Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God (4138 Views)

Why Did God Cast Satan From Heaven To Earth / How Could Satan Re-enter Heaven To Talk To God About Job? / Prophet Bushiri:Miracle Fire Descends from Heaven To Burn Charms(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
Very simple!.

Was baby Jesus life threatened in Jerusalem?

Yes, so Joseph fled with him to Egypt and stayed there until Herod died (Matthew 2:13 23)
No. The family fled nowhere. They calmly presented the child at the Jerusalem temple according to the Jewish customs and returned to Galilee (Luke 2:21-40)

bobowaja:

Matthew and Luke disagree

Matthew and Luke give two contradictory genealogies for Joseph (Matthew 1:2-17 and Luke 3:23-38). They cannot even agree on who the father of Joseph was. Church apologists try to eliminate this discrepancy by suggesting that the genealogy in Luke is actually Mary's, even though Luke says explicitly that it is Joseph's genealogy (Luke 3:23). Christians have had problems reconciling the two genealogies since at least the early fourth century. It was then that Eusebius, a "Church Father," wrote in his The History of the Church, "each believer has been only too eager to dilate at length on these passages."

THE ANGEL'S MESSAGE

In Matthew, the angel appears to Joseph in a dream and tells him that Mary's child will save his people from their sins. In Luke, the angel tells Mary that her son will be great, he will be called the Son of the Most High and will rule on David's throne forever. A short time later Mary tells Elizabeth that all generations will consider her (Mary) blessed because of the child that will be born to her.

If this were true, Mary and Joseph should have had the highest regard for their son. Instead, we read in Mark 3:20-21 that Jesus' family tried to take custody of him because they thought he had lost his mind. And later, in Mark 6:4-6 Jesus complained that he received no honor among his own relatives and his own household.

JESUS AND JOHN THE BAPTIST

A. WHAT DID JOHN THE BAPTIST KNOW ABOUT JESUS AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?

John's first encounter with Jesus was while both of them were still in their mothers' wombs, at which time John, apparently recognizing his Saviour, leaped for joy (Luke 1:44). Much later, while John is baptizing, he refers to Jesus as "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world", and "the Son of God" (John 1:29,36). Later still, John is thrown in prison from which he does not return alive. John's definite knowledge of Jesus as the son of God and saviour of the world is explicitly contradicted by Luke 7:18-23 in which the imprisoned John sends two of his disciples to ask Jesus, "Are you the one who is coming, or do we look for someone else?"

B. WHY DID JOHN BAPTIZE JESUS?

John baptized for repentance (Matthew 3:11). Since Jesus was supposedly without sin, he had nothing to repent of. The fact that he was baptized by John has always been an embarrassment to the church. The gospels offer no explanation for Jesus' baptism, apart from the meaningless explanation given in Matthew 3:14-15 "to fulfill all righteousness." Other passages, which indicate that Jesus did not consider himself sinless, are also an embarrassment to the church (Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19).

Luke, who claims to be chronological (Luke 1:3), tries to give the impression that John did not baptize Jesus. Luke's account of Jesus' baptism occurs after the account of John's imprisonment (Luke 3:20-21).

C. WHY DIDN'T JOHN THE BAPTIST BECOME A FOLLOWER OF JESUS?

If John knew that Jesus was the son of God, why didn't he become a disciple of Jesus? And why didn't all, or even most, of John's disciples become Jesus' disciples? Most of John's disciples remained loyal to him, even after his death, and a sect of his followers persisted for centuries.

The gospel writers were forced to include Jesus' baptism in their gospels so that they could play it down. They could not ignore it because John's followers and other Jews who knew of Jesus' baptism were using the fact of his baptism to challenge the idea that Jesus was the sinless son of God. The gospel writers went to great pains to invent events that showed John as being subordinate to Jesus.

