Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626673 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by bossy512(f): 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
Nice update, i am enjoying d story, my wish is for her sister to get there b4 Is too late. Weldone. ur story is always on point
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by surddick(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
well i wud say the killer has nt been given a name yet. His name has nt been metioned, mister u have my attention already. Wehdone sir.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by GODSMILEFOREVER: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ebydarling:
The devil is neither Paul nor Stevenson. The meat seller on my mind �
The devil has been reveled ,it is Stevenson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
GODSMILEFOREVER:
The devil has been reveled ,it is Stevenson.
... Are you sure?
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by officialbazor(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
Solouho z da bomb

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by sirfrance(m): 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
Maltaleeza:
Thanks for the mention Souloho19. Following you!

I want a dose of you dear, I want to be addicted to you
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
DzTzl:
Oh No! Not Joy i like that character too much!

Me too...I'm already crying embarassed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
shurley22:
Now I'm really scared
Souloho19 oh....
Please and please come and update again oh.
The suspense from the last update is too much....biko

I'd be updating soon..I noticed you were reading delayed diagnosis..are you thru yet
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bibi294(f): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
Souloho is bae...

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
kingsamm:
Souloho19 where art thou?
I need more!
Shout me out immediately it drops

Kingsamm!!!!

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2017
Countrygirl:
not so fast bae

souloho19, so you are cheating on me

Me??! Virgo doesn't cheat na..I have enof love to go around wink

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
Dinabella:
Where was I when this story began?
I so hate the fact that I'm late for yet another blockbuster from Souloho19.
Keep doing what how you know how to do best...

I beg who get popcorn to share?

Welcome dear..sadly its only alcohol that is available..specifically palmwine..lol
Gracias..I appreciate u

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
Everyone settle downcheesycheesy
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2017
jupitre:
Abeg,na who helep me see souloho19...I don dey find am since make he con give us food...Abi Make i go meet BaBa ma he helep us do small shoutout for am?

Lol...greetings boss..food is ready pardon the lack of spices tho and the ration wink
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
souloho19:

Lol...greetings boss..food is ready pardon the lack of spices tho and the ration wink
abeg serve am sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Queengolden(f): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
Following the story like kilode

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
Paul sat down on the couch. He looked defeated. He carried the little girl and bounced her on his laps.
Osi sat down without waiting for an invitation.
"You need to promise me you'll never tell anybody what I'm about to tell you" Paul said.
"Honestly I can't promise you anything but I'd do my best"
Paul sighed. "Okay...when I left Amaife for Lagos three years ago, I spent just two months there before I ran into trouble"
He fell silent and Osi urged him on "what kind of trouble?"
"I got mixed up in the wrong crowd...I allowed a friend of mine talk me into what he called hustling"
"Hmm....what kind of hustling was this?" Osi asked. There were different grades of 'hustling' in a city like Lagos but he was already having a bad feeling about this one.

Paul dodged the question or perhaps he wasn't ready to answer yet and wanted to delay as long as possible.
"The thing is I was carried away by his lavish lifestyle..his cars and riches..he promised to link me up and I couldn't wait, but then he introduced me to his people and I found out they were kidnappers"
"What? Please tell me you didn't involve in such" Osi was surprised. That was the last thing he had expected to hear.

Paul was silent. His silence was all Osi needed to hear. It signified guilt.
"My God..so in your quest for riches you began kidnapping people?" Osi couldn't help his voice from rising a bit.
"Yes" Paul nodded solemnly "but the truth is I was never comfortable with it and I never accompanied them for their operations..my job was always to look after the victims in the safe house"

Osi looked at the young girl clapping excitedly as Paul bounced her on his knee.
"So what changed? What happened?"

Paul took a deep breadth and Osi knew what was coming would be difficult to swallow.

"After every pay out, the six of us..we're six in number by the way, two girls and four guys...anyway the six of us would always split up..move to different states or locations till the trail goes cold and we have another possible hit then we'll team up again"
Osi shook his head in dismay "you're a very horrible man..."
"I know...I know that" Paul sighed tiredly. He had told himself that many times it was no longer news. "I always came to this village because I wanted to be closer to Amaife...and I met Chinaza and we had a relationship. And I started having second thoughts about everything"

"Oh...so Chinaza is(was) the mother of the child then?"
"No....this is the hard part, this girl is not mine...she's the only daughter of a multimillionaire, one of the top men of oil and gas in our country..."
"What! You mean you kidnapped this young girl"
As if in reply the young girl smiled at Paul. "Dada...Dada...."
Osi smiled sadly at her.
She was Adorable.

Paul went on:
"The plan was to get 10 million naira and release the child immediately with no harm, but her stupid father set us up at the drop zone, we were almost caught and when the gang found out, they were furious and decided to kill the girl...this was about six weeks ago"
Osi didn't realize he was holding his breath "so...what happened?"
"I couldn't go through with it...in the dead of the night I took her from the safe house and ran away...I ran here straight...that was why I took an extra day to arrive at Amaife because I needed to set up someone to be taking care of her in my absence"
"So the woman that answeres the gate...who is she? A babysitter"
"Something like that, I pay her monthly and offered a roof over her head in return for her services and to be fair..she loves the girl"

A short silence followed but finally Osi cleared his throat. This was crazy. By far one of the craziest stories he had heard, and he had listened to a fair share. "So are you telling me that you plan to raise someone else's child as your own? A child that you kidnapped?"
"Pastor...it has been eating me alive but I can't step foot in Lagos because just as I'm sure the sun would rise tomorrow, i'? 100% sure they would definitely trace me!"

