Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking (26401 Views)

FG Probes 10 Varsities Over Fraud, Sex Scandals(see List)-daily Trust / 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects / Nigerian Varsities Fail To Make Top 1,600 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by MUNEER2(m): 4:37am On Feb 26, 2010
Greatest of the greatest UItes!!!
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by udoesquire: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
I dont wanna know which uni is the best in naija but u guys shld not 4get that the main issue abt quality is more of what u did or do 4 urself not what ur sch did for you. will the name of your university get you a job?
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by VPersie: 3:53am On Mar 02, 2010
Of the Greatest Ife!!!!! Articulate Ife!!!!! What we are saying,
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by fadinus(m): 11:39am On Mar 02, 2010
What matters all in all is that u graduate with a good grade, get ur certificate, get a good job and be successfull.
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by vescucci(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2010
I finished from the crazy ass school so you'll understand if I scoff and snort and spit
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Ode ni e. . . .try being original so gbo?
Spunk-static raasclat! - MrCrackles 2010 registered trademark (All rights reserved).
Opolo oshi, shioor!

hmmm

so violent
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by ismailaw: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2010
Res ipsa loquitor, the fact speaks for itself. Unilorin is coming up, but you dont compare sleep with death. In anyway, there is no comparison between Ife, Ibadan & Unilag on the one hand & Ilorin on the other.

Fight for supremacy can only be valid among those 3 schools & perhaps ABU.

Ife is the greatest anyway. A visit to "the source" will convince any doubting thomas
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by emeritus05: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
to those saying UNILORIN can never top the list of the best universities in nigeria,well u re all entitled to your opinions.but fact is,that school didnt just get there by chance,they ve been buliding towards it for a while now.some1 posted on this thread earlier that his cousin was in 3rd class in his first year but graduated with 2.2 in U.I and that if it was UNILORIN maybe his cousin would ve had 2.1.I can tell u that am a 2.1 graduate of university of Ilorin,and ve had my 2.1 since my first year and we were just 2 overall in my department dat had an UPPER.Infact the year i graduated(2003),there was just one 1.1 dats to tell u d type of driling we went tru!.To all those shouting U.I,UNILAG,OAU yes these are great school but this 2010,next year it could be any of them.so pls let UNILORIN be they truly deserve it.I am talking about a school that the sale of hand-out is prohibited.in all of my 4 years i didnt buy one singe hand-out,and the reasons are to make (1)students attend classes,(2)visit the library.
i rest my case!
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by gongoaso1: 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2010
emeritus05:

to those saying UNILORIN can never top the list of the best universities in nigeria,well u re all entitled to your opinions.but fact is,that school didnt just get there by chance,they ve been buliding towards it for a while now.some1 posted on this thread earlier that his cousin was in 3rd class in his first year but graduated with 2.2 in U.I and that if it was UNILORIN maybe his cousin would ve had 2.1.I can tell u that am a 2.1 graduate of university of Ilorin,and ve had my 2.1 since my first year and we were just 2 overall in my department dat had an UPPER.Infact the year i graduated(2003),there was just one 1.1 dats to tell u d type of driling we went tru!.To all those shouting U.I,UNILAG,OAU yes these are great school but this 2010,next year it could be any of them.so pls let UNILORIN be they truly deserve it.I am talking about a school that the sale of hand-out is prohibited.in all of my 4 years i didnt buy one singe hand-out,and the reasons are to make (1)students  attend classes,(2)visit the library.
i rest my case!

shocked grin undecided
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by vescucci(m): 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
All pros and no cons. Let the varsity (high school) enjoy its time in the spotlight.
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by Habbizzelle: 11:54am On Feb 07, 2011
gongo aso:

shocked grin undecided
it seems someone gets it afterall.
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by Habbizzelle: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2011
Most of d pple who r against Unilorin give their opinions based on wat they know about 10 yrs ago. That can't be right. Favouritism should not be used in criticism. The skul should be applauded for the good job. And if u want to know what i am talking about, why not pay the skul a visit. U can even almost smell the change.
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by baslone: 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
You are right, a lot people just commented on what they left behind 20, 30 years back without going round to see what their Ife, UI and co has turned to. When this thread was started exactly this time last year, they came up with their source http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/. This was the rating posted by volasokan, beaf and co.

