Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa (13901 Views)

522 West Africans Repatriated From Gabon Over Illegal Travel Papers / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / How Long Are Your Holidays To Nigeria On Average? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by vandarsar(m): 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
I think folks should go and see why The Gambia is tagged the smiling coast of Africa...lol. Yeah I know when you look up their map n position on Africa, you see it forms the mouth of Africa, but u need to be there and cry for naija for not developing tourism.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by AjanleKoko: 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Bidvest2020: so,why r u planning a road trip to Ghana this year if 'it's like Nigeria' n all hype?

This year or last year?
I eventually elected to fly, not drive.
Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by babyboy3(m): 6:01am On Apr 30, 2013
Its called a HOLIDAY or VACATION

You want to see something different, my colleagues went for a Skiing holiday in Austria last year, this year they are going to Peru... next year they plan to visit Thailand or Malaysia

It broadens your horizon when you visit somewhere different.
Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by biolabee(m): 7:07am On Apr 30, 2013
lafile: Planning to spend August in Tanzania, Botswana and South Africa.

can you pls put up a small itinerary or journal
I will like this too..
Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by Rednose: 8:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Some of the posts here reveal we know little or nothing about the travel-habit of Nigerians. There are nigerian families who can't afford holidays beyond the West African region, thus they visit Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana etc. Some even go to the closest neighbours - Cameroon, Rep. of Benin & Niger. This is not to say wealthy nigerians don't visit Ghana, Togo etc, they do. Nigerians also visit tourist attractions such as IITA (Ibadan), Obudu Resort, Ikogosi Springs (Ekiti state). Tourism (both local & int'l) in Northern Nigeria has reduced due to terrorism. It's totally untrue to say don't Nigerians vacation locally - we do.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by Rotimi47: 11:50am On Apr 30, 2013
Most People outside africa are accomodating and friendly but most of those in africa are hostile and they will fleece you out of your money at every oppurtunity. You enjoy your money and time better overseas than here in africa; I have tried it and prefered going overseas with my family because I got value for my money not regret.
Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by Fellonigerians: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
colonial mentality...

I enjoy myself travelling around west africa... US or UK is to see family and friends...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by Rossikk(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
Rotimi47: Most People outside africa are accomodating and friendly but most of those in africa are hostile and they will fleece you out of your money at every oppurtunity. You enjoy your money and time better overseas than here in africa; I have tried it and prefered going overseas with my family because I got value for my money not regret.

What a load of HORSE MANURE. Kindly name the African nations you have visited on holiday out of the 57 African nations in existence. I bet it's not more than 1 or 2 if that! Yet you have used your alleged experiences there to paint the entire continent in negative colours. DAMN IGNORANT RETAR.D.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by onila(f): 3:57am On May 04, 2013
Rossikk:

What a load of HORSE MANURE. Kindly name the African nations you have visited on holiday out of the 57 African nations in existence. I bet it's not more than 1 or 2 if that! Yet you have used your alleged experiences there to paint the entire continent in negative colours. DAMN IGNORANT RETAR.D.
grin
Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by Ugosample(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2017
Very interesting thread indeed.
Even tho it is old.
Re: Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa by Godson201333(m): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2017
Because they lack informations....You wouldn't believe that Ghana is a hot for nice vacations...They got nice Tourist centre like Waterfalls,Mountains,Nice resorts and at affordable price,parks,so many many....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need Botswana Visa / Residents Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder In Abuja / Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.