Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Life !!! To What End? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Life !!! To What End? (615 Views)

Which Is The Easiest Phase Of Life To Have Sex? University, Streets Or NYSC / See What A Girlfriend Turned My Life To / Orgasm In Women: Clitoris Vs Penis; To What End And Purpose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life !!! To What End? by Linux007(m): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2017
We all have in one way or another tried to come to terms with the following questions about life:, why am i here?, what is my place in the Universe, what is my purpose in this journey of life?. Sometimes the answers elude us, the other time, We are left with no other recourse than to follow the conventional life advice - all the positive self help stuff we hear all the time- which obsessively focus escape on unrealistically positive expectations:, be Happy, be healthier, be best, better than the rest, be smarter, faster, richer, sexier, more popular, more productive, more envied, more admired, be served breakfast on bed as you wake up to your ideal husband while he kisses you and your two kids goodbye as his chaffeur waits in his latest range rover sport to drive him to his wonderfully fulfilling job, where he spends the rest of the day doing incredibly meaningful work that's likely to save the world one day.
Now back to reality, have you ever noticed that thr rich suffer because if thier riches, the poor suffer because of their poverty, peoples without a family suffer because they have no family, people with family suffer because of their family, people who pursue worldy plessure suffer because of their worldy plessure, people who abstain from worldly plessure suffer because of their abstention. So thus goes the question, TO WHAT END?.
I have come across various orientation about living a LIFE as:
'Working very hard to accumulate wealth and the save the world'
'Living a happy and fulfilling life devoid of adversity and sadness'
'Finding the love of my life and (the almighty) - live happy ever after'
This premise that underlines our belief and assumptions that happiness is a solvable equation is a problem. Dissasisfaction and unease is an inherent part of human nature and necessary component to create consistent happiness. What do i mean by this? Am glad u asked, owning a house in lekki is not going to make u happy, you are going to want more, marrying a churchill that will gift u a range rover sport on every birthday anniversary would not guarantee happiness, life itself is a form of suffering, that doesn't mean all suffering are equal, but some are certainly more painfull than others. But we all must suffer nonetheless.
Life sucks huh? My point exactly. The only questions that are important are the once we avoid thinking about because we are scared of the answers we will get.
What is your legacy?
How will you leave the world better when you are gone?
What positive influence have you caused?.
Nairalanders what do you think about this life

2 Likes

Re: Life !!! To What End? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Linux007:
We all have in one way or another tried to come to terms with the following questions about life:, why am i here?, what is my place in the Universe, what is my purpose in this journey of life?. Sometimes the answers elude us, the other time, We are left with no other recourse than to follow the conventional life advice - all the positive self help stuff we hear all the time- which obsessively focus escape on unrealistically positive expectations:, be Happy, be healthier, be best, better than the rest, be smarter, faster, richer, sexier, more popular, more productive, more envied, more admired, be served breakfast on bed as you wake up to your ideal husband while he kisses you and your two kids goodbye as his chaffeur waits in his latest range rover sport to drive him to his wonderfully fulfilling job, where he spends the rest of the day doing incredibly meaningful work that's likely to save the world one day.
Now back to reality, have you ever noticed that thr rich suffer because if thier riches, the poor suffer because of their poverty, peoples without a family suffer because they have no family, people with family suffer because of their family, people who pursue worldy plessure suffer because of their worldy plessure, people who abstain from worldly plessure suffer because of their abstention. So thus goes the question, TO WHAT END?.
I have come across various orientation about living a LIFE as:
'Working very hard to accumulate wealth and the save the world'
'Living a happy and fulfilling life devoid of adversity and sadness'
'Finding the love of my life and (the almighty) - live happy ever after'
This premise that underlines our belief and assumptions that happiness is a solvable equation is a problem. Dissasisfaction and unease is an inherent part of human nature and necessary component to create consistent happiness. What do i mean by this? Am glad u asked, owning a house in lekki is not going to make u happy, you are going to want more, marrying a churchill that will gift u a range rover sport on every birthday anniversary would not guarantee happiness, life itself is a form of suffering, that doesn't mean all suffering are equal, but some are certainly more painfull than others. But we all must suffer nonetheless.
Life sucks huh? My point exactly. The only questions that are important are the once we avoid thinking about because we are scared of the answers we will get.
What is your legacy?
How will you leave the world better when you are gone?
What positive influence have you caused?.
Nairalanders what do you think about this life
I have understood life to be a meaningless struggle, we should not hurt people if they don't deserve it and we should stop chasing vanity.
Re: Life !!! To What End? by theunnamed: 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
ralphyoung123:
I have understood life to be a meaningless struggle, we should not hurt people if they don't deserve it and we should stop chasing vanity.

In retrospect, no one deserves to be hurt...
Re: Life !!! To What End? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
theunnamed:

In retrospect, no one deserves to be hurt...
only on the condition that they asked for it through fucking up

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Tips For Guys: Top 5 Ways To Make A Woman Fall In Love With You / Baba Grossed Through Nairaland Yesterday / Do Guys Cry A Lot In Relationships? ( As In The Case Of Broken Relationships )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.