Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe (10560 Views)

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing / Atheism Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Should i quote your past comments? Your jumbo dumbo era?

And like i saud, you probably went blind to felixomor, ishitlove and anallices vulgar tirades

Oh, I can see how you comfortably left out your activities before u were named jumbo dumbo.....

Mscheww undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
felixomor:

Oh, I can see how you comfortably left out your activities before u were named jumbo dumbo.....

Mscheww undecided

Felixomoron
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Should i quote your past comments? Your jumbo dumbo era?

And like i saud, you probably went blind to felixomor, ishitlove and anallices vulgar tirades

Jumbo means big and Dumbo is a person who is actually intelligent but the intelligence is hidden behind the clumsiness and craziness. This was derived from the Walt Disney elephant character named Dumbo. So you see mine was not actually insultive but was a hidden advice which if you had simply asked I would have told you.

I repeat Christians are not into what you allege. You atheists take the crown and dig such holes for yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
JackBizzle:

Felixomoron
Ayuwa
And you showed your colour first again

Fake muslim 5k scammer undecided
Shame on you!
Tufia

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 5:51am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Jumbo means big and Dumbo is a person who is actually intelligent but the intelligence is hidden behind the clumsiness and craziness. This was derived from the Walt Disney elephant character named Dumbo. So you see mine was not actually insultive but was a hidden advice which if you had simply asked I would have told you.

I repeat Christians are not into what you allege. You atheists take the crown and dig such holes for yourselves.

.read your comments on this thread and weep
https://www.nairaland.com/3993700/please-me-clear-mind-issue/9#59624047
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 5:52am On Sep 07, 2017
felixomor:

Ayuwa
And you showed your colour first again

Fake muslim 5k scammer undecided
Shame on you!
Tufia

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 7:16am On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

.read your comments on this thread and weep
https://www.nairaland.com/3993700/please-me-clear-mind-issue/9#59624047

Thanks for posting that link. At least you have shown now even on that link that atheists ALWAYS originate vulgarity and invectives. Right from page 1 of that thread frank317 opened the flood doors. And last time I checked, he is an atheist. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 7:18am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Thanks for posting that link. At least you have shown now even on that link that atheists ALWAYS originate vulgarity and invectives. Right from page 1 of that thread frank317 opened the flood doors. And last time I checked, he is an atheist. grin

Lol grin
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 7:21am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Frank was reacting to one of your ilk. And your comments there were not holy.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 7:27am On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Frank was reacting to one of your ilk. And your comments there were not holy.

you seem not to get it. Frank was reacting to the very first comments and you would read well to read his comments.

My comment which came long after Franks shows I met invectives already especially since atheist Frank began it.

My comments being holy or not isn't the discussion! The discussion is WHO ALWAYS BEGINS INVECTIVES AND CAUSES CHRISTIANS TO RESPOND IN KIND.

If I call you Jumbo Dumbo now I am still sure you would call it an invective despite explaining it to you grin
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

you seem not to get it. Frank was reacting to the very first comments and you would read well to read his comments.

My comment which came long after Franks shows I met invectives already especially since atheist Frank began it.

My comments being holy or not isn't the discussion! The discussion is WHO ALWAYS BEGINS INVECTIVES AND CAUSES CHRISTIANS TO RESPOND IN KIND.

If I call you Jumbo Dumbo now I am still sure you would call it an invective despite explaining it to you grin

Keep shifting goal posts. You tried to say that it was atheists that used invectives. I pointed it out that you and yout ilk are not innocent.

Frank317 attacked analice first but he was not vulgar analice was forst with vulgarity.

Abeg shift with your lies
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Keep shifting goal posts. You tried to say that it was atheists that used invectives. I pointed it out that you and yout ilk are not innocent.

Frank317 attacked analice first but he was not vulgar analice was forst with vulgarity.

Abeg shift with your lies

You are the one lying now. Check my comment to you earlier. Let me post it

butterflylion:

Christians are never the cause of such. Even here if I was not in control of myself I would have responded in kind with the vulgarities YOU BEGAN.

or did you not BEGIN the vulgarity and insults right here and right now?

I am sure you can see BEGAN and BEGIN in capitals and the word "cause" ba?

My comment was on who always begins the assaults and you know even as a guilty party when you spoke about ishilove as ishitlove and analice as anal-ice here that atheists ALWAYS DO!

