Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250574 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:05am On Jan 23, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

TRANSLATED INTO THE KINGDOM OF HIS LOVE SON .

Thursday, January 23rd .
Pastor Chris

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:12-13).

In the above verses, the Word declares that the Father not only qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light, but also “delivered” us from the power of darkness. Then, it gets climactic where the Spirit says the Father “…hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.” How profound!

It would have been good enough if He only delivered us from the jurisdiction of darkness; but to go the extra step of transferring us into the Kingdom of His Love Son, is absolutely transcendent. But sadly, in spite of this glorious truth, some Christians, out of ignorance, still go about seeking deliverance from Satan. Like the fellow who said, “You know, demons are real; I need a powerful man of God to pray for me and deliver me”; no! There’s no true born again person that needs deliverance from Satan. Satan is a defeated foe. You weren’t delivered from the authority of darkness because you prayed hard or because somebody prayed for you; it’s the result of what Christ has done. The moment you accepted the redemptive works of Christ in your behalf, and confessed His Lordship over your life, the dominion of Satan over you was broken.

Recognize your present status, state, and estate. You’re seated together with Christ in the heavenly realms, “Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come” (Ephesians 1:21). Live from that realm of victory, dominion, peace and joy evermore, and rule your world with the authority He’s given you.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for transferring me from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of your Love Son, Jesus Christ. I live in your presence, and function with the dominion of Christ over darkness, evil powers, demons, and their works. I live the victorious, prosperous and ever-glorious life that I’ve received in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Ephesians 2:4-6 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: ||

|| 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 15:29-16:1-12 & Exodus 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 11:15-30 & Job 17

JANUARY SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Be A Partner Of Rhapsody Of Realities Today!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

YOU ARE BOUNDLESS .

Friday, January 24th .
Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth (Luke 12:15).

In Genesis 37, we read how Joseph’s brothers plotted against him and sold him into slavery. As a slave in the house of Potiphar, Joseph could have been whining and crying, bitter about what his brothers did to him. His complaints would have been valid, in a sense, but he wasn’t going to give any excuse for failure. The Bible says, “And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian” (Genesis 39:2).

If, while as a slave in the house of Potiphar, Joseph was still prosperous, then it means true prosperity isn’t about money. Therefore, your prosperity shouldn’t be dependent on how much money you have or don’t have; what others owe you or what you have in your bank account; your prosperity is in your heart. Someone says, “I would never have been in this terrible financial situation if not that someone I loaned money has refused to pay me back.” No; don’t think or talk like that. No amount of money could ever be taken from you, enough to make you broke or poor. You’re an heir of God, a joint-heir with Christ; plugged to a supply that never runs dry.

When you lend out money, if they pay you back, praise God; but the moment you give it out, rise above it. You are boundless. Jesus said in Luke 6:35, “…love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.” He’s getting your attention on something higher: God’s wealth is your wealth. You’re only a conduit—a free-flowing conduit—for passing it to others. Your flow can’t be blocked. So, in your life, with regard to your financial prosperity, focus on the Lord as your source. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

All the wealth in this world belongs to me, for I’m an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. The silver and the gold are mine, including the cattle upon a thousand hills. Therefore, I refuse to be limited by anything in this world. I’m a free-flowing conduit of God’s wealth and blessings to others, and I’m plugged to an unending supply. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Corinthians 8:9 AMPC For you are becoming progressively acquainted with and recognizing more strongly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (His kindness, His gracious generosity, His undeserved favor and spiritual blessing), [in] that though He was [so very] rich, yet for your sakes He became [so very] poor, in order that by His poverty you might become enriched (abundantly supplied). ||

|| 1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; ||

|| Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 16:13-17:1-13 & Exodus 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 12:1-10 & Job 18-19

Act Now!!! Give someone the chance for a new start and fresh hope for tomorrow. Follow this link to Donate at least One Copy: http:///2IJLrfI

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:14am On Jan 27, 2020

THE CHURCH HAS AWAKENED .

Monday, January 27th .
Pastor Chris

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit (John 3:cool.

There’s a message that’s reverberating throughout the world; it’s the prophetic word that was given many years ago about the “sleeping giant.” The world has heard that there’s a “sleeping giant” somewhere in the world, and every nation has been on the alert. They’ve discussed this at the highest levels; they’ve tried everything to assess various nations to ascertain who this giant is, but no nation fits the descriptions.

Every time something happens in any nation, the world gets in a frenzy, because they were told that the “sleeping giant” will arise from the distress of others. So, they wonder what kind of distress would awaken this “sleeping giant.” It’s a message with a strong signal; and intelligence officials at the highest levels around the world are alert and waiting for the emergence of this giant.

But you see, this ‘sleeping giant’ isn’t one of the countries in the United Nations, no; it’s the Church of Jesus Christ! Glory to God! Truly, for many years, it seemed the Church was sleeping. But it’s not so anymore; the Church has awakened. The world may not know it, but they’ll find out soon.

Our theme scripture says, “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth….” The Church is a mystery, and we’re unstoppable! The Church is the greatest nation on earth, with the power and glory to tame this world. This isn’t something to try to figure out with your brain; you can only relate with this truth with your spirit. When you look at the things happening in, with, and through the Church in different nations of the world today, you’d know that indeed, the Church is taking over, and the gates of hell can’t prevail. Glory to God!

CONFESSION

The Church is marching on, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Christians around the world are encouraged and fortified to stand strong and tall for the message of the Gospel, against every adversity and adversary, establishing the kingdom of heaven in all the nations of the world, to the glory of God, the Father! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. ||

|| 2 Samuel 3:1 Now there was long war between the house of Saul and the house of David: but David waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker. ||

|| Revelation 11:15-17 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 19:1-15 & Exodus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 13:1-12 & Job 24-25

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2020

THE WORD OF HIS GRACE .

Tuesday, January 28th .
Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Word of God is more than history or a compilation of stories; the Word of God is God talking. And what He says is relevant in the “now” of our lives, and it’s the material with which we build our lives. As you study the Scriptures, you’d often come across the phrase, “Thus saith (says) the Lord”; not, “Thus said the Lord.” “Thus says the Lord” means the Word of the Lord is for you today and for your situation—now; it’s efficacious in itself and by itself to build you and transform your life.

What we read in our theme verse was Paul’s cogitations and conviction about the transforming and translational power of God’s Word. The Word infuses boldness, excellence and dominion into your spirit. If the one who is hitherto timid would give himself to the study of God’s Word, that timidity would be replaced with the spirit of power, love and a sound mind. That’s the power of God’s Word. However, even though every Word from God is full of power, the Apostle Paul was definite as to what builds your spirit and transforms your life: it’s “the Word of God’s grace.”

The Word of His grace is His Word about Christ, His redemptive work in our behalf; who we are today, what we have and where we are today, as a result of His death, burial and resurrection. That’s what builds you spiritually, mentally, physically, financially, emotionally, and also causes you to prosper in other areas of your life. Hallelujah!

Give yourself to the study of the Word; contemplate and contrive the Word in meditation. As you do, the Holy Spirit will grant you insight into the mysteries and secrets of life and of our spiritual Kingdom. He’ll also quicken the Word in you in such a way that results in an outburst of prosperity in every area of your life.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I’m yielded to be built, edified, energized and strengthened by your Word, for a life of greatness, victory and triumphs. Through the ministry of the Word, and the Holy Spirit, my growth—spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially is evident; there’s an outburst of prosperity in every area of my life, to the praise and glory of your Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. ||

|| 1 Peter 2:2 AMPC Like newborn babies you should crave (thirst for, earnestly desire) the pure (unadulterated) spiritual milk, that by it you may be nurtured and grow unto [completed] salvation, ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 19:16-20:1-16 & Exodus 15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 13:13-25 & Job 26-27

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2020

HIS DIVINE HEADQUARTERS .

