Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,481 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626936 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by PoliticalThuG(m): 8:08am On Aug 21, 2017
I Like This Writer Because He Updates Everyday Unlike Other Lazy Bones Who Update Once In Three Weeks. They Make Literature Writing Looks Like Rocket Science

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by jide219(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
I Like This Writer Because He Updates Everyday Unlike Other Lazy Bones Who Update Once In Three Weeks. They Make Literature Writing Looks Like Rocket Science
u don come here again

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Rodriguez12(m): 8:36am On Aug 21, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
U talk true jare

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2017
i lyk d suspense though but a part of me want u to gt to the point as fast as u can b

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyber5(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2017
PoliticalThuG:

This is first time am seeing a nice complement from you

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Pinkfeet: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2017
Good work

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by switkera(f): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2017
A very nice piece. The killer is either Paul or the white dude. Both are acting suspicious. undecided Keep up the good work souloho19.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by renybenks(f): 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
Smallville10:
Steve is not d killer, paul is not d killer, okwudili is not the killer... I will tell u d killer later
yeah right! you'll tell us at d end of d story wen we already found out ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
My literature genius nice update 4rm u again. Well i must say dat i luv d dynamism of ur ability 2 cönceal facts nd make ur audience beg 4 more. I have watched oct. 1 nd i must say dat d only similar thing is d rape issue. Kudos bro

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Osman1996(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lurking!!!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Castleberry: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Op this is the first story I'm following here. I must commend your good work. I'm glued smiley

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
vakjay08:
My literature genius nice update 4rm u again. Well i must say dat i luv d dynamism of ur ability 2 cönceal facts nd make ur audience beg 4 more. I have watched oct. 1 nd i must say dat d only similar thing is d rape issue. Kudos bro

Tnx bro..I appreciate u..wld u believe me if I told u I haven't even watched that Oct 1? Always tot it was about independence..I'm
on the lookout for it now tho

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Castleberry:
Op this is the first story I'm following here. I must commend your good work. I'm glued smiley

That's pleasant to the ears eyes...thanks dear..more evositcs coming up wink

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
renybenks:

yeah right! you'll tell us at d end of d story wen we already found out ourselves.

Lol..I've already said it, the devil is Dé john
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
The knock was sharp and swift. The knuckles rapped the door three times causing a kind of tense vibration in the still silence that followed. Ezinne paused as she listened, trying to tell her beating heart that the knock hadn't sounded from her door.
As if to prove her wrong it sounded again. Maybe it was Oluchi, or one of the girls..they might have forgotten something and come back. But still she remained on her bed, steady and unmoving. The knock sounded again impatiently this time and she gave herself a mental kick. Whoever was at the door was knocking like he/she had every right to be there. It would have to be one of her friends..maybe even her mother.

"I'm coming...who's there?" She Asked as she stood behind the door, her hand on the bolt.
"Ezinne...its me, I left your mother a little bit at the market and she said I should deliver something"
She recognized the voice immediately. Everybody knew that voice, or almost everybody at least.
She opened the door as her pulse returned to normal and smiled.
"So nice to see you.."
"The pleasure is all mine..how are you?"
"I'm fine.." She glanced at his hands and noticed he didn't hold anything in them.
"What..what did Dada give to you?"
His eyes grew serious as the warmth escaped from them "you have something that belongs to me"

°•°•°•°•°•
Osi and Amara stopped at the gate while Joy entered.
"I can see you're suspecting somebody...but you don't want to tell me" Amara said
"Its not like I'm suspecting anyone..its...its more like a feeling..I have ways to confirm and be sure, then I can freely tell yoj"
"Just be careful..I have a feeling whoever it is would be very dangerous."
"Me too..."
"Just today in Oluchi's house somebody was outside listening to us and he ran away immediately Oluchi called out which is very strange"
"Hmmmm.." Osi frowned "when was this?"
"Earlier today"
"Did you get a look at him?"
"Nope...he took off immediately"
"What were you people talking about"
"Lemme see..." She tapped her foot as she thought back "I think Ezinne was telling us about the letter"
"Wait a minute..you said it was Ezinne who handed it to you earlier?"
"Yes..." She saw his eyes change and she got worried "what is it?"
"Where is Ezinne's house?"
"Its not too far from the market square" she replied
He began to run.
She joined him. Her heart was beating madly.
"What's going on?" She panted as she tried to catch up. His legs ate the ground quickly and three of her steps equalled just one of his.
"Your friend is in danger"

