Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God (4136 Views)

Why Did God Cast Satan From Heaven To Earth / How Could Satan Re-enter Heaven To Talk To God About Job? / Prophet Bushiri:Miracle Fire Descends from Heaven To Burn Charms(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

Your reinforcement will fail you. You opened a thread you can't defend. You lifted two totally different incidents from the Bible yet with all the common sense you claim to have, you couldn't decipher that they are indeed different.

If as at when Christ was presented in the Temple for dedication and circumcision was when when King demanded the Male kids be killed, do you think Jesus would have survived inside the Temple in the Domain where King Herod was a king?

Your common sense did not tell you that as at when the Maggi came to Jerusalem looking for Jesus him and his parents weren't hiding yet.

Clap for yourself. You became an atheist so that you insult your elders.

I have schooled you enough.

You are waiting for reenforcement yeah? Keep waiting. The one who called us has ran away by the way. Enjoy your long wait.
grin... That is why I hate insulting people especially ladies... They show the pains a lot, sorry sis.

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

Have you bothered to read the passage he quoted? The intelligent thing to do would ve been to post it out here for the world to see. Have you read it to see if it corroborates his claims? Or you just believe he is right because he says so?
I have no problem with whatever he said (I am indifferent towards the outcome whether true to false). The responsibility is on you guys to either refute or corroborate his claims.

I told you that I am an advocate of live and let's live. We can all coexist without forcing each other to our point of view
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
bobowaja:

I have no problem with whatever he said (I am indifferent towards the outcome whether true to false). The responsibility is on you guys to either refute or corroborate his claims.

I told you that I am an advocate of live and let's live. We can all coexist without forcing each other to our point of view
What a kindhearted and peace maker you are, God bless you bro cool

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
bobowaja:

I never got lost, I was enlightened beyond the scope of religion and embraced my God without any form of mediator between us

So you knew all these, you too are not to far from becoming like me

So you knew the whole thing was a pure fabrications? That's good

I have heard Christianity is not a religion countless time while every doctrines of religion is present in it. But this your new version of people labeling them Christians is alien to me (according to your Bible you guys picked up the name to feel Christ like)

You mean one of the Roman emperors that actually project Christianity into limelight? Without him, Christianity won't be where it is today.

bobowaja:

I never got lost, I was enlightened beyond the scope of religion and embraced my God without any form of mediator between us
Interesting. Your God is obviously different from mine. But, that's okay. You choose you live by your choice.[/quote]

bobowaja:

So you knew all these, you too are not to far from becoming like me
become like you? Sorry mate, we choose different paths, but we shall meet at the Great White Throne Judgment seat.

bobowaja:

So you knew the whole thing was a pure fabrications? That's good
The whole what was fabrication?

bobowaja:

I have heard Christianity is not a religion countless time while every doctrines of religion is present in it.
That's the thing, you depend on people telling you what you need to know. A man who doesn't know where he is going to, everywhere will be looking like his destination.
Can you presents the elements of religion inside Christianity?

bobowaja:

But this your new version of people labeling them Christians is alien to me (according to your Bible you guys picked up the name to feel Christ like)
And you said you were a Christian? You knew enough about it's creed that you found it inadequate hence you opted out for enlightenment somewhere else.

So according to our Bible, we Christians picked up the name eh? Can you pls help me with the passage that states this? It shouldn't be hard, seeing you have been a Christian who knew Christianity well enough to know it was fabricated.

bobowaja:

You mean one of the Roman emperors that actually project Christianity into limelight? Without him, Christianity won't be where it is today
Oh Yeah? So Christianity was dead before the Roman emperor Projected it? Now i see why you got lost. Lol.

The version of Christianity according to the Romans was not meant to spread to everywhere, it was meant to remain in one single language, Latin. And it was meant to remain locked up in Rome. It was meant to be used as a political instrument of control.

Without Rome the Evangelical Christianity spread like wild fire. The Catholic Church sort out Christians and burnt them on stakes with the Bible they had translated to enable others of different languages read it for themselves.

For your info, the projection of Christianity is the work of the Holy Spirit, not the work of any man or an organization. well, you wouldn't know this since you believe the Catholic Church who have tried by all means to pollute, dilute and sub change Christianity is responsible for her projection . Wow.