Wednesday, January 29th .
Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

The Holy Spirit is the embodiment of all power, and He lives in you in His fullness. He didn’t come in a measure to give you a part of Himself, contrary to the understanding that some people have. 1 Corinthians 3:16 says, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” Here, the Apostle Paul is emphatic: you’re the temple of God and the Spirit of God lives in you.

But who is this awesome, wonderful Holy Spirit that lives in you? He’s the conveyor of the presence and blessings of God. In the Old Testament, He’s called the “angel of God’s presence” (Isaiah 63:9). He’s the One that manifests God’s presence and His power wherever God wants it. Think about the fact that this awesome infinite personality of the Godhead lives in you! That makes you a God-carrying vessel; divinity’s headquarters! Hallelujah!

This means that in your life, it’s glory and excellence only, because Christ in you, is the hope of glory; the Holy Spirit in you means glory, excellence, strength, victory, joy, peace, prosperity and blessings in your life! Affirm this always, because the power of the Word of God works through knowledge and affirmation. Every so often, say aloud, “The Holy Spirit lives in me. He has vitalized every fibre of my being; He’s my life and everything I need to live joyfully always, and fulfil God’s plan for my life gloriously.” Hallelujah!

The Holy Spirit didn’t merely come upon you as He did on God’s people in the Old Testament, He came into you to make you the headquarters of His operations in the earth. He lives in you in all His glory, majesty, dominion, wisdom and strength. And through you, He blesses everything and everyone around you; He establishes the righteousness of God in the earth and in the hearts of men. Through you, He’s able to express His love, because you’re His extension in the earth; you hail from Him and are one with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17). Praise God for evermore!

PRAYER

Blessed Father, I thank you for the Holy Spirit who lives in me in His fullness, making me the headquarters of your operations in the earth. I’m conscious, and take advantage of your glorious presence in me, and declare that I fulfil my destiny in Christ, demonstrating the glory, wisdom and excellence of divinity, bearing fruits of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. ||

|| Colossians 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: ||

|| John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 20:17-34 & Exodus 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 13:26-41 & Job 28-29

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2020

BORN FREE—INTO GOD’S PRESENCE .

Thursday, January 30th .
Pastor Chris

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed (John 8:36 NIV).

Many don’t realize that the statement above by Jesus wasn’t to Christians; the Christian wasn’t set free or isn’t going to be set free. Set free from what or from who exactly? The Christian is a new creation; he came from the resurrection of Jesus Christ; therefore, he has the resurrection life. He was born-free, into righteousness and the presence of God. Hallelujah! 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

However, due to ignorance of the Word, some Christians still have a “deliverance mentality”—the mentality of always wanting to be set free from one bondage or the other; but the Christian doesn’t require “deliverance.” Understand this: The whole world has been saved and delivered by Jesus Christ through His vicarious death. When He died, He died for everybody. When God raised Him from the dead, He was raised for everybody. But that’s the legality of salvation.

Salvation only becomes a vital experience in the life of the one who, in accordance to Romans 10:9, proclaims the Lordship of Jesus. At that moment, he or she is born again and translated into the Kingdom of light, with the human life supplanted by the life and nature of God. That’s who the Christian is. He’s born anew without sin, without a past, into the presence of God! God literally gave birth to you, through the Word.

James 1:18 says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth….” 1 Peter 1:23 says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.” This is the reality! You’re superior to Satan and could never be in bondage to him because you have the life of the Word. Therefore, live in God’s Word and enjoy your life in Him, and be all that He’s called you to be. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the joy of being born into the liberty of the Spirit to serve you unreservedly, without any form of restrictions, limitations or fear. I boldly exercise the authority you’ve given me over Satan and all the powers of the enemy. Thank you for the life of victory you’ve given me in Christ and your glory which is manifested in me today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. ||

|| Colossians 1:12-14 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 21:1-32 & Exodus 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 13:42-52 & Job 30-31

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

FRIDAY JANUARY 31ST

THE WORD IS YOUR LIFE

PASTOR CHRIS

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

When we say the Christian is born of God, we’re actually saying he’s born of the Word; he’s the Word’s offspring. That’s what we read in our opening verse. The Apostle James stated the same truth in James 1:18, saying, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.”

Then Paul took it to a climax and calls us the epistle (Word) of Christ: “Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart” (2 Corinthians 3:3). What does this mean? It means you don’t have a life that’s separate from the Word. This is so because the Word of God is your source, and every living thing must be connected to its source to live.

Man’s body was made from the dust of the ground; so, man has to feed on cultivations from the ground to survive. Man, however, is a spirit, and the spirit of man came from God’s Spirit, and was created with the Word of God. Therefore, you must continually feed on God’s Word to truly live. The Lord Jesus said in Luke 4:4, “…It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” Acts 20:32 says, “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.”

Through the Word, you condition your life for victory every day, such that no matter the circumstances, you’re always triumphant. In Isaiah 55:11, the Lord says, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Culture and regulate your life with the Word and keep growing from glory to glory.

CONFESSION

Dear Father, I’m yielded to your Word which reflects my true nature, identity, origin and heritage in Christ. I’m the expression of the unseen Christ, the brightness of His glory. As He is, so am I in this world; and as I culture and regulate my mind with the Word, I’m transformed; I experience ever-increasing glory. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 AMPC;
[No] you yourselves are our letter of recommendation (our credentials), written in your hearts, to be known (perceived, recognized) and read by everybody.
3 - You show and make obvious that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, not written with ink but with [the] Spirit of [the] living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:18;
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 21:33-22:1-14
Exodus 20-21

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 14:1-7
Job 32-33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2020

RIGHTEOUSNESS—A GIFT OF GRACE .

Monday, February 3rd .
Pastor Chris

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

When you received Christ into your heart, eternal life was imparted into your spirit, and with it came righteousness. Righteousness is the nature of God that produces in you the rightness of God, and gives you right-standing with God. It’s God’s gift to you in Christ; a gift of grace delivered to you by Christ Jesus. John 1:17 says, “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”

Romans 5:17 says, “…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” In other words, those who take a hold of that righteousness shall reign; that is, exercise dominion in life. So, it’s your responsibility to take a hold of your righteousness in Christ by being conscious of it! Being conscious that you’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus gives you boldness and confidence to pray and expect answers. It gives you mastery over the devil, his accusations, and the circumstances of life.

This is so beautiful, because it has nothing to do with your works or “performance” before God. Your righteousness is simply the result of Christ’s vicarious suffering and triumphant resurrection. Therefore, it makes no difference how wicked or wayward you think you’ve been; it makes no difference how far you think you’ve gone away from God; all you need is to embrace His righteousness.

Accept the gift that He’s made available to you, and say, “Blessed Jesus, you’re my righteousness. I believe you died for me and that God raised you from the dead for my justification.” Hallelujah! Remember, you didn’t ask Him before He gave you His righteousness. And His righteousness can’t be improved upon, being the righteousness of the man, Christ Jesus, the only sinless one to walk the face of the earth. Thus, we’re not going to be more righteous in heaven than we already are in Him.

So, in God’s presence, we’re at liberty; no fear, no condemnation, no inferiority! We’re free to express ourselves and to be ourselves as we worship and fellowship with Him, because we have right standing with Him. All these and more are the result of His superabundant grace; the gift of His perfect righteousness. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Blessed Father, I thank you for giving me your righteousness as a gift, thus inspiring in me the consciousness of dominion—to reign and rule as a king in life. I’m held in the grip of your grace, enjoying my regal liberty through the gift of my perfect righteousness in Christ Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 5:20-21 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. ||

|| Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. ||

|| Philippians 3:7-9 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things [but] loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [but] dung, that I may win Christ, 9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 24:1-35 & Exodus 26-27

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 15:1-11 & Job 38-39

FEBRUARY SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2020

KEEP IT SIMPLE .