JUDAS ISCARIOT

It is very unclear in the gospels just what Judas Iscariot's betrayal consisted of, probably because there was absolutely no need for a betrayal. Jesus could have been arrested any number of times without the general populace knowing about it. It would have been simple to keep tabs on his whereabouts. The religious authorities did not need a betrayal - only the gospel writers needed a betrayal, so that a few more "prophecies" could be fulfilled. The whole episode is pure fiction - and, as might be expected, it is riddled with contradictions.

1. The prophecy

Matthew says that Judas' payment and death were prophesied by Jeremiah, and then he quotes Zechariah 11:12-13 as proof!

2. Thirty pieces of silver

According to Matthew 26:15, the chief priests "weighed out thirty pieces of silver" to give to Judas. There are two things wrong with this:

a. There were no "pieces of silver" used as currency in Jesus' time - they had gone out of circulation about 300 years before.

b. In Jesus' time, minted coins were used - currency was not "weighed out."

By using phrases that made sense in Zechariah's time but not in Jesus' time Matthew once again gives away the fact that he creates events in his gospel to match "prophecies" he finds in the Old Testament.

3. Who bought the Field of Blood?

a. In Matthew 27:7 the chief priests buy the field.

b. In Acts 1:18 Judas buys the field.

4. How did Judas die?

a. In Matthew 27:5 Judas hangs himself.

b. In Acts 1:18 he bursts open and his insides spill out.

c. According to the apostle Paul, neither of the above is true. Paul says Jesus appeared to "the twelve" after his resurrection. Mark 14:20 makes it clear that Judas was one of the twelve.

In Matthew 19:28, Jesus tells the twelve disciples, including Judas, that when Jesus rules from his throne, they will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

5. How did the Field of Blood get its name?

a. Matthew says because it was purchased with blood money (Matthew 27:6-cool.

b. Acts says because of the bloody mess caused by Judas' bursting open (Acts 1:18-19).

Note: I am not an atheist, I am just irreligious kiss

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2017
You can help me and explain the bolded verses that crashed into each other grin

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
bobowaja:
JESUS' TRIALS, DEATH AND RESURRECTION

A. THE Trials

Before listing the contradictions regarding the trials of Jesus, it should be stated that the whole episode is quite obviously a fabrication. Anyone familiar with Jewish law recognizes the impossibility of the chief priests and scribes arresting Jesus and assembling to question him during the most holy of Jewish festivals.

1. Where was Jesus taken immediately after his arrest?

a. Matthew, Mark and Luke say that Jesus was taken directly to the high priest (Matthew 26:57, Mark 14:53 and Luke 22:54).

b. John says that Jesus was taken first to Annas, the father-in-law of the high priest (John 18:13) who, after an indeterminate period of time, sent Jesus to the high priest (John 18:24).

2. When did the priests and scribes gather together to question Jesus?

a. Matthew 26:57 says that on the night Jesus was arrested the priests and scribes were gathered together prior to Jesus being brought to the high priest.

b. Mark 14:53 says the priests and scribes gathered together on the night of Jesus' arrest after Jesus was brought to the high priest.

c. Luke 22:66 says the priests and scribes assembled the day after Jesus was arrested.

d. John mentions only the high priest - no other priests or scribes play a role in questioning Jesus.

3. Was Jesus questioned by Herod?

a. Luke says that Pilate sent Jesus to Herod who questioned Jesus at length and then returned Jesus to Pilate (Luke 23:7-11).

b. Matthew, Mark and John make no mention of Herod. This, in itself, means nothing, but it brings about another contradiction later.

4. Who was responsible for Jesus' death, Pilate or the Jews?

The gospel writers go to every conceivable length to absolve the Romans in general, and Pilate in particular, of Jesus' crucifixion and to blame it on the Jews. The reason, of course, was that Christianity was going to have to exist under Roman rule for many years, which is why the New Testament contains nothing critical of the Romans, even though they were hated for their heavy taxation, and Pilate was hated for his brutality.

For the church, the Jews made an appropriate scapegoat because the Jews were a thorn in side of the early church. The Jews, of course, had far greater knowledge of Jewish laws and traditions than the largely gentile church, and were able to call attention to some of the errors being taught by the church.

