Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,008 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick (5982 Views)

Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend / Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by H2O2: 9:00pm On Feb 15, 2010
lol @ whitelexi

by FBS
Let them be. It's none of your business.

But if you are talking on general terms, then it's no big deal. . .The man I assume can wash the dishes without even the wife asking him to do that.

Truth is, no one likes to be bossed around. Man or woman.

Anyways I agree with all of what this man said.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by chic2pimp(m): 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
What a silly question to ask undecided
Ofcourse there is nothing wrong
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by H2O2: 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
whitelexi:

The simple truth of the matter is that naija girls of now-a-days are just plain lazy, and are trying to adopt the western culture which will never work well with their men. How can u even stand there and proudly proclaim that he helps out when not asked but refuses to do anything when told to, that simply points at the fact that he doesn't like the way she tells him to do things which she should be doing. . . I still stand on my point, she needs to get off that lazy butt of hers and get her affairs into order!

Nonesense! tongue

All of this is completel sensible and true.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Cyberfreak(f): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
@all the males saying the sick woman should work,
I hope that the men your daughters marry in future have the same way of thinking that you do.
Especially whitelexi. wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by chic2pimp(m): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
H2O2:

All of this is completel sensible and true.
Hehehehe grin grin grin
I guess he's got a point cheesy grin

TBH, I really don't see what's wrong in helping out when she is pregnant or ill especially if she is a really good wife/woman.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by H2O2: 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
Cyberfreak:

I hope that the men your daughters marry in future have the same way of thinking that you do.
must you be so bitter.

no need to reign curses on people's future generations because you disagree with their opinion.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by H2O2: 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2010
chic2pimp:

Hehehehe grin grin grin
I guess he's got a point cheesy grin

TBH, I really don't see what's wrong in helping out when she is pregnant or ill especially if she is a really good wife/woman.

i know my wife wouldn't need to tell me that before my common sense dictates to me that it's the considerate thing to do.

as this babe carry somebody else wahala put on top her chest, being partial to the woman, i don't get it.  if the man helps out willingly without her having to request, why would he now in this time that she needs his help the most turn a cold and cruel shoulder to her with their baby on the way?

maybe she was trying to walk all over him being rude, maybe she was ordering him about? we don't really know the full story yet so i won't shoot down the poor guy.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by chic2pimp(m): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2010
H2O2:

i know my wife wouldn't need to tell me that before my common sense dictates to me that it's the considerate thing to do.

as this babe carry somebody else wahala put on top her chest, being partial to the woman, i don't get it.  if the man helps out willingly without her having to request, why would he now in this time that she needs his help the most turn a cold and cruel shoulder to her with their baby on the way?

maybe she was trying to walk all over him being rude, maybe she was ordering him about? we don't really know the full story yet so i won't shoot down the poor guy.
I can't argue with the part I highlighted.

I also won't get myself worked up on the lady's replygrin. I guess she was only trying to defend her fellow woman grin grin

Lastly you do have a point on not knowing the full story. As I always say, there is always two sides to every stoty wink.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Cyberfreak(f): 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
@H202,
I really meant hit no harm to be honest. I just wrote that because I think the only way he would acknowledge that his thinking was flawed was if he was personally affected by it one way or another.
And btw, lol. Why do you regard it as a curse? I only wished your daughters marry men that think like you do. Do you liken it to a curse for a person to wish a man like you for your daughter? Lolol grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by H2O2: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
Cyberfreak:

@H202,
I really meant hit no harm to be honest. I just wrote that because I think the only way he would acknowledge that his thinking was flawed was if he was personally affected by it one way or another.
And btw, lol. Why do you regard it as a curse? I only wished your daughters marry men that think like you do. Do you liken it to a curse for a person to wish a man like you for your daughter? Lolol grin grin
lol my foot you meant it as harm because you disagree with what he's said.

no, i always wish to be a better person. the best i can be.

i wish a man much better than me for my daughter. not that i'm a bad person.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Busybody2(f): 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2010
@TEE-JAY

The lady narrating this story told it from the man's angle i.e. she told the story as the man told her, so whats your take on the matter now things are a bit clear Mister?