Tuesday, February 4th .
Pastor Chris

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking (Matthew 6:7).

Some people believe what they need when they’re in a dire situation is a powerful prayer, but what exactly is a powerful prayer? To some, it has to do with the multiplicity of words or how loud they’re able to shout when they pray. But really, what produces result isn’t the intensity of your shout or multiplicity of your words; rather, it’s your faith in the Lord and His Word—your confidence in the One to whom you pray.

This makes prayer not only exciting, but also something to keep simple. That’s the essence of the Master’s admonition in our theme verse. He said, “Don’t pray like the heathen, who erroneously think they’ll be heard for using vain repetitions.” God isn’t hard of hearing. The Bible says He already knows what you need before you ask Him (Matthew 6:cool. Therefore, learn to pray like Jesus. He prayed and acted simply. Recall the simple way He prayed at the tomb of Lazarus. The Bible says, “...And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth” (John 11:41-43).

Jesus said in Mark 11:23-24, “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” That’s it! So, make your prayers simple. Pray with faith, confident of the Father’s love for you and the guarantee of hearing that you have in His presence.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word in my heart, which comes forth from my lips in prayer, to effect changes in circumstances and situations around me. The power of the Holy Spirit is at work in me, bringing about a transformation in my life, from glory to glory, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. ||

|| Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them [to this end], that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; ||

|| James 5:15-18 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 24:36-51 & Exodus 28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 15:12-21 & Job 40-41

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2020

HE ABOLISHED DEATH .

Saturday, February 8th .
Pastor Chris

…God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling…according to his own purpose and grace…manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, WHO HATH ABOLISHED DEATH, AND HATH BROUGHT LIFE AND IMMORTALITY TO LIGHT THROUGH THE GOSPEL (2 Timothy 1:8-10).

Blessed be God! Where in the world would you ever read something like what we just read in the latter part of our theme scripture? Who would think that such a statement would ever be made on this earth? I want you to notice the tenses; it doesn’t say, “Who shall abolish death”; rather, it says, “Who hath abolished death.” When something is abolished, it means it’s eradicated, obliterated, ended, stopped, or eliminated!

Jesus put an end to death! And I don’t mean spiritual death; the concluding part of the statement shows that He’s referring to physical death, for it says, “...and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.” This is supreme! He didn’t just abolish death; He brought life and immortality in its place. What does it mean to be mortal? It means to be human; to be subject to death. But being born again, mortality has been swallowed up by immortality. Your humanity has been supplanted by the God-life; you’re now the God-man; a divine being that has passed from death to life.

You may ask, “If this is true, if Jesus has truly abolished death, why are people still dying then, including Christians?” God said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hosea 4:6). We can choose to lay down our lives. Think about Paul: the one who, by the Spirit, wrote the verses we read; he left this world knowing he was ready to go. He laid his life down, like Jesus. Paul said, “I have finished my cause; I fought a good fight; I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7). He completed his ministry and laid down his life during the great persecution.

The primary reason people die is because of the consciousness of death, and the fear of death. Don’t think death. Don’t fear death. Don’t talk death. Death is an enemy—a defeated enemy that has also been abolished! It has no power over you. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the victorious life that you’ve given me, and for bringing life and immortality to light through the Gospel. I’m a partaker of your divine nature; therefore, eternal life is at work in me. I’m immune to the destructive system of this world, and I have no fear in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? 56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. 57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. ||

|| John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? ||

|| 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 26:31-56 & Exodus 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 16:11-18 & Psalm 5-6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2020

JESUS IS “ADONAI” .

Monday, February 10th .
Pastor Chris

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men (John 1:1-4).

As you study the Bible, you’ll be enthused to discover who Jesus truly is. When He walked the earth, He looked as ordinary as everybody else, yet He was Himself God. Jesus was the God that spoke to Moses in the burning bush. He was the One that called Abraham out of Haran and said, “Walk before me, and be thou perfect; I am the Almighty God” (Genesis 17:1). He was the One that stood before Moses and said, “Take your shoes off your feet for where you are standing is holy” (Exodus 3:5).

Jesus was God in a human body, but the people didn’t know. You might then ask, “Why is He called the Son of God if He’s Himself, God?” Many ask that question because they don’t understand the true meaning of the expression, “Son of God.” “Son of God” doesn’t mean one that’s born of God; rather, it means God in a human body. Jesus is Adonai; the Lord, God.

He was the One that said to Moses, “Your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob knew me as El Shaddai, but I’m Jehovah” (Exodus 6:3). Jehovah is Yahweh. This is why the Jewish people had difficulty accepting Jesus Christ ordinarily, because everything written about Jesus in the Scriptures and the things He said of Himself, show that He is Adonai. Now you can understand why His Name has all power.

Think about it: that seemingly ordinary man of Galilee was actually God Almighty, walking the streets of Israel, but they didn’t know it, to the point they even killed Him. John says, “He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own; and his own received him not” (John 1:10-11). Who is he talking about here? Jesus, the incarnate Word! The Apostle Paul tells us that in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead, bodily (Colossians 2:9). Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for the revelation of your personality. You’re the complete embodiment of Deity! Therefore, today and always, I celebrate your divinity, your Lordship and rulership over my life. You’re the Most High God, the King of kings and Lord of lords, and you alone are worthy of all praise, worship and adoration. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. ||

|| 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. ||

|| Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. ||

|| John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 27:1-26 & Exodus 38-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 16:29-40 & Psalm 9-10

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2020

EXCEL IN THE GRACE OF GIVING .

Thursday, February 13th .
Pastor Chris

But just as you excel in everything--in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us--see that you also excel in this grace of giving (2 Corinthians 8:7 NIV).

Every Christian is supposed to be passionate about God’s work, and put their resources into the push and spread of the Gospel around the world. But there’re usually those who are more passionate than others. They’re the ones Paul referred to in our theme scripture: they excel in the grace of giving.

Giving is a grace; it’s one of the spiritual gifts in the Bible. What makes it spiritual is that it’s God who gives the ability. Romans 12:6-8 says, “Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith…he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity….” Remember, He already said that upon receiving the Holy Spirit, we would all prophesy: “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy…” (Acts 2:17). However, the Word also says, “…to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom” (1 Corinthians 12:cool, even though the Holy Ghost enables everyone to prophesy and to see visions.

In the same way, everyone is enabled to give, but the grace of giving is also a gift. And the Bible says, “…earnestly covet the best gifts...” (1 Corinthians 12:31). So, it’s okay to covet and desire to excel in the grace of giving. In every gift of God, you get better by practice. So, practise giving your best; it comes with its myriads of blessings and promotions of the Spirit. Praise God!

PRAYER

Precious Father, I thank you for the understanding of your Word granted me even now; thank you for making all grace—every favour and earthly blessing—come to me in abundance, so that I may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need, be self-sufficient, possessing enough to require no aid or support, furnished in abundance, for every good work, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Romans 12:6-8 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry, [let us wait] on [our] ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, [let him do it] with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. ||

|| Luke 8:1-3 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve [were] with him, 2 And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, 3 And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 8:9-10 AMPC For you are becoming progressively acquainted with and recognizing more strongly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (His kindness, His gracious generosity, His undeserved favor and spiritual blessing), [in] that though He was [so very] rich, yet for your sakes He became [so very] poor, in order that by His poverty you might become enriched (abundantly supplied). 10 [It is then] my counsel and my opinion in this matter that I give [you when I say]: It is profitable and fitting for you [now to complete the enterprise] which more than a year ago you not only began, but were the first to wish to do anything [about contributions for the relief of the saints at Jerusalem]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 28 & Leviticus 4-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 17:22-34 & Psalm 17-18

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2020

GOD’S POWER IS DIRECTIONAL .

Friday, February 14th .
Pastor Chris

But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea (Exodus 14:16).