°•°•°•°
From far Amara could see the door was locked.
Oh thank God! Her friend had obviously locked the door when they left.
But then she saw the door open as Osi knocked on it. It hadn't been locked after all, it had just been slid shut.

As she reached the door finally, Osi came back outside. His eyes were strange and he blocked the door with his body as he used his hands behind his back to close the door.
"I don't think you should go in there" he said sadly.
"Why..what do you mean...?" But she could see it clearly in his eyes. She felt like her world was tilting upside down.
"What happened! Where is Ezinne?!" She screamed.
Pastor Osi surprised her by gripping her with surprising strength and clamping his hand over her mouth.

°•°•°•
"Shhhhhh" Osi snapped harshly as he covered her mouth with his hands.
He strained his ears as he listened. He heard the noise again, a peculiar sound, like the soft slamming of a window.
"Is there any road leading from the back of this house?" He asked her.
She nodded, he removed his hand after she bit him...hard but quick.
"There's a shortcut to the market square from the back..."

"Please don't go inside..stay outside" with that Osi ran through the house, closing the door and running through the parlour, he jumped the dead body on the floor( the third dead body he was seeing in three days...he must be going mad) and ran to the first room. This one didn't even have a window. He noticed it had been turned upside down and hurried to the second
room. He saw the window and knew the sound he heard must have come from here.
He hurried to the window, pushing the wooden board open and leaping out. As he landed, he heard the door to the parlour opening. Amara must have entered.
Women!! They never listened!

Well he couldn't turn back now..the devil was running away and he just needed a glimpse of whoever he was. He took off running down the path.

°•°•°

The devil had never been as scared of exposure as he was right now. He ran with speed as he ducked between bushes trying to stay out of sight.
He didn't know which was more annoying, the fact that he didn't get to rape Ezinne or that the letter wasn't in his possession.
The girl had confessed when she saw the knife that the letter was with Amara.
Amara...well that would be taken care of soon enough...maybe sooner than expected because he couldn't rest until the letter was in his hands.
Those two letters...P.O jeopardized his identity more than anything.
He smiled when he saw the beginning of the market square. But his smile disappeared when he thought about Ezinne...he hadn't done with her like he wanted to...he had been forced to use his knife..just imagine! Using a knife wasn't his style...it wasn't his modus operandi.
They said what goes up comes down. But the height in his trouser would need to be pacified....oh yes, Amara's time was definitely up!

°•°•°•°•
"Oh my God...!" Amara put her hand over her mouth as she burst into unbelievable tears. It was like a dream nightmare to see her friend bleeding on the floor.
She fell to her knees as the tears rained freely.
"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...oh my God!"

"Amara...Amara...."
Her eyes flew open as she heard the words...which sounded more like a whisper.
"Ezinee..Ezinne..." Ezinne had been stabbed rather horribly in the stomach but miraculously she wasn't dead...not yet.
"Amara..please help my mother to.....help...help my mother....to...lock...up...her...sh....s...shop"
Blood spilled from her mouth as she struggled to talk.
" Ezinne...I'm so sorry...forgive me please..."
"Its..all...its alright..." More blood from the mouth.
"Ezinne who did this to you...who did this?"
"Its...its...its......" Her eyes went blank and lifeless.
She was dead.

