Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick (5993 Views)

Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend / Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2010
Ehen na, what about single parents who even have to take care of kids and work when they're 7 - 8 months pregnant?

If worse comes to worst, she should hire a nanny. . .  or take the kids to a day care centre or something like that. . .  This is her third kid, i want to believe she at least spaced them 2yrs apart, shouldn't the 1st 2 be in sch??

Once they come over to jand, they start forming one rubbish lifestyle that we have not seen before.

Ask her to get off her lazy bum and get on with it, and she should stop disrespecting her husband, and she should stop involving third parties like u in her family affair. . .  Shiooorrr Grin Grin Grin[quote][/quote]

You forget people back home get alot  of help, and employing a nanny back home is really cheap  unlike jand everything is expensive

and as for single parenting, if you dont have a partner you will learn to cope, but why should she live like a single parent when she has got a partner  

pls give a sensible advice
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

You forget people back home get alot  of help, and employing a nanny back home is really cheap  unlike jand everything is expensive

and as for single parenting, if you dont have a partner you will learn to cope, but why should she live like a single parent when she has got a partner   

pls give a sensible advice

Well, its obvious that any criticism is not sensible advice, u are already biased in your own judgement and that leads me to believing that u r indeed the person suffering this situation. . . 

Quite honestly, i think your husband is taking it quite lightly, thunder for fire ya yansh if na me grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2010
Well, its obvious that any criticism is not sensible advice, u are already biased in your own judgement and that leads me to believing that u r indeed the person suffering this situation. . .

Quite honestly, i think your husband is taking it quite lightly, thunder for fire ya yansh if na me Grin Grin Grin

Firstly i need this advice for a family  very close to me, they invited me into there this  matter because the man feels i can offer GOOD  advice since i have a family of my own and they help solve my family  problems sometimes. whether  you believe  me or not is your  headache

Secondly i did not start this thread for to receive rude comment, i am not fighting anyone

thirdly if you you have to criticize give a constructive one

AND STOP BEING PLAIN RUDE   TO WOMAN I AM SURE A WOMAN GAVE BIRTH TO YOU
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

Firstly i need this advice for a family very close to me, they invited me into there this matter because the man feels i can offer GOOD advice since i have a family of my own and they help solve my family problems sometimes. whether you believe me or not is your headache

Secondly i did not start this thread for to receive rude comment, i am not fighting anyone

thirdly if you you have to criticize give a constructive one

AND STOP BEING PLAIN RUDE TO WOMAN I AM SURE A WOMAN GAVE BIRTH TO YOU

A woman gave birth to me, and she went thru the same thing if not more than many women go thru today cos:
1. I was massive for a baby
2. She had me after 8 girls, and
3. She had to raise me alone after my dad was assasinated when i was only 2 months old!

Now, my input to your bloody thread was one of reality and not one of fantasy. . . My mums didnt ask Daddy-may-u-walk, to go do the dishes cos she was ill after 2 months of my contraception cos she was a complete woman who knew how to handle her home and take care of her kids!
She didnt hire any helps either though she was in naija at the time!

The simple truth of the matter is that naija girls of now-a-days are just plain lazy, and are trying to adopt the western culture which will never work well with their men. How can u even stand there and proudly proclaim that he helps out when not asked but refuses to do anything when told to, that simply points at the fact that he doesn't like the way she tells him to do things which she should be doing. . . I still stand on my point, she needs to get off that lazy butt of hers and get her affairs into order!

Nonesense! tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2010
If I were her I won't wash it. Let the plates keep piling up, let the house smell. I'm sick means I'm sick. Tell your friend she should tell her husband, since he cannot help her to do the dishes, she would do them as soon as she feels well even if it's after 9 months. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by sexyLeamon(f): 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2010
stillwater:

If I were her I won't wash it. Let the plates keep piling up, let the house smell. I'm sick means I'm sick. Tell your friend she should tell her husband, since he cannot help her to do the dishes, she would do them as soon as she feels well even if it's after 9 months. tongue tongue tongue
grin grin best advice so far poster take note asap! grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2010
And who's the smell gonna kill more?? grin grin grin

Dude can branch somewhere on his way back home and eat wella, when she's hungry, she'll get off that butt and wash aplate at least to eat grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by KennyG6(m): 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2010
let me get this right, there are 4 people in this family so how many plates are we talking about here, the same woman who is sick or ill has time to chat to her friend about her matrimonial issues. Why cant the friend even help her with the dishes afterall if she is so concerned about the marriage to open a thread about it, helping out with the dishes would have been a better way to show she cared
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2010
A woman gave birth to me, and she went thru the same thing if not more than many women go thru today cos:
1. I was massive for a baby
2. She had me after 8 girls, and
3. She had to raise me alone after my dad was assasinated when i was only 2 months old!

