Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine (63536 Views)

100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Apipia: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Late Nnayelugo Augustine Ilodibe aka Ekenendiuwa profile is not complete.He diversified also into banking (Manufacturers Merchant Bank), as its Chairman, Mannybank as it was known merged with Fidelity Bank

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Yuji: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

And that's why millions of your kinsmen are immigrants in the supposed brain dead regions.

Olodo...

Your region is the most backward region in Nigeria if you must know.

And that's why other Nigerians don't go there hence your mass unemployment.

Its better you kill yourself than dying of high blood pressure over this topic. Just an advice! Your painment is astounding!! grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
allrightsir:

If you lived in the west, the richest man you knew in those days was fajemirokun, if you lived in the east it was ojukwu because understandably the east is a very insulated place and they dont know who Fajemirokun was. That Ojukwu was known in the west and his wealth wasnt the stuff of legend like Fajemirokun would have me beleive that Fajemirokun was probably wealthier, that said what does it matter, is there any difference between Dangote and Adenuga? They are both dead and their wealth hasnt grown from one generation to another like the Fords and Walmart Dynasties.

Allrightsir grin grin grin grin
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by bionixs: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
This is the kinda things I wanna read about.

Not the stinking kid beggars churned out by men who believe it is holy to marry four wives and get all four pregnant, irrespective of his salary or economic capacity. Only for them to throw the kids to the street and cause mayhem to the entire country.

Kudos my Igbo Brothers.
God bless your generation, bro

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by ProfDumbledor(m): 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

This is the foundation for the article. Everything here is embellished and spawn in falsehood.

The first Nigerian billiionaire was a shipping magnate by name Henry Fajemirokun. The first to own RollsRoyce was Kano Emirate, followed by Fajemirokun. Sir Ojukwu never had a Rolls.
Kindly click the following links to educate your ignorant and jealous self. Yoruba behave like main stream media (msm- CNN, ABC, NytTimes, Wapo, NBC) in America who think and boast they are the only people who have the right to tell the masses the truth, when in the factual sense, they do the opposite with fake news.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/08/in-quest-of-perpetuity-the-ojukwu-nigerians-didnt-know/

http://dailymail.com.ng/when-queen-elizabeth-ii-visited-nigeria-in-1952-they-borrowed-this-rolls-royce-silver-wraith-lwb-from-sir-louis-ojukwu/
http://millionaire.ng/wow-4-billion-dollar-man-sir-louis-ojukwu-2/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Amarabae(f): 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

And that's why millions of your kinsmen are immigrants in the supposed brain dead regions.

Olodo...

Your region is the most backward region in Nigeria if you must know.

And that's why other Nigerians don't go there hence your mass unemployment.

another gnashing of teeth due to painment.
If no other nigerians go to SE, Who are those people selling Agbo concotion there?
Go and fight Forbes if this post pained you deeply.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Amarabae(f): 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
NaoSlay:
Igbo's and Lie's ehn. See how they believed it , even saying Ojukwu is the first billionaire , Dangote is the first ever billionaire.

When will Igbo's stop being decieved??
Forbes wrote this.
Not Igbos.
Stop disturbing us here with your cry of painment.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by bionixs: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
Aufbauh:
Anything that makes them feel good they should kotinu.

The irony is that the people who pride themselves as the average richest people in Africa are still the ones crying victimization and marginalization. undecided
did you make them rich? should that be the reason you should take what belongs to them because they are already rich. give the super rich kid his toys, if he likes, he gives you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by linearity: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

This is the foundation for the article. Everything here is embellished and spawn in falsehood.

The first Nigerian billiionaire was a shipping magnate by name Henry Fajemirokun. The first to own RollsRoyce was Kano Emirate, followed by Fajemirokun. Sir Ojukwu never had a Rolls.

The Rolls Royce & Driver used by the queen during her visit to Nigeria then was borrowed by the government from the Ojukwus. This is a public information and well documented in the history books.

I would have posted independent and foreign links confirming that fact here...but, I felt that in this digital age, if you are truly after the fact, put in some efforts into a little googling and you will see for yourself or better still take some time off and pay a visit to a local library that keep these archives and read up to educate yourself.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by tiswell(m): 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

just shut up!sad

5 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
`
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by bionixs: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
MrRhymes101:
I schooled in the East and this is so true!!
God bless the womb that had you, dear

8 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by plaetton: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

And , we are to take just your word on this ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Almaheed: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

what is your aim by spilling falsehood, I don't understand why you have to debunk your hate with your tribal sentiments, its a shame

8 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Iko5000: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
All the mods are from one part of Nigeria called lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
raker300:
Why is this mod hiding comments by igbos and leaving comments by Yorubas?
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by buchilino(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Aufbauh:

I thought it is only the Hausa-fulani elites that do impoverished their commoners.
You mean the commoners are suffering from the same subjugation by the elites across every part of the country?

