Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick (5995 Views)

Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend / Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ima1(f): 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2010
IMO some people need to shut the F up, you have no idea what women go through when they are pregnant, every pregnancy is different, one woman might have the strength to do all the household chores, and another might not. so saying someone should get off her lazy backside when she is sick and pregnant to go do household chore is just silly, when there is an man in the house who got her pregnant, contributed to the dirty dishes, and should be able to use his brain to understand that this woman is sick and will need help. makes me sick when most men think with their a**es.

if the man washed his plate immediately after he finish eating, will that hurt him. thinking a woman is trying to control you when she asks you to do the dishes is just s*upid.

Tell the man to get off his high horse and help that woman, afterall he promised to be there through thick and thin, so doing the dishes is not even close to the hard times they might face and if he is complaining now, what will he do then. and the fact of the matter is that she shouldn't even have to ask him to do the dishes, he needs to help, marriage is all about being a team.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by frank317: 12:49am On Feb 17, 2010
ima1:

IMO some people need to shut the F up, you have no idea what women go through when they are pregnant, every pregnancy is different, one woman might have the strength to do all the household chores, and another might not. so saying someone should get off her lazy backside when she is sick and pregnant to go do household chore is just silly, when there is an man in the house who got her pregnant, contributed to the dirty dishes, and should be able to use his brain to understand that this woman is sick and will need help. makes me sick when most men think with their a**es.

if the man washed his plate immediately after he finish eating, will that hurt him. thinking a woman is trying to control you when she asks you to do the dishes is just s*upid.

Tell the man to get off his high horse and help that woman, afterall he promised to be there through thick and thin, so doing the dishes is not even close to the hard times they might face and if he is complaining now, what will he do then. and the fact of the matter is that she shouldn't even have to ask him to do the dishes, he needs to help, marriage is all about being a team.
if u continue seein dis one point of view or from just the female point of view u wil give the wrong advice. Hav u askd urself why d husband refusd or refuses 2 wash d plate 4 his lovin wife? He might just b respondin to something wrong she did or is doin. Neither u nor d poster hav knowledge of what goes on btw the couple in their bedroom, u dont know their conflict or its source. But always rememba dat they are not not newly weds. Not acceptin 2 help her when she demands is only a sign that they are havin other problems. D wife shuld better work on resolvin other issues b4 d husband bcomes a stranger 2 her. Is not washin plate or not helpin in domestic their only problem? U girl are makin noise about plate when d man is probably goin tru hell in his own house. But as per ladies way una b, una go dey pursue rat wen una house dey burn.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ima1(f): 1:44am On Feb 17, 2010
frank3.16:

if u continue seein dis one point of view or from just the female point of view u wil give the wrong advice. Hav u askd urself why d husband refusd or refuses 2 wash d plate 4 his lovin wife? He might just b respondin to something wrong she did or is doin. Neither u nor d poster hav knowledge of what goes on btw the couple in their bedroom, u dont know their conflict or its source. But always rememba dat they are not not newly weds. Not acceptin 2 help her when she demands is only a sign that they are havin other problems. D wife shuld better work on resolvin other issues b4 d husband bcomes a stranger 2 her. Is not washin plate or not helpin in domestic their only problem? U girl are makin noise about plate when d man is probably goin tru hell in his own house. But as per ladies way una b, una go dey pursue rat wen una house dey burn.

i see ur point of view, but that's still not a reason to not assist her with chores, it would not hurt him, and both of them need to work on their issues not just the woman trying her hardest. but its clear that she is pregnant and sick and is unable to perform some activities, the man should put his ego and their issues aside and help.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by frank317: 7:13am On Feb 17, 2010
ima1:

i see your point of view, but that's still not a reason to not assist her with chores, it would not hurt him, and both of them need to work on their issues not just the woman trying her hardest. but its clear that she is pregnant and sick and is unable to perform some activities, the man should put his ego and their issues aside and help.
well, lets reserve our coments ontil we meet them. I promise u, they will resolve their problems in no time. As 4 me, i wil wash and cook 4 my wife whetha she is sick or pregnant or healthy. We wil also cook 2gether. But she must ensure that she dosnt c this as avenue 4 disrespect. Most men avoid this guesture because the end result is usualy insult. D woman suddenly sees it as his duty.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by vivaladiva(f): 7:18am On Feb 17, 2010
nooooooooooooooooooooo naaaa even after am dead he sldnt wash it ooooooo, dat is just disrespectful
oboy some kind retarded question only applies to a certain group of retards i.e pips that need to ask if a husband sud even be asked in the first place to wash the dishes when his wife is sick, na wa 4 naija men n women----even in 2010
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by THEAMAKA(f): 7:19am On Feb 17, 2010
LOLOL!!!
wasnt there are 40-something page thread like this last time? only this one is with a "twist"?
anyway i just read the last few comments. and. .
frank3.16:

