Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister (3504 Views)

Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by dolphinife: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
My naive younger sister shared this with me, and I hope you all can judiciously advice

My sister at a tender age of 17 entered into a relationship with a guy. They made an oath using the Bible. However, it happens that last year, the guy was rusticated from UNIBEN, and he's not making efforts to go baack to school.

On the other hand, he's not even learning a trade. He's always home sleeping and eating, while feeding fat on his parent's largess.

He proposed to my sister last month and he's planning to get married to my sister by December.

Should we allow our sister to marry a university drop out with no skills and certificates??

What is scaring my Sister is that they both had made an oath.....oath with the Bible

What can be done to salvage this situation?

Point of correction, my sister is now 25years old and they have dated for 8 years
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by UtibeEttefia1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
FTC guy what was the question again?

1 Like

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by jerryunit48: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
But how is he going to fund the marriage
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by VargasVee(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
So how's he planning on funding the wedding? Or even after it, they'll both feed on grasses? That's the worst, broke and lazy.
His parents won't always be there if you think that changes anything.

He might even be a cultist to have gotten expelled. Your sister too, how come she informed no one in your family about how things were? She had better run for her life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by dolphinife: 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
UtibeEttefia1:
FTC
guy what was the question again?

Can you give your sister in a marriage to a guy who's not only unemployed, but a dropout, with no skills or certificate other than WAEC
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by dyadeleye(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Your sister wan enter one chànce be that...between how old is the guy op?

And that your sister must be a Kardashians in the making grin

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
That's a delicate situation ooo. Call the guy and talk to him na.

Will he feed the wife and eventual children with dust?

Take your sister for deliverance, those churches that flog the spirit out with broom or animal skin whip so that she go learn to be careful next time.

Something like this

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by dolphinife: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
jerryunit48:
But how is going to fund the marriage

Is there any way one can navigate this Bible Oath thing?
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
Your sis is probably one of those naive girls who think love is enough. "He loves me, so we should get married". She's not looking at the bigger picture.

The guy has nothing to offer, and I'm sure she has nothing to offer too. Like terms attract in relationships.

1 Like

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Lionofdjungle: 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Don't worry, Bill Gate is also a dropout grin
On a serious note, prayer is the only solution; this will serve as a lesson to those who normally go into covenant with opposite sex because of marriage. It is dangerous embarassed
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by pat1612(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
As i see
1.your sister is too young for marriage?
2.u need to know what ur sister think about guy and is she willing to marry him without having a source of income?
3.do u thk ur self thst your sister should marry him?
4.what is your parents opinion about it?
5.you perfectly know guy is good for nothing still u want ur sister to marry him?
6.as far as bible is concern i dont care personally,but if you do and your sister dont wanna marry him go to your pastor trust me he will give u a way out of it.
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by UtibeEttefia1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
dolphinife:

Can you give your sister in a marriage to a guy who's not only unemployed, but a dropout, with no skills or certificate other than WAEC

talk to a man of God, maybe the Oat can be revoked
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
dolphinife:

Is there any way one can navigate this Bible Oath thing?

Yes, serious men of God can break it, in as much as blood is not involved.

I'm not talking about yahoo yahoo pastors ooh
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by djgrafiti(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
dolphinife:
My naive younger sister shared this with me, and I hope you all can judiciously advice

My sister at a tender age of 17 entered into a relationship with a guy. They made an oath using the Bible. However, it happens that last year, the guy was rusticated from UNIBEN, and he's not making efforts to go baack to school.

On the other hand, he's not even learning a trade. He's always home sleeping and eating, while feeding fat on his parent's largess.

He proposed to my sister last month and he's planning to get married to my sister by December.

Should we allow our sister to marry a university drop out with no skills and certificates??

What is scaring my Sister is that they both had made an oath.....oath with the Bible

What can be done to salvage this situation?
Oaths with the bible indeed,ur sister and the guy need two jobs...nonsense,what does a 17 yrs old know about relationship let alone marriage.....abeg who get Nokia 3310 battery.
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by dolphinife: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
pat1612:
As i see
1.your sister is too young for marriage?
2.u need to know what ur sister think about guy and is she willing to marry him without having a source of income?
3.do u thk ur self thst your sister should marry him?
4.what is your parents opinion about it?
5.you perfectly know guy is good for nothing still u want ur sister to marry him?
6.as far as bible is concern i dont care personally,but if you do and your sister dont wanna marry him go to your pastor trust me he will give u a way out of it.

