Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe (10576 Views)

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing / Atheism Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

[s]
He clearly gave you their differences he even stated their different creation stories as an example yet you chose to ascribe it to name only. So Yaweh that created Adam in the garden of Eden is the same as Obatala that started creation in Ille Ife with Oduduwa? According to you the only difference btw Jesus God and Dai lama God is name. Worst of all is that you still use logic in the same sentence. Wow![/s]
Sharrap please
So also, and likewise because some people believe Zuckerberg is an atheist when media says he is not, it means their Zuckerberg is different...ba..

Carry your simpleness away, please.

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

Felixmumu.
DullardMama and DullardPapa

Pristine! grin

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by dalaman: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

Sharrap please
So also, and likewise because some people believe Zuckerberg is an atheist when media says he is not, it means their Zuckerberg is different...ba..

Carry your simpleness away, please.

Name one person that claims Zuckerberg is an athiest.

Is God Obatala that created the first man in Ile ife the same God as Yahweh that created the first man in the garden of Eden?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by dalaman: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

DullardMama and DullardPapa

Pristine! grin

Felixmoron.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

Name one person that claims Zuckerberg is an athiest.

Is God Obatala that created the first man in Ile ife the same God as Yahweh that created the first man in the garden of Eden?

I told you before, even God never called Himself Yahweh
You keep repeating foolishness...

Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by dalaman: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

I told you before, even God never called Himself Yahweh
You keep repeating foolishness...

Kwantinue

You can't name one person that claims Zuckerberg is an atheist.

God called himself Allah. It's inside the Koran his revealed book.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

Felixmoron.
Dullardmama,
Do u have anything more meaningful left?
So that I can adress more sensible comments?

If so, make it quick smiley

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by dalaman: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

Dullardmama,
Do u have anything more meaningful left?
So that I can adress more sensible comments?

If so, make it quick smiley

Felixmoron. How can you ever address anything?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

You can't name one person that claims Zuckerberg is an atheist.

God called himself Allah. It's inside the Koran his revealed book.

Ask Jack bizzle and even seun,
They believe Mark is pretending because of politics....
There are even others who said it here on that famous thread......

Your argument is dead once again ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

Felixmoron. How can you ever address anything?

Empty as usual,

Next, please

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by hopefulLandlord: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

He clearly gave you their differences he even stated their different creation stories as an example yet you chose to ascribe it to name only. So Yaweh that created Adam in the garden of Eden is the same as Obatala that started creation in Ille Ife with Oduduwa? According to you the only difference btw Jesus God and Dai lama God is name. Worst of all is that you still use logic in the same sentence. Wow!

Theists say their god is outside logic and reason, I'm starting to think they're actually talking about themselves

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by dalaman: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

Ask Jack bizzle and even seun,
They believe Mark is pretending because of politics....
There are even others who said it here on that famous thread......

Your argument is dead once again ...

You are lying on them as usual. Mr lie lie.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

You are lying on them as usual. Mr lie lie.

Prove it. Ediort
I thought u said I knew no atheist,

Yeye dey smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

I am sure your English name you is different also from your native name you...
They both have conflict also....
Wow, your logic is really good angry
Do you believe Yahweh started his creation in Ile ife, do you believe in Obatala who created the world with clay, corn and chicken? undecided

When i said conflict, i dont mean name only, i meant everything about the Gods, Allah for example doesn't like people worshiping other Gods beside him, he is always angry about it, the punishment for it is hell fire.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
dalaman:

Don't bother. He already knows. Just displaying his felixmoron credentials.
Lol. grin
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Do you believe Yahweh started his creation in Ile ife, do you believe in Obatala who created the world with clay, corn and chicken? undecided

When i said conflict, i dont mean name only, i meant everything about the Gods, Allah for example doesn't like people worshiping other Gods beside him, he is always angry about it, the punishment for it is hell fire.

Sorry God never called Himself Yahweh.
You may do well to educate yourself about that.

