Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,351 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626932 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Observer3(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
souloho biko kill Amara sister mbok...that bae no dey hear word

nobody should face me ooo...am not ur mate tongue

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Joislim(f): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
Soul,hope are good..... I've been refreshing this page since morning.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by TeekayCarter: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Joislim:
Soul,hope are good..... I've been refreshing this page since morning.

Thank you Sister Joislim for refreshing passionately.

On behalf of brother Soul, may the good Lord continue to refresh you continuously. cheesy
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Joislim(f): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
TeekayCarter:

Thank you Sister Joislim for refreshing passionately.

On behalf of brother Soul, may the good Lord continue to refresh you continuously. cheesy
lol.... thank you pastor
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Ultimategeneral: 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
hahahhah! my bro the last episode is really funny. truly no one should judge a book based on the cover

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by bakeuhappy: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
Souloho19a abeg where art thou?? More inspiration to u..
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Segibambo(m): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2017
Come and complete the story naaa
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by bossy512(f): 7:08am On Nov 01, 2017
Oga Soul, weldone. pls we are waiting o
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by officialflex(f): 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
it been 4 days or so na, uncle solo we know u can do it na, most times wont be online for 3 days ir more and when am back still d same, it was never like dis before your consistency and skillful prowess was what kept people like me going checking ur page every minute now to see if u av updated is just tiring, even midnight sef, pity ur followers abeg bro solo sadit been 4 days or so na, uncle solo we know u do it do it na, most times wont be online for 3 days ir more and when am back still d same, it was never like dis before your consistency and skillful prowess was what kept people like me going checking ur page every minute now to see if u av updated is just tiring, even midnight sef, pity ur followers abeg bro solo
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by bossy512(f): 8:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
Iscl 5 days. pls Soul consider us now. plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by rchilee: 5:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Hope you are fine ?
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by wizsolzy(m): 7:57am On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=moonnstar post=60902073][/quote]

ok
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Solo You Better Come Now Before I Give You This

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Stainlexxx: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
Bros Weldon Pls Remember ur fans are Still Waiting
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by osch10: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
Am tired of reload n refresh. This what i will done, check d page back by January. By then, mr soul will have update everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by wizsolzy(m): 3:40am On Nov 03, 2017
watin dey happen oga titus we nid update

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tobymoore(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
Agruabbly the best story I've ever read on nairaland
Abeg come give us update sharpaly
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by itsandi(m): 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
Update.... smiley
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
my people please no vex o..
some unforseen circumstances kept me offline...I'm almost done with the update tho.
thanks for not giving up on the story

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by joeaz58(m): 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
souloho19:
my people please no vex o..
some unforseen circumstances kept me offline...I'm almost done with the update tho.
thanks for not giving up on the story
oya pls continue
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Honeydawealth(f): 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
Dis is lovely..... Weldone Souloho! More update pllssssssss...
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
The first borehole in Amaife had been dug and mounted in the market square after the elders had instructed and organised the villagers to contribute money for the duration of four months.
The villagers had been ecstatic. They didn't have to depend on the stream all the time anymore. This was a better and fascinating source of water.
Every morning the queue would be long as every body would go with his/her bucket to fetch water from the tank. It was a good feeling watching the water rush out and fill up the buckets.

The problem was electricity. There was hardly light in Amife and most times the borehole would function just once a week, sometimes even once in two weeks. Gradually the villagers began to lose interest in the borehole. The stream was still better. It was natural and there was never a queue. It was big enough for everybody.

However some still longed for the development, one would see a small group of people hanging around the tank with their buckets waiting for the water. They never gave up and would spend hours, turning the knob and hoping and praying the water would rush out.

However Joy would finally be the reason everyone would lose interest in the borehole.
She was thirteen years old then and was one of the people fascinated by the borehole. She always stopped by and checked it first whenever she needed to fetch water and more often than not she was lucky and filled her bucket before the water finished.
On that fateful day, she had taken a bucket much bigger than her normal size after searching fruitlessly for her own bucket. The bucket Amara usually carried was the one she had to settle for finally.
She stopped by the stream as usual and tried the tap. She was in luck and she filled the bucket to the brim but there was nobody to help her lift and balance the bucket on her head. She struggled, huffed and puffed and had almost managed to lift the bucket totally when she lost her grip. The bucket fell off and broke the pipe and the tap.
The water gushed out with much force. Joy was terrified and she burst into tears. The water kept on rushing and gushing till the tank was emptied and she kept on crying.