Once, while still a young secondary school student, I was ministering at another school to some 500 young people. Standing in front of them, I said, “How many of you want to receive the Holy Spirit?” Everybody’s hand went up. So, I said, “Alright, in the Name of Jesus, receive the Holy Spirit!” I waited, but nothing happened. I prayed again and I waited; yet, nothing happened. At this time, I needed to know from the Lord, what exactly I was supposed to do. So, I asked everyone to talk to the Lord in prayer, and while they were at it, I too was consulting with the Lord.

I said, “Lord, I just prayed that they receive the Holy Spirit, and nothing has happened. What am I supposed to do?” Then, very quickly, He said to me, “Pray again, and touch the person closest to you”; and I said, “Thank you, Lord!” Then I calmed the congregation, and said, “Receive the Holy Ghost!” and went ahead to touch the person closest to me. Straightaway, the entire hall of young people went under the power, and were filled with the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues everywhere!

Here’s the lesson from that experience: God’s power is directional. As read in our theme verse, God said to Moses, “…stretch out thine hand over the sea….” Why? It’s because the power of God can be directed. Also, when Peter and John ministered to the man at the gate of the temple called Beautiful, the Bible says Peter set his gaze on the man (Acts 3:4); he directed the power of God at him, and a miracle ensued.

Whenever you’re required to stretch your hands in a certain direction or God’s people stretch their hands towards you in prayer, never take it lightly. There’s something about our hands. When we stretch our hands towards nations, cities, people or even situations and circumstances, there’s a profuse effusion of divine power, emitting from us like missiles. If it’s towards an individual, there’s an impartation of special grace, healing or whatever blessing we’re imparting at the time. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your power that’s working tremendously in and through me. I pray for your children around the world who are in distress and pain, that they’re relieved by the power of your Spirit. Your power is transmitted to them even now, to strengthen their faith for the miraculous, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Exodus 7:19 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and [that] there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in [vessels of] wood, and in [vessels of] stone. ||

|| Acts 3:3-6 CEV The man saw Peter and John entering the temple, and he asked them for money. 4 But they looked straight at him and said, "Look up at us!" 5 The man stared at them and thought he was going to get something. 6 But Peter said, "I don't have any silver or gold! But I will give you what I do have. In the name of Jesus Christ from Nazareth, get up and start walking." ||

|| Exodus 17:10-13 So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11 And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. 12 But Moses' hands [were] heavy; and they took a stone, and put [it] under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. 13 And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 1:1-20 & Leviticus 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 18:1-11 & Psalm 19-20

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:06am On Feb 17, 2020

HIS WORD NEVER FAILS .

Monday, February 17th .
Pastor Chris

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 24:35).

Sometimes, there’re those who are working for the Lord, giving their time, expending energy, and resources, and then they think it’s not yielding any result in their lives. They look at their lives and think they’re not making commensurate progress. Never allow such thoughts arise in your heart. The results of your labour of love in the Gospel may not be immediately obvious to you, but others are surely being impacted by it.

Think about it: many prophets of old, for example, didn’t see the result of their own prophecies. But we’re today enjoying some of the prophecies they gave. In their day, there must have been those who thought their prophecies were false, because some of the prophets lived and died, and their prophecies weren’t fulfilled in their day. But the truth is, in many cases, some of those prophets weren’t speaking of their days.

For instance, Joel said, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy…” (Acts 2:17). Those alive in his day didn’t know what the last days were. They may have considered Joel’s prophecy as false. But at the appointed time, that prophecy was fulfilled. The Bible says in Acts 2:1-4 that the apostles were all sitting in one place, in one accord; then suddenly, there was a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind and it filled all the house where they were sitting and cloven tongues like fire sat on each of them and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost. Glory to God!

It took many years for the prophecy to come to pass, and the Spirit alerted Peter, who confirmed it, saying, “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel” (Acts 2:16). Hallelujah! Never think your service in the Lord and in the Gospel is worthless, just because you think His Word to you hasn’t come to pass. Don’t be distracted; the results are there. Even the ones you’re yet to see will still happen. It doesn’t matter what anybody says or what circumstances show; remain focused and fervent, serving the Lord. Keep your gaze on Him. His Word is true and never fails.

PRAYER

Forever, O Lord, your Word is settled in heaven; from everlasting to everlasting, you’re God! Heaven and earth shall pass away, but your Word never fails. Therefore, I embrace the glorious truths you’ve spoken concerning me, and I appropriate and walk in the reality of my blessings in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Isaiah 55:10-11 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it. ||

|| Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 2:23-3:1-12 & Leviticus 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 19:8-20 & Psalm 25-26

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2020

RECEIVE .

Tuesday, February 18th .
Pastor Chris

…much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

Once, I was about to minister to someone who’s been sick and confined to a wheelchair for years. I asked him, “Will you be healed today?” He said, “Yes, of course.” Then I said, “What will happen when I pray for you now?” He said, “I’ll walk and I’ll run.” So, I placed my hands on him and said, “You’re healed.” Immediately, he jumped out of the wheelchair, staggered a little and was perfect. Hallelujah!

Now, when I said to him, “You’re healed,” he didn’t wait for anything more; he received instantly. That was his role: to receive. Giving is one thing, but receiving is another. Many don’t seem to know how to receive. Receiving is by faith; it’s with your spirit, and it’s not something you do passively. The Greek word is “lambano,” and it means to take active possession; to reach out, take a hold of something and make it yours.

In Acts 3:6, Peter addressed a man who was crippled from birth and said, “...silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.” In verse 7, we read that Peter took the crippled man by the hand and yanked him up. The Bible says, “…immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked…” (Acts 3:7-cool. The man could have said to Peter, “Please don’t pull me up, my legs are too feeble to carry me”; no! He received. Hallelujah!

We’ve been given all things that pertain to life and godliness; all spiritual blessings that exist in Christ Jesus. Receive. If there’s no receiving from your end, it amounts to nothing. Your response to God and His Word is the proof that you’ve received. And that is what faith is: the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. The change you desire in your life, finances, health and family have already taken place; receive and act accordingly.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the blessings I receive from acting my faith on your Word. As I speak in accordance with your Word and walk in its light, I’m led forth with peace, maintaining my victory and dominion in Christ. I’m making progress by the Word today, confident in its ability to put me over and cause me to excel in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Mark 7:7-8 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, [as] the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. ||

|| Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]. ||

|| James 1:22-25 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 3:13-35 & Leviticus 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 19:21-29 & Psalm 27-28

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:23am On Feb 19, 2020

SEE AT A HIGHER PLANE .

Wednesday, February 19th .
Pastor Chris

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).

Man is primarily a spirit being; and the spirit has its inner senses. But for most people, their inner senses are untrained. So, you find that most are only used to what they can see and perceive in this earth-realm, because they’ve only been trained to describe things with their natural senses. How limiting that is!

Don’t live your life to the limits of your natural senses. God tells us in His Word that there’s more than the human senses can comprehend. He said, “...I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions…” (Acts 2:17). When He said the young men shall see visions, He was talking about the ability to see beyond the ordinary; the ability to see with, and from your spirit; your inner senses. That’s why they’re called visions, because what you see at that realm, the natural man calls invisible.

Take young David’s encounter with Goliath for example. He was so sure he could take down Goliath, even though others were afraid of him. Why? He saw differently. He saw through the Word that the man, Goliath, standing in front of him couldn’t in any way defeat the armies of Israel. So, he said, “…who is this uncircumcised Philistine…” (1 Samuel 17:26). He saw what others couldn’t see, and that’s what we read in our theme verse: we don’t look at the things which are obvious to the natural eyes, for such things have no foundation.