@post
I'd never date talkless of marry such. What is wrong with a man doing the dishes even when the woman is not sick or pregnant.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by MaiSuya(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2010
@topic,

It all depends on the manner of approach.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ruskiee(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
The husband doesn't want to help. Is that what this is all about?
Let them get a nanny then. Some men are like that when their wives are knocked up-they become irritated and attention seeking babies. But hey what do i know. tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by adamooye5(m): 10:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
similar question was posted in a group on facebook(naija battle of the sexes), On my opinion i feel it's not bad, so long as the reason is justified. grin

Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by H2O2: 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^^ not the whole equality crap again. just another way of saying women should strive to become men so they adopt a combative mentality of anything you can do i can do as well.

mschew
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by 404eater(m): 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2010
H2O2:

must you be so bitter.

no need to reign curses on people's future generations because you disagree with their opinion.

its not a curse sef.
Let the man pikin marry a guy just like him
To him it should be a blessing lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 9:05am On Feb 16, 2010
Cyberfreak:

When children are brought up properly, this is not a problem for them. . . It is those children that wake up and run to watch tv that end up in homes where this becomes an issue.
It is also women who are this lazy that bring up children who cannot even sweep or dust around the house. . . They wait on nannies to give them a shower at an adult age grin grin grin

@Cyberfreak: I know u r a freak from your name and comments, but dont worry, my kids will be well brought up cos their mum will not be a lazy-western-culture-wanna-be like u are grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ogazi007(m): 9:53am On Feb 16, 2010
ibkaye:

I feel like squeezing your head into juice cheesy
why juice?palmwine would be better.some African women just wanna be like Michelle Obama period.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by seguntijan(m): 10:10am On Feb 16, 2010
as for me i will employ a housemaid for her
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2010
seguntijan:

as for me i will employ a housemaid for her

LMAO

No go employ Ekaette oh, she go surely get belle grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by KennyG6(m): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2010
I see the " Equality for women" brigade have managed to turn the thread on ts head
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by DrKabir: 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2010
Pls u better mind ur religion "blaming God"Hmmmmm. tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by seun0622(m): 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2010
@poster

There is absolutely nothing wrong in d husband taking care of household chores for d wife,especially when she is pregnant.
From your thread, i want 2 beleive they ve been married for a while and probably the man might have been doing this for her in the past but the man s response to her request was not probably motivated by the request itself but by the manner of presentation of the request by the wife.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by erepa4real: 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2010
Well, I don't see anything wrong there. It also depends on the woman's tone when telling him and should all times. Also, I think the woman don't need to tell him before he does it, since the woman is sick and cannot do anything in the name of pregnancy, I suggest the husband should employ a helper for the time period since their children are not yet grown up to wash whatever dishes.

Pregnancy comes in different behaviors so, I believe, they two should understanding when it comes to this kind of situations. [/color]
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by frank317: 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2010
Dis is what happns wen u marry a bad woman. @poster i can c dat u want 2 break dat family. By d time u take d advice i c females on dis thread, trouble don gas 4 dat family. Leave them 2 manage themselves. U werent there wen they had their 1st & 2nd kids. Why now? I have a feelin u are a bad influence. Hw many times does ur own husband wash ur plates. The man is not complainin that his wife cant cook(since u are now their cook), why is she complainin about him washin plate. Wen they go settle 4 bed, na u go b topic of discussion
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2010
Dis is what happns wen u marry a bad woman. @poster i can c dat u want 2 break dat family. By d time u take d advice i c females on dis thread, trouble don gas 4 dat family. Leave them 2 manage themselves. U werent there wen they had their 1st & 2nd kids. Why now? I have a feelin u are a bad influence. Hw many times does your own husband wash your plates. The man is not complainin that his wife cant cook(since u are now their cook), why is she complainin about him washin plate. Wen they go settle 4 bed, na u go b topic of discussion

Well they brought me in to this matter because i am that close to them,if the husband feels am a bad influence i am sure he will not discuss this with me.
And i was their when they had there 1st and 2nd and as a friend i help her out sometimes, the same way she helps me out when i need her help.

As for cooking for her sometimes, let me tell you a home truth some pregnant women cannot eat what they cook because they have taken in so much aroma of the food, when they try to eat the food they end up vomiting everything they have eaten,(i am talking from experience )and they end up starving themselves.

As for my husband washing up and doing some choirs i am proud to say he helps me out, although it was not so at first, it all changed when i had to go into hospital for a week due to sickness, he had to deal with the two kids by himself and he could see that taking care of the home was not an easy task for a healthy person, talk less of someone unwell.

I personally have advised, she does what she can do when she has the strength and leave the rest until she is strong enough to do them.(i do not think this is an advice of someone trying to break a home).

i do pray and hope it is resolved. .
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2010
Dis is what happns wen u marry a bad woman.

if she is a bad woman i doubt he will keep putting her in the family way
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TOPE20001(f): 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2010
There is nothing wrong with it, but it all depends on how u asked him.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 9:55pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^ she sup-posed to get down on her knees and plea??
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TOPE20001(f): 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2010
Girl pls, it depends on the tone of voice she used when she asked.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by H2O2: 10:05pm On Feb 16, 2010
TOPE2000!:

lol that's common sense.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2010
TOPE2000!:

hmmm

high pitched tone??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oh BOY! Nigerian Student Breaks World Record For Longer Sex Ever" / Padding Up??? Are U Guilty Of This? For D Ladies Only / Funny Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.