Go get some rest. grin

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

My comment was on who always begins the assaults and you know even as a guilty party when you spoke about ishilove as ishitlove and analice as anal-ice here that atheists ALWAYS DO!

Go get some rest. grin

Ogneni. Read your first comment that i quoted
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Ishilove: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Go get some rest. grin
Don't mind the bloody troublemaker. He goes around posting crap about users and when they respond, he types more rubbish from his anal cavity.

Me I don't kuku have any of their time. Any day it enters my head I will take all of them to the cleaners. We come here to get distracted from our daily struggles and if a bunch of mannerless, uncouth people want to make it uncomfortable for me, well then, they will be set straight.

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Don't mind the bloody troublemaker. He goes around posting crap about users and when they respond, he types more rubbish from his anal cavity.

Me I don't kuku have any of their time. Any day it enters my head I will take all of them to the cleaners. We come here to get distracted from our daily struggles and if a bunch of mannerless, uncouth people want to make it uncomfortable for me, well then, they will be set straight.

Leave that blue balls hoarder. When he knows he no longer is being taken seriously by anyone anymore he now wants to use controversy to gain popularity cheesy

Even the controversy sef he no sabi package am.

Abeg time is valuable and not worth spending on Dumbo.

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Ishilove: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Leave that blue balls hoarder. When he knows he no longer is being taken seriously by anyone anymore he now wants to use controversy to gain popularity cheesy

You are very wise. I stopped giving him the time of the day a long time ago, and when I decided to ration him a small portion of my attention, I discovered that he is still the same immature, pain in the neck so I am back to ignore mode.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Cc butterflylion

No one takes ishilove seriously. The bytch of Nairaland. Insults people but claims victim when she gets insulted.

Pls go and run to your mod boyfriend to console you. Everyone knows your style.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Blue balls? Lol keep projecting your poverty induced life. Lonely church rat
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Cc butterflylion

No one takes ishilove seriously. The bytch of Nairaland. Insults people but claims victim when she gets insulted.

Stop mentioning me as if I am some pillar you lean on for support.

Be a man and stand on your own and speak for yourself without typing Cc everywhere.

I already told ishilove that I have better things to do with my time than engage dumbos.

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Ishilove: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Cc butterflylion

Every female member of your family are the bytches, not I.

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 11:37am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Be a man and stand on your own and speak for yourself without typing Cc everywhere.

I already told ishilove that I have better things to do with my time than engage dumbos.

Like you didnt follow me to another thread to engage me?

Hypocrite
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 11:37am On Sep 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Blue balls? Lol keep projecting your poverty induced life. Lonely church rat

OK thanks. You can now give attention to more profitable things to your life.

Bye

2 Likes

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by JackBizzle: 11:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

grin

I like it when you are pained. Bytchface
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 11:40am On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Ishilove ignore him. He is defunct. Consider him obsolete and not worth downgrading for.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Ishilove: 11:40am On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Lmaaaaoooooo!!!! Your mouth na acid cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Ishilove: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
butterflylion:

Ishilove ignore him. He is defunct. Consider him obsolete and not worth downgrading for.
Lol. I totally concur.

He is ignored.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe

The Achillies heel of atheism is the beginning of the universe, which points us to a transcendent cause outside of space, time and matter that brought these things into being in the first place. Below is the link that explains why atheism fails to account for the beginning of our universe.

http://reasonsforjesus.com/atheism-fails-explain-beginning-universe/

By James Bishop - January 3, 2017

By James Bishop| My intent here is to briefly touch on the troubles that a universe with a beginning has for atheists, especially for their proposed explanations.

The beginning of our universe is evidently troubling for atheists judging by their responses. For a start philosophical reasoning shows that it is not possible to have an infinite regress of past events. Couple that with persuasive scientific evidence from cosmic expansion and the second law of thermodynamics, and we needn't doubt that the universe had its finite beginning in the Big Bang.

According to prominent cosmologist Paul Davies, "the big bang represents the creation event; the creation not only of all the matter and energy in the universe, but also of spacetime itself" (1). Atheist scientist Stephen Hawking chimes in that "almost everyone now believes that the universe, and time itself, had a beginning at the big bang" (2).

Atheists, however, have traditionally believed that the universe never had a beginning but that it had existed eternally. According to some contemporary atheists, "Religious humanists regard the universe as self-existing and not created" (3). However, as noted this is problematic both philosophically and scientifically.