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
bobowaja:

That's why you have no business trying to insult Felix's intelligence. We know the passage he quoted to be far from corroborating each other. They are different incidents that it's really going to be very stupid for any sane person to make the claims he made in this thread.

How can he say at the point Jesus was 8days old and was taken for circumcision and dedication was when Jesus was hid in the Temple for 12years.
Does this kid know anything about the Jewish Temple and it's layout?

He needs to do a research on that.
Where did Jesus and his parents lived for that 12yrs? In the out Court, The Inner Chamber or the Holy of Holies? Kids run around talking stupid.

I know he is a kid with a smartphone who sees that atheists open threads and abandon them but gets on insulting Christians, notwithstanding, i decided to spend this time contributing here for the sake of the audience reading not even for him.

If you didn't call him to order, he'd ve gone off hauling insults on us, but it doesn't bother me, because in real life, he can't be my house help.
Good nite.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
let me just state it here and now..if u all like quote me..but na una business be that..
I believe the bible and will continue to believe the bible..whether everyone on NL becomes atheist....
Its my belief..my problem.my mind..
If u dont believe the bible..fine...ur business!...but i will continue praying for u...
Do have a lovely day and night .... smiley

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
grin... That is why I hate insulting people especially ladies... They show the pains a lot, sorry sis.
It doesn't matter if you insult me, i know you'd do the same to your mom, so why shd i bother. But If you were my son, then, then i'd know what to do to you if you insult your elders.

Na who born monkey?
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 5:59am On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

It doesn't matter if you insult me, i know you'd do the same to your mom, so why shd i bother. But If you were my son, then, then i'd know what to do to you if you insult your elders.

Na who born monkey?
Well, I have apologized for insulting you. But instead you to respect yourself, no undecided

But why will the bolded be said by someone who indirectly trying to say she is old enough to be my Mom?

and besides how can insulting someone on a faceless forum refers to insulting ones Mom.

If I respect you, you should respect yourself, peace.

He he he, this small small girls sha

Is this maturity?

or stupiduty?

Well don't come back here to insult your Daddy or else I will have no choice but to flog the demon out of you.

Claim you are older to be my Mummy and I will claim to be your ancestor grin

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:18am On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

That's why you have no business trying to insult Felix's intelligence. We know the passage he quoted to be far from corroborating each other. They are different incidents that it's really going to be very stupid for any sane person to make the claims he made in this thread.

How can he say at the point Jesus was 8days old and was taken for circumcision and dedication was when Jesus was hid in the Temple for 12years.

Where did Jesus and his parents lived for that 12yrs? In the out Court, The Inner Chamber or the Holy of Holies? Kids run around talking stupid.

I know he is a kid with a smartphone who sees that atheists open threads and abandon them but gets on insulting Christians, notwithstanding, i decided to spend this time contributing here for the sake of the audience reading not even for him.

If you didn't call him to order, he'd ve gone off hauling insults on us, but it doesn't bother me, because in real life, he can't be my house help.
Good nite.
See this girl sha, I can't and will never be your house help.

God provides for everybody so no quata wink

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:23am On Aug 13, 2017
Bridgetania:
let me just state it here and now..if u all like quote me..but na una business be that..
I believe the bible and will continue to believe the bible..whether everyone on NL becomes atheist....
Its my belief..my problem.my mind..
If u dont believe the bible..fine...ur business!...but i will continue praying for u...
Do have a lovely day and night .... smiley
grin well thanks.

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 8:06am On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

Good nite.

Matthew and Luke disagree

Matthew and Luke give two contradictory genealogies for Joseph (Matthew 1:2-17 and Luke 3:23-38). They cannot even agree on who the father of Joseph was. Church apologists try to eliminate this discrepancy by suggesting that the genealogy in Luke is actually Mary's, even though Luke says explicitly that it is Joseph's genealogy (Luke 3:23). Christians have had problems reconciling the two genealogies since at least the early fourth century. It was then that Eusebius, a "Church Father," wrote in his The History of the Church, "each believer has been only too eager to dilate at length on these passages."

THE ANGEL'S MESSAGE

In Matthew, the angel appears to Joseph in a dream and tells him that Mary's child will save his people from their sins. In Luke, the angel tells Mary that her son will be great, he will be called the Son of the Most High and will rule on David's throne forever. A short time later Mary tells Elizabeth that all generations will consider her (Mary) blessed because of the child that will be born to her.

