for us; they run errands for us, but they have authority to take certain actions.

This is why, as a Christian, you must be careful in your life. Refuse to be rude, proud or arrogant. Don’t disregard spiritual authority and instructions. Angels frown at such things. The Bible specifically tells us to respect authority, because of the angels. Many are facing certain challenges in their lives that wouldn’t go away; and it’s because they’re walking against God’s Word. Until and unless they make a change, there’ll be no solution.

Walk in the wisdom of God by acting on the Word. Honour and revere those the Lord has placed over you to teach and raise you up spiritually. Be quick to act on spiritual instructions. Walk in love. These will strengthen your spiritual effectiveness and enhance the ministry of angels in your life.

PRAYER
Dear Father, your Word is building me up strong, and your wisdom is evident in my daily walk, as I press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. I walk in righteousness and true holiness, and my desire is wholly to please you in all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Luke 1:11-20; Hebrews 1:7

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Timothy 1:1-20 Jeremiah 5-6

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 6:41-51 2 Kings 5

EXCERPT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 310
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.