Stop looking at how much you have in the bank. Stop looking at the situation you’re in or what people are saying about you. See the invisible! Train yourself to see beyond this world, beyond the walls and the barriers. See through the Word. See by the Spirit, at a higher level. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

The eyes of my understanding are flooded with light, causing me to see the invisible, and energizing me for the impossible. My mind is anointed to see what the ordinary eyes can’t see. I see glory, victory and prosperity. I see beyond the walls and barriers. Praise God!

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal. ||

|| Joshua 6:1-2 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in. 2 And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, [and] the mighty men of valour. ||

|| Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 4:1-20 & Leviticus 15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 19:30-41 & Psalm 29-30

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:27am On Feb 20, 2020
[6:56 PM, 2/19/2020] Bolanle Otunla: RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL (DOWNLOAD THE NEW RHAPSODY APP => https:///2Z9P6P0)

IF YOU DON’T SAY IT, IT’LL NOT HAPPEN .

Thursday, February 20th .
Pastor Chris

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89).

Joshua 1:8 reveals the power of the spoken Word. It says, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth….” This is God’s recipe for success: success in every area of your life—job, finances, health, family, academics, etc.—is in your mouth. Jesus said in Mark 11:23, “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain…and…shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” He placed the premium on words.

With the mouth, you catapult yourself into that thing that you’ve believed. The Bible says the Word of God is living and active (Hebrews 4:12 NIV), but not on the pages of your Bible. The Word is living and active on the lips of a believing Christian! Imagine the victory of David over Goliath: it happened because of the words David spoke. He had known from the Word given to Israel that it was impossible for them to be defeated, because anyone at war with Israel would have their chief ally—God Almighty—to contend with.

However, David understood that having the knowledge wasn’t enough; so, he followed it with proclamations. He said to Goliath, “This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel” (1 Samuel 17:46). David was talking! He said again and again what would happen to Goliath, and it happened exactly as he had said!

That’s the power of the spoken word. If you don’t say it, it won’t happen. God needs your words to act upon, because you represent Him in the earth. His Word is forever settled in heaven; however, it’s your responsibility to settle it in your life and in the earth through your faith-filled affirmations. Praise God!

CONFESSION

The Word of God is in my heart and on my lips, producing results. I walk in peace, prosperity, divine health, protection, progress, supernatural success and blessings today and evermore. I’m an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. The world belongs to me! Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY: || Proverbs 6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. ||

|| Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

|| Romans 10:8-10 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 4:21-41 & Leviticus 16-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 20:1-12 & Psalm 31-32

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2020

STAND UP AND STAND STRONG .

Sunday, February 23rd .
Pastor Chris

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest (Ezekiel 37:3).

In your journey of faith, there could be times of difficulties, when you face serious challenges. But at such times, don’t loathe yourself or gripe that you’re going through such tough times; refuse to be discouraged. Don’t make the mistake of running helter-skelter, seeking help from man, no; talk your way out of it.

This was what the Lord told Ezekiel to do in the valley of dry bones (Ezekiel 37:4). Ezekiel found himself in a valley full of dry bones and the Lord asked him, “Can these bones live?” That was an impossible situation, but God told Ezekiel to “prophesy to the bones.” As he prophesied, a great miracle took place: “…there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone” (Ezekiel 37:7).

If you’ve found yourself in a situation where everything around you seems “dry,” there can be a change; and you’re the one to effect that change with your words. Remember, words are “things,” they have energy and spiritual tangibility. What you say, becomes.

Therefore, the challenges you face are your opportunities to demonstrate your faith in the Lord, and prove His Word. Rather than being overwhelmed in the hour of crisis, declare your health, success, prosperity, and victory in Christ Jesus. The Word in your mouth is a creative force; it’ll bring forth miracles. God’s Word created everything, and as such can create anything. Use faith-filled words to frame your world, and programme your spirit for success and victory.

CONFESSION

I flourish like the palm tree; I’m fruitful and productive. I grow like a cedar in Lebanon; majestic, stable, durable and incorruptible. I’m bearing fruits unto righteousness, established on the path of success and glory forevermore, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Job 11:15-18 For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear: 16 Because thou shalt forget [thy] misery, [and] remember [it] as waters [that] pass away: 17 And [thine] age shall be clearer than the noonday; thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning. 18 And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig [about thee, and] thou shalt take thy rest in safety. ||

|| Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 6:1-29 & Leviticus 24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 21:1-9 & Psalm 37

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Feb 24, 2020

THE RESURRECTION GAVE US NEWNESS OF LIFE .

Monday, February 24th .
Pastor Chris

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).

If Christianity were all about salvation from sin, there wouldn’t have been the need for Jesus to rise from the dead. His death on the Cross would have been enough; it paid for all our sins and guaranteed complete propitiation. However, that’s redemption, and not Christianity!

Redemption refers to saving someone by paying a price. When Jesus died, He paid the price for man’s redemption with His own life; He did that for all humanity; not for Christians. The Christian isn’t the man that Christ died for. Look at it this way: when Jesus hung on the Cross, in the mind of God, we were all hanging there too (in Him), for He was our representative. When He cried out, “It is finished,” and gave up the ghost, we also died in Him.

Now, here’s the big thing, which Satan didn’t see coming and the angels still marvel at and seek to look into: Christianity is based on the resurrection of Jesus, and not on His death. The resurrection of Jesus Christ gave us something far beyond redemption; it ushered us into a newness of life. We’ve been raised up together with Christ (Ephesians 2:6).

Romans 10:9 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, thou shalt be saved.” It lets us know that salvation comes by believing in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the subsequent confession of His Lordship. A Christian is one who identifies with the resurrected Christ. The Christian has no past, for the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature...”; meaning that he is a new species, one that never existed before.

No wonder James declares that “Of his (God’s) own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures” (James 1:18). Being born again, therefore, you’re not the “redeemed”; you’re the fruit of the redemptive work of Christ. Redemption was consummated with His death, but Christianity came from the resurrection. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for making me one with Christ. I’m a new creation and I walk in the newness of life, conscious that I’ve been raised together with Christ, and made to sit together with Him in the place of victory, authority and dominion forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. ||

|| Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. ||

|| Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 6:30-56 & Leviticus 25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 21:10-17 & Psalm 38-39

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:03am On Feb 25, 2020

IN CHRIST WE HAVE NO NEEDS .

Tuesday, February 25th .
Pastor Chris

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

Like the Lord Jesus, the Apostle Paul had no consciousness of lack. He understood the message of the Gospel that as new creations in Christ, we’re heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. We’re not in lack or want. Why then did Paul pray, saying, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus?” He was addressing the spiritually immature.

Paul didn’t include himself in the prayer. He didn’t say, “My God shall supply all our needs.” When you’ve come of age, you’ll realize that in Christ, we don’t have any unmet needs. Matthew 6:33 says, “…seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” When you seek the Kingdom of God first, every good thing you could ever wish for is added—“annexed” with it—without having to ask. You won’t need to pursue the things that the Gentiles seek: fame, money, recognition, acceptance, etc.; they’re packaged in the Kingdom that you’ve inherited.

Remember the words of Jesus; He said in Luke 12:32, “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” and He’s done it. He said in Luke 17:21, “...the Kingdom of God is within you.” If you have the Kingdom, then you have everything. No wonder Peter exclaimed in 2 Peter 1:3, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” Blessed be God! Paul’s climactic submission on the subject is equally so surreal; he said in 1 Corinthians 3:21, “...all things are yours!”

In your life, never look at what you may consider a need; rather, see what God already lavishly made available to you in Christ. You possess all things, being a joint-heir with Christ. Christ owns the whole world, and you’re one with Him; called into partnership with Him (1 Corinthians 1:9). Since this is true, what in the world could you ever be in need of? Nothing! Affirm God’s Word in your life. He has said all things are yours; declare the same, and live accordingly. Praise God!