If this were true, Mary and Joseph should have had the highest regard for their son. Instead, we read in Mark 3:20-21 that Jesus' family tried to take custody of him because they thought he had lost his mind. And later, in Mark 6:4-6 Jesus complained that he received no honor among his own relatives and his own household.

JESUS AND JOHN THE BAPTIST

A. WHAT DID JOHN THE BAPTIST KNOW ABOUT JESUS AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?

John's first encounter with Jesus was while both of them were still in their mothers' wombs, at which time John, apparently recognizing his Saviour, leaped for joy (Luke 1:44). Much later, while John is baptizing, he refers to Jesus as "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world", and "the Son of God" (John 1:29,36). Later still, John is thrown in prison from which he does not return alive. John's definite knowledge of Jesus as the son of God and saviour of the world is explicitly contradicted by Luke 7:18-23 in which the imprisoned John sends two of his disciples to ask Jesus, "Are you the one who is coming, or do we look for someone else?"

B. WHY DID JOHN BAPTIZE JESUS?

John baptized for repentance (Matthew 3:11). Since Jesus was supposedly without sin, he had nothing to repent of. The fact that he was baptized by John has always been an embarrassment to the church. The gospels offer no explanation for Jesus' baptism, apart from the meaningless explanation given in Matthew 3:14-15 "to fulfill all righteousness." Other passages, which indicate that Jesus did not consider himself sinless, are also an embarrassment to the church (Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19).

Luke, who claims to be chronological (Luke 1:3), tries to give the impression that John did not baptize Jesus. Luke's account of Jesus' baptism occurs after the account of John's imprisonment (Luke 3:20-21).

C. WHY DIDN'T JOHN THE BAPTIST BECOME A FOLLOWER OF JESUS?

If John knew that Jesus was the son of God, why didn't he become a disciple of Jesus? And why didn't all, or even most, of John's disciples become Jesus' disciples? Most of John's disciples remained loyal to him, even after his death, and a sect of his followers persisted for centuries.

The gospel writers were forced to include Jesus' baptism in their gospels so that they could play it down. They could not ignore it because John's followers and other Jews who knew of Jesus' baptism were using the fact of his baptism to challenge the idea that Jesus was the sinless son of God. The gospel writers went to great pains to invent events that showed John as being subordinate to Jesus.

JUDAS ISCARIOT

It is very unclear in the gospels just what Judas Iscariot's betrayal consisted of, probably because there was absolutely no need for a betrayal. Jesus could have been arrested any number of times without the general populace knowing about it. It would have been simple to keep tabs on his whereabouts. The religious authorities did not need a betrayal - only the gospel writers needed a betrayal, so that a few more "prophecies" could be fulfilled. The whole episode is pure fiction - and, as might be expected, it is riddled with contradictions.

1. The prophecy

Matthew says that Judas' payment and death were prophesied by Jeremiah, and then he quotes Zechariah 11:12-13 as proof!

2. Thirty pieces of silver

According to Matthew 26:15, the chief priests "weighed out thirty pieces of silver" to give to Judas. There are two things wrong with this:

a. There were no "pieces of silver" used as currency in Jesus' time - they had gone out of circulation about 300 years before.

b. In Jesus' time, minted coins were used - currency was not "weighed out."

By using phrases that made sense in Zechariah's time but not in Jesus' time Matthew once again gives away the fact that he creates events in his gospel to match "prophecies" he finds in the Old Testament.

3. Who bought the Field of Blood?

a. In Matthew 27:7 the chief priests buy the field.

b. In Acts 1:18 Judas buys the field.

4. How did Judas die?

a. In Matthew 27:5 Judas hangs himself.

b. In Acts 1:18 he bursts open and his insides spill out.

c. According to the apostle Paul, neither of the above is true. Paul says Jesus appeared to "the twelve" after his resurrection. Mark 14:20 makes it clear that Judas was one of the twelve.

