Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (379993 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Duuzsz(m): 12:57am On Dec 21, 2019
xcesspower:
She is in America already.....so i don't need her birth cert right?

Technically yes, but just hold a copy just Incase they ask.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by xcesspower: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2019
Please which of the police certificate will i upload, is it the one with my finger prints or the one that's like certificate, or the both,please someone help me with answers
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2019
xcesspower:
Please which of the police certificate will i upload, is it the one with my finger prints or the one that's like certificate, or the both,please someone help me with answers
Scan all into pdf and upload ensure its not more than 2mb
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by RAYSKIS: 9:42am On Dec 21, 2019
@xcesspower, Just make all in a one pdf file and upload it, Sample attached for more clarification.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by sirgigs: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
RAYSKIS:
@xcesspower, Just make all in a one pdf file and upload it, Sample attached for more clarification.

Guys please Oooo, after the white paper is given at the interview.
On the white paper is a link that leads to the interview date booking website. Does one need to fill details there again?

I am asking because its 12 working days already and no passport pick up sms yet.
Or are my not doing something correctly?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by xcesspower: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
@Rayskis i sincerely appreciate....thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
sirgigs:

Guys please Oooo, after the white paper is given at the interview.
On the white paper is a link that leads to the interview date booking website. Does one need to fill details there again?

I am asking because its 12 working days already and no passport pick up sms yet.
Or are my not doing something correctly?
You need to follow this approach

1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by sirgigs: 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ajenikoko89:

You need to follow this approach

Wow, i will do this tonight. Thanks alot
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 7:40am On Dec 26, 2019
Merry Christmas to everyone on this side....
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by yemco74: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
finally i got my interview date for end of January i will call for medicals asap.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 8:56am On Dec 27, 2019
yemco74:
finally i got my interview date for end of January i will call for medicals asap.
Congratulations wishing you the best in the interview

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Congrats....

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by mamatwiny(f): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
Wow. I just came across this thread today.

My mum's elder brother( same mum but different dads ) is a USA citizen. Can he file family immigrant visa for me? Or must it be immediate family? I think he has enough funds to proof support .

What is the average processing time for this visa?

My grandma died a USA PR. My grandma also has a younger bros in USA who is a citizen and is richer than mums bro. Can he file for me?
I need to escape this country by any legal means. I don't have funds to escape via studies so I am on the look out for other means.

I need to know if any of them can file for me so that I can know how to direct my prayer for 2020.

Editted- must a petitioner have co sponsor? Who is a cosponsor?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone. For those yet to get their Visa's, you'll get it. Just submit all you have to submit and be sure to tell the truth during your interview. It will be well.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
mamatwiny:
Wow. I just came across this thread today.

My mum's elder brother( same mum but different dads ) is a USA citizen. Can he file family immigrant visa for me? Or must it be immediate family? I think he has enough funds to proof support .

What is the average processing time for this visa?

My grandma died a USA PR. My grandma also has a younger bros in USA who is a citizen and is richer than mums bro. Can he file for me?
I need to escape this country by any legal means. I don't have funds to escape via studies so I am on the look out for other means.

I need to know if any of them can file for me so that I can know how to direct my prayer for 2020.

Editted- must a petitioner have co sponsor? Who is a cosponsor?
Bro, your uncle can't file for you, I'm sorry. The only way is for him to adopt you legally which means your mom and dad have to give you away(just on paper though). Then you'll be his son or legal guardian.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by mamatwiny(f): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
stevebless:

Bro, your uncle can't file for you, I'm sorry. The only way is for him to adopt you legally which means your mom and dad have to give you away(just on paper though). Then you'll be his son or legal guardian.