God is not crazy about names.
He is more concerned about our relationship with Him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:

Atheism does not deny the existence of the creator of the universe , it rejects its deification . Atheism does not seek to explain anything , it is NOT a scientific , logical , philosophical position so don't expect anything from it .

Theism is concerned with deification , atheism is concerned with the rejection of deification(atheos , godless , I see nothing as a god ) .

There are theists who reject the existence of the creator of the universe with the belief that deified entities aka gods are denizens of the universe . They believe that there is no conscious entity outside the universe .

In short , The First Cause argument in its true sense is not really a THEISM vs ATHEISM argument , it becomes one IF and only if The First Cause is deified or see as a God . The same with the arguments or reasons to believe that extraterrestrial life exists .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism does not deny the existence of the creator of the universe , it rejects its deification . Atheism does not seek to explain anything , it is NOT a scientific , logical , philosophical position so don't expect anything from it .
Atheism has different definitions in their ideology and philosophy, they lack belief in God(s) since there are no evidence for a supernatural deity.

They make use of logic, science, philosophy to support the in-existence of a supernatural deity.

I can call my phone a god, deifying it and the thing is my phone exist but what happen when a supernatural god cant be found?

Theism is concerned with deification , atheism is concerned with the rejection of deification(atheos , godless , I see nothing as a god ) .
So what exactly is your point here? we are talking about a personal God in every religion, are they the same or different?

There are theists who reject the existence of the creator of the universe with the belief that deified entities aka gods are denizens of the universe . They believe that there is no conscious entity outside the universe .
Some deist believes in a personal God that need worship, they believe their God(the first cause) created everything and left them.

In short , The First Cause argument in its true sense is not really a THEISM vs ATHEISM argument , it becomes one IF and only if The First Cause is deified or see as a God . The same with the arguments or reasons to believe that extraterrestrial life exists .
Lol, so what if i decide to argue about the first cause even when it is not deify or see as a God, is there a law that said we should not argue about the first cause? undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Atheism has different definitions in their ideology and philosophy, they lack belief in God(s) since there are no evidence for a supernatural deity

Is there a general consensus regarding the non existence of a supernatural deity ? No From science ? No From Philosophy ? No From Logic ? No

Why then do you keep repeating this bullsheet ? undecided

Rejecting the existence of a supernatural being is not necessarily what atheism is . Like I earlier said , there are theists who reject the existence of a conscious separate entity outside the universe .

One is an atheist when he does not see anything - abstract or concrete - as a deity . Simple

If there is a greater universe outside this one and there are beings in them whose existence cannot be explained by science , shouldn't we call them supernatural beings ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Is there a general consensus regarding the non existence of a supernatural deity ? No From science ? No From Philosophy ? No From Logic ? No
Lol, ideology differs, the more reason people argue about the existence/inexistence of a supernatural being.

Why then do you keep repeating this bullsheet ? undecided
I don't think we have engaged in arguments before, so what bullshit am I repeating? undecided cheesy

Rejecting the existence of a supernatural being is not necessarily what atheism is . Like I earlier said , there are theists who reject the existence of a conscious separate entity outside the universe .
So what if an atheist rejects the existence of a god, will you go and beat him? I'm not understanding, are you the one setting rules? The last time I checked atheism don't have rules.

Atheism lack belief in god(s), lack there means they dont need any god.

Most theist still believes there is a first cause.

One is an atheist when he does not see anything - abstract or concrete - as a deity . Simple
Are you the Mr dictionary? grin

If there is a greater universe outside this one and there are beings in them whose existence cannot be explained by science , shouldn't we call them supernatural beings ?
Why should we call them or assume them to be supernatural being? undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry God never called Himself Yahweh.
You may do well to educate yourself about that.

God is not crazy about names.
He is more concerned about our relationship with Him

You're shifting from the question I asked you, Is Olorun the Yoruba God the same as Yahweh the Hebrew God?

Why are you not concern about the characters of these Gods?

