Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. (35622 Views)

What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Scientist Discorvered There Is God After Researching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by menxer: 7:48am On Aug 13, 2017
the Dr Eben didn't say he met God, but a blue eyed lady, so what's the noise about?

What he has proved is that consciousness can and do exist outside and independent of the physical body, which is not a new discovery.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by dalaman: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2017
menxer:
the Dr Eben didn't say he met God, but a blue eyed lady, so what's the noise about?

What he has proved is that consciousness can and do exist outside and independent of the physical body, which is not a new discovery.

Read his book .
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
Seems the theists are in tactical retreat.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
dalaman:

I've asked you to point out the lie but you've failed. She wasn't even interviewed in your link. Just point out the misrepresentation.

They claim she said dr eben was awake but delirious
And she said it was a lie....

Stop siting magazines that are desperate.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by dalaman: 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
felixomor:

They claim she said dr eben was awake but delirious
And she said it was a lie....

Stop siting magazines that are desperate.

I just what you to show it to me from the link. She wasn't even interviewed in the link you posted. Some else stated it.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by menxer: 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
dalaman:

Read his book .

What's the the title or the link?
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
dalaman:

I just what you to show it to me from the link. She wasn't even interviewed in the link you posted. Some else stated it.

Pls read that link properly
Its as clear as day.
Below is another website highlighting the lies told that magazine u quoted

http://iands.org/ndes/more-info/ndes-in-the-news/970-esquire-article-on-eben-alexander-distorts-the-facts.html

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
felixomor:

Pls read that link properly
Its as clear as day.
Below is another website highlighting the lies told that magazine u quoted

http://iands.org/ndes/more-info/ndes-in-the-news/970-esquire-article-on-eben-alexander-distorts-the-facts.html
You get time sha. All I see here are strawman arguments. Anything to keep living in denial.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:

You get time sha. All I see here are strawman arguments, anything to keep living in denial.

I tire my sista cool

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ishilove:

You get time sha. All I see here are strawman arguments, anything to keep living in denial.

Please read and reply my post, I don't want to live in denial, thanks.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
all I see here is someone who needed money and decided to play the religion card by lying about seeing heaven or other 'universe' to write a book.

it's not uncommon, he isn't the first, and won't be the last.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
joshuakdboy:
all I see here is someone who needed money and decided to play the religion card by lying about seeing heaven or other 'universe' to write a book.

it's not uncommon, he isn't the first, and won't be the last.
Yeah right
But when he was an atheist he wasnt playing "card" ba..

Wehdone

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
felixomor:

Yeah right

Wehdone

writing books on religion sells more than on atheism. Because religionists loves and go to the extreme for anything that supports their faith. Some people will even buy copies of the said book(s) and distribute freely around.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Ishilove: 12:10am On Aug 14, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Please read and reply my post, I don't want to live in denial, thanks.
LoJ?
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 5:51am On Aug 14, 2017
joshuakdboy:

writing books on religion sells more than on atheism. Because religionists loves and go to the extreme for anything that supports their faith. Some people will even buy copies of the said book(s) and distribute freely around.
Richard dawkins makes massive money from atheism and so other atheists who write books and go for debate

That is not a point
Your assumptions r one sided

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by dalaman: 6:22am On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

Yeah right

Wehdone

What kind of athiest shouts "God help me"? I doubt if he was ever an athiest.

"In one of the book's most dramatic scenes, Dr. Laura Potter prepares Alexander to move from the ER to the ICU. In those final moments, after two straight hours of struggle—thrashing and guttural groans and wails—Eben Alexander grows quiet and shouts out, for everyone present to hear, "God, help me!"
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 7:12am On Aug 14, 2017
dalaman:

"In one of the book's most dramatic scenes, Dr. Laura Potter prepares Alexander to move from the ER to the ICU. In those final moments, after two straight hours of struggle—thrashing and guttural groans and wails—Eben Alexander grows quiet and shouts out, for everyone present to hear, "God, help me!"

He shouted God because he went through a condition many dont survive.
And thank God for his life....

Many atheists eventually cry out to God at the end of their lives, just like you will eventually do when you are close to death....
Its the truth.! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 7:27am On Aug 14, 2017
dalaman:

Your problem is simply zombification! So because an already well known atheist said God help me he suddenly was not an atheist originally?

According to Eben Alexander he slipped into a coma before he was sedated. And his NDE experience began immediately after that and it was in the course of this terrifying first experience of first being in a very dark tunnel he realised he was still alive in the spirit and well aware of his environment it suddenly dawned on him that the afterlife is real and fear made him cry out in his spirit "God help me" but he thought he also shouted it out loud for people physically to hear. If you had read the other website I posted you would have seen it all there.

Again I ask you, is it because an already known and well established atheist said God help me that then made him not originally an atheist?

