Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church (32551 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Did The Bible Really Say That A Woman Must Marry Her Rapist? / Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 5:46am On Aug 01, 2017
Fearlez:
I was under the impulse to mirror your cowardice but it the truth struck me.

See, when you edit my post and type those words, you actually say my (your) mother, which makes you heaping and doubling more cusses on the dumb h00ker you call your mother grin

I quoted you and was about editing your post saying "my mother"...and I realised fixing your moniker to it doesn't change anything because it isn't your words not mine.

See how dumb you are? Your analphabetism must be genetically handed down from your cóck-swapping mother who was too dumb to calculate her monthly cycle. grin
Guy you swallow radio? Go and bury yer mama? Monkey!!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by ephbe(m): 6:49am On Aug 01, 2017
Pls is there a way u cover ur head without covering ur hair
I still think covering the head means covering the hair
Tell me, wat wld u be covering the head for if not the hair?
Am sure that scripture generally refers to all women that barbs and makes hairdo, wch of course is d essence of the word "Head" and nt hair so people dnt give in to misconceptions.
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 11:45am On Aug 01, 2017
aribisala0:
Guy you swallow radio? Go and bury yer mama? Monkey!!
the only thing I will be burying is my dick 12 inches into your mother's wide cunt. I'm looking forward to cure that bîtch from her cóck craving Disorder (CCD)
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
funny people they surely know how to defend themselves ....... does the Bible mean anything to you why don't you obey in subjection must you always show your wisdom

is covering the head a big deal ......

if not covering your head makes a sister fall why not cover your head ..........,.

or Paul never taught that
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
BrainnewsNg:
In the Christian community all over the world there have been an age long argument among some denominations over the covering of “head” or “hair” by women when in church or when praying or performing any spiritual activity.

The anchor scripture in the Holy Bible Christians used for this law as written by Apostle Paul is 1 Corinthians 11 : 2 – 16.

Now, let us look at this portions of the bible with KJV and NIV to see if the Bible really restricted women from going to church or performing any spiritual activities with their “head” or “hair” uncovered.

1 Corinthians 11 : 5 -6 "5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. " - (KJV).

“5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head." – (NIV)

Again let's look at verses 13 – 15 of the scripture.

“13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." – (KJV)

“13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.” – (NIV)

From the above scriptures, the Bible made it clear that a woman who performs any spiritual activity with her “head” uncovered have dishonored her head therefore dishonor her creator. Also the hair of a woman is the woman’s glory and the Bible have made it clear that her “hair” is for the covering of her “head”.

My question now is; did the Bible command women to cover their “hair” while praying? NO.

There’s no place in the Bible that says a woman should cover her “hair” while praying. Please note the two English words “Head” and “Hair”. In the scriptures above, the Holy Bible has repeatedly made it clear that a woman should cover her “head” and not “hair”.

The Bible also in verse 16 of the scripture stated clearly that the long hair of a woman is her glory and for the covering of her HEAD.

Therefore, I stronger oppose the believe that it’s wrong for a woman to go to church or pray with her hair uncovered because the Bible never say so.

A Woman can pray to God with her hair open as long her head is covered with her hairs.

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/what-holy-bible-really-says-about-women-covering-their-head-to-church/

I have a nice writeup there, there is no need for a woman to have her head covered with anything - cloth, handkerchief etc

However, if you read verses 5 and 6 very well, you ll see that just the hair of a woman does not provide the covering mentioned in that chapter. Go thru it once more.

From verse 14, Paul was not stating that a woman's hair provides covering for prayer and prophesying. Nope. He was rather drawing a lesson from nature. That nature offers a lesson of feminine covering her hair. Meaning that naturally, women are given longer hair than the men to signify there submissive position with regards to men. He was not stating that the hair was enough.

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
Fearlez:
the only thing I will be burying is the rotting corpse of my mother
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=aribisala0 post=59053073][/quote] and the son of a dick-swapper keeps insulting his own libertine mother doubly thinking fixing my moniker chages anything!

Fool, while you were typing that post , were not your words "my mother"? So what makes you think you're referring to mine? Hahahaha

Fücking western coward! That's what you get when your parents were busy fücking like wild primates instead of taking time out to invest in your education.

Unfortunate guttersnipe!
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2017
Fearlez:
and the son of a dick-swapper keep insulting his own libertine mother doubly thinking fixing my moniker chages anything!

Fool, while you were typing that post , were not your words "my mother"? So what makes you think you're referring to mine? Hahahaha

Fücking western coward! That's what you get when your parents were busy fücking like wild primates instead of taking time out to invest in your education.

Unfortunate guttersnipe!
You are dry!! Go and bury the biitch
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
aribisala0:
You are dry!! Go and bury the biitch
and the scatterbrained idiot keeps repeating same sentence and line over and over again.

The sperm that formed you must belong to a brain-dead idiot whose only contribution to your life is the weak Bleep of your mother grin grin grin
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
Fearlez:
and the scatterbrained idiot keeps repeating same sentence and line over and over again.

The sperm that formed you must belong to a brain-dead idiot whose only contribution to your life is the weak Bleep of your mother grin grin grin
Have you buried it?
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by Fearlez: 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
aribisala0:
Have you buried it?
is this supposed to be a diss? This boy is as demented as a rabies infected dog.
still yapping like a tormented ape. See how I made you change from a pretentious quack into a seething lunatic trying to even up on the brutal diatribe I unleashed on you.

It is an honour to bury the dead. And it's hoped children bury their parents. So how's this supposed to be a diss?

But your mother will bury you with tears and a broken spirit and she will die alone and lonely with no one to buy her a coffin.

Your corpse shall be rejected at every mortuary it is taken to until it will be dumped on the bare floor of an overcrowded one.
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by aribisala0(m): 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
Fearlez:
is this supposed to be a diss? This boy is as demented as a rabies infected dog.
still yapping like a tormented ape. See how I made you change from a pretentious quack into a seething lunatic trying to even up on the brutal diatribe I unleashed on you.

It is an honour to bury the dead. And it's hoped children bury their parents. So how's this supposed to be a diss?

But your mother will bury you with tears and a broken spirit and she will die alone and lonely with no one to buy her a coffin.

Your corpse shall be rejected at every mortuary it is taken to until it will be dumped on the bare floor of an overcrowded one.

Have you buried it?
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by sambisa5: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Mouthgag:

You're not a true Christian, you're just a hypocrite and a bloody FOOL.

go and sleep jor,,,,, your religion is full of so so trouble,,,,,transfer your agression somewhere else. B aram
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by ArcToyin(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
obagangan:
some people will wake-up with fake doctrine from fake pastors to start there own preaching without allowing the holy spirit to interpret the word of God to them. even Muslim women pray with there head covered.

mumu Christian
Don't always display your ignorance anyhow. The op is right. Because we want to support the larger group does not mean we should not call a spade a spade. It is the head(Shoven one or the one without good looking hair) that needs to b covered. If the woman makes a beautiful hair, no need of coverage.
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by ArcToyin(m): 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
yinkaellamz:
How do you cover your head without covering your hair.
Covering head is optional if the woman is having a fine long hair and not shaven.
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
Oh
shadeyinka:

I am not a Jew!
But you also,

Do you pay tithes?

I'm a Christian. I attend a tithe paying church but based in my personal knowledge I don't really believe in compulsory tithing.
Re: What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church by shadeyinka(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
BrainnewsNg:
Oh

I'm a Christian. I attend a tithe paying church but based in my personal knowledge I don't really believe in compulsory tithing.

But Paul was teaching the Gentile church (Corinthians) and not the Jews

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please I need help. My life is crashing / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like / Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.