°•°•°•°•
Osi stumbled into the market square running like a mad man...he felt eyes on him from every direction but he felt a certain kind of eye on him. He turned round as he looked at the faces. Everyone was busy with their respective business.
"Heey...did you see anyone run out of this bush?" He asked a young boy shining shoes.
"Yes"
Ahaaa! Finally!
"Who was it...who did you see?"
The boy pointed at him and burst out laughing "you"

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Castleberry: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Finally angrythe devil is Paul

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Pinkfeet: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
if everyone in the community can recognise the person voice.
definitely the Devil is Stevenson.
souloho thumb up

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Jazmiynne: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Chai souloho19 why did Ezinne have to die? cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by heemah(f): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
OMG!! Not again nah!! sad sad RIP Ezinne...
Thanks for the update....#xpectin more oooo

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by queenDD(f): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
Wow, it's getting really interesting. More mb to your phone bro.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Mobecs(f): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
I don't think Ezinne would open the door to Paul, since he was a suspect.... BTW, where is Pastor Bartholomew in all this? I think we need a close up on him. Keep up the good work Souloho19.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by renybenks(f): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
souloho19:

Lol..I've already said it, the devil is Dé john
it can't be De John coz he doesn't go by d initials P. O. I'll say it's Stevenson Bcoz d white are more inclined to being psychopaths and no body has really cared to verify if he is who he says he is. they are all taken over by d euphoria of having a white in there midst plus there's a reason he's still in that village. he probably has seen d abundance of virgins there. or it could be Oluchu's brother. if he can lie about his name, and location he's capable of doing worse. then again, Paul seems too dumb to know much about poisons.

4 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Boderline(m): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
Stevenson For Sure grin grin

Almost sure.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Damibiz(m): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2017
Which devil be this self ?,u leave ur kingdow(hell fire)come the cause confusion for another man's land....na wooooh

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by AlamienDagash(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
souloho19:

The running vampire himself..welcome boss
thanks boss I appreciate still enjoying the ride

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyber5(m): 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
Sweet Jesus
My heart just went on a marathon

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Oroolorun(m): 12:07am On Aug 22, 2017
Mobecs:
where is Pastor Bartholomew in all this?
[color=#006600][q
He is the devil.
P for pastor
O for his other name.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Shawdey(f): 1:33am On Aug 22, 2017
Awesome work @Souloho19
You really have a way of carrying your audience along without missing a single detail.

Okudili is not the devil neither Paul. My only suspect here is the European guy.....
Btw, Congratulations to Osi....Amara's future husband (unless OP does not like it)

The storyline is lit
Thanks for the timely updates too

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 6:02am On Aug 22, 2017
Absoul you rock bro.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tillaman(m): 6:33am On Aug 22, 2017
40%Stevenson, 60%Paul okon, cause they all felt comfortable when they saw him, Ezinne opened the door and was comfy with his presence so the devil also wears okrika and Paul had been in the neighboring village for months which is a 15min walk to his home town, stevenson's hand writing looks just like the one in the letter and the villagers seems familiar with the voice of the devil, stevenson could buy okrika to cover his tracks buh i doubt if a white man could afford to wear okrika on his white body lol, Mr Soul u are a terrific writer sir, more ink to ur pen, and Paul okon my eyes are on you, So my fellow readers, the odds are Stevenson (1.9)-Paul (2.5) so start placing your bets!!

6 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 7:24am On Aug 22, 2017
u er givin me a good guess nw
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Pinkfeet: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2017
tillaman:
40%Stevenson, 60%Paul okon, cause they all felt comfortable when they saw him, Ezinne opened the door and was comfy with his presence so the devil also wears okrika and Paul had been in the neighboring village for months which is a 15min walk to his home town, stevenson's hand writing looks just like the one in the letter and the villagers seems familiar with the voice of the devil, stevenson could buy okrika to cover his tracks buh i doubt if a white man could afford to wear okrika on his white body lol, Mr Soul u are a terrific writer sir, more ink to ur pen, and Paul okon my eyes are on you, So my fellow readers, the odds are Stevenson (1.9)-Paul (2.5) so start placing your bets!!

lolz
my is steveson

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.