I have read arguments from you atheist on Nairaland and a lot of you have said that atheists can say anything and even say "Oh my God" or "Oh Jesus" during sex or "Oh my God" when surprised but it was just an expression of passion or shock and not a belief in whom they mentioned. Or have you quickly forgotten such comments from your fellows?

If an atheist when frustrated says "Oh God" does that make him a believer?

The famous atheist Richard Dawkins in one of his debates consciously said Oh God when frustrated so I guess Dawkins was not also originally an atheist based on that comment ba?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 7:28am On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

He shouted God because he went through a condition many dont survive.
And thank God for his life....

Many atheists eventually cry out to God at the end of their lives, just like you will eventually do when you are close to death....
Its the truth.! undecided

Leave that zombie!

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by ModusOperandi(f): 8:18am On Aug 14, 2017
his experience is consistent with the effects of the naturally occurring psychedelic drug DMT, visual and non-auditory hallucinations during NDEs. but then the article says no brain activity was detected
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 8:43am On Aug 14, 2017
ModusOperandi:
his experience is consistent with the effects of the naturally occurring psychedelic drug DMT, visual and non-auditory hallucinations during NDEs. but then the article says no brain activity was detected

Thank you! Finally someone with some intelligence. People here arguing ignorantly ignore the facts right before them and attack the man.

How can one hallucinate when there is no brain activity?

Neurologist and University of Toledo Neuroscience Researcher, Dr. John Greenfield said this below

"For near death experience skeptics, medical evidence of a flat EEG during an out of body experience has always been a stumbling block. After all, a brain dead patient can’t hallucinate.

But, does a flat EEG really mean no brain activity? NDE doubters have claimed activity deep inside the brain, beyond the reach of EEG instruments, must account for the complex “realer than real” experiences reported by those who briefly pass into the afterlife. Now, University of Toledo Neuroscience researcher, and EEG expert, Dr. John Greenfield explains why this claim doesn’t hold up.
“It’s very unlikely that a hypoperfused brain [someone with no blood flow to the brain], with no evidence of electrical activity could generate NDEs. Human studies as well as animal studies have typically shown very little brain perfusion [blood flow] or glucose utilization when the EEG is flat.

There are deep brain areas involved in generating memories that might still operate at some very reduced level during cardiac arrest, but of course any subcortically generated activity can’t be brought to consciousness without at least one functioning cerebral hemisphere. So even if there were some way that NDEs were generated during the hypoxic state [while the brain is shut off from oxygen], you would not experience them until reperfusion [blood flow] allowed you to dream them or wake up and talk about them”.

So big question which Eben Alexander posited was that based on the test results and images of his brain and activity chart, he as a neurosurgeon and confirmed by the doctor who handled his case showed that he had absolutely no brain activity so where did his memories and clear recollection of events and tangible experience as real as todays world come from? Where did the experience of meeting someone he never met and never knew what she looked like turn out to be true when he saw her picture 4 months later and confirmed it was the same blue eyed lady he saw while experiencing NDE?

The same way others here have been arguing unintelligently shows how easily a true event can be taken out of context when by their own fault they refuse to look into little details and one of such details says he had no brain activity. So where did the ability to recollect events, memories, feelings of realness, where did the ability to feel anything such as warmth, love, joy, fear, acceptance, understanding, come from since there was no brain activity?

From this it is clear to see that he was not hallucinating and if there are claims of drugs being responsible for his hallucinations it would hold no water based on the simple fact that he had absolutely no brain activity.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by dalaman: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Your problem is simply zombification! So because an already well known atheist said God help me he suddenly was not an atheist originally?

According to Eben Alexander he slipped into a coma before he was sedated. And his NDE experience began immediately after that and it was in the course of this terrifying first experience of first being in a very dark tunnel he realised he was still alive in the spirit and well aware of his environment it suddenly dawned on him that the afterlife is real and fear made him cry out in his spirit "God help me" but he thought he also shouted it out loud for people physically to hear. If you had read the other website I posted you would have seen it all there.

Again I ask you, is it because an already known and well established atheist said God help me that then made him not originally an atheist?

I have read arguments from you atheist on Nairaland and a lot of you have said that atheists can say anything and even say "Oh my God" or "Oh Jesus" during sex or "Oh my God" when surprised but it was just an expression of passion or shock and not a belief in whom they mentioned. Or have you quickly forgotten such comments from your fellows?

If an atheist when frustrated says "Oh God" does that make him a believer?

The famous atheist Richard Dawkins in one of his debates consciously said Oh God when frustrated so I guess Dawkins was not also originally an atheist based on that comment ba?

There a difference btw "ohh my God" as an exclamation and "God help me". The latter is a call on God for help. Very different things.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 9:11am On Aug 14, 2017
dalaman:

There a difference btw "ohh my God" as an exclamation and "God help me". The latter is a call on God for help. Very different things.

Do you even know what expressions are? God help me is also an exclamation and not always a call for help.

God help me is also an exclamation due to frustration.

God help me is not always a call for help.

