Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe (10577 Views)

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing / Atheism Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by malvisguy212: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Allah was a God among the ancient Arabian Gods. Arabs were also pagans before Allah took over as the only God.

Are you satisfied?
what happened to you ? are you an atheist ? please don't be an atheist.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
malvisguy212:
I'm not an atheist, just religious skeptic and agnostic.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
malvisguy212:

what difference does it make? according to luvmijeje and other fanatics Muslims, Catholic, pagans and atheists are going to the same place.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Are you making sense at all? What language was the bible originally written? I don't believe in stories in the bible, they are filled with fantasy and fictions.

Stan Lee is well known to be the author of most Marvel comic books in the 60s, do you believe in the super heroes in the comics? One of his early comic he wrote was captain America, do believe in captain America story?
You have shot yourself in the foot
So if I decide to publish a book in english it automatically means that i am from england abi?

You can see that your logic is going to the dust bin?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by malvisguy212: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
I'm not an atheist, just religious skeptic and agnostic.
alright, be very careful.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by malvisguy212: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

what difference does it make? according to luvmijeje and other fanatics Muslims, Catholic, pagans and atheists are going to the same place.
I don't think you believe in yourself, if you don't, how can you believe in God existence ?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
malvisguy212:
I don't think you believe in yourself, if you don't, how can you believe in God existence ?

what has this trash you typed got to do with my statement?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

You have shot yourself in the foot
So if I decide to publish a book in english it automatically means that i am from england abi?

You can see that your logic is going to the dust bin?
SMH.

You are comparing modern age to ancient age, England has colonized some countries and these countries have adopted their language, so no that won't make you an English man but the name of the author can be use to trace it origin. E.g Wole Soyinka wrote his books in English but from his name we know he is of Yoruba tribe in Nigeria, we don't need Sherlock Holmes to tell us the book author came from Nigeria.

Looking at the bible, the names of writers of the bible were credited in the bible and they are Hebrew/Jews, can you tell me any Chinese man that wrote the bible?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
SMH.

You are comparing modern age to ancient age, England has colonized some countries and these countries have adopted their language, so no that won't make you an English man but the name of the author can be use to trace it origin. E.g Wole Soyinka wrote his books in English but from his name we know he is of Yoruba tribe in Nigeria, we don't need Sherlock Holmes to tell us the book author came from Nigeria.

Looking at the bible, the names of writers of the bible were credited in the bible and they are Hebrew/Jews, can you tell me any Chinese man that wrote the bible?

You see yourself,
You think England was the first to start colonialism?
Or you think colonialism wasnt around in ancient times?

And your second excuse is lame as well
If I erase wole soyinka from your anedoctal book and put my name, what can you do to verify....?

Cant u see you are grasping straws now?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

You see yourself,
You think England was the first to start colonialism?
Or you think colonialism wasnt around in ancient times?
Did I said England was the first to start colonization? undecided

New testament was said to be written in Greek and some other language, does that mean the writers were Greeks? Even Paul that claim to be roman citizen was still a Jew.

And your second excuse is lame as well
If I erase wole soyinka from your anedoctal book and put my name, what can you do to verify....?

Cant u see you are grasping straws now?
So from your logic, you wake up in the morning and claim you wrote wole Soyinka published books ? Oh nice. grin That's copyright infringement.

By your logic again, are you saying the writers of bible are not originally the writers?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Did I said England was the first to start colonization? undecided

New testament was said to be written in Greek, does that mean the writers were Greeks? Even Paul that claim to be roman citizen was still a Jew.

So from your logic, you wake up in the morning and claim you wrote wole Soyinka published books ? Oh nice. grin That's copyright infringement.

By your logic again, are you saying the writers of bible are not originally the writers?
See your self
You are the one who first said the language the bible was written in tells you the people were Isrealites.
Now u are reversing and attacking your own logic.