Now four years later and the image suddenly flashed in her memory, but this time she wasn't going to cry, she couldn't cry. The blood kept on gushing the same way the water had gushed out of the dislodged pipe and indeed Batholomew's pipe had been dislodged. In fact he was pipeless.
His eyes were filled with horror and he screamed in pain.
The blood continued gushing and splattering all over Joy's body and Bartholomew screamed and screamed.
"I'm going to kill you BITCH!"

°•°•°•°
Oluchi was panting as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She had just one thing on her mind: Get help!

The minute Joy had climbed in through the window, she had spent about 30 seconds panicking and shuffling her feet frantically but then she turned and ran with no clear destination in her mind but she knew she had to get help.

At first she thought it was an illusion. She had to be dreaming-day dreaming. She could see the very people she hoped to find running towards her.
"Please... Come quick! Joy...Bartholomew..!" She panted.
But the young men passed her with equal speed. Not even bothering to slow down.
"Oluchi! Where are you coming from? Where's my sister?"
It was Amara. She was also running but couldn't keep up with Benedict and the rest. She stopped when she saw her friend.
"I was coming to get help..." Oluchi replied purposely avoiding the second question.
But Amara was persistent "where is Joy? You were together earlier?"
Oluchi hesitated.
"Oluchi where's my sister?" Amara was beginning to panic.
"She...she's in the house...with-with Barth..."
"With Bartholomew...and you left her alone with that monster?!!"

°•°•°•°
The monster in question was howling and shouting, screaming in pain. He looked down in horror at the empty space his blessed member was supposed to be and screamed more.
The bed was quickly getting soaked with blood. His blood. As a matter of fact the bed sheet had changed from white to a crimson colour. He suddenly had the burning crazy rage to spill Joy's blood.

Joy had scurried to the other end of the bed hurriedly. She was extremely disturbed by the sight and all the blood plus Bartholomew's wailing had disconcerted her. But still she knew her survival depended on her next action. She needed to act sharp. She had to escape.

She held the knife tightly in her hands and pointed the weapon at the pipeless monster.
"Don't come close...I'll stab-I'll kill you!"
Bartholomew stopped for a brief second but the pain and rage must have blinded his ability to think clearly.
He charged at Joy as she shifted off the edge of the bed.

°•°•°•°•
Stevenson wondered who was shouting and screaming in Pa Kenneth's house. The voice sounded like whoever was behind it was very much in pain and it was very disturbing.
He held his notepad in his hand and his fountain pen.
Throughout his stay in Amaife, both Dé John and Dé Nwachukwu had spoken to him and given him priceless information and material for his book. Especially the former. Pa Kenneth however never seemed to have time for him. He was either too busy or not feeling too well.

Well that was going to change. Stevenson had woken up feeling strangely energized and refreshed. Talking to Amara about his murder charge had really done a lot to lift the burden off his shoulder. He felt lighter and he felt prepared to return home.
He was going to clear his name. But first he needed to make sure his book was complete. And he needed a lot of information from the leader himself.

He spent few minutes knocking the door without reply and he was ready to leave- had even turned, when he heard the first crazed shout.
Someone was in pain.
His first thought was to panic! Pa Kenneth was having a heart attack, the man was very old. But when the screaming continued, he discovered it belonged to a much younger person.
But who?
Did the person need help? He sounded like he did.
The door was locked and he curiously strolled round the house, peering into each window.