1 Cairo University Egypt
2 University of Cape Town South Africa
3 Universiteit Stellenbosch South Africa
4 University of Pretoria South Africa
5 University of the Witwatersrand South Africa
6 Mansoura University Egypt
7 University of KwaZulu-Natal South Africa
8 University of Nairobi Kenya
9 Alexandria University Egypt
10 University of Dar es Salaam Tanzania
11 Université de Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
12 Université Mohammed V - Agdal Morocco
13 University of South Africa South Africa
14 Polytechnic of Namibia Namibia
15 University of the Western Cape South Africa
16 German University in Cairo Egypt
17 University of Johannesburg South Africa
18 Rhodes University South Africa
19 Cape Peninsula University of Technology South Africa
20 Zagazig University Egypt
21 University of Khartoum Sudan
22 Université Cadi Ayyad Morocco
23 University of Botswana Botswana
24 Tshwane University of Technology South Africa
25 Obafemi Awolowo University Nigeria
26 Assiut University Egypt
27 Université d'Alger Algeria
28 Makerere University Uganda
29 Université de la Reunion Reunion
30 Université de Batna Algeria
31 Universidade Eduardo Mondlane Mozambique
32 University of Ibadan Nigeria
33 University of Mauritius Mauritius
34 University of Ghana Ghana
35 Université Nationale du Rwanda Rwanda
36 University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar Senegal
37 Addis Ababa University Ethiopia
38 University of Zimbabwe Zimbabwe
39 University of Namibia Namibia
40 Kenyatta University Kenya
41 Minufiya University Egypt
42 University of Zambia Zambia
43 Université Ibn Zohr Morocco
44 Université Hassan II - Mohammedia Morocco
45 Sokoine University of Agriculture Tanzania
46 Université de Sousse Tunisia
47 Université de Tunis el Manar Tunisia
48 Université de Tunis Tunisia
49 Université de Sfax Tunisia
50 Uganda Martyrs University Uganda
51 University of Lagos Nigeria
52 The American University in Cairo Egypt
53 Ain Shams University Egypt
54 University of Ilorin Nigeria
55 Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University South Africa
56 University of the Free State South Africa
57 North-West University South Africa
58 Université Abou Bekr Belkaid Tlemcen Algeria
59 Mauritius Institute of Education Mauritius
60 Université des Sciences et de la Technologie "Houari Boumediène" Algeria
61 Institut International d’Ingénierie de l’Eau et de l’Environnement (2iE) Burkina Faso
62 University of Port Harcourt Nigeria
63 Central University of Technology South Africa
64 Sudan University for Science and Technology Sudan
65 Université d'Oran Algeria
66 Durban University of Technology South Africa
67 Al Akhawayn University Morocco
68 Walter Sisulu University for Technology and Science South Africa
69 University of Technology, Mauritius Mauritius
70 Université Mentouri de Constantine Algeria
71 Strathmore University Kenya
72 Université Saad Dahlab de Blida Algeria
73 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Nigeria
74 Université des Sciences et de la Technologie Mohamed Boudiaf d'Oran Algeria
75 Federal University of Technology, Akure Nigeria
76 Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Nigeria
77 South Valley University Egypt
78 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Ghana
79 Université Abdelhamid Ibn Badis de Mostaganem Algeria
80 Université M'hamed Bouguerra de Boumerdes Algeria
81 Université Amar Telidji de Laghouat Algeria
82 United States International University Kenya
83 Lagos State University Nigeria
84 Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Kenya
85 Al-Azhar University Egypt
86 University of Benin Nigeria
87 Uganda Christian University Uganda
88 Université Djillali Liabes Algeria
89 Vaal University of Technology South Africa
90 Université Mohammed V - Souissi Morocco
91 Suez Canal University Egypt
92 University of Fort Hare South Africa
93 University of Limpopo South Africa
94 Université Badji Mokhtar de Annaba Algeria
95 Université Ferhat Abbas de Sétif Algeria
96 Ecole Nationale Polytechnique Algeria
97 Jimma University Ethiopia
98 Université de Béjaïa Algeria
99 Ahmadu Bello University Nigeria
100 Nile University Egypt

Today, just a year later. this is what is on their source has for Nigeria.

Unilorin 30th in Africa,

U.I 33rd,

Unilag 34th,

Ife 35th

Benin 60th

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/

Meanwhile this was last weeks punch article.

The University of Ilorin, Kwara State, has been ranked again as the best university in Nigeria by Webometric rating done for universities on the African continent.

The university was earlier ranked number one in Nigeria and number 32 in Africa by the website in 2009. The university slipped to a distant fourth position in Nigeria and 51st in Africa in 2010 before it now attains its number one position in Nigeria and still a distant number 30 in Africa in the latest 2011 Webometric rankings.

The institution’s Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, who disclosed this last Friday, noted that the university had to sustain its tempo and activities because other universities were closing the gap between it and the institution in world rankings.

He therefore urged members of the university to be committed. “It is better not to be on top than to be there and crash. I will like to urge all to continue to do their best in their various beats,” he said.

The 4icu.org ranking, which was released last week, shows that only five Nigerian universities are in the league of its best 100 in Africa. Following Unilorin is the University of Ibadan which is number 33 in Africa; then University of Lagos coming third in Nigeria and 34 in Africa, Obafemi Awolowo University fourth in Nigeria, 35 in Africa; while the University of Benin is fifth in Nigeria and 60 in Africa.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102015133485
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by bammy2050(m): 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2011
Oau students on dis thread av really shown d stuff they are made of.Bragging here and there hurling abusive words @ fellow students.U av all shown d public wat OAU's product in d nearest future will be.(RASCALS!!!). Dont focus on ur studies oo but rather continue to heap praises on OAU's structures and past products.U will be suprised to see graduates 4rm zamfara and co surpassing u people in d labour market in d nearest future.I dont av u peoples time or else,i would av word flogged every one of u.INDOLENT OAU products.
Re: Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking by holawlahdey: 1:10pm On May 08, 2012
oh plz..unilorin iz d best..webomatrics ranking or not....we rule....nd u guyz follow..nd mind u...derez only 1 University in nigeria nd d@ THE UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN..BETA BY FAR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV / 60-Year-Old Farouk Sanni Bags First Class In Sociology From UI, Wins 8 Awards / Am Having An Extra Year In School I Feel Like A Failure Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.