Also,
How do you know Paul is real?
Simple
You have been beating around the bush?
You are quoting Paul, yet u say the book you found his name first is false,
Cant you see your hypocrisy?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

See your self
You are the one who first said the language the bible was written in tells you the people were Isrealites.
Now u are reversing and attacking your own logic.
Are the bible authors not from Israel?, I don't understand where your argument is heading. undecided

Also,
How do you know Paul is real?
Simple
Where did i said he is real? Do I care about someone who claim to see an imaginary vision along the road.

I'm just replying with what the bible entails.

You have been beating around the bush?
You are quoting Paul, yet u say the book you found his name first is false,
Cant you see your hypocrisy?
SMH, now I know why they call you felixmoron(no offense).

I asked you if you believe in captain America existence, you skipped it. So because I quote apostle Paul means I believe he's real? If you quote batman do you automatically believe he's real?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Are the bible authors not from Israel?, I don't understand where your argument is heading. undecided

Where did i said he is real? Do I care about someone who claim to see an imaginary vision along the road.

I'm just replying with what the bible entails.

SMH, now I know why they call you felixmoron(no offense).

I asked you if you believe in captain America existence, you skipped it. So because I quote apostle Paul means I believe he's real? If you quote batman do you automatically believe he's real?

Your 1st line: Are the bible wiriters not from Israel?
Your 2nd line: U r asking where u said Paul is real, when ur first sentence universally says he is from israel.

You are confused. Sorry

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

Your 1st line: Are the bible wiriters not from Israel?
Your 2nd line: U r asking where u said Paul is real, when ur first sentence universally says he is from israel.

You are confused. Sorry
Perter parker(Spiderman) is from new York, U.S, is he real?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Perter parker(Spiderman) is from new York, U.S, is he real?
We know the man who wrote and authored spiderman
Its copyrighted as sci-fiction
Stop clutching straws....

Is Paul real?
Simple question

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

We know the man who wrote and authored spiderman
Its copyrighted as sci-fiction
Stop clutching straws....
Good, since Spiderman is sci-fiction then the bible stories are legends, myth. Reason because both spiderman comic and bible does not have evidence for their stories.

Is Paul real?
Simple question
Nope, I don't believe he's real.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Good, since Spiderman is sci-fiction then the bible stories are legends, myth. Reason because both spiderman comic and bible does not have evidence for their stories.

Nope, I don't believe he's real.

So because spider man is fiction,
The bible is fiction.....
Lol
Please how old are you?

Have u heard of fallacy of hasty generalization?
Please Google it.

And then there are several archeological evidences that show Paul existed.
Even secular critics and historians now admit that Jesus and Paul existed..

Even muslims agree that Paul existed.
I hope u can now see that the world has left u behind?

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

Lol
Please how old are you?

Please Google it.

I told him he is like someone born in the stone age but argues that he knows how an Android device functions. The guy isn't worth your time.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
butterflylion:

I told him he is like someone born in the stone age but argues that he knows how an Android device functions. The guy isn't worth your time.
Lmao grin
Honestly
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

Lol
Please how old are you?

Please Google it.
The bible is fiction because the stories are not universally accepted to be historical, e.g Moses, he does not even exist in Egypt history, there is no records of Moses in Egypt nor the splitting of the sea.

Lol, Paul only exist in the circle of Abrahamic religion, Paul biography is not accurate, there is no much about his life time. The character Paul contradict itself in the bible. Paul letters are agreed by scholars to be forgeries, invented, Jesus has been classified to be a myth, so Paul full chance of being real can't be found and not universally accepted. So why should i believe such person is real?

And about Muslims, lol, Muslims also believes in fictions and Paul is a fraud to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
author=tintingz post=59313950]The bible is fiction because the stories are not universally accepted to be historical, e.g Moses, he does not even exist in Egypt history, there is no records of Moses in Egypt nor the splitting of the sea.