She's been dating the guy at the age of 17, which means, they've been dating for the past 8 years

My family are against the marriage, we don't want a liability for a hubby
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by optional1(f): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
op do you wanna marry your sister?

In my country, the law says *Not everyone who went to school, are wealthy* and it also says *when you are rich no one will want to hear if you went to school or not* *no one wants to hear your story of how you get there*

op going to school is not all that matters in Nigeria....
Let your sister be, you won't marry her..

1 Like

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
optional1:
op do you wanna marry your sister?

In my country, the law says *Not everyone who went to school, are wealthy* and it also says *when you are rich no one will want to hear if you went to school or not* *no one wants to hear your story of how you get there*

op going to school is not all that matters in Nigeria....
Let your sister be, you won't marry her..
Did you read the part he said the guy is jobless, lazy and sleeps all day?.

1 Like

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2017
Op I am guessing the guy comes from a rich home and he is a spoilt child
I am guessing his parents are ready to sponsor the marriage cause his parents want him to at least do something with his life
I am guessing you are deeply worried that he doesn't have a bright future and he may ruin your sisters life

Now, what do you do in this type of situation you may ask?
you need to paint the worst possible case senerio for your sister, let her know what she is getting into
You need to encourage her to wait for a while because if he dropped out of school and he is unwilling to go back , it simply means he losses interest easily
He is bound to loose interest in the marriage cause his parent maybe the one pushing for it in the first place

Just based on assumptions though
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Your sister is 17 and already wants to marry shocked

How naive!

1 Like

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by optional1(f): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
Benita27:
Did you read the part he said the guy is jobless, lazy and sleeps all day?.

who knows what tomorrow holds..

He might be jobless, lazy and sleeps all day but do you know if the lady is the one with the key to his wealth tomorrow...

If he doesn't have anything why will he plan to get marry??

1 Like

Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Leonbonapart(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
lovelygurl:

How naive!
leave them alone!!!!.... aproko... what a life!!!!You want to live alone forever yes that'a for you
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by optional1(f): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
lovelygurl:

How naive!

she started dating at 17, she is 25 now
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Leonbonapart:
leave them alone!!!!.... aproko... what a life!!!!You want to live alone forever yes that'a for you

A pervert can of course not understand, what a fool

At 17, she's still UNDERAGE
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
optional1:

who knows what tomorrow holds..

He might be jobless, lazy and sleeps all day but do you know if the lady is the one with the key to his wealth tomorrow...

If he doesn't have anything why will he plan to get marry??
don't say that again sis
Same way buhari is a religious fanatic and have zero knowledge on economics but who knows if he has the key to Nigerian economic problems
But you know what gari is almost triple the price
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by pocohantas(f): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Before I comment...
Are you one the guys that attack me when I say broke guys shouldn't have erection? angry angry angry
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
optional1:

she started dating at 17, she is 25 now

Ok saw the point of correction just now

Op, she's now 25 and no longer your baby sister. I mean sure she is but she should be allowed to make her own decisions
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Leonbonapart(m): 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
lovelygurl:

A pervert can of course not understand, what a fool

At 17, she's still UNDERAGE
let them be... You don't want her to get to your age(45) before she gets married... Auntie cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Leonbonapart(m): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
lovelygurl:

Ok saw the point of correction just now

Op, she's now 25 and no longer your baby sister. I mean sure she is but she should be allowed to make her own decisions
such a slowpoke... why not read and comprehend first

This is why teaching is a very difficult job...how many lessons do you wanna learn
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
Leonbonapart:
let them be... You don't want her to get to your age(45) before she gets married... Auntie cheesy grin cheesy

NOT the idiot searching for a wife on Nairaland

Don't you get it that your foolish ass shouldn't be talking about marriage and ending up alone forever when you are the mumu desperate enough to search on Nl
Re: Help! A University Dropout Is Planning To Marry My Sister by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
Leonbonapart:
such a slowpoke... why not read and comprehend first

This is why teaching is a very difficult job...how many lessons do you wanna learn

Son of bitch, it got updated

Can't you read the "Point of correction" undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'If Your Fiance's Name Is Daniel Your Wedding Is On 25th It Won't Hold — Lady / See The Way The Bridegroom Rocks His Bride On Their Wedding That Got People Talk / Video: Slay Queen Dancing Braless On IG, Tries To Force Cucumber Into Her Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.