°•°•°•
Reverend Okorie led the way, but the minute they were out of the hospital he turned and regarded Dé John.
"Sir...I think you should be in front I have no idea what direction we're going"
"You don't need to cage me...you idiots! I'm not a criminal." Pa Kenneth snapped.
"Okay..you're right elder, don't be offended please lead the way" Dé John told his friend in the same calm and respectful voice he had used earlier.
"You...you especially. I'll make sure you regret this rubbish! This is same as mutiny!"
"With all due respect sir, your delay tactics isn't going to work,we are still going to get to your house no matter what..the best way to clear your name is to ensure we get there on time and then-" Gregory didn't get to finish his statement before the old man leaped on him with much force, surprising the slim young man and knocking him to the ground.
"Pa Kenneth! Elder! What has come over you?!" Dé John was shocked.
Pa Kenneth struggled with Greg who was unaccustomed to violence, but youth would always come out on top more often than not.
Before he was totally overpowered and when Reverend Okorie struggled to lift him off Greg, Pa Kenneth clamped his teeth round the young man's left ear(Gregory had rather large, satellite dish shaped ears) and he bit hard, drawing blood immediately.

°•°•°•
Maybe it was the sight of blood, maybe it was the fact that she had just sliced his manhood off, maybe it was the crazy shouts but suddenly Joy froze as Bartholomew charged at her shouting like a warrior.
He slapped the knife out of her hand and grabbed her neck, pushing her roughly to the ground.
A short scream escaped from her as she landed on the floor.

°•°•°•°
The shout was what finally triggered Stevenson and swung him into action. He had been observing the broken window, stroking his jaw with a confused expression.
When he heard the scream however, he knew he had to act. Someone was under attack. He squeezed his broad frame through the window and was shocked to see Dé Nwachukwu knocked out cold on the floor. He saw another young man few feet away with a pestle beside his still body.
He took all these in under few seconds then he heard the words, an enraged scream "I'm going to kill you whôre! You biitch!!"

The last time Stevenson had heard that statement, his wife had been raped and killed and he had been framed for the murder.
Suddenly he was back in Ukraine. In his Town house, with his briefcase in his hand filled with study and teaching materials.
He came home early for a quick lunch and was still planning to catch another class.

But he wasn't going to cower this time. He wasn't going to cry and plead for his wife to be saved, no! He was going to fight!
He charged to the room. His second enraged personality, the Dr. Hyde in him, the part he tried so hard to hide. The side of him that had almost strangled the pastor a week ago. The part that had emerged when his wife had been killed and he lost it.

Now like an eclipse, that side of him emerged and overshadowed his rational, jovial self.
He had just one thought: he was going to protect his wife.
Stevenson charged toward the room shouting. "You can't kill her! She's not a whôre! You WON'T kill her!!"

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by go4success(f): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
Wow! Wow! Wow! Please pardon me for sounding like a siren. You're just too much. Thanks for this.
Modified:
Your use of flashback is impressive. I can imagine what this scene would look like on screen in the hands of a good movie director. The transition from the water gushing out on her face to Bartholomew's blood is a genius idea. Thumbs up.
°•

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kikiwendy(f): 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Souloho nawa for you oo.. Nothing happened in this update. You were just beating around the bush to make it long

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by okeyben10: 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
kikiwendy:
Souloho nawa for you oo.. Nothing happened in this update. You were just beating around the bush to make it long

true. I felt same too. on the bright side tho he's managed to squeeze in Stevenson in d most dramatic way possible.cos I kno that's what's delayed d update.

Nice jab Souloho.now we can get daily updates
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bestie93(m): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mr Soloho pls we are still waiting for d main update...
cool
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
go4success:
Wow! Wow! Wow! Please pardon me for sounding like a siren. You're just too much. Thanks for this
Ahhhh Why U Quote Evritin Na??
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bdemmy4real: 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
See the way my body is shaking....so suspense filled bt the update is short nah

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Mobecs(f): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
go4success:
Wow! Wow! Wow! Please pardon me for sounding like a siren. You're just too much. Thanks for this
why quote the whole thing just to sound like a siren? And I was rejoicing thinking it was a very long update from Souloho19...Soul weldone jore...

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kingphilip(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
I'll check back in 2 months time for the next update

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Chommieblaq(f): 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Oh lawd, see the way I was holding my breathe.

Well done bro
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by go4success(f): 3:54am On Nov 04, 2017
No vex dear. I've fixed that.
Mobecs:

why quote the whole thing just to sound like a siren? And I was rejoicing thinking it was a very long update from Souloho19...Soul weldone jore...

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.