Read and stop being ignorant.

http://wyattmuseum.com/discovering/red-sea-crossing

https://www.preteristarchive.com/Ancient_Revelations/epigraphy/egypt_exodus-crossing.html

Lol, Paul only exist in the circle of Abrahamic religion, Paul biography is not accurate, there is no much about his life time. The character Paul contradict itself in the bible. Paul letters are agreed by scholars to be forgeries, invented, Jesus has been classified to be a myth, so Paul full chance of being real can't be found and not is universally accepted. So why should i believe such person is real?

And about Muslims, lol, Muslims also believes in fictions and Paul is a fraud to them.

Read below. Note the different names all giving the same testimony about the same Paul you said never existed. Of course Muslims would never agree to anything that discredits their much hallowed only fit for the toilet Quran.

If Paul never existed then I suppose all these sources decided to hold a meeting and cook up stories right? Perhaps they beheaded an imposter as Muslims also believe someone else died in place of Jesus. grin

Paul's death is described in a number of sources:

I Clement (95–96 AD) suggests that both Paul and Peter were martyred.

There is an early tradition found in the writing of Ignatius, probably around 110 AD, that Paul was martyred.

Dionysius of Corinth, in a letter to the Romans (166–174 AD), stated that Paul and Peter were martyred in Italy. Eusebius also cites the Dionysius passage.

The Acts of Paul, an apocryphal work written around 160, describes the martyrdom of Paul. According to the Acts of Paul, Nero condemned Paul to death by decapitation.

Tertullian in his Prescription Against Heretics (200 AD) writes that Paul had a similar death to that of John the Baptist, who was beheaded.

Eusebius of Caesarea in his Church History (320 AD) testifies that Paul was beheaded in Rome and Peter crucified. He wrote that the tombs of these two apostles, with their inscriptions, were extant in his time; and quotes as his authority a holy man of the name of Caius.

Lactantius wrote that Nero "crucified Peter, and slew Paul." (318 AD)

Jerome in his De Viris Illustribus (On Illustrious Men) (392 AD) states that Paul was beheaded at Rome.

John Chrysostom (c. 349–407) wrote that Nero knew Paul personally and had him killed.
Sulpicius Severus says Nero killed Peter and Paul. (403 AD)
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
The bible is fiction because the stories are not universally accepted to be historical, e.g Moses, he does not even exist in Egypt history, there is no records of Moses in Egypt nor the splitting of the sea.

Lol, Paul only exist in the circle of Abrahamic religion, Paul biography is not accurate, there is no much about his life time. The character Paul contradict itself in the bible. Paul letters are agreed by scholars to be forgeries, invented, Jesus has been classified to be a myth, so Paul full chance of being real can't be found and not universally accepted. So why should i believe such person is real?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

Even wikipedia talks about Jesus and the authenticity of his history.....

Go and cure your ignorance.
You are the only fraud here.
No wonder someone said you are not worth the time
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
butterflylion:

Read and stop being ignorant.

http://wyattmuseum.com/discovering/red-sea-crossing

https://www.preteristarchive.com/Ancient_Revelations/epigraphy/egypt_exodus-crossing.html
You are quoting from a Jehovah witness-like site to prove Moses and the crossing of sea exist/happened?

How can people cross the sea that is deep with rocks?

The scholarly consensus is that the figure of Moses is legendary, and not historical,[8] although a "Moses-like figure" may have existed somewhere in the southern Transjordan in the mid-13th century BC.[31] Certainly no Egyptian sources mention Moses or the events of Exodus-Deuteronomy, nor has any archaeological evidence been discovered in Egypt or the Sinai wilderness to support the story in which he is the central figure.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

Read below. Note the different names all giving the same testimony about the same Paul you said never existed. Of course Muslims would never agree to anything that discredits their much hallowed only fit for the toilet Quran.

If Paul never existed then I suppose all these sources decided to hold a meeting and cook up stories right? Perhaps they beheaded an imposter as Muslims also believe someone else died in place of Jesus. grin

Paul's death is described in a number of sources:

I Clement (95–96 AD) suggests that both Paul and Peter were martyred.

