Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (378831 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2020
mamatwiny:

If his my uncle can't file for me, can he file for my mum? Mum is heading to 60yrs. After filing for my mum, how many years will it take mumsie to be eligible to file for us?
Just forget about the US petition
No one can file for you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 3:36am On Jan 03, 2020
Becky36:
The thing is that she didn't go to the interview with her family because she was afraid they might ask why she didn't inform them earlier, now she's looking for a way to bring them. Please did you inform the embassy about your marriage status and did your family attend the interview with you.
Yes, I attended the interview with my family. She should apply for her family with her green card.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
mamatwiny:

If his my uncle can't file for me, can he file for my mum? Mum is heading to 60yrs. After filing for my mum, how many years will it take mumsie to be eligible to file for us?

If her brother files for her it would take about 14years or so maybe slightly less based on current timelines, them you mum filing for you would have to be another 6-7 years based on current timelines
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
Becky36:
Happy new year everyone. Please I have a friend that her sister filled for when she was single but in the process of it she got married and had two kids but never updated USCIS about her marriage or kids due to lack of information. Now she's in the US while her family is in Nigeria, what's the best way to bring her family to US since she already got her green card. Will appreciate the advice cause her kids are still very young. Thank you

Wow ...so it would be taken that she lied about what her status was, so when filling ds260 form she said she has NO children?
Wawu
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Becky36: 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Taal17:

Wow ...so it would be taken that she lied about what her status was, so when filling ds260 form she said she has NO children?
Wawu
She said they didn't ask her any questions about the kids, only asked if she was married, of which she answered no and that is where the problem lies.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Becky36: 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
stevebless:

Yes, I attended the interview with my family. She should apply for her family with her green card.
ok, thank you. But won't she lying about her marital status be a problem
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
Becky36:
She said they didn't ask her any questions about the kids, only asked if she was married, of which she answered no and that is where the problem lies.

She lied that she was not married when she was? on the DS 260 form or at the interview

Mehn......why lie? Her lying is a problem, its misrepresentation

I dont think she can do anything about it anymore. At best file for her kids through F2A but spouse na OYO.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
Becky36:
na lie
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Becky36: 1:42am On Jan 05, 2020
Taal17:

She lied that she was not married when she was? on the DS 260 form or at the interview

Mehn......why lie? Her lying is a problem, its misrepresentation

I dont think she can do anything about it anymore. At best file for her kids through F2A but spouse na OYO.
I would say it's ignorance on her own side cause she thought that disclosing her marital status will delay the whole process. It's one of those people that don't do research by themselves.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zichien: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
First time commenter here. Thanks guys! Ive followed this thread for a while.
I applied for my mum under the IR5 category (US citizen applying for parent), and received notification from NVC that her application has necome documentarily qualified. Also received an email stating her application has been forwarded to the Lagos consulate. My question is wether we should go ahead to make an appointment on the us lagos consulate website, or do we wait to receive a notice of an interview date from the consulate? Thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
zichien:
First time commenter here. Thanks guys! Ive followed this thread for a while.
I applied for my mum under the IR5 category (US citizen applying for parent), and received notification from NVC that her application has necome documentarily qualified. Also received an email stating her application has been forwarded to the Lagos consulate. My question is wether we should go ahead to make an appointment on the us lagos consulate website, or do we wait to receive a notice of an interview date from the consulate? Thank you
You wont have to book an appointment you will have to wait to recieve interview date from the consulate

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
F2a never current for December people nii?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ibe003(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
Please Who did police certificate recently at alalgbon lagos what is the current cost?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
ibe003:
Please Who did police certificate recently at alalgbon lagos what is the current cost?
The cost is not fixed it depend on your bagaining power did mine 3k why some could get it done btw 5k or more

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2020
Becky36:
This is where the problem is. You don't lie on your application. She'll have to consult with a legal rep for this one.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by zichien: 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Thank you so much. But i heard that it can take as long as 8 months to be called for an interview ( from the time NVC sends one's case file to Lagos consulate, after it has been documentarily qualified till the time of interview..this is for IR5 based immigrant application which is current). IS this the new norm?

Ajenikoko89:

You wont have to book an appointment you will have to wait to recieve interview date from the consulate
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2020
zichien:
Thank you so much. But i heard that it can take as long as 8 months to be called for an interview ( from the time NVC sends one's case file to Lagos consulate, after it has been documentarily qualified till the time of interview..this is for IR5 based immigrant application which is current). IS this the new norm?

I think its just between 30days to 90days they will surely contact you whenever is time
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 11:21am On Jan 07, 2020
Hi guys! Can anyone shed more light on the possible retrogression for the F4 visa category ?
Its feaking me out!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by kellycute(m): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
Happy new year!!!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by richhills(m): 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2020
Retrogression how!
What is your PD?
You have 13 years or more to wait.
Amigo101:
Hi guys! Can anyone shed more light on the possible retrogression for the F4 visa category ?
Its feaking me out!

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
richhills:
Retrogression how!
What is your PD?
You have 13 years or more to wait.

13 years ke?! My PD is August 07. The retrogression thingy was mentioned at the bottom of January 2020 bulletin. Check it out pls.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Amigo101:

13 years ke?! My PD is August 07. The retrogression thingy was mentioned at the bottom of January 2020 bulletin. Check it out pls.
Not 13 years it 14years
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Amigo101:

When did they file for you??

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2020
Spanishmilf:
When did they file for you??

Was filed for in 2007. Will be 13yrs soon.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2020
Amigo101:

Was filed for in 2007. Will be 13yrs soon.
some petition take 13-14yrs is your PD current??
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 11:56am On Jan 10, 2020
Spanishmilf:
some petition take 13-14yrs is your PD current??

My PD Isnt current yet but with one movement i should be called for documentation. Thats one foot in the "room".
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Amigo101:

My PD Isnt current yet but with one movement i should be called for documentation. Thats one foot in the "room".
chilla till next year

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 10:15am On Jan 11, 2020
Spanishmilf:
chilla till next year

Wetin remain 1 don finish. A year na small wait. Thanks man.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by richhills(m): 11:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
2007+13= 2020
You should be getting your welcome letter soon
My PD is February 2007, got the WL in September'19
Battling with ceac.

Amigo101:

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2020
richhills:
2007+13= 2020
You should be getting your welcome letter soon
My PD is February 2007, got the WL in September'19
Battling with ceac.

Yeah! Exactly! With this retrogresssion thing.. It's more wait time added. Because i dont see F4 moving at all for a while.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2020
Amigo101:

Yeah! Exactly! With this retrogresssion thing.. It's more wait time added. Because i dont see F4 moving at all for a while.
Retrogression is normal when too much people applied but i believe it will move this month. I was documentary qualified in Decmember after a checklist

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by RAYSKIS: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ajenikoko89:

Retrogression is normal when too much people applied but i believe it will move this month. I was documentary qualified in Decmember after a checklist

Yes, But it should move to December ni oooo wink cheesy smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.