In Matthew 19:28, Jesus tells the twelve disciples, including Judas, that when Jesus rules from his throne, they will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

5. How did the Field of Blood get its name?

a. Matthew says because it was purchased with blood money (Matthew 27:6-cool.

b. Acts says because of the bloody mess caused by Judas' bursting open (Acts 1:18-19).
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2017
bobowaja:

Matthew and Luke disagree

Matthew and Luke give two contradictory genealogies for Joseph (Matthew 1:2-17 and Luke 3:23-38). They cannot even agree on who the father of Joseph was. Church apologists try to eliminate this discrepancy by suggesting that the genealogy in Luke is actually Mary's, even though Luke says explicitly that it is Joseph's genealogy (Luke 3:23). Christians have had problems reconciling the two genealogies since at least the early fourth century. It was then that Eusebius, a "Church Father," wrote in his The History of the Church, "each believer has been only too eager to dilate at length on these passages."

THE ANGEL'S MESSAGE

In Matthew, the angel appears to Joseph in a dream and tells him that Mary's child will save his people from their sins. In Luke, the angel tells Mary that her son will be great, he will be called the Son of the Most High and will rule on David's throne forever. A short time later Mary tells Elizabeth that all generations will consider her (Mary) blessed because of the child that will be born to her.

If this were true, Mary and Joseph should have had the highest regard for their son. Instead, we read in Mark 3:20-21 that Jesus' family tried to take custody of him because they thought he had lost his mind. And later, in Mark 6:4-6 Jesus complained that he received no honor among his own relatives and his own household.

JESUS AND JOHN THE BAPTIST

A. WHAT DID JOHN THE BAPTIST KNOW ABOUT JESUS AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?

John's first encounter with Jesus was while both of them were still in their mothers' wombs, at which time John, apparently recognizing his Saviour, leaped for joy (Luke 1:44). Much later, while John is baptizing, he refers to Jesus as "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world", and "the Son of God" (John 1:29,36). Later still, John is thrown in prison from which he does not return alive. John's definite knowledge of Jesus as the son of God and saviour of the world is explicitly contradicted by Luke 7:18-23 in which the imprisoned John sends two of his disciples to ask Jesus, "Are you the one who is coming, or do we look for someone else?"

B. WHY DID JOHN BAPTIZE JESUS?

John baptized for repentance (Matthew 3:11). Since Jesus was supposedly without sin, he had nothing to repent of. The fact that he was baptized by John has always been an embarrassment to the church. The gospels offer no explanation for Jesus' baptism, apart from the meaningless explanation given in Matthew 3:14-15 "to fulfill all righteousness." Other passages, which indicate that Jesus did not consider himself sinless, are also an embarrassment to the church (Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19).

Luke, who claims to be chronological (Luke 1:3), tries to give the impression that John did not baptize Jesus. Luke's account of Jesus' baptism occurs after the account of John's imprisonment (Luke 3:20-21).

C. WHY DIDN'T JOHN THE BAPTIST BECOME A FOLLOWER OF JESUS?

If John knew that Jesus was the son of God, why didn't he become a disciple of Jesus? And why didn't all, or even most, of John's disciples become Jesus' disciples? Most of John's disciples remained loyal to him, even after his death, and a sect of his followers persisted for centuries.

The gospel writers were forced to include Jesus' baptism in their gospels so that they could play it down. They could not ignore it because John's followers and other Jews who knew of Jesus' baptism were using the fact of his baptism to challenge the idea that Jesus was the sinless son of God. The gospel writers went to great pains to invent events that showed John as being subordinate to Jesus.

JUDAS ISCARIOT

It is very unclear in the gospels just what Judas Iscariot's betrayal consisted of, probably because there was absolutely no need for a betrayal. Jesus could have been arrested any number of times without the general populace knowing about it. It would have been simple to keep tabs on his whereabouts. The religious authorities did not need a betrayal - only the gospel writers needed a betrayal, so that a few more "prophecies" could be fulfilled. The whole episode is pure fiction - and, as might be expected, it is riddled with contradictions.

1. The prophecy

Matthew says that Judas' payment and death were prophesied by Jeremiah, and then he quotes Zechariah 11:12-13 as proof!

2. Thirty pieces of silver

According to Matthew 26:15, the chief priests "weighed out thirty pieces of silver" to give to Judas. There are two things wrong with this:

a. There were no "pieces of silver" used as currency in Jesus' time - they had gone out of circulation about 300 years before.

b. In Jesus' time, minted coins were used - currency was not "weighed out."

By using phrases that made sense in Zechariah's time but not in Jesus' time Matthew once again gives away the fact that he creates events in his gospel to match "prophecies" he finds in the Old Testament.

3. Who bought the Field of Blood?

a. In Matthew 27:7 the chief priests buy the field.

b. In Acts 1:18 Judas buys the field.

4. How did Judas die?

a. In Matthew 27:5 Judas hangs himself.

b. In Acts 1:18 he bursts open and his insides spill out.

c. According to the apostle Paul, neither of the above is true. Paul says Jesus appeared to "the twelve" after his resurrection. Mark 14:20 makes it clear that Judas was one of the twelve.

In Matthew 19:28, Jesus tells the twelve disciples, including Judas, that when Jesus rules from his throne, they will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

5. How did the Field of Blood get its name?

a. Matthew says because it was purchased with blood money (Matthew 27:6-cool.

b. Acts says because of the bloody mess caused by Judas' bursting open (Acts 1:18-19).

What a break down! kiss

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 8:22am On Aug 13, 2017
JESUS' TRIALS, DEATH AND RESURRECTION

A. THE Trials

Before listing the contradictions regarding the trials of Jesus, it should be stated that the whole episode is quite obviously a fabrication. Anyone familiar with Jewish law recognizes the impossibility of the chief priests and scribes arresting Jesus and assembling to question him during the most holy of Jewish festivals.

1. Where was Jesus taken immediately after his arrest?

a. Matthew, Mark and Luke say that Jesus was taken directly to the high priest (Matthew 26:57, Mark 14:53 and Luke 22:54).

b. John says that Jesus was taken first to Annas, the father-in-law of the high priest (John 18:13) who, after an indeterminate period of time, sent Jesus to the high priest (John 18:24).

2. When did the priests and scribes gather together to question Jesus?

a. Matthew 26:57 says that on the night Jesus was arrested the priests and scribes were gathered together prior to Jesus being brought to the high priest.

b. Mark 14:53 says the priests and scribes gathered together on the night of Jesus' arrest after Jesus was brought to the high priest.

c. Luke 22:66 says the priests and scribes assembled the day after Jesus was arrested.

d. John mentions only the high priest - no other priests or scribes play a role in questioning Jesus.

3. Was Jesus questioned by Herod?

a. Luke says that Pilate sent Jesus to Herod who questioned Jesus at length and then returned Jesus to Pilate (Luke 23:7-11).

b. Matthew, Mark and John make no mention of Herod. This, in itself, means nothing, but it brings about another contradiction later.

4. Who was responsible for Jesus' death, Pilate or the Jews?

The gospel writers go to every conceivable length to absolve the Romans in general, and Pilate in particular, of Jesus' crucifixion and to blame it on the Jews. The reason, of course, was that Christianity was going to have to exist under Roman rule for many years, which is why the New Testament contains nothing critical of the Romans, even though they were hated for their heavy taxation, and Pilate was hated for his brutality.

For the church, the Jews made an appropriate scapegoat because the Jews were a thorn in side of the early church. The Jews, of course, had far greater knowledge of Jewish laws and traditions than the largely gentile church, and were able to call attention to some of the errors being taught by the church.

The Biblical account of Pilate's offer to release Jesus but the Jews demanding the release of Barabbas is pure fiction, containing both contradictions and historical inaccuracies.

a. What had Barabbas done?

1. Mark 15:7 and Luke 23:19 say that Barabbas was guilty of insurrection and murder.

2. John 18:40 says that Barabbas was a robber.

b. Pilate's "custom" of releasing a prisoner at Passover.

This is pure invention - the only authority given by Rome to a Roman governor in situations like this was postponement of execution until after the religious festival. Release was out of the question. It is included in the gospels for the sole purpose of further removing blame for Jesus' death from Pilate and placing it on the Jews.

c. Pilate gives in to the mob.

The gospels have Pilate giving in to an unruly mob. This is ridiculous in light of Pilate's previous and subsequent history. Josephus tells us that Pilate's method of crowd control was to send his soldiers into the mob and beat them (often killing them) into submission. Pilate was eventually recalled to Rome because of his brutality.

5. Who put the robe on Jesus?

a. Matthew 27:28, Mark 15:17 and John 19:2 say that after Pilate had Jesus scourged and turned over to his soldiers to be crucified, the soldiers placed a scarlet or purple robe on Jesus as well as a crown of thorns.

b. Luke 23:11, in contradiction to Matthew, Mark and John, says that the robe was placed on Jesus much earlier by Herod and his soldiers. Luke mentions no crown of thorns.