There is an early tradition found in the writing of Ignatius, probably around 110 AD, that Paul was martyred.

Dionysius of Corinth, in a letter to the Romans (166–174 AD), stated that Paul and Peter were martyred in Italy. Eusebius also cites the Dionysius passage.

The Acts of Paul, an apocryphal work written around 160, describes the martyrdom of Paul. According to the Acts of Paul, Nero condemned Paul to death by decapitation.

Tertullian in his Prescription Against Heretics (200 AD) writes that Paul had a similar death to that of John the Baptist, who was beheaded.

Eusebius of Caesarea in his Church History (320 AD) testifies that Paul was beheaded in Rome and Peter crucified. He wrote that the tombs of these two apostles, with their inscriptions, were extant in his time; and quotes as his authority a holy man of the name of Caius.

Lactantius wrote that Nero "crucified Peter, and slew Paul." (318 AD)

Jerome in his De Viris Illustribus (On Illustrious Men) (392 AD) states that Paul was beheaded at Rome.

John Chrysostom (c. 349–407) wrote that Nero knew Paul personally and had him killed.
Sulpicius Severus says Nero killed Peter and Paul. (403 AD)

I don't know this people, who are they?

And do you agree Paul letters were forgery, invented?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
You are quoting from a Jehovah witness-like site to prove Moses and the crossing of sea exist/happened?

How can people cross the sea that is deep with rocks?

The scholarly consensus is that the figure of Moses is legendary, and not historical,[8] although a "Moses-like figure" may have existed somewhere in the southern Transjordan in the mid-13th century BC.[31] Certainly no Egyptian sources mention Moses or the events of Exodus-Deuteronomy, nor has any archaeological evidence been discovered in Egypt or the Sinai wilderness to support the story in which he is the central figure.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

I don't know this people, who are they?

And do you agree Paul letters were forgery, invented?

Do you agree that your writings and thoughts behind your writings are invented and a forgery?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

Even wikipedia talks about Jesus and the authenticity of his history.....

Go and cure your ignorance.
You are the only fraud here.
No wonder someone said you are not worth the time
Did you also search for this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

In this article it says there is no physical and archaeological evidence for Jesus.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

The existence of Jesus is still on debate and there is no genuine evidence to prove he existed, the only reason some scholars argued he existed was because there are some stories about Jesus written by three non-christians and one of it(Josephus) is not even entirely genuine.

With all these you expect me to accept Jesus christ exist/existed, Even if I agree he existed he's not a divine person because a divine person should have enough evidence for his existence with no argument.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
butterflylion:

Do you agree that your writings and thoughts behind your writings are invented and a forgery?
Same question goes to you.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Did you also search for this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

In this article it says there is no physical and archaeological evidence for Jesus.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

The existence of Jesus is still on debate and there is no genuine evidence to prove he existed, the only reason some scholars argued he existed was because there are some stories about Jesus written by three non-christians and one of it(Josephus) is not even entirely genuine.

With all these you expect me to accept Jesus christ exist/existed, Even if I agree he existed he's not a divine person because a divine person should have enough evidence for his existence with no argument.

This is what the article you sited states

"In modern scholarship, the Christ Myth Theory is a fringe theory not supported by any tenured specialists in biblical criticism or cognate disciplines."

It's like you also have a reading problem.
And i can see you are now trying to shift goal post by saying 'even if he existed"

What a joke!
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

This is what the article you sited states

"In modern scholarship, the Christ Myth Theory is a fringe theory not supported by any tenured specialists in biblical criticism or cognate disciplines."

It's like you also have a reading problem.
And i can see you are now trying to shift goal post by saying 'even if he existed"

What a joke!
I have stated why some scholars argued he existed.

ok, they dont support it, agreed, do they support this?

There is no physical or archaeological evidence for Jesus. All sources are documentary, mainly Christian writings, such as the gospels and the purported letters of the apostles.