this makes no friggin sense!!! what does that have to do with the initial post and helping a lady out when she is sick? stop looking for excuses.
it's just selfish, heartless, and wrong not to help someone out when they're sick.

how would you feel if you were in her shoes?
because of simply washing dishes, shm!!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2010
2 months pregnant ohhhhh

Pregnancy starts showing as from the 3rd month, its not as if she's carrying a massive belly bump that everyone around knows on sight that she's pregnant. . .  When my mum was at that stage, she was probably still playing tennis and footie. . . Even men are now having babies after s-e-x change sef grin grin grin

Like seriously, she needs to get off that her lazy backside and get her affairs into order!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2010
@ topic

no, nothing wrong with it.

If the man feels its beneath him then he can at least wash his own plate after eating, to help reduce the housework.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by lovemoi2(f): 9:29am On Feb 17, 2010
weird question
but i guess this is another ego thing for african men
as in whats the bid deal about washing dishes that you have to ask
what the flyin fucck
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Donvilo(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2010
@Topic. Nah, that ain't good. If the husband really loves the wife in question (even if he is experiencing any kind of prob or may be that the wifey may hav offended him sometime in the past) he should be ready to do anything even if it means washing dishes just to help her out. Well, if he doesn't, then it's a problem. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by hbabe(f): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2010
@Topic: Nothing wrong with it. I won't marry a man I have to ask to wash the dishes when I am ill, any right thinking man will know what to do.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by lovemoi2(f): 9:43am On Feb 17, 2010
whats with all this if he loves you he should, not all relationship have love, sometimes you are in a relationship because you just like someone
i mean some couples cant really say they are inlove but they still fucck and go on dates
that dont mean the man cant help her when she needs someone to do the dishes
what is the big deal about washing the dishes, must she be sick first or must you be inlove first to help her do some house chores
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 10:29am On Feb 17, 2010
See the reason for many single parents today? grin grin grin

Many of them cannot remember mumsy asking popsy to go and wash the dishes but they want their husbands to do that for them. . . I say thats hopeless laziness!

Many can argue that times have changed but neither love nor respect has changed, and as long as these remain constant things cannot change. . . u lose your respect as a woman when u delegate your duties!
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Moyola(f): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2010
There's nothing wrong!

He shouldn't even wait to be told! angry
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 17, 2010
@ whtielexi
'

give it a rest will you
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2010
tpia.:

@ whtielexi
'

give it a rest will you

u nko? tongue tongue

Instead make una advice the yeye girl to respect her husband, una dey promote guerilla warfare. . . Fuelled by the poster's bias, una wan encourage divorce abi??
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by lovemoi2(f): 10:38am On Feb 17, 2010
whitelexi:

. .  u lose your respect as a woman when u delegate your duties!

you see words like that i hate with total passion
what da fucck do u mean by duties please get out of that primitive thinking

if your dignity lies in washing dishes or doing house chores give yah self a check again, cos that only means u are a total looser angry
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Donvilo(m): 10:41am On Feb 17, 2010
lovemoi2:

whats with all this if he loves you he should, not all relationship have love, sometimes you are in a relationship because you just like someone
i mean some couples cant really say they are inlove but they still fucck and go on dates
that dont mean the man cant help her when she needs someone to do the dishes
what is the big deal about washing the dishes, must she be sick first or must you be inlove first to help her do some house chores
There is something that u must know, lovemoi2. Marriage is ORIGINALLY made for faithful couples who love each other truthfully(and not all these so-called relationships that u see in our world today posing as 'marriages') if a couple doesn't love each other, why go into a relationship that they know that even common washing of dishes just to help out their mate(whether illness or not), they find it hard to do. Since, they choose to live that way(i mean going into a relationship without loving their patner). Why bothering complaining about it?
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TeeJay6(m): 10:49am On Feb 17, 2010
lovemoi2:

