Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? (13423 Views)

Girl Orders Boyfriend To Kneel In The Street & Slaps Him For Cheating / Ladies, Can You Kneel Down For Your Husband Openly? / Ladies: Would You Kneel Down For Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by H2O2: 11:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tatase:

Yeah of course there are "associate reasons" for either party to get on their knees, but I meant in an apology setting. I guess it's a cultural thing, maybe some tribes are more about the kneeling down than others.

To me kneeling down in an apology sense is lowering yourself as a supplicant, like I'm at your mercy. And I suppose if someone did something truly awful (I'm talking awful like murder or really just doing something grievous to someone else) and they know it, and feel compelled to throw themselves at the mercy of the one they wronged, fine.

But when two people are supposed to be united as one, like lovers, then there's no place for who has the upper hand or who's the supplicant. An honest, "I'm sorry" should be enough. That's just my opinion. The only way to get your guy/girl should listen should not be with you at their feet. And if the only way you're going to forgive is if the person is at your feet, then that's a problem. To me. In my opinion.
Well of course I never restricted the discussion to an apologetic setting since the poster didn't. However, I can see how that could possibly benefit the apologizer giving the apology. It can be used deceptively and can also be used genuinely like I said. It all depends on one's motive. An honest "I'm sorry" can also be demonstrated and accompanied by getting on one's knee. Once again, it's symbolic and not compulsory. I don't think the one who's wronged would "demand" it as the only proper apology. Even if you did get on your knees it does not guarantee that the one who's wronged would immediately forgive and forget. Apologies in whatever ways, shapes or forms they come in do not fix wrongs.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Tatase(f): 11:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
H2O2:

Well of course I never restricted the discussion to an apologetic setting since the poster didn't.  However, I can see how that could possibly benefit the apologizer giving the apology.  It can be used deceptively and can also be used genuinely like I said.  It all depends on one's motive.  An honest "I'm sorry" can also be demonstrated and accompanied by getting on one's knee.  Once again, it's symbolic and not compulsory.  I don't think the one who's wronged would "demand" it as the only proper apology.  Even if you did get on your knees it does not guarantee that the one who's wronged would immediately forgive and forget.  Apologies in whatever ways, shapes or forms they come in do not fix wrongs.

True! Ok, we're on the same-ish page now.  cheesy
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by selena(f): 3:02am On Feb 19, 2010
On my wedding day i will kneel down.But after that,NEVER.
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by fofura(f): 5:34am On Feb 19, 2010
I don't see the big deal about kneeling. It is respectful and men sometimes do lower to their superior, is normal. In the privacy of the home is where we live our intimate life, it is between two adults, I would hope my husband never need get on his knee for me but I personally do not have trouble with kneeling issue. It has many ways to show respect, admiration, trust, appreciation ( I don't mean that kind you gutter thought men ). When my husband come home tired I let him relax a bit with something cold to drink then I come up to him on knee making sweet talk and start nibbling just a little on him. He forget he tired O, wink
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

@ nikkaykay
It wouldn't cost a woman to be kneeling and begging like a beggar? Pray tell how you came to this wonderful conclusion?
Dont understand ur line
Re: Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover? by SisiKill1: 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2010
Of course you don't.

'Ever Mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Igbo Babes Are God Sent To Us / OMG 5-year-old Kids Captured Doing ‘maame Na Papa’ In An Uncompleted Building / My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.