Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? (13422 Views)

Girl Orders Boyfriend To Kneel In The Street & Slaps Him For Cheating / Ladies, Can You Kneel Down For Your Husband Openly? / Ladies: Would You Kneel Down For Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by princekevo(m): 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
This was a full house debate on last 25th December, we were jst having a drink and the issue came up. Cant remember exactly what brought up the issue, but a lady raised up the question to us as men, if it is right for a man to kneel down for a woman for forgiveness.

I personally would never tolerate my fellow human being kneeling down for me for any reason as such would never kneel down for either man or a woman. When i say am sorry i mean am sorry.(my sincere answer)
The ladies in the house said kneelling down for your lover is a sign of true love and true repentance.

So am throwing this questions to NLer
Is kneelling down a true sign of repentance and love?
Guys would you kneel down to your lover for forgiveness or for any reason?
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by skfa1: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2010
What a question
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Amigoz(f): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
princekevo:

This was a full house debate on last 25th December, we were jst having a drink and the issue came up. Cant remember exactly what brought up the issue, but a lady raised up the question to us as men, if it is right for a man to kneel down for a woman for forgiveness.

I personally would never tolerate my fellow human being kneeling down for me for any reason as such would never kneel down for either man or a woman. When i say am sorry i mean am sorry.(my sincere answer)
The ladies in the house said kneelling down for your lover is a sign of true love and true repentance.

So am throwing this questions to NLer
Is kneelling down a true sign of repentance and love?
Guys would you kneel down to your lover for forgiveness or for any reason?

To the bolded part NO
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by oluclem(m): 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
Yes, I will, if that is what will bring peace btw us, As far as this is done in the secret of our room.
Abi to kneel down for the purpose of peace na sin?
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
I wuld if the situation asked for it.I know most guys like this act, to them it shows a sign that the gals respect them and also boost their ego.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by foyeks2001(f): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2010
nikkykay:

I wuld if the situation asked for it.I know most guys like this act, to them it shows a sign that the gals respect them and also boost their ego.

concur
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by ravenzord(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
Can't even post the first thing that came to mind when I saw this topic. . .gotta wash my dirty mind, get rid of all these thoughts  embarassed.

@ OP: I wouldn't kneel down to apologize to my lover, or wife, and  wouldn't expect her to either, the fact that I'm apologizing shows that I'm sorry, anything else is just ego-massaging, and I'm not into that.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by loffers(m): 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
no be just 2 kneel down, no lele
i'll kneel down again and again
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
@poster
IMHO kneeling down is pointless and worthless if the person doing the kneeling is not ready to repent (just like someone crying crocodile tears)
if a person has done a real big Zap up then they might want to kneel to show that they are remorseful about their act but to me this mean nothing but an act. you need to see in their eyes that they mean it and are truly remorseful and they should stand and face their Zap. ups.

if you have forgiven someone for cheating for example and they cheat again then i doubt that her kneeling is gonna change much and the door is where she should be heading.

as for me, the only reason i would kneel in front of someone is if i wanted to propose to them. if i had made a mistake(whatever it may be) then i will stand and take the blame and the "punishment" facing her like a man instead of lowering myself to the level of begging for forgiveness.

like i always say: dont SAY i love you but DO i love you.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by chidipupay(m): 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
I will say yes
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by googles: 12:05am On Feb 18, 2010
[size=13pt]for wat na ??
does kneeling reflect soberness or any kind of remorse
i think its the soberness that comes with "am sorry" that counts not the drama[/size]
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Tatase(f): 2:58am On Feb 18, 2010
I mean if I was truly in love, I guess I'd do anything, in principle, for my lover. However, I don't know if I could be in love with someone who wanted/needed people to kneel down for them. What kind of power trip is that? It's like are you God, should I also pray to you?

For me, if I don't believe you're sorry (and not just sorry you got caught out), I don't care how much you kneel, beg, crawl, it's not about the show, it's about whether or not you actually feel sorry. An honest "I'm sorry" means infinitely more than kneeling down just for the sake of it.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by princekevo(m): 7:08am On Feb 18, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]for wat na ??
does kneeling reflect soberness or any kind of remorse
i think its the soberness that comes with "am sorry" that counts not the drama[/size]

Exactly what i and few other men stood on during the argument. But i was surprised some women think is a sign of love and true repentance, bla blah blah. I don't expect my woman to kneel for me, as such i would never kneel for her. In fact the debate almost turn into a fight between 2 couples, when their husband and boyfriend said openly the can never kneel down for them. Thanks for the maturity to control the heating atmosphere during the argument. I quote a lady telling the partner, "I don't care if you don't kneel for me, but am happy that i have had so many men wept on their kneels for me, that shows love, being romantic, and repentance", lol. Infact she sounded so proud of it.

Since this argument i began to wonder, if am too harsh, not romantic, not loving, as i would never kneel for my lover for any reason.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2010
I wouldn't kneel down for my wife, or expect her to, for any reason.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2010
I know ds will be difficult for men to do cos of ego.But ladies,it doesnt cost anything to go down on your kneels when u see that your guy is seriously angry with you.Take it ,it is best medicine to calm the angry guy down instantly at that moment. 
Ladies ,try it.It works wink wink
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by poceda(f): 10:13am On Feb 18, 2010
Life is give and take. I would kneel for a guy whom i know will kneel for me if reverse were the case. But if its a guy with already bloated ego, well, well well, I dont see myself squating least of all bending not to talk of kneeling.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by kemisuga(f): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2010
I didnt see any big deal in kneeling down. I will if He deserves it.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by poceda(f): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2010
kemisuga:

I like the word DESERVES it. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by SisiKill1: 10:36am On Feb 18, 2010
What's all this kneeling down rubbish. . . When he's not my daddy.