Now, my input to your bloody thread was one of reality and not one of fantasy. . . My mums didnt ask Daddy-may-u-walk, to go do the dishes cos she was ill after 2 months of my contraception cos she was a complete woman who knew how to handle her home and take care of her kids!
She didnt hire any helps either though she was in naija at the time!

The simple truth of the matter is that naija girls of now-a-days are just plain lazy, and are trying to adopt the western culture which will never work well with their men. How can u even stand there and proudly proclaim that he helps out when not asked but refuses to do anything when told to, that simply points at the fact that he doesn't like the way she tells him to do things which she should be doing. . .  I still stand on my point, she needs to get off that lazy butt of hers and get her affairs into order!

Nonesense! Tongue[quote][/quote]

I am sure your mum got help from your elder sisters because i know i helped my mum when she had my two younger siblings, i started helping out  from  the age of six, when i turned 13 my my gave birth another and i helped  all through i even helped to bath  the baby when he was a little older, my still bless me for the help i started rendering from a very young age.
My point is every one needs help every now and again not just only in pregnancy.

Reading your post i can see that you had ladies all around  you that did things for you and you are the last child that was not allowed to do choirs in the home, am sure that where you get your mentality from.

Anywayz the fact that you know all your mum went through having you should soften your opinions up a bit because no woman should have to go through that more especially someone that you claim to love.

nonsense back to you
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2010
[/quote]let me get this right, there are 4 people in this family so how many plates are we talking about here, the same woman who is sick or ill has time to chat to her friend about her matrimonial issues. Why cant the friend even help her with the dishes afterall if she is so concerned about the marriage to open a thread about it, helping out with the dishes would have been a better way to show she cared[quote]

well i do help her cook from my house sometimes  because she cant eat what  she cooks
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

well i do help her cook from my house sometimes because she cant eat what she cooks

***Death*** grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by KennyG6(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

well i do help her cook from my house sometimes because she cant eat what she cooks
that's the spirit my friend keep up the good work by helping out with the dishes trust me its a lot better than any advice you'd get from NLders wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2010
Dude can branch somewhere on his way back home and eat wella, when she's hungry, she'll get off that butt and wash aplate at least to eat Grin Grin Grin

Am very sure if your father treated you mum like that you never forgive him

its people like that end up sad lonely old men that both wife  and kids have abandoned  

PLS GROW UP
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

Am very sure if your father treated you mum like that you never forgive him

its people like that end up sad lonely old men that both wife and kids have abandoned

PLS GROW UP

Nope, daddy-may-u-walk never treated mums like that cos mums knew how to act right grin grin

And i will not end up like that cos i'll make sure of it before i jump into marriage grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by sexyLeamon(f): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2010
whitelexi:

Dude can branch somewhere on his way back home and eat wella, when she's hungry, she'll get off that butt and wash aplate at least to eat grin grin grin
your comments are just getting worser and worser. I really hope you are joking tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2010
Nope, daddy-may-u-walk never treated mums like that cos mums knew how to act right Grin Grin

And i will not end up like that cos i'll make sure of it before i jump into marriage Grin Grin Grin

am sorry for your life
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by jaybee3(m): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
Nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

am sorry for your life

Me is sorry for your life and that of your gf too tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Ben13: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2010
Lol common to wash plate
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
Me is sorry for your life and that of your gf too Tongue Tongue Tongue

am not going to reply your post any more because i have decided to go with the saying that goes SILENCE  IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FOOL
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by GEW: 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
when was the last time some of you here educated your "likkle" johny and charly on the virtues of being nice to someone daughter?   how else do you think they will learn?

it is amazing the number of monsters who cant have human feelings we are raising  i bet this same heartless man will expect some man to treat his daughters right.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2010
Ben-10:

Lol common to wash plate

Which kind of sickness will stop u from washing a plate, haba!!

prixxy:

am not going to reply your post any more because i have decided to go with the saying that goes SILENCE  IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FOOL

Only takes a fool to know an even bigger one grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by degamonn: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
I’m sorry; my contribution to this matter may sound crude and provocative. I advise that you take in good faith.
I have a very simple question to ask the Wife in question. Does it really mean that if the man dies or travel during the period of her pregnancy, the woman won’t continue to live her life and do the necessary domestic work again? Who will be doing all these things for her in such a situation? I’m not wishing any body dead any way.