Do you see why arguing with you is foolishness on my part? You lack simple analytical comprehension abilities and argue just to win. It's not about reality or truth to you but just to fraudulently defend your vapid points.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by dalaman: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Do you even know what expressions are? God help me is also an exclamation and not always a call for help.

God help me is also an exclamation due to frustration.

God help me is not always a call for help.

Do you see why arguing with you is foolishness on my part? You lack simple analytical comprehension abilities and argue just to win. It's not about reality or truth to you but just to fraudulently defend your vapid points.

You are arguing in support of some.lair that claimed to have gone to heaven and seen so many universes with life and other fictitious imaginations yet you have the guts to be talking about reality. You are a joke and a fraud yourself. This is an alternative account and I know who you are. Use your main account and stop hiding behind an alt account.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2017
dalaman:

You are arguing in support of some.lair that claimed to have gone to heaven and seen so many universes with life and other fictitious imaginations yet you have the guts to be talking about reality. You are a joke and a fraud yourself. This is an alternative account and I know who you are. Use your main account and stop hiding behind an alt account.

Even after the magazine you quoted was found to be the liars on this story..
You are still calling the doctor a liar?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by dalaman: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

Even after the magazine you quoted was found to be the liars on this story..
You are still calling the doctor a liar?

I said quote out the lie. You kept saying I should read the link. Show the lie they told. The doctor is a lair. Read his book and see the nonsense he was spewing about multiverse and some other nonsense imaginary and fictional things he MADE UP.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2017
dalaman:

It seems your brain is paining you. Shey ko si sha?

The reality is right there for everyone to see. Everyone except you that is! This is the reality my dear zombie, his brain imaging and activity chart was made available by Eben Alexander himself which though contrary to the ethics of medical practice he had to do for sake of proof.

His brain imaging and all show proof of absolutely no brain activity and this was confirmed by the same doctor who handled his case and any other doctor can come and view the same images and try to say otherwise (which they cannot).

Based on this simple truth which you deliberately wish to avoid and dodge and also based on the reality that hallucinations cannot occur in absence of brain activity where then did his tangible experiences come from? Experiences such as feeling, understanding, warmth, love, fear, awareness, etc? Where did they come from since science claims that consciousness is linked to the brain (which was also Eben Alexanders claim as a neurosurgeon) yet he experienced clear consciousness without having brain activity.

Now that your argument has been exposed as idiotic to say the least you now wish to attack my moniker. My moniker is an original FYI and if you know my alternate (though non existent, kindly fish it out of your fantasy riddled mind).

When you jabber on sometimes I wonder if at all you borrowed some sense from an imbeciiile because it's begging for an upgrade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2017
dalaman:

I said quote out the lie. You kept saying I should read the link. Show the lie they told. The doctor is a lair. Read his book and see the nonsense he was spewing about multiverse and some other nonsense imaginary and fictional things he MADE UP.

Hush it
I exposed your magazine
You asked for the misrepresentation, I showed you one
I even brought out another website that exposed your fraud magazine.
Besides this is not the first documentary of NDE and it wont be the last

You sure like to live in denial.
Kontinue.....

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

Hush it
I exposed your magazine
You asked for the misrepresentation, I showed you one
I even brought out another website that exposed your fraud magazine.
Besides this is not the first documentary of NDE and it wont be the last

You sure like to live in denial.
Kontinue.....

Don't mind that zombie. NDE is as old as history itself. Credible scientific institutions have dedicated funds and teams into researching it because it defies science in so many ways. He is not scientific but is already declaring it as false when modern science has not been able to come close to declaring it as false because a lot of these NDE patients experienced their NDE without having brain activity which clearly goes against accepted medical observations.

The zombies anthem is mi o le gba. Ni Tori pe mi o gba, gbo gbo yin Kparo. ( I will not accept it and because I will not accept it then all of you are liars).

His brain is paining him.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Don't mind that zombie. NDE is as old as history itself. Credible scientific institutions have dedicated funds and teams into researching it because it defies science in so many ways. He is not scientific but is already declaring it as false when modern science has not been able to come close to declaring it as false because a lot of these NDE patients experienced their NDE without having brain activity which clearly goes against accepted medical observations.

The zombies anthem is mi o le gba. Ni Tori pe mi o gba, gbo gbo yin Kparo. ( I will not accept it and because I will not accept it then all of you are liars).

His brain is paining him.
I don't know why these guys will spend so much energy to live in denial

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

I don't know why these guys will spend so much energy to live in denial

Joblessness and frustration is the cause!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Amberon11: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
How does the rubbish you typed disprove the op?
frank317:

Do u even wonder what it is with their God and death? Millions of people living, some doubting if God exists,many worshipping the wrong God. But this so call almighty loving creator father waits for thousands to die then choses one out of thousands facing death and shows him a glimpse of hell and heaven.. What a Wise God indeed.
Even our in-house mumu, Felixomor, will be wiser than this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) / Father Emmanuel Obimma Blasts Buhari (Video) / Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.