Say you are sorry, mean it and if he doesn't want to accept, that's on him,
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by H2O2: 10:38am On Feb 18, 2010
If you want to get on your knees for your lover, go ahead, it won't kill you.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by SisiKill1: 10:43am On Feb 18, 2010
Smh in pity @ kneeling down for you lover because it will boost his ego.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Moyola(f): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2010
I will if the situation warrants it! cool
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by SisiKill1: 10:47am On Feb 18, 2010
@ nikkaykay
It wouldn't cost a woman to be kneeling and begging like a beggar? Pray tell how you came to this wonderful conclusion?
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by smooooooth: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2010
why not, i will if she looks like googles. lipsrsealed
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by princekevo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
kemisuga:

Do you think any man deserve to knelt to, but God?
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by seun0622(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ poster

There is a yoruba proverb that translates ' THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN KNEELING DOWN OR PROSTRATING FOR YOUR WIFE FOR FORGIVENESS PROVIDED THERE ISNT A THIRD EYE PRESENT AND YOU DONT STAY TOO LONG IN THAT POSITION.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by oluclem(m): 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
seun0622:

@ poster

There is a yoruba proverb that translates ' THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN KNEELING DOWN OR PROSTRATING FOR YOUR WIFE FOR FORGIVENESS PROVIDED THERE ISNT A THIRD EYE PRESENT AND YOU DONT STAY TOO LONG IN THAT POSITION.

True talk
I don't know why people are dragging this issue. I mean what is special about kneeling down if that is what will bring peace at home.
And for those saying no, especially the ladies, I don't believe them. The reason is that every girl will do anything to save their relationship, especially when they are in love.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Tatase(f): 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
oluclem:

True talk
I don't know why people are dragging this issue. I mean what is special about kneeling down if that is what will bring peace at home.
And for those saying no, especially the ladies, I don't believe them. The reason is that every girl will do anything to save their relationship, especially when they are in love.

Ok but what does kneeling do that saying "I'm sorry" and meaning it does not do? Is it better to kneel for the symbolic cultural apology without really being repentant just because it's expected, than to apologize on your feet from your heart?
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by H2O2: 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tatase:

Ok but what does kneeling do that saying "I'm sorry" and meaning it does not do? Is it better to kneel for the symbolic cultural apology without really being repentant just because it's expected, than to apologize on your feet from your heart?
it's not compulsory. It does have an added appeasing effect on people (man or woman) and can send them on ego trips. you can use it to your advantage, but I don't think anyone has necessitated it here.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Tatase(f): 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
H2O2:

it's not compulsory. It does have an added appeasing effect on people (man or woman) and can send them on ego trips. you can use it to your advantage, but I don't think anyone has necessitated it here.

So in essence, it's more just for show. . . Like a gesture to get the other person to shut up and just take you back?
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by H2O2: 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tatase:

So in essence, it's more just for show. . . Like a gesture to get the other person to shut up and just take you back?
False, don't formulate hasty conclusions. Depending on the scenario and intent behind your reason for getting on your knees, it could also be symbolic for respect or whatever else. And I stress that showing respect in that manner does not make you inferior. Customarily, men get on their knees when proposing to their women more times than not - something characteristic like that.

As an aside though, getting on your knees does not automatically grant you a free pass when you screw up. It doesn't guarantee that your SO will forgive your transgressions; whatever they are.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Tatase(f): 10:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
H2O2:

False, don't formulate hasty conclusions.  Depending on the scenario and intent behind your reason for getting on your knees, it could also be symbolic for respect or whatever else. And I stress that showing respect in that manner does not make you inferior.  Customarily, men get on their knees when proposing to their women more times than not - something characteristic like that.

As an aside though, getting on your knees does not automatically grant you a free pass when you screw up.  It doesn't guarantee that your SO will forgive your transgressions; whatever they are.

Yeah of course there are "associate reasons" for either party to get on their knees, but I meant in an apology setting. I guess it's a cultural thing, maybe some tribes are more about the kneeling down than others.

To me kneeling down in an apology sense is lowering yourself as a supplicant, like I'm at your mercy. And I suppose if someone did something truly awful (I'm talking awful like murder or really just doing something grievous to someone else) and they know it, and feel compelled to throw themselves at the mercy of the one they wronged, fine.

But when two people are supposed to be united as one, like lovers, then there's no place for who has the upper hand or who's the supplicant. An honest, "I'm sorry" should be enough. That's just my opinion. The only way to get your guy/girl should listen should not be with you at their feet. And if the only way you're going to forgive is if the person is at your feet, then that's a problem. To me. In my opinion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Igbo Babes Are God Sent To Us / Common Mistakes Men Make During Sex. / OMG 5-year-old Kids Captured Doing ‘maame Na Papa’ In An Uncompleted Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.