Next to no expert in the field accepts an eternal universe and no evidence has proven convincing to cosmologists, as Robin Schumacher realizes,

"ATHEISM'S STRUGGLE IS TO EXPLAIN HOW THE UNIVERSE IS ETERNAL WHEN ALL SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY SHOWS IT HAD A BEGINNING." (4)

Other atheists like Lewis Wolpert more honestly admit that "there’s the whole problem of where the universe itself came from," and then asks "How did that all happen? I haven't got a clue" (5). I suppose many atheists leave it at that and put it on the back burner until hopefully the dilemma is resolved one day.

Moreover, I think Stephen Hawking is quite informative in saying that:

"MANY PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA THAT TIME HAS A BEGINNING, PROBABLY BECAUSE IT SMACKS OF DIVINE INTERVENTION." (6)

Of course it smacks of divine intervention precisely because we are dealing with a creation event from nothing, and that could only be reasonably explained by a new effect brought about by a personal creator.

I’d further argue that claimed ignorance can be lazy since it merely refuses to adopt a position (either the universe began to exist or it did not) and have to explain how it sits with one's atheism. It's far easier to pretend that something is not a problem than actually have to grapple with it.

Then there are the typically more irrational efforts in dealing with the dilemma. Atheist philosopher Daniel Dennett agrees that the universe has a cause and that it began to exist a finite time ago, but he then argues that the cause of the universe is itself (7).

This is clearly irrational for he is essentially saying that the universe had to already exist in order to bring itself into existence. It would have to exist before it existed! His view is therefore logically incoherent.

Another atheist in a video he released essentially argues that the universe came into being from nothing. This is irrational for the very reason that things that do not exist cannot bring other things into existence nor bring itself into existence.

Something which does not exist has no creative power, nor the essential properties, to bring anything into existence. Philosopher William Lane Craig thus explains, "suppose something could come into being from nothing. If that were the case then it is inexplicable why just anything and everything doesn't pop into being out of nothing. But no-one here tonight is worried that while you’re listening to this debate a horse may have popped into being uncaused out of nothing in your living room, and is there defiling the carpet right now as we speak" (8.)

Craig concludes that:

"TO SUGGEST THAT THINGS COULD JUST POP INTO BEING UNCAUSED OUT OF NOTHING IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN MAGIC. IT IS TO QUIT DOING SERIOUS PHILOSOPHY AND APPEAL TO MAGIC… WHEN THE MAGICIAN PULLS A RABBIT OUT OF THE HAT, AT LEAST YOU HAVE THE MAGICIAN." (9)

Finally, Stephen Hawking proposes that the origin of the universe is explainable by the law of gravity, "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing" (10). Again, this is problematic for several reasons.

Firstly, laws are by definition descriptive in the way that they describe nature and how the physical world functions. However, they are clearly powerless to bring anything into existence, as professor John Lennox notes, "Laws themselves do not create anything, they are merely a description of what happens under certain conditions" (11).

That's pretty much the sinker for Hawking's proposal but, on a further note, Hawking is already assuming that something exists, namely gravity. So when Hawking says "the universe can and will create itself from nothing" he doesn't actually mean nothing in the sense of no thing which is the complete absence of space, time and matter.

Instead according to him gravity already exists, and because gravity exists the universe can be brought into existence. So Hawking hasn't made a single step in the direction of explaining how the universe can come into existence from nothing.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11am On Dec 18, 2017
modelmike7:

Only a fool believes that there is no GOD.....

Correct. wink
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22am On Feb 07, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

The Achillies heel of atheism is the beginning of the universe, which points us to a transcendent cause outside of space, time and matter that brought these things into being in the first place. Below is the link that explains why atheism fails to account for the beginning of our universe.

http://reasonsforjesus.com/atheism-fails-explain-beginning-universe/

Did the universe just pop into existence uncaused out of nothing? It used to not exist, and then all of a sudden it began to exist. Here is how atheism fails to explain the beginning of our universe:

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2023
Debate

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
If Darwin's book was not racist with it's title, why remove it from the front cover? Why not teach about his racist comments that he made as well? It's because this idea would have been exposed for what it really was about. ~ Issac

Source

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atheism: The “No-God” Religion / I Condemn The Paris Attack / Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.