B. THE Crucifixion

1. Crucified between two robbers

Matthew 27:38 and Mark 15:27 say that Jesus was crucified between two robbers (Luke just calls them criminals; John simply calls them men). It is a historical fact that the Romans did not crucify robbers. Crucifixion was reserved for insurrectionists and rebellious slaves.

2. Peter and Mary near the cross

When the gospel writers mention Jesus talking to his mother and to Peter from the cross, they run afoul of another historical fact - the Roman soldiers closely guarded the places of execution, and nobody was allowed near (least of all friends and family who might attempt to help the condemned person).

3. The opened tombs

According to Matthew 27:51-53, at the moment Jesus died there was an earthquake that opened tombs and many people were raised from the dead. For some reason they stayed in their tombs until after Jesus was resurrected, at which time they went into Jerusalem and were seen by many people.

Here Matthew gets too dramatic for his own good. If many people came back to life and were seen by many people, it must have created quite a stir (even if the corpses were in pretty good shape!). Yet Matthew seems to be the only person aware of this happening - historians of that time certainly know nothing of it - neither do the other gospel writers.

C. THE Resurrection

1. Who found the empty tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:1, only "Mary Magdalene and the other Mary."

b. According to Mark 16:1, "Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome."

c. According to Luke 23:55, 24:1 and 24:10, "the women who had come with him out of Galilee." Among these women were "Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James." Luke indicates in verse 24:10 that there were at least two others.

d. According to John 20:1-4, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb alone, saw the stone removed, ran to find Peter, and returned to the tomb with Peter and another disciple.

2. Who did they find at the tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:2-4, an angel of the Lord with an appearance like lightning was sitting on the stone that had been rolled away. Also present were the guards that Pilate had contributed. On the way back from the tomb the women meet Jesus (Matthew 28:9).

b. According to Mark 16:5, a young man in a white robe was sitting inside the tomb.

c. According to Luke 24:4, two men in dazzling apparel. It is not clear if the men were inside the tomb or outside of it.

d. According to John 20:4-14, Mary and Peter and the other disciple initially find just an empty tomb. Peter and the other disciple enter the tomb and find only the wrappings. Then Peter and the other disciple leave and Mary looks in the tomb to find two angels in white. After a short conversation with the angels, Mary turns around to find Jesus.

3. Who did the women tell about the empty tomb?

a. According to Mark 16:8, "they said nothing to anyone."

b. According to Matthew 28:8, they "ran to report it to His disciples."

c. According to Luke 24:9, "they reported these things to the eleven and to all the rest."

d. According to John 20:18, Mary Magdalene announces to the disciples that she has seen the Lord.

V. THE Ascension

According to Luke 24:51, Jesus' ascension took place in Bethany, on the same day as his resurrection.

According to Acts 1:9-12, Jesus' ascension took place at Mount Olivet, forty days after his resurrection.

These are just like a tip of an iceberg from what I know to be contradicting in the Bible (don't make me bring more cause you may start fighting for your creed). So Miss/Mrs 701ecilana, can you still tell me that I am on the wrong road while your own is the right one? You guys should just stick with the fathom interpretation of the Bible by the controversial Holy Spirit and not by trying to explain your faith through logic and intelligent arguments cause you won't have any resources to do so. That been said, please try as much as possible to sticks to what you belief and leave others whose ideas or thinking doesn't align with yours - Remember you can't fight for God because He is omnipotent (the all powerful). Thanks as you heed to my advise. Happy Sunday to you.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2017
I just must help and put this on the front page grin

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

Good nite.

I guess you need to read this cheesy

andeemoore:
*Signs of Matured Christians*
✅ They speak the truth at all times
✅ They are good listeners
✅ They hardly take offense
✅ They are quick to forgive
✅ They are reliable
✅ They are supportive
✅ They have appetite for prayer and fasting
✅ They rely on the Word of God
✅ The more God lifts them up, the more they become humble
✅ They hardly defend themselves
✅ They are quick to repent
✅ They seek peace and pursue it
✅ They love people and they are compassionate
✅ They know when to talk and when to be quiet
✅ They are full of wisdom in many aspects of life
✅ They respect people and are very sensitive to people's feelings
✅ They have a lot of patience and they are not short tempered
✅ They fear God
✅ They give honour where it is due
✅ They are content with what they have
✅ They have good leadership skills
✅ They are hospitable
✅ They are not carried away by all kinds of teachings
✅ They are good followers
✅ They have a sacrificial spirit
✅ They don't gossip and look down on people
✅ They have faith
✅ They take part in church activities and attend church regularly
✅ They are clean in every aspect of life
✅ Their spirits are sensitive, they hate sin
✅ They don't act holier than others
✅ They don't compete with others

*Ask yourself: Am I a matured Christian?*�
May God give us the grace to identify and work on our weak areas.

https://m.facebook.com/ChosenNews/posts/1509702675747761

Please join me to forward it.

When I say you're a fish brain you thought I insulted you.. No, it is just the fact tongue

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Miss/Mrs 701ecilana, where are you? You said I belief KinzyeWriter without checking it out and I brought out the evidence for you. Pls let's discuss the above as it pertains to tour faith.

I won't even bother mentioning felixomor (I have my reasons)

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
Miss/Mrs 701ecilana, where are you? You said I believe KinzyeWriter without checking it out and I brought out the evidence for you (but you decided to ignore it). Pls let's discuss the above as it pertains to your faith.

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by felixomor: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
bobowaja:
Miss/Mrs 701ecilana, where are you? You said I believe KinzyeWriter without checking it out and I brought out the evidence for you (but you decided to ignore it). Pls let's discuss the above as it pertains to your faith.

Good u didnt bother.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
felixomor:

Good u didnt bother.

Because I know that you won't know what to say than to abuse. But if you think you can attempt them, then try, but this time intelligently
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
felixomor:

Good u didnt bother.
Am ignoring them left, right, center.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

The question is too heavy abi?
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 12:53am On Aug 14, 2017
701ecilana:

Mama try to tell me I was wrong with what I quoted and not just ignoring. If you are so sure of your belief then back it up or leave others who don't belief in whatever ur faith is. I know it is hard for you to defense given the clear evidence I provided above......but u can as well take it to your pastor or drop it for discussion in your Sunday school for proper deliberation.

I don't normally do this but you actually forced my hands and to be sincere only few people can know more about the Bible than I do on this forum (so I know it's flaws and truths)
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 12:54am On Aug 14, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

Don't answer them bro, I am sure they all went through it and saw that I was right..... But then, they have nothing to say in order not to disgrace their faith.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:09am On Aug 14, 2017
bobowaja:

Don't answer them bro, I am sure they all went through it and saw that I was right... But then, they have nothing to say in order not to disgrace their faith.
Sure na... Ehn ehn... seriously, since God freed me from the bondage of this religion I have peace of mind. I can't even explain it grin.

Meanwhile what these people are taking advantage of is spiritual science, they know it and use it for their ways.

Something that has be in existence before they introduce their foreign religion.

I must learn the spiritual things too since I believe beyond physical things which is the difference between atheist and I. grin.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by Ranchhoddas: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2017
bobowaja:

I am currently wrapping you up with your own analogy. Since your own evidence that snake eating on the ground is the effect of curse been placed on its by God. Pls argue maturely, don't validate hopefulLandlord and Co that said you are not that brainy (I don't mean insult pls).
Hahahahaha.....
The guy dull.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Hahahahaha.....
The guy dull.
Those guys were right after all. But what I find interesting about him is that he doesn't fail to display his abilities (same abilities that made him a laughing figure on this section).
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by Ranchhoddas: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2017
bobowaja:

Those guys were right after all. But what I find interesting about him is that he doesn't fail to display his abilities (same abilities that made him a laughing figure on this section).
He can't help himself.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 7:57am On Aug 14, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Sure na... Ehn ehn... seriously, since God freed me from the bondage of this religion I have peace of mind. I can't even explain it grin.

Meanwhile what these people are taking advantage of is spiritual science, they know it and use it for their ways.

Something that has be in existence before they introduce their foreign religion.

I must learn the spiritual things too since I believe beyond physical things which is the difference between atheist and I. grin.

Exactly bro, but the sad thing is that people don't know the difference between spirituality and being religious (both can coexist and both can stand without influence). We are all spiritual being and majority don't know. Why should I go to a pastor or cleric to give me bread when I can equally bake the bread?

Ok, here is an example
When a pastor pray for you, he will ask you to have faith. If the thing you asked for came to be, then the prayer worked but if not, the pastor will accuse you that you don't have enough faith.

What really happen
Faith is like a dream, a positive dream. So you trying to get whatever you prayed for is like trying to bring your thoughts (abstract) to reality (concrete). And funny enough positive thinking is wishful thinking or lucid dreaming (you are trying to register the thoughts on your subconscious mind) which will radiate it to the universal mind if done properly and whatever you wish for will come to pass (it is more complicated, but I cant write all). So when your wish come to pass your pastor takes the glory while in the real sense you are the one that did the work yourself.

Spirituality is as old as a man himself and the knowledge of it are esoteric (only few people knows it and they are using it judiciously to rule the rest of the larger crowd).

I can see them avoiding this thread since I burst their bubble about the lies they wrote for Jesus Christ. Hypocrites everywhere.

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2017
bobowaja:

Exactly bro, but the sad thing is that people don't know the difference between spirituality and being religious (both can coexist and both can stand without influence). We are all spiritual being and majority don't know. Why should I go to a pastor or cleric to give me bread when I can equally bake the bread?

Ok, where is an example
When a pastor pray for you, he will ask you to have faith. If the thing you asked for came to be, then the prayer worked but if not, the pastor will accuse you that you don't have enough faith.

What really happen
Faith is like a dream, a positive dream. So you trying to get whatever you prayed for is like trying to bring your thoughts (abstract) to reality (concrete). And funny enough positive thinking is wishful thinking or lucid dreaming (you are trying to register the thoughts on your subconscious mind) which will radiate it to the universal mind if done properly and whatever you wish for will come to pass (it is more complicated, but I cant write all). So when your wish come to pass your pastor takes the glory while in the real sense you are the one that did the work yourself.

Spirituality is as old as a man himself and the knowledge of it are esoteric (only few people knows it and they are using it judiciously to rule the rest of the large crowd).

I can see them avoiding this thread since I burst their bubble about the lies they wrote for Jesus Christ. Hypocrite everywhere.

To emphasize on how Faith is general with an example - is when an herbalist told you to drink a particular water for a certain problem and you are doubting by saying ehn ehn this ordinary water will solve it? He'll quickly shut you up will tell you not to make a such utterance if you really wants it to work which I can say it is the same to the bolded grin. Very Clear

I thank God for my life
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2017
bobowaja:

Mama try to tell me I was wrong with what I quoted and not just ignoring. If you are so sure of your belief then back it up or leave others who don't belief in whatever ur faith is. I know it is hard for you to defense given the clear evidence I provided above......but u can as well take it to your pastor or drop it for discussion in your Sunday school for proper deliberation.

I don't normally do this but you actually forced my hands and to be sincere only few people can know more about the Bible than I do on this forum (so I know it's flaws and truths)
Gran papa, i walked passed you since two days ago, you seem not to have noticed. I choose who I will chat with not insolent urchins. If you want to me to talj to you, you behave. Now run along and make your time useful.

And, when you get home, command your mother to your your biddings. If am your mama and you insult me, where i come from, you'd be severely dealt with.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

Check your thread, without me it wouldn't get out of page one. Why give you all that honour? You are not worth it. You called your atheists friends how many of them came to grace your thread, even the one who mentioned me, ran and left you all by yourself, but I helped made you some body.
Now, i say, i have given you enough of my time. Gerrrrraaauuut.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2017
701ecilana:

Gran papa, i walked passed you since two days ago, you seem not to have noticed. I choose who I will chat with not insolent urchins. If you want to me to talj to you, you behave. Now run along and make your time useful.

And, when you get home, command your mother to your your biddings. If am your mama and you insult me, where i come from, you'd be severely dealt with.
You see the above? One of the reasons I renounced religion, so much hate. And it also baffles me how you religious folks always resort to the use of argumentum ad hominem whenever you don't have anything intelligent to contribute.
Well, where I come from we don't trade insults (and pls don't confuse maturity with age numbers)

Contribute and refute my claims and if not you can pass. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Easter To Nairalanders. / Where Do We Go When We Die? / Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.