CONFESSION

I’m an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ; all things are mine. I’m in my place of divine inheritance in Christ, and it’s a large place—a place of wealth—where I lack nothing. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY: || Psalm 34:10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good [thing]. ||

|| 1 Corinthians 3:21-22 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 7:1-23 & Leviticus 26-27

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 21:18-26 & Psalm 40-41

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Feb 26, 2020

DON’T FRET OVER YOUR GOALS AND DREAMS .

Wednesday, February 26th .
Pastor Chris

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not (Galatians 6:9).

Some people get troubled, almost to the point of despondency when it seems they haven’t been able to achieve their goals for success within a given time frame. Don’t be that way! When you get under pressure because of what you want to accomplish within a certain time, you become a slave to time. Use and invest your time wisely, but don’t be a slave to time.

Moses had this in mind when he prayed to the Lord to “...teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom” (Psalm 90:12). Each day you live is an opportunity to accomplish so much, so schedule your day properly. Live your best every day. Do what you must do in pursuit of your God-given purpose, and trust the power of God’s Spirit to put you over. But while at it, be conscious that you live in eternity—God’s realm of life where time is an interruption.

Furthermore, success is relative; in other words, it’s measured at different stages. So, don’t become miserable just because you haven’t seen all the results you want. Review where you are at the moment and make the necessary adjustments; imbibe the required learnings and forge ahead.

Success is also by grace; therefore, be more conscious of the grace-advantage; God’s divine ability to cause you to excel beyond your dreams. Psalm 37:4-5 says, “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”

Nothing is too difficult for, or impossible with, the Lord (Jeremiah 32:27). Therefore, trust Him; He’s a restorer of time and of wasted years (Joel 2:25). Trust His ability to make you all He desires for you to be. He’s more passionate about your success than you could ever be. He can do for you or cause you to achieve in a second, what naturally should have taken you five or ten years to achieve. Therefore, stand firm on His Word and refuse to gripe or panic about your goals and dreams.

CONFESSION

The Lord makes all things beautiful in His time and has perfected all that concerns me. I enjoy my days in prosperity and abundance as I fulfil my destiny in Christ. My path is as the shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || Joel 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. ||

|| Matthew 6:31-32 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. ||

|| Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 7:24-8:1-13 & Numbers 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 21:27-39 & Psalm 42-43

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:57am On Feb 27, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL
MAINTAIN YOUR COMPOSURE AND CONFESSION .
Thursday, February 27th .
Pastor Chris

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).

God loves you and cares about you. He always wants to see you win and live happy every day. Jesus said, “...In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Never allow circumstances frustrate you; train your faith. Regardless of what you face, tell yourself, “All things are working together for my good” (Romans 8:28).

2 Timothy 3:12 says, “Doubtless, all that’ll live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution”; it’s part of the deal. But the beautiful part is that you’ll always win, because you’ve been called into the triumphant life. Things might not exactly be going as you’ve expected, but maintain your composure and confession of the Word. Don’t accept defeat. Don’t give in to sickness or anything that hurts. Don’t say, “I’ve been infected,” just because you noticed some symptoms in your body. You belong to the “new creation” breed.

Symptoms or the doctor’s diagnosis shouldn’t change your confession. Keep the Word in your mouth. How you feel or the figures in your bank statement don’t change who you are. The things you see with your physical eyes are temporary; that means they’re subject to change. Therefore, set your faith on course. Your faith is the victory that overcomes the world (1 John 5:4).

Every adversity you face is your opportunity to experience and manifest the glory of God: “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (2 Corinthians 4:17). No matter what you go through in life, it’ll turn out for your good, as long as you turn your eyes away from the conditions or circumstances, to the Word. Hebrews 12:2 says, “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith….”

CONFESSION
Blessed be God, who gives me the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ, and has made me more than a conqueror. I live triumphantly today and always, fulfilling God’s dream and bringing glory to His Name. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || James 2:17-22 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? ||

|| 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 AMPC For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!], 18 Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 8:14-26 & Numbers 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 21:40-22:1-10 & Psalm 44-45.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2020

LEAD OTHERS TO SALVATION .

Friday, February 28th .
Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

We’ve received the mandate to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth; it’s a calling for all who are in Christ, and it’s something you’re to do with courage, conviction and faith. Only the Gospel can catapult the sinner into salvation and righteousness. It’s only through the preaching of the Gospel that the righteousness of God can be unveiled and embraced.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only message that when received, makes sinners sons of God in a moment of time. Therefore, be ever so passionate about leading others to salvation. The Bible says those that turn many to righteousness shall shine as stars forever (Daniel 12:3). Light up your world with the Gospel. Let it be what you live for.

2 Corinthians 5:15 says, “And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.” If you truly believe that Jesus died to save you, then you must continually live for His glory and lead others to salvation. We’re in the last days, and the time is short. This isn’t a matter of convenience. There may be peculiar times, occasions, and places where you may need to be tactful in preaching the Gospel, but your focus must always be to lead people everywhere into salvation in Jesus Christ.

We’re His co-labourers and partners, working together with Him to reach the lost and bring salvation in Christ to every man. In your sphere of contact, be a burning and a shining light. Devote your life to reaching others with the Gospel. Keep influencing and impacting your world positively through the power of God that works in you. He’s counting on you for the salvation of many in your world. Therefore, be faithful in leading others to Christ and bringing them to church.

CONFESSION

My life is for the glory of God. Everything I am, everything I do, and everything I have is pledged for the expansion of God’s Kingdom and His righteousness. Thus, the blessings of God are manifest in my life, and His glory revealed in increasing measure as I lead men and women to righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! ||

|| 2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. ||

|| 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 8:27-38 & Numbers 5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 22:11-21 & Psalm 46-47

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2020

IT’S UP TO YOU .

Sunday, March 1st .
Pastor Chris

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof (Proverbs 18:21).

You have far more influence on your destiny than you may realise. Whether you live or die, succeed or fail, are rich or poor, weak or strong, great or small; it’s a lot more dependent on you than on God. If you were waiting on God to do anything about your life, you might have been waiting in vain, because He already did all that’s required for you to have the best life.

The Bible says the works were finished from the foundation of the world (Hebrews 4:3 NKJV). All you have to do now is ENJOY everything that the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ provided for you. 2 Peter 1:3 says, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness....” You’ve been given everything you require to live triumphantly, happily and fulfilled in life. But your response is the key.

Every time you speak, you shape your life and future to either align with God’s divine provisions and destiny for you or to be at variance with it. Where you are today–your current state and estate–are the result of what you said yesterday. Thus, the next five or ten years will produce for you the harvest of your current words. Words are powerful and important; they create or destroy. You determine how you want your life to be, in line or at variance with the Word.

When you face challenges, keep your confidence in the Lord and get radical with your affirmation of the Word. As you speak, the Spirit will cause things to happen in line with your words; He needs your words. Every now and then, declare, “I’m healthy and strong, because I have the life of God in me!” Don’t wait for symptoms to show up in your body to make such declarations. Talk that way now, and it'll keep sickness away from you. It's up to you to create your triumphant life and blessed future with the word of God on your lips.

CONFESSION

The Word of God is my life and sustenance, and has made me fruitful in every good work. I live in divine health, supernatural abundance, and in continual victory and prosperity. The light of God’s Word illuminates my path, and all things are working together for my good, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ||

|| 2 Peter 1:3-4 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 9:14-32 & Numbers 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 23:1-10 & Psalm 50-51

MARCH SPECIAL GIFT �=> https:///2HHaRNN

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2020

FOCUS ON CHRIST .

Tuesday, March 3rd .
Pastor Chris

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me (Psalm 138:7).

The Lord Jesus is the Sun of Righteousness, when you focus on Him, you’ll not see the debilitating and crippling influences around you. Too many people focus attention on challenges and problems; they keep thinking about the troubles and hardships in the world when they ought to focus on Christ. Christ is your all. Christ is your life. Christ is the solution to every problem. Hallelujah!