There are two options I’ll implore them to take.
1. To either come back to Nigeria and process a visa for small girl who may be relative or friend to serve as House Help for them, or
2. Get a nanny over there.
The African men I know are not always comfort with that kind of relationship even though they are living in US or UK. Irrespective of how long they may be there. “A mangrove living near the water for so long does not make it a crocodile”. If this attitude of hers is being copied from the white women, you the post of this thread should advice your friend to stop it now before it brings a crack into their marriage or if you admit that you are the one, nobody is going to circumcise u.

I am yet to marry, but I think I may do some of things if the need arises. But any day may wife feels that it is my duty and responsibility to do them cos she pregnant or sick as the case may be, that day will mark my end of doing such things.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
I’m sorry; my contribution to this matter may sound crude and provocative. I advise that you take in good faith.
I have a very simple question to ask the Wife in question. Does it really mean that if the man dies or travel during the period of her pregnancy, the woman won’t continue to live her life and do the necessary domestic work again? Who will be doing all these things for her in such a situation? I’m not wishing any body dead any way.

There are two options I’ll implore them to take.
1. To either come back to Nigeria and process a visa for small girl who may be relative or friend to serve as House Help for them, or
2. Get a nanny over there.
The African men I know are not always comfort with that kind of relationship even though they are living in US or UK. Irrespective of how long they may be there. “A mangrove living near the water for so long does not make it a crocodile”. If this attitude of hers is being copied from the white women, you the post of this thread should advice your friend to stop it now before it brings a crack into their marriage or if you admit that you are the one, nobody is going to circumcise u.

I am yet to marry, but I think I may do some of things if the need arises. But any day may wife feels that it is my duty and responsibility to do them cos she pregnant or sick as the case may be, that day will mark my end of doing such things.

Well she never said it was his responsibility to do them because she is unwell, she actually still does this things, she still cooks, cleans, wash up dishes, take care of the other two kids she recently stopped working because she was too sick to work.

the point is when we are sick be it a man or woman we need some to fall back on when the sickness gets too much,

are you guys trying to tell me that when you get sick and you have some one that lives with you be it brother ,sister or friend you wont ask for their help when you need it ,
well i think the same should apply to couples that claim to love themselves, they should make themselves available to one another.
I am sure the help will be appreciated
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2010

Why will someone use spittle to wash their hands when they are close to a stream filled with water,
if you dont have have a partner to help out am sure you will find other means of helping your self , but when you have one, why should you suffer like those that do not
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2010
Wonderful grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2010
whitelexi:

Kill who? cheesy When I've made up my mind, no smell can stop me from doing what I have in mind. If he likes let him branch, I can also order for some chinese to take my drugs. When he comes back, we will all smell the house together. If he likes let him sleep outside, let me see how he would ruin his marriage because of common plates. I do not lift a pin when I'm ill. My dad wouldn't even let me. He would do the whole chores if possible. Then I'll now come to a husband's house and he wants to make himself God because of ordinary plates?

These yeye boys of nowadays.

GEW:

when was the last time some of you here educated your "likkle" johny and charly on the virtues of being nice to someone daughter? how else do you think they will learn?

it is amazing the number of monsters who cant have human feelings we are raising i bet this same heartless man will expect some man to treat his daughters right.

Don't mind them.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ogazi007(m): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2010
There is nothing romantic in washing dishes for your wife,its unafrican for a woman to be given men instruction on how and when to do domestic works in his house.im very sure if the man hires the services of a nanny/househelp the lazy woman would still tagged him unromantic and Conservative.most of the naija women  just wanna start acting like oyibo women when they get to abroad.what you watch on movie is quiet different from what is obtainable in africa,she should arrange herself before she destroys her home.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2010
there is no case here, the woman is pregnant, the man is suppose to pamper her. instead he is causing
more stress for her. some men are heartless I don't blame him, I blame God for giving us this duty of motherhood tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2010
ogazi007:

There is nothing romantic in washing dishes for your wife,its unafrican for a woman to be given men instruction on how and when to do domestic works in his house.im very sure if the man hires the services of a nanny/househelp the lazy woman would still tagged him unromantic and Conservative.most of the naija women  just wanna start acting like oyibo women when they get to abroad.what you watch on movie is quiet different from what is obtainable in africa,she should arrange herself before she destroys her home.
I feel like squeezing your head into juice cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by adetoru(f): 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2010
Cheya!I feel for her.And why is it assumed that she must be mean if her husband doesn't want to help her,some men are actually that mean.I have my lazy days and my husband still helps when I say I'm not in the mood.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by coolier(f): 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
No, even sometimes when you're not sick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Females Should Act Like Real Ladies! / Is Anything Wrong With Dating A Girl Without Having Sex With Her? / See What This Lady Wore On Her Graduation Day ( PHOTO )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.