OH MEN, D LEVEL OF UR COMPREHENSION IS TERRIBLE.

8 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Abagworo(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
StOla:
I thought those Palestinians said it is a city?

How dare Forbes call it a small town?

I ordinarily hear them say Anambra has 3 cities of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi, as opposed to 3 small towns.

Nnewi is more of a semiurban sprawl than a full fledged city but the article focused more on people of Nnewi origin and not necessarily residents of Nnewi. It's unarguable that Nnewi as a town has more rich people than every single town in Nigeria.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by stanluiz(m): 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
louqas:
False News ijebu has more billionaires than any other town in Nigeria.
Proudly yoruba
Name them stupid liers.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by stanluiz(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Eshinwaju:

This is why it is important to counter the dirty lies from the land of the erosion ravaged beasts because before....you know it....their lies becomes accepted as truth... shocked shocked.....as soon as I read that first few lines...I just wrote off the rest..... grin
afonja is ranting.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Any Yoruba person willing to take the trip, I would fully sponsor a tour around Nnewi or better still Osumenyi, a county within the town of Nnewi to show you what you have not seen even in VGC before. Igbos use houses as competition and not clothes and Jewelries as others do.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by julietm123: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
[quote author=StOla post=59358014]I thought those Palestinians said it is a city?

How dare Forbes call it a small town?

I ordinarily hear them say Anambra has 3 cities of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi, as opposed to 3 small towns. [/qqquote

Must you be antagonist about everything igbo? It shows you are terribly sick and lack confidence. So many Yorubas do it. I just see it and I should my head. You couldn't call the news propaganda cos it's from Forbes so you look for something negative to say. You are not happy about the news,are you? I av never visited the yoruba industrious son's and daughters thread but I see yorubads lamenting on the Igbo thread. Abeg you guys should cure yourselves of this mental sickness and inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Just 2 yoruba Folks.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MXrap: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
For instance, Sir Ojukwu’s personal driver at the height of his fame and fortune in Lagos was one Sunday, a Yoruba man. His appointed auditor for all his business interests till he died was Mr. Akintola Williams, the first Nigerian certified accountant who is also a Yoruba man. And when Sir Ojukwu became pioneer Chairman of the Nigerian National Shipping Lines in 1956, the first indigenous Managing Director he appointed was also a Yoruba man called Mr. Nathaniel Oyesiku. Further establishing Sir Ojukwu’s broad-mindedness, at the first visit of Queen Elizabeth to Nigeria in 1956, his Rolls Royce was the official car used to convey the British monarch

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/08/in-quest-of-perpetuity-the-ojukwu-nigerians-didnt-know/

Historians should record this. NL members from the other region confused people to the extent that this truth almost disappeared.

5 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by stanluiz(m): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Aufbauh:
Anything that makes them feel good they should kotinu.

The irony is that the people who pride themselves as the average richest people in Africa are still the ones crying victimization and marginalization. undecided
envy afonja we are not your mate go and commit suicide.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by tartarus(m): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Proudly nnewi cool

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by obidevine(m): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
The Small Town Of The Super Rich
By Forbes Africa 5 min of reading August 7, 2017

-Written by Eromo Egbejule
https://www.forbesafrica.com/wealth/2017/08/07/small-town-super-rich/

Nice story.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Emokai3(m): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
louqas:
False News ijebu has more billionaires than any other town in Nigeria.
Proudly yoruba
u mean ijegbu garri
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by StOla: 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
Abagworo:

Nnewi is more of a semiurban sprawl than a full fledged city but the article focused more on people of Nnewi origin and not necessarily residents of Nnewi. It's unarguable that Nnewi as a town has more rich people than every single town in Nigeria.

I don't even contest that there are mercantile rich men in Nnewi or from Nnewi.

My singular argument is that a town many wanted to force down our throats as a city in past discussions about Anambra, has now been duly assessed as a small town by Forbes.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MXrap: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
Your inputs are always useless and worthless. Nnewi is a city. The article is about Nnewi residents and Nnewi people. Most people from your state goes to Nnewi to settle as their greener pasture to improve their lives economically of which their state could not offer them the same opportunity. Your envy and frustration has a way of reflecting in your thought process.

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos / Man Parks Wrongly At Abuja Airport & Comes Back To Meet This Crazy Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.