And for you info, you can't use the word Yahweh or Obatala when praying Islamic prayer solat(namaz).
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
I like, no...LOVE how half of this thread is just felixomor being flogged. I think this argument has been covered several times anyway, I also think your argument kingebuka was answered in another thread you made. I think one thing that might help you op is to realise that atheism is not a religion, the base commonality that atheists have is simply a lack of belief in god or gods, anyone is free to believe anything else they wish and still be atheist.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
You're shifting from the question I asked you, Is Olorun the Yoruba God the same as Yahweh the Hebrew God?

Why are you not concern about the characters of these Gods?

And for you info, you can't use the word Yahweh or Obatala when praying Islamic prayer solat(namaz).
You are the one shifting upandan
Who are you calling Yahweh?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
LightandDarkness:
I like, no...LOVE [s]how half of this thread is just felixomor being flogged. I think this argument has been covered several times anyway, I also think your argument kingebuka was answered in another thread you made. I think one thing that might help you op is to realise that atheism is not a religion, the base commonality that atheists have is simply a lack of belief in god or gods, anyone is free to believe anything else they wish and still be atheist[/s].

Always talking nonsense
How does this your trash help atheism to explain the beginning of the universe?
Mxsheww undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

You are the one shifting upandan
Who are you calling Yahweh?

Jesus daddy. undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Jesus daddy. undecided

Are you confused? The father of Jesus as you knew him was Joseph. Was Jesus called Jesus before he was born?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

Always talking nonsense
How does this your trash help atheism to explain the beginning of the universe?
Mxsheww undecided

Because there is a large diversity of opinions among atheists, atheism cannot and does not offer a single explanation for the origin of the universe, that is up to the individual atheist. Atheist A can believe the big bang theory is valid, Atheist B might believe the world was created from the sperm of an alien race in a separate universe. I would think the flogging you received on this thread was enough for you but don't worry, I am not in the mood for long arguments tonight grin
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Because there is a large diversity of opinions among atheists, atheism cannot and does not offer a single explanation for the origin of the universe, that is up to the individual atheist. Atheist A can believe the big bang theory is valid, Atheist B might believe the world was created from the sperm of an alien race in a separate universe. I would think the flogging you received on this thread was enough for you but don't worry, I am not in the mood for long arguments tonight grin

Speak for yourself then. How would you say the universe came to be? Let's hear your own version of creation from your personal atheistic view.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Are you confused? The father of Jesus as you knew him was Joseph. Was Jesus called Jesus before he was born?
According to Christians, the daddy of Jesus Christ is in heaven, the Jewish God.

Before Jesus was born, an angle appeared to Mary to name the child Jesus.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Speak for yourself then. How would you say the universe came to be? Let's hear your own version of creation from your personal atheistic view.

As I said before, I am not interested. I have argued my position with many people on this thread before and I do not wish to sit and type page long repeats of arguments, defences etc I have stated before. If not that I had to laugh at the annihilation of Dr Omor I would have ignored this thread grin grin grin
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
According to Christians, the daddy of Jesus Christ is in heaven, the Jewish God.

Before Jesus was born, an angle appeared to Mary to name the child Jesus.

You are still messing yourself up. According to Christians the father of J E S U S is Joseph. Before he was born was he known as Jesus? How can You lay claim to knowing his divine paternity when you never knew him before he was born and neither did you know his name before he was born and given an earthly name.

Was he ever spiritually conceived to enable him have a spiritual father?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
LightandDarkness:

As I said before, I am not interested. I have argued my position with many people on this thread before and I do not wish to sit and type page long repeats of arguments, defences etc I have stated before. If not that I had to laugh at the annihilation of Dr Omor I would have ignored this thread grin grin grin

So sorry but I have seen no annihilation being done here. All I see are just illogical comments being dropped by atheists.

Since I am not privy to your previous arguments why not indulge me and share with me your view of how the universe began.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don’t Give Up (your Breaking Point Is Your Breakthrough Point) / Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? / The Experience Lagos 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.