What this means therefore, is that if you’re in Christ, that is, if you’re born again, you have nothing to fear; you need not worry about problems, tests, trials and adversities. That’s because in Christ you’re a victor. The Bible says, count it all joy when you go through diverse tests (James 1:2). Colossians 1:27 says, “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” What does this mean? It doesn’t mean that you should hope for glory because Christ is in you; rather, it means you have a guaranty, a certainty that everything in life will produce glory for you, because Christ is in you.

Christ in you is your assurance or certainty that divine health is yours. Christ in you, is your confidence that you’ll never be defeated, broke or despondent in life. Christ in you is your assurance that your life will forever be excellent and full of glory. This is the reason you have to be Christ-conscious at all times. Focus on Christ. Romans 8:10 says, “And if Christ is in you, though your body be dead because of sin, the Spirit gives it life because of righteousness.”

It doesn’t matter what happens or has happened to your body, Christ is the answer! Christ in you makes you excellent and sound. Meditate on Christ. Think about who He is to you, who you are in Him and His ministry in you today. 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” His presence in you makes you an overcomer and more than a conqueror. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, you’re everything to me; knowing you more and serving you is all that matters to me. It makes no difference what problems, tests, trials, and adversities may come my way, I’m unruffled, knowing that in Christ I’ll never be defeated, broke or despondent, in Jesus Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Isaiah 50:7 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. ||

|| Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 10:1-31 & Numbers 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 23:22-35 & Psalm 55

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:02am On Mar 05, 2020

A SACRED TRUST .

Wednesday, March 4th .
Pastor Chris

According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust (1 Timothy 1:11).

The Apostle Paul took personal responsibility for the Gospel. His words in our theme verse show, that to him, the Gospel was a sacred trust. In 1 Corinthians 9:16, he said, “…necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” Again, in 1 Timothy 1:12, he declared, “…I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry.”

Your conviction about the Gospel must be absolute. Think about it: the salvation of lost souls is God’s number one passion; it’s all that heaven stands for. Yet, God committed such a great commission and responsibility to you and me. This is something to be hallowed; too sacrosanct to take likely.

In Mark 16:15, Jesus said, “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature”; this is the Great Commission. The question is, “Can God trust you to fulfil it?” Are you about His business, or you’re still busy pursuing your own dreams? Let the Gospel, and its spread around the world, mean more to you than anything else in this world. Be committed to it, irrespective of the oppositions you might face.

Take a cue from Paul; even when the Holy Spirit expressly testified that he’d suffer severe afflictions and be imprisoned if he went to preach in Jerusalem (Acts 20:22-23), he was undaunted. His response was: “…none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24). Talk about burning your bridges? That’s it!

Be an activist for the Gospel. None of the adversities you face can defeat you if you stand your ground and refuse to quit. Remember that God counted you faithful and committed the Gospel to your trust; He believes in you. So, be an effective witness of the Lord Jesus Christ, and do it passionately with joy. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, your Word and the Holy Spirit infuse me with boldness and courage to preach the Gospel, and I do it joyfully as an effective witness of Jesus Christ. Thank you for the unparalleled fulfilment that I experience as I win souls and lead many to righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. ||

|| Acts 20:20-27 [And] how I kept back nothing that was profitable [unto you], but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, 21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. 24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. 25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I [am] pure from the blood of all [men]. 27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 10:32-52 & Numbers 14-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 24:1-9 & Psalm 56

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:04am On Mar 05, 2020

||� PRAYING ALWAYS IN THE SPIRIT |�|

*|| Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and
supplication for all saints (Ephesians 6:18). ||*

Thursday, 5th March.
Pastor Chris

Sometimes, there’re those who wonder what the Spirit meant when He said through the Apostle Paul, “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.” But it’s very clear. Another translation says, “...With every kind of prayer.” He’s saying to you, “I want you to pray with the spirit in every kind of prayer.” In other words, there’re different kinds of prayer. Now, whether it’s a prayer of faith, a prayer of thanksgiving, a prayer of intercession, a prayer of agreement, the prayer of dedication or consecration or prophetic prayer, you’re to add to it, praying in the spirit.

Praying in the spirit is one kind of prayer, but he’s telling us that with all the different kinds of prayer, we should pray in the spirit. Don’t say, “I’m not praying in the spirit today, because I’m praying a prayer of intercession.” We can’t leave out the spirit when it comes to prayers; we must pray in other tongues. That’s what praying in the spirit is; it means that the prayer is coming from the inspiration of your spirit, uttered in other tongues.

For instance, when you want to pray the prayer of faith, you may start by speaking in tongues, before going ahead to release those declarations of faith. It’s like saying to you, “With every food, take water”; meaning whether you’re eating a protein meal or vegetables, irrespective
of the type of food, drink water along with it. The Apostle Paul, while communicating this truth to the Corinthian Church, said, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is
unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also" (1 Corinthians 14:14-15).

Take this seriously. Pray always in the spirit, and your life will be so upgraded to enjoy ever-increasing glory. You’ll be vibrant and exuberant with praise at all times; more effective in your Christian walk, and circumstances will be under your feet. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity and privilege of prayer! Thank you for enlightening me to pray effectively in the spirit. I’m inspired and energized to make tremendous power available through prayer, building myself on my most holy faith, resulting in a life of absolute dominion in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
|| Ephesians 6:18 AMPC || Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people).

|| Jude 1:20 || But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

|| 1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
Mark 11:1-26
Numbers 16-17

|| 2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
Acts 24:10-21
Psalm 57-58

|| Thank You For Studying And Sharing With Other People. God Bless You ||
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2020

||� AN IMPORTANT FACTOR FOR SUCCESS |�|

|| Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold (Proverbs 8:10). ||

Friday, 6th March.
Pastor Chris

Spiritual instructions may come to you in the most unexpected or unusual way, but be quick to carry them out. Proverbs 4:13 says, “Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.” Sometimes, what you need for your next level isn’t so much a “big idea,” as it is heeding a simple instruction.

Consider the Lord’s instructions to Joshua for instance. He was instructed to take over and subdue Jericho (Joshua 6:2-5). From the human standpoint, that was an impossible venture, because Jericho was one of the most fortified cities at the time. But Joshua followed the Lord’s instructions and the result was victory for the children of Israel.

Some people would give anything for secondary factors such as money, human connections and uncertain philosophies in their attempt at success. But they ignore the surest measure for guaranteed progress in life: following God’s Word—doing things God’s way. His instructions convey His wisdom, which if followed would lead to success, victory, excellence and glory.

Realise that in life, your victories are, and would be, entirely dependent on divine strategies given to you by God through the Spirit and His Word. Therefore, consciously practise fellowship with the Holy Spirit and the Word. That’s where you receive His instructions and guidance that put you over circumstances and the adversities of life.

Every instruction of the Spirit is entrenched in the infallible principles of God’s Word. Such instructions may not be spectacular, but they always produce the supernatural. Therefore, always act on the
instructions of the Spirit in divine wisdom. When you do, it’ll make no difference the “wall” you’re faced with in your life; it could be the wall of sickness or financial trouble, but they’ll crumble before you. Glory to God!

PRAYER
The Word of God is my life, and His instructions are the meditations of my heart and the force that propel my actions. I’m making supernatural progress as I take heed to God’s Word and do what it says, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
|| Proverbs 13:18 || Poverty and shame [shall be to] him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.

|| 2 Timothy 3:16 || All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

|| Joshua 1:8 AMPC || This book of the law should not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.

|| 1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
Mark 11:27, 12:1-17
Numbers 18-19

|| 2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN ||
Acts 24:22-27
Psalm 59-60

|| Thank You For Studying And Sharing With Other People. God Bless You ||
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:06am On Mar 08, 2020
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
SUNDAY 8
WORDS ARE THE GREATEST ASSETS
Pastor Chris

Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips (Hosea 14:2).