The Biblical account of Pilate's offer to release Jesus but the Jews demanding the release of Barabbas is pure fiction, containing both contradictions and historical inaccuracies.

a. What had Barabbas done?

1. Mark 15:7 and Luke 23:19 say that Barabbas was guilty of insurrection and murder.

2. John 18:40 says that Barabbas was a robber.

b. Pilate's "custom" of releasing a prisoner at Passover.

This is pure invention - the only authority given by Rome to a Roman governor in situations like this was postponement of execution until after the religious festival. Release was out of the question. It is included in the gospels for the sole purpose of further removing blame for Jesus' death from Pilate and placing it on the Jews.

c. Pilate gives in to the mob.

The gospels have Pilate giving in to an unruly mob. This is ridiculous in light of Pilate's previous and subsequent history. Josephus tells us that Pilate's method of crowd control was to send his soldiers into the mob and beat them (often killing them) into submission. Pilate was eventually recalled to Rome because of his brutality.

5. Who put the robe on Jesus?

a. Matthew 27:28, Mark 15:17 and John 19:2 say that after Pilate had Jesus scourged and turned over to his soldiers to be crucified, the soldiers placed a scarlet or purple robe on Jesus as well as a crown of thorns.

b. Luke 23:11, in contradiction to Matthew, Mark and John, says that the robe was placed on Jesus much earlier by Herod and his soldiers. Luke mentions no crown of thorns.

B. THE Crucifixion

1. Crucified between two robbers

Matthew 27:38 and Mark 15:27 say that Jesus was crucified between two robbers (Luke just calls them criminals; John simply calls them men). It is a historical fact that the Romans did not crucify robbers. Crucifixion was reserved for insurrectionists and rebellious slaves.

2. Peter and Mary near the cross

When the gospel writers mention Jesus talking to his mother and to Peter from the cross, they run afoul of another historical fact - the Roman soldiers closely guarded the places of execution, and nobody was allowed near (least of all friends and family who might attempt to help the condemned person).

3. The opened tombs

According to Matthew 27:51-53, at the moment Jesus died there was an earthquake that opened tombs and many people were raised from the dead. For some reason they stayed in their tombs until after Jesus was resurrected, at which time they went into Jerusalem and were seen by many people.

Here Matthew gets too dramatic for his own good. If many people came back to life and were seen by many people, it must have created quite a stir (even if the corpses were in pretty good shape!). Yet Matthew seems to be the only person aware of this happening - historians of that time certainly know nothing of it - neither do the other gospel writers.

C. THE Resurrection

1. Who found the empty tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:1, only "Mary Magdalene and the other Mary."

b. According to Mark 16:1, "Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome."

c. According to Luke 23:55, 24:1 and 24:10, "the women who had come with him out of Galilee." Among these women were "Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James." Luke indicates in verse 24:10 that there were at least two others.

d. According to John 20:1-4, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb alone, saw the stone removed, ran to find Peter, and returned to the tomb with Peter and another disciple.

2. Who did they find at the tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:2-4, an angel of the Lord with an appearance like lightning was sitting on the stone that had been rolled away. Also present were the guards that Pilate had contributed. On the way back from the tomb the women meet Jesus (Matthew 28:9).

b. According to Mark 16:5, a young man in a white robe was sitting inside the tomb.

c. According to Luke 24:4, two men in dazzling apparel. It is not clear if the men were inside the tomb or outside of it.

d. According to John 20:4-14, Mary and Peter and the other disciple initially find just an empty tomb. Peter and the other disciple enter the tomb and find only the wrappings. Then Peter and the other disciple leave and Mary looks in the tomb to find two angels in white. After a short conversation with the angels, Mary turns around to find Jesus.

3. Who did the women tell about the empty tomb?

a. According to Mark 16:8, "they said nothing to anyone."

b. According to Matthew 28:8, they "ran to report it to His disciples."

c. According to Luke 24:9, "they reported these things to the eleven and to all the rest."

d. According to John 20:18, Mary Magdalene announces to the disciples that she has seen the Lord.

V. THE Ascension

According to Luke 24:51, Jesus' ascension took place in Bethany, on the same day as his resurrection.

According to Acts 1:9-12, Jesus' ascension took place at Mount Olivet, forty days after his resurrection.

These are just like a tip of an iceberg from what I know to be contradicting in the Bible (don't make me bring more cause you may start fighting for your creed). can you still tell me that I am on the wrong road while your own is the right one? You guys should just stick with the fathom interpretation of the Bible by the controversial Holy Spirit and not by trying to explain your faith through logic and intelligent arguments cause you won't have any resources to do so. That been said, please try as much as possible to sticks to what you belief and leave others whose ideas or thinking doesn't align with yours - Remember you can't fight for God because He is omnipotent (the all powerful). Thanks as you heed to my advise.

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
Comman pick up this challenge na...

Hier

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
Between Luke and Matthew Who be Lai Mohammad?

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
Anybody?

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
No one to signify... That is it.. and you people will be preaching upandan cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
Maybe this thread is to hot to handle I conclude

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by bobowaja(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mr. KinzyeWriter, if you don't want to lose friends' and family members' love try not to be vocal with your new found knowledge. You are free to be vocal here on a faceless forum but the moment you go offline with it, I can assure you that you will be demonized.

4 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
bobowaja:
Mr. KinzyeWriter, if you don't want to lose friends and family members love try not to be vocal with your new found knowledge.
Seriously, Thanks Bro grin

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by Humanistme: 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
kingebukasblog, butterflylion, luvmijeje, 701ecilana, malvisguy, an2elect, felixomor, spacetacular,
amberon11, amberon, pidgin2.

grabs popcorn grin

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
Humanistme:
kingebukasblog, butterflylion, luvmijeje, 701ecilana, malvisguy, an2elect, felixomor, spacetacular,

grabs popcorn grin
Help me call them oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by felixomor: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Very simple!.

Was baby Jesus life threatened in Jerusalem?

Yes, so Joseph fled with him to Egypt and stayed there until Herod died (Matthew 2:13 23)
No. The family fled nowhere. They calmly presented the child at the Jerusalem temple according to the Jewish customs and returned to Galilee (Luke 2:21-40)

Note: I am not an atheist, I am just irreligious kiss

Your type of question has been thrashed thousand of times on NL especially as regards the 4 gospels.

Please read this thread and re-study what you have presented.
https://www.nairaland.com/3538710/bible-contradiction-dummies-correction-internet

You will be glad you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2017
Humanistme:

OP, receive sense, Herod declared that all children below two years should be killed, why would he stretch his venom to a 2 year old child if it's not that the timing for the declaration was probably not immediately after Jesus's birth? Most likely the child Jesus was a toddler between a year and two, so obviously not all the details of this issue was given by Mattew.

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2017
felixomor:

Your type of question has been thrashed thousand of times on NL especially as regards the 4 gospels.

Please read this thread and re-study what you have presented.
https://www.nairaland.com/3538710/bible-contradiction-dummies-correction-internet

You will be glad you did.
And still didn't answer the question.

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
Pidgin2:
Matthew didn't give the whole detail - wow

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
Humanistme:

I don't understand what the Op is saying. Pls help me.

grabs popcorn grin
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
Humanistme:
grabs popcorn grin
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

Genesis 3:14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.

But what Snakes really feed on

Snake eats the pupae, or eggs, of ants and centipedes. The largest snakes, the Pythons and Anacondas, have been known to eat, deer and pigs! Most snakes live off of insects, rodents, birds, eggs, fish, frogs, lizards and small mammals. All snakes swallow their food whole.

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Genesis 3:14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.
See eh, am a very straight to the point kind of person. I was called here but am seeing confusion everywhere. You started with baby Jesus being taken to Egypt which you said it wasn't true, (if i get you right(?)). Now you are going on about a serpent. Why was i called here? What is your concern?

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

See eh, am a very straight to the point kind of person. I was called here but am seeing confusion everywhere. You started with baby Jesus being taken to Egypt which you said it wasn't true, (if i get you right(?)). Now you are going on about a serpent. Why was i called here? What is your concern?
Na fight? I thought you were called here to solve the confusions grin

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by felixomor: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
And still didn't answer the question.

Bros,
Nobody understands what you are talking about

You dont even seem to have read the verses you opened a thread on.
It seems this is lost thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
Humanist me? I need to know why you called me here because this guy here doesn't seem to know how to have a discursion.

In conversational maxims there are steps to follow to make it an acceptable conversation.

1. There must be consistency. Meaning the topic must be followed.

2. There must be coherence. This means whatever is said must relate to what is discoursed.

3. There must be Co- Hesion.

4. There must be intentionability. Etc.

Your guy here has failed all these maxims yet am called to have a discussion with him?

Pls call me when you find a reasonable person ready to have a reasonable discussion.

God bless.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
felixomor:

Bros,
Nobody understands what you are talking about

You dont even seem to have read the verses you opened a thread on.
It seems this is lost thread
I opened this thread for people who understands the bible well to explain why some verses crashed to each other and why some is not true - as we all know serpents don't feed on dust that the Bible said... Nobody understand abi ignorance... keep deceiving yourselves cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Na fight? I thought you were called here to solve the confusions grin
Am not fighting with you o. You can't fight me even if you wanted to.

First learn how to engage in a discussion before starting one.
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by 701ecilana: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
I opened this thread for people who understands the bible well to explain why some verses crashed to each other and why some is not true - as we all know serpents don't feed on dust that the Bible said... Nobody understand abi ignorance... keep deceiving yourselves cheesy
Is this thread about Serpents and their mode of feeding or about baby Jesus being taken to Egypt?
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:
Humanist me? I need to know why you called me here because this guy here doesn't seem to know how to have a discursion.

In conversational maxims there are steps to follow to make it an acceptable conversation.

1. There must be consistency. Meaning the topic must be followed.

2. There must be coherence. This means whatever is said must relate to what is discoursed.

3. There must be Co- Hesion.

4. There must be intentionability. Etc.

Your guy here has failed all these maxims yet am called to have a discussion with him?

Pls call me when you find a reasonable person ready to have a reasonable discussion.

God bless.

The topic was conveyed with a screenshot, wasn't it? So how was the discussion not goes with the topic? undecided

This people will avoid truth and try to insult your reasoning cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by felixomor: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

You are the only one who seems ignorant on this thread
Sorry to announce undecided

There is no crash in the scriptures you posted....

Please show us where the verses "crash" as you claim!
Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
701ecilana:

Is this thread about Serpents and their mode of feeding or about baby Jesus being taken to Egypt?
It is about the 2 and you can choose anyone to start from.

That contradictions are going to be my prove in heaven - So if I will fail with that excuse, tell me how I Will fail by providing solution to the vexed question.

3 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2017
felixomor:

You are the only one who seems ignorant on this thread
Sorry to announce undecided

There is no crash in the scriptures you posted....

Please show us where the verses "crash" as you claim!
Firstly explain to me the serpent one undecided

1 Like

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by felixomor: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Firstly explain to me the serpent one undecided

This thread is not on " serpent "
You see why I said the the thread is lost?

2 Likes

Re: This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

But what Snakes really feed on

Snake eats the pupae, or eggs, of ants and centipedes. The largest snakes, the Pythons and Anacondas, have been known to eat, deer and pigs! Most snakes live off of insects, rodents, birds, eggs, fish, frogs, lizards and small mammals. All snakes swallow their food whole.
Why will someone say this quoted is not cleared? undecided

Can someone just please grab this question and answer it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does A Pastor Trully Need A Private Jet ? / Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? / Let's Put T. B Joshua's Doctrines To The Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.