Thank you so much. My dad is late. I hope my mum's giving away will suffice. I am above 30, married with a kid, i will try. I didn't even know it is possible. I hope I had this information many years ago.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
mamatwiny:

Thank you so much. My dad is late. I hope my mum's giving away will suffice. I am above 30, married with a kid, i will try. I didn't even know it is possible. I hope I had this information many years ago.
if at all them file for u
You are 30now before 42 u go don dey yanke 42 or 44yrs
U are above teen
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 1:56am On Dec 31, 2019
Hello, got to the US on christmas day, point of entry was smooth at Atlanta, we were asked to sit down and our passport was collected, after waiting for about 1hr, we were called and asked for the address of where we r staying and my sisters phone no. My grandma travelled with us and we requested for a wheel chair assistance which made us all go through the fast track ,we almost missed our connecting flight.we had plenty luggage and had to pay for 2 extra bags.
we went to the social security office today to apply for our number but was told to wait for 2 weeks, cos most times they send the number to the house and if they process one it becomes double and if we dont get it after 2 WEEKS we can come back.
The weather here isnt too cold.

7 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 6:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Wilsub:
Hello, got to the US on christmas day, point of entry was smooth at Atlanta, we were asked to sit down and our passport was collected, after waiting for about 1hr, we were called and asked for the address of where we r staying and my sisters phone no. My grandma travelled with us and we requested for a wheel chair assistance which made us all go through the fast track ,we almost missed our connecting flight.we had plenty luggage and had to pay for 2 extra bags.
we went to the social security office today to apply for our number but was told to wait for 2 weeks, cos most times they send the number to the house and if they process one it becomes double and if we dont get it after 2 WEEKS we can come back.

Great news! Best wishes for your new life in yankee!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by RAYSKIS: 8:10am On Dec 31, 2019
Wilsub:

Congratulations! grin grin grin
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
Abeg what F2a saying family based petition what is it saying abeg. :[
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
mamatwiny:

Your uncle cant adopt you - you are an adult
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Beautyaddy: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
Taal17:

lol!... cheesy
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ibe003(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
Wilsub:
what documents needed for social security and please help me find out documents needed for driving license thank
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 4:49am On Jan 01, 2020
Wilsub:
You're welcome to Georgia. Wish you and your family the best.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 4:50am On Jan 01, 2020
yemco74:
Congrats. Wish you the best

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Bubu2016: 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Delighted for you and your family! It's been long. Congratulations and best wishes on this new chapter of yours.

Wilsub:
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by mamatwiny(f): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
Taal17:

If his my uncle can't file for me, can he file for my mum? Mum is heading to 60yrs. After filing for my mum, how many years will it take mumsie to be eligible to file for us?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Becky36: 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year everyone. Please I have a friend that her sister filled for when she was single but in the process of it she got married and had two kids but never updated USCIS about her marriage or kids due to lack of information. Now she's in the US while her family is in Nigeria, what's the best way to bring her family to US since she already got her green card. Will appreciate the advice cause her kids are still very young. Thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Becky36: 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
mamatwiny:

If his my uncle can't file for me, can he file for my mum? Mum is heading to 60yrs. After filing for my mum, how many years will it take mumsie to be eligible to file for us?
He can file for your Mum but that's gonna take like 12-13years for them to approve it.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 2:40am On Jan 02, 2020
Becky36:
Happy new year everyone. Please I have a friend that her sister filled for when she was single but in the process of it she got married and had two kids but never updated USCIS about her marriage or kids due to lack of information. Now she's in the US while her family is in Nigeria, what's the best way to bring her family to US since she already got her green card. Will appreciate the advice cause her kids are still very young. Thank you
It's funny that she'll travel without her family, unless you're not telling the story right. My brother applied for me and my sis. We're both married with kids. The application got approved last year and we both moved to the US with our families. You'll have a problem moving with family only if that restriction is stated in your visa category but sibling application is F4 and the principal applicant can relocate with wife and kids below 18.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Becky36: 3:57am On Jan 02, 2020
stevebless:

It's funny that she'll travel without her family, unless you're not telling the story right. My brother applied for me and my sis. We're both married with kids. The application got approved last year and we both moved to the US with our families. You'll have a problem moving with family only if that restriction is stated in your visa category but sibling application is F4 and the principal applicant can relocate with wife and kids below 18.
The thing is that she didn't go to the interview with her family because she was afraid they might ask why she didn't inform them earlier, now she's looking for a way to bring them. Please did you inform the embassy about your marriage status and did your family attend the interview with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.