Words are the greatest assets in the world, far more valuable than gold and diamonds. There’s nothing else that could change your life and situation, and give you permanent victory in life, more than words—the right words. Anyone who understands and functions in this truth is made for life. Study the Bible: all the great characters we read about and admire were made with words.

What created or gave rise to a David? Words! What helped David defeat Goliath? You may say, “Five smooth stones,” no; it was words. When he picked the stones, he relied on words; study the account in 1 Samuel 17. He was sure of defeating Goliath because he put his faith on words.

Words are things; they’re latent with spiritual energy. The whole world was created with words. And who is Jesus Himself? The Word! (John 1:1). Jesus is the result of words spoken by God. In the Scriptures, Moses was described as a man mighty in words; so was Jesus likewise described.

Invest your life in words. Much more than you’d look for gold and want to test the quality to be sure it’s the right one, go for words. Fill your heart, your mind and your life with the right quality of words. Don’t store every kind of words in you, for words kill and words make alive. Colossians 3:16 tells you the kind of words to store up in you. It says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly...” ; keep them (God’s words) in the midst of your heart (Proverbs 4:21).

Never be too busy to study the Bible to learn and store up God’s Word in you. It’s what you’d need in the day of adversity, and for an extraordinary life of success. Our opening verse says, “Take with you words”; you can’t take with you what isn’t in you. So, keep investing in the greatest asset: words! When you face crisis, don’t cry. Don’t panic. Speak words. Jesus said you shall have what you say (Mark 11:23); so, speak and effect a change. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
My heart is a fertile receptacle for God’s Word, which produces results in me, bringing about undeniable victories and transformations. My life is modelled in line with God’s thoughts, precepts, direction and destiny that He’s created for me. My life is excellent and full of glory, in Jesus’ Name. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY
Proverbs 18:21; Ecclesiastes 8:4; Matthew 12:37

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mark 13:1-37 ; Numbers 22-23

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Acts 25:13-27 ; Psalm 65-66
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:27am On Mar 09, 2020
SANCTIFIED CONVEYOR OF BLESSINGS .
Monday, March 9th .
Pastor Chris

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing (Genesis 12:2).

As a Christian, you must have the consciousness of a blessed person. Affirm always that you’re blessed and highly favoured everywhere, at all times and in every situation. When you have this consciousness, even if you applied for something or went somewhere and were rejected, you’ll be unperturbed. That’s because you know who you are, and those who rejected you don’t. If they knew you, they wouldn’t reject you.

Imagine Jesus at the well of Samaria: when He asked the woman for water, she refused. She said, “You’re not supposed to be asking me for water because you’re a Jew, and I’m Samaritan” (John 4:9). She rejected Jesus! Why? She didn’t know she was addressing the messiah; but, the Master wasn’t offended. He simply said to her, “If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water” (John 4:10).

Jesus knew who He was; so, He wasn’t moved by that rejection. A child of God can be rejected, if his true nature in Christ is unknown. He too may not even know himself. But when you discover that you’re an heir of God, a sanctified conveyor of divine verities, things will change. You’ll go everywhere with boldness, and if they turn you down anywhere, it’ll mean nothing to you. You’ll only say, “If only they knew me!”

God said to Abraham, “I’ll bless you and make you a blessing.” You’re the seed of Abraham; that means because of your presence in any place, such places are blessed. The divine influence comes upon the places you go and the people with whom you interact. There’s something that follows you; it’s called, “the blessing”; grace! When you walk into a building, salvation comes into that house! Blessings begin to manifest. Blessed be God!

That you were denied a job offer or business contract doesn’t make you a loser; far from it! Your work or business is an opportunity for you to bless your world; your door to the world, to express yourself and the perfections that God has put within your system. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m a divine package of blessings; I dispense eternal verities to my world! I’m fruitful and productive in every good work, producing fruits of righteousness, ministering salvation and positively impacting my world with the perfections of the Spirit. I know who I am! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Peter 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: ||

|| Ephesians 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ: ||

|| Genesis 12:2-3 AMPC And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others]. 3 And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and [a]curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves]. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 14:1-26 & Numbers 24-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 26:1-11 & Psalm 67-68.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2020

FRAME YOUR "AION" .

Wednesday, March 11th .
Pastor Chris

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God… (Hebrews 11:3).

The Greek word “aion,” translated, “worlds” above refers to “course of life”; the structure and administration of one’s life; how things go with you and how they work around you from day to day, including how they affect your hopes and aspirations. Our opening verse shows that with your faith and through God’s Word, you can frame the course of your life to be consistent with God’s plan and be everything you want to be.

Read our opening verse again; it says through faith, the world’s system, with respect to socio-economic structures and environmental management, were programmed through words that came out of the mouth of God. This is the power of prophecy! Today’s world was shaped by prophetic words of years ago.

Now, if the successive ages of men and societies were framed by God’s prophetic words, and we’re born after Him, it therefore shows the right we have to determine what should happen in our lives and in our world. You’re to reprogramme your life and create your future with the words you speak. If you haven’t been doing this, begin today to frame your life, your world, and your times! What kind of life do you want to have in the next ten, twenty or thirty years? It all depends on you.

Many who are in debt, defeat, despondency, sickness and frustration today, framed their lives that way many years ago with their words. If that has happened to you, here’s the good news: you can begin to re-programme your life with the Word, and it starts first, by changing your way of thinking. The Apostle Paul said in Romans 12:2, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Through the ministry of the Word, you experience a metamorphosis—a transformation in your life and circumstances from glory to glory. You’re able to scrutinize and disallow illegal transactions and imports such as sickness, poverty, death, defeat, etc., from your “aion”—your course of life. Blessed be God!

CONFESSION

My mind is renewed by the Word to think the right thoughts and speak the right words that transform my life and circumstances. The structure and administration of my life are perfected in line with God’s perfect will for me, and I dwell in health, peace and abundance everyday, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. ||

|| Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 14:53-72 & Numbers 29-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 26:24-32 & Psalm 71-72

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:13am On Mar 12, 2020

YOUR NEW IDENTITY IN CHRIST .

Thursday, March 12th .
Pastor Chris

Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah. (Psalm 87:3).

There’re many beautiful and glorious descriptions of the new creation in the Scriptures. It’s one of the reasons you must study the Bible to know more about the glorious things spoken and written of you in the Word. What name has God called you? Answer that name, for you’ll cheat yourself if you don’t.

In Genesis 17:5, God spoke to Abram and said, “Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.” “Abram” meant exalted father, but God had a different plan for him and called him the “father of many nations.”

Abraham immediately adjusted to his new reality and identity, introducing himself by his new name. Some must have made jest of Abraham when he changed his name. Recall also that Sarah, his wife was barren; another hopeless case.

But Abraham was fully persuaded by God’s Word, and called himself what God had called him. In the same way, you have to learn to agree with God and His Word. Accept your new identity and reality in Christ. He’s called you holy, righteous, prosperous, victorious, more than a conqueror, etc. Walk in agreement with God, with His description and perception of you.

When Paul wanted to address the Christians at Ephesus, he referred to them as saints, and the faithful (Ephesians 1:1). That’s your description as well. If you aren’t a saint, then it means you’re not born again, because saints are those who are born again. In Colossians 1:22, He calls you holy, unblameable and unreproveable. Accept and walk in the light of these truths and you’ll be ever productive in your faith-walk of righteousness.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I accept my new reality and identity in Christ. I’m a saint, I’m holy, unblameable and unreproveable in your sight, because I’m born again, with your nature of righteousness in my spirit. I live in absolute mastery over the circumstances of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: || 1 Peter 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: ||

|| Ephesians 2:10 AMPC For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. ||

|| Colossians 1:22-23 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 15:1-20 & Numbers 32-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Acts 27:1-8 & Psalm 73

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 316
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.