you see words like that i hate with total passion
what da fucck do u mean by duties please get out of that primitive thinking

if your dignity lies in washing dishes or doing house chores give yah self a check again, cos that only means u are a total looser angry
this is one of the new age women, the modern society is littered with people like you. They believe university degree makes should excuse them from all forms of responsibility, cant cook, wont cook now they see washing dishes used by a family of 4 as big deal that the husband has to be available to do whatever they want.
The result is what we see in the society today, women who dont last 2 years in a matrimonial home; better buck up your ideas marriage is not what hollywood portrays
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Pataki: 10:52am On Feb 17, 2010
I would talk on general terms here as it is rather difficult to say in specifics how the couples involved in this matter should handle their problems, given that we are not privy to their whole story.

First off, a woman should learn one thing. Never ever boss your husband more esp. with house chores! No right thinking egocentric man wants a woman who uses ''excuses'' to start ordering him around the house or even outside the home. Such a man would snap instantly.

That said, a man is empowered to accept responsibility and take it on full force. I am not the type who thinks some house chores are only meant for a woman. Fine if she excels at it, but it does not mean, a woman is defined with specific house chores, more importantly when she is carrying our baby, through which I am the one who banged her joyfully! grin

It is only a useless, senseless and heartless man that does not help his wife out with house chores in moments of difficulties. Doing house chores does not lessen you as a man, neither does it promote your manhood. It only brings peace and harmony to the home.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 17, 2010
see, this is why women have to resort to all kinds of tricks and subterfuges to influence men.

ok- let's use man language.

helping out with the dishes means the wife gets to help you out with intimacy afterwards, because she's less tired.

easier now?
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Moyola(f): 10:58am On Feb 17, 2010
Pataki:

It is only a useless, senseless and heartless man that does not help his wife out with house chores in moments of difficulties. Doing house chores does not lessen you as a man, neither does it promote your manhood. It only brings peace and harmony to the home.

hehe! Jah bless yu son!
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ima1(f): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2010
most men on here are a-holes, the worst times a woman faces when she is pregnant is the first 3 months and last 3 months. and all i can hear is my mom probably did this, my mom probably did that. please grow up, times have changed and that silly naija man ego thing needs to be done with.

we have no idea how the wife in this case asked her husband to do the dishes, so we can't assume she bossed him around. most naija men just have this village type ego stupidity, n i'm sick n tired of it, i got that poo alot from my dad and it makes me sick to my stomach, when he tries to pull the my way or the highway crap.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by vivaladiva(f): 11:52am On Feb 17, 2010
wats wrong wiv baby can u do the dishes pls am tired,,,,,sry but i really dont deal wiv men lik this
no matter wat went wrong in my previous rel, i cn say one thing for sure, household shores wasnt a prob,,,,somehow without even saying we knew wat n wat we were responsible 4,he wld do his lundry,take out the rubish n hover the house
normally i wld handle the cookin n do the dishes,clean the bathroom,do my own lundry of cos etc
didnt stop him frm doing the dishes once in a while n if i was sick,he wld do it 4 sure
n b4 u thik he was some mumu ugly man, let me assure u that he is a v good looking man,proper ladies man, ego the size of mount everest

my current partner is cute to death, he is a commercial helicopter pilot n trust me he does the dishes every now n then and the last time he was around,just after the birth of our lil gal, he washed the bathroom,jst b4 he travelled and yes he is a nigerian
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
ima1:

times have changed and that silly naija man ego thing needs to be done with.

After all the noise, they still end up marrying a naija man and doing the same things they call lame grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by THEAMAKA(f): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2010
hmmmmm i like what stillwater said.
that's gonna be my motto.
grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2010
^^^My friend, get into that kitchen and wash up those plates, and stop showing me your 32 teeth! angry
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by shetani: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
why shd he wait to wash dishes only when u are sick?
why shd he wait t o wash dishes only when u ask him

he shd do it willingly and especially when u are sick

the Olodo!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ima1(f): 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
whitelexi:

After all the noise, they still end up marrying a naija man and doing the same things they call lame grin grin grin

i did end up with a naija man, who is smart enough to wash his plates when he is done eating, and help me around the house without me even having to ask

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Is Gay Bt Married To Straight N Sleeps With Her Sister-in-law! Advice Needed / What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? / Boyfriends Ranked Best To Worst Based On Zodiac Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.