"Why's she calling you daddy?" Osi was suspicious "she's old enough to know you're not her father"
"I don't know..honestly, ever since I started looking out for her she's been calling me that"

"Hmmm..." Osi scratched his day old stubble "but I'm convinced you've not done enough..the least you could do is drop her at a police station at least they would locate her parents or the worst case scenario you get in touch with the father and instruct him the church you dropped his daughter"
"Pastor..all these possibilities would definitely end up with me being locked up..I've been asking Sofiri for help and his opinion hypothetically but I'm yet to tell him the full story"
"Mr. Paul...I'm grateful your conscience is not yet as seared ith a hot iron as the bible put it..you still have a heart, no matter how tiny it might be, but you know the law of seed time and harvest..the covenant with Noah...what you sow is what you shall reap..you have to pay for the consequences of your actions"
"You're going to rat me out aren't you...God my mother must not hear this..she'll just die...but I did all these to be able to provide financially for my family. You see right since my childhood my father was-"

Osi interrupted him. A thought had just occurred to him and he was not ready for a history class.
"wait...did Okudili know of your actions?"
"Okudili?"
"Yes...the one you people call the village drunkard"
"Well he knew I was in the nearby village all along, I recall seeing him on more than one occasion...wait are you thinking I killed Okudili?" His eyes were wide and white now. From either guilt or disbelief. Osi could wager it was the latter.

"Honestly you're a very big suspect..I'd need you to tell me where you were the night Chinaza was murdered and the day Ezinne was killed as well as mama Ozioma"
Paul thought hard. He was suddenly restless and stood up and began pacing. He carried the little girl who had already fallen asleep.
"Honestly I don't know...but I swear I had nothing to do with the murders...I'm innocent!"
"Be that as it may, if I were a cop I'd arrest you immediately" Osi replied and stood up. He was a good foot taller than the man and the result was quite intimidating even though his shoulder was not as broad.

"So what now...you're going to turn me in I suppose" Paul sounded resigned to his fate.
"Not yet...the most important thing is to reunite this girl with her family and then if you can cooperate with the authorities I believe your judgement would be fairer...especially since you saved her life"
Paul wasn't convinced "I knew this day would come...I'm so screwed!" But deep down he was glad he had bared his soul. It had been eating him from inside.

°•°•°°•°
Joy struggled but to no avail. She was fighter and very tough but the man was really strong. His hand muffled her screams as he held her mouth tightly and she couldn't see a thing every where was pitch dark.
She realized with horror that he was taking her farther from the gate and into the darkness.
She kicked madly, catching his sheen with the back of her heel, but it seemed the devil didn't feel anything.
With his left hand he tried to put a piece of clothe over her eyes and she lost whatever control she still had as thw fear intensified. She bit his palm hard and he swore in a voice that was faintly familiar.

He must have been extremely offended with her biting because he pushed her roughly to the trunk of a nearby mango tree. Slamming her face on the tree bark.
An impossible pain shot through her face and she almost lost consciousness as she slid to the floor.

Little bitch! Have a little fight in you eh?! Well good thing he had a sock over his face.. He might not blindfold her after all.
He unbuckled his belt hurriedly stopping her weak movements with his leg.
He was about to dive in...there was nothing as sweet as a Virgin and he hoped he would see blood...blood always threw him in a crazy frenzy.
But then the gate to the compound opened and Dé Nwachukwu stepped outside.
"What's that noise? Amara? Joy? Who's there?!"
He held a torchlight and the devil took off immediately before the beam fell on him.
He cursed and ranted as he ran. This was not over!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Precial419: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2017
First To Read, First To Comment
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Precial419: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2017
Thanks Souloho At Least U Made Me Feel Beta. I Wil Sleep Well Dix Nite.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
Na Lie It Cnt B Over.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by shurley22(f): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2017
souloho19:

I'd be updating soon..I noticed you were reading delayed diagnosis..are you thru yet

Yeaa....I'm through with it and I was short of words to describe what I felt while reading it.
Every part of it was one of a kind, perfectly knit together to make a whole piece .
You've got a huge stan fan in me.

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by GODSMILEFOREVER: 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2017
Thank GOD for Joy ,her GOD is alive.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by GODSMILEFOREVER: 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
meneski:
... Are you sure?
At least am 99.9 % sure.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by shurley22(f): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
Whew!
I just released the breath I've been holding.
Thank God joy is safe.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
Close

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2017
GODSMILEFOREVER:
Thank GOD for Joy ,your GOD is alive.

6 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Pinkfeet: 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2017
souloho thanks for saving joy life..

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bleeze2: 11:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
Well done bro

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tenderblaze(f): 12:53am On Sep 03, 2017
Awwww luck was really on joy's side. As for d killer, my best bet is Steve cos I doubt if anyone in d village would use d word BITCH (whites r fond of DAT word)which d killer called joy in d cos of d assault.

To u souloh nice piece you've got. keep it u. I dey follow u bk to bk from delayed diagnosis to this one and many more hopefully.

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by TUba69(m): 1:05am On Sep 03, 2017
The devil isn't Steve neither is it Paul. I'm done guessing, I'll just go with what Souloho said earlier.

"The devil De ........"

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by sKeetz(m): 2:56am On Sep 03, 2017
GODSMILEFOREVER:
Thank GOD for Joy ,her GOD is alive.

It's a story naw

Wetin concern God ?!? shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Areros: 3:01am On Sep 03, 2017
I almost missed commenting in this story. chio, Soul you can give Someone bp sha; D

perfect work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.