Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,859 members, 7,824,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Does God Really Answer Prayers? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Answer Prayers? (13259 Views)

Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? / Does God Answer Prayers? what is your experience / God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Divay22(f): 10:00am On Aug 20, 2017
olowobaba10:
IF THE PRAYER OF A SINNER IS AN ABOMINATION, THEN ALL OUR PRAYERS ARE ABOMINATIONS BECAUSE WE ARE ALL SINNERS , LET'S STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES. GOD ONLY ANSWER OUR PRAYERS OUT OF HIS KINDNESS AND MERCY BECAUSE HE IS GOD .
That's why we ask for mercy na...
We ask for mercy and forgiveness before laying down our complain.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by win2kwire: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2017
in the minds of stupid Nigerians yes!

The 419 answers one prayer, the pastors private jet!
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by gigfx: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2017
1 John 5:14

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us

That verse shows that whatever we pray for must be in accordance to God's will.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by banmee(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2017
zuto4u:
I pity your soul and the souls of those you are misleading

I pity your fanacism and the danger you and your kind are to the world.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Rezos017: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2017
Do feel free to visit the website www.jw.org. You can get satisfying answers to your qusetion and any other questions you may have.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Ladyzinny: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2017
Yes my Dear.
1.remove doubt and double mind,He said in His word;I know a thought I have for u a thought for good to give u a future and hope.
2.Prayer is an ACTS:
A.Acknowledge Him.....acknowledge Him in all ur ways and he will direct ur path.
B.confession,confess ur sins to ur Father in heaven.
C.Thanksgiving... Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His mercy endureth forever.
Supplication... Apostle Paul admonishes us to prayer for all with supplication.
Have faith whatever it is will come to pass,there is always a reason to wait upon d Lord.
What u need is encouragement and patience.
07064582371-whatsapp only.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by tealaw(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2017
Get access first with " in the name of Jesus'.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Adasun(m): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2017
DaVinChiSam:

funny. I don't think Neymar prays as much as loads of Nigerians that throng to churches day in day out, yet he's seemingly more successful
and funny enough neymar was never ashame of Jesus,even with the ban impose on players not to pose any written statement on their shirt or anywhere,neymar always display his love for christ by rapping a piece of cloth with God's name on his fore head in any trophy he won.despite warnings,he hardly burge.

God also was not ashame to lift him up and make him da most cost commodity in futball now.

Dude going to church does not guaranted dat u are God's child.they are little things we do dat pleas God so much,he began to shower us with blessings.

Majority of Nigerians ar hypocrites and dats what God hate da most,he punish israelite more than he deal with other currupt nation due to hypocrisy.and when calamity fall,others outside da veil wil be like where is da God he serve so much,not knowing he pull all those evil on himself.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Blessed96(f): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2017
[quote author=alwells post=59644154]

I pray having so much faith and trust that he will answer, sometimes I even add fasting to it. After all these I still fail to see positive result[/quote

"You pray and don't receive because you pray amis"

"For your Father in heaven knows that which you need"

"If your earthly Father who is so wicked won't give you serpent for fish, stones for bread, how much more your Father in Heaven whose the giver of life?

" When you pray, believe that those things that you truely needed have been provided" for God is not man that should lie, neither repent.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by obisco4u: 10:54am On Aug 20, 2017
In a perfect world created by a perfect God, answering prayers will be possible. But we are in an imperfect world created by chaos. So there's no there to answer prayers for anybody.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by chiscodedon(m): 11:19am On Aug 20, 2017
Prayers pushes God to do what he hasn't planned yet to do..
Three most important things (characters) you need to watch if you possess are Love,Faith,Perseverance.
Love: you can't be asking for favour from God when you are not in peace with ur neighbour,you are carrying grudges against a friend, also seeking for face of the Lord,I assure you,if u pray till kingdom come, ur prayers shall be falling on deaf ear.he rightly emphasized much on love,to the extent he said if u are in front of his altar to give offerings to him,and remembers u are not in peace with a brother, you should take ur gift and go back to reconcile with him.
Faith: Faith moves mountain. Your prayer point should always be may God remove the spirit of doubt from u.for the moment u started praying, a spirit in u starts telling u these: Am i not talking to a mere wall,how sure am I that God is the solutions to this my problem, does God even exist?does he answers prayers?...if u start having that doubting spirit, I assure u solemnly, ur prayers are falling on dear ears too..
You should pray out with all ur heart,strongly believe and have faith that u r not talking to mere man,trust and believe that ur problems are over. After prayers,sing to the lord a joyful song immediately after ur prayers,try let ur tribulations not to bother u any longer,free ursef from that sorrow.I assure you God will answer ur prayers.
Am not convinced that God doesn't answer prayers of sinners.in as much as we should always try not to engage into sins,but that doesn't make us to be righteous. As a human,we commit sins severally unknowingly, through our actions,thought, even look,and the lord made it known that if we say we don't sin,we're making mockery of him.so we all are sinners,but God still answer our prayers,he is a merciful God.The only thing is always acknowledged that you are a sinner,and be quick to ask for his forgiveness.
Perseverance: Talk to God,never u get tired of calling on him,persevere,disturb him,he will answer that prayer even when not at the right time,you can push him to go extra mile cuz of u. Yes,he can. He was one side praying, but when he found out that his disciples were sinking in a boat,he went extra mile by walking on the sea to save them.
Today's Catholic gospel, Mat 15:21-28, a canaan woman kept following Christ, even when the disciples resisted her,even urged Christ to send her away,but the woman persisted, until he drew the attention of Lord Jesus Christ. When she met Christ, he told her 'it is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs' this alone could make any of us lost hope in him,but due to her faith in Christ, she told him 'Yes Lord,yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters table.
At this time,Jesus couldn't do any other thing than to do her wish,and by her faith her daughter was healed.
Most times we have problem, that's when we remember to pray,not even persistently. You don't just pray once,managed fast and start waiting for ur solutions. Pray to him always,persevere, love everyone around u and have faith in him,I promise u,you will be the one to come back answering this your question if truly God answers prayer.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by nkwuocha1: 11:30am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:
This is a question