Jesus story is the joke. smiley
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
I have stated why some scholars argued he existed.

ok, they dont support it, agreed, do they support this?

There is no physical or archaeological evidence for Jesus. All sources are documentary, mainly Christian writings, such as the gospels and the purported letters of the apostles.

Jesus story is the joke. smiley

Quiet please,

I gave you article that sited at least four secular historians and you are still uttering gibberish by saying that evidences are "Christian writings"?
Do you have a Reading problem?
You are using a theory backed up with nothing
Not even a critic scholar.
Shame!

And what other evidence do you need from as far back as 30 AD other than documentation?
Were there videos then?
Its also documentation that helps us to know people like Abraham lincoln and Christopher Columbus existed...
There were no videos or photos then

And on archeological evidence:
You have been telling lies
http://www.icr.org/article/has-archaeological-evidence-for-jesus-been-discove/

Stop acting dense to cover your tracks
Chai undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

Quiet please,

I gave you article that sited at least four secular historians and you are still uttering gibberish by saying that evidences are "Christian writings"?
Do you have a Reading problem?
You are using a theory backed up with nothing
Not even a critic scholar.
Shame!

And what other evidence do you need from as far back as 30 AD other than documentation?
Were there videos then?
Its also documentation that helps us to know people like Abraham lincoln and Christopher Columbus existed...
There were no videos or photos then

And on archeological evidence:
You have been telling lies
http://www.icr.org/article/has-archaeological-evidence-for-jesus-been-discove/

Stop acting dense to cover your tracks
Chai undecided
Archaeological evidence of Abraham Lincoln exist, there are real pictures taken by photographers during his time, there are writtens and signature of Abraham Lincoln, these alone without mentioning other evidence is the physical and archaeological evidence for Abraham Lincoln, don't compare this to Jesus that his archaeological evidence cannot be found, there should be something physical to prove Jesus existed. Don't be dumb.

The article you provided does not even state the archaeological evidence of Jesus, the site is even a christian site smh. undecided

The biblical critics scholars might not support the myth theory but they can't deny there is no archaeological evidence for Jesus, and besides there are various critics scholars that find evidence of Jesus weak.

And I will say it again, even if Jesus existed, he's not a divine person like Christians claim.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
tintingz:
Archaeological evidence of Abraham Lincoln exist, there are real pictures taken by photographers during his time, there are writtens and signature of Abraham Lincoln these alone without mentioning other evidence is the physical and archaeological evidence for Abraham Lincoln, don't compare this to Jesus that his archaelogican evidence cannot be found, there should be something physical to prove Jesus existed. Don't be dumb.

The article you provided does not even state the archaeological evidence of Jesus, the site is even a christian site smh. undecided

The biblical critics scholars might not support the myth theory but they can't deny there is no archaeological evidence for Jesus, and besides there are various critics scholars that find evidence of Jesus weak.

And I will say it again, even if Jesus existed, he's not a divine person like Christians claim

@ the bolded
Are u trying to now chicken out of your initial myth argument?
I guess u have seen the foolishness in it.
But u are too proud to admit directly...
U cant even offer a single credible name or argument that counters the secular scholars and historians who have confirmed the history of Jesus

Its unfortunate it took almost 2 days to open your eyes
To see the foolishness in your myth argument
Even in an internet era
What a shame!
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
felixomor:

@ the bolded
Are u trying to now chicken out of your initial myth argument?
I guess u have seen the foolishness in it.
But u are too proud to admit directly...
U cant even offer a single credible name or argument that counters the secular scholars and historians who have confirmed the history of Jesus

Its unfortunate it took almost 2 days to open your eyes
To see the foolishness in your myth argument
Even in an internet era
What a shame!
It is not chicken out, it shows your deity Jesus Christ was just a human after all.

A divine person existed and doesn't have any physical evidence, what a joke! grin

Do the secular scorlars said they found Jesus archaeological evidence eh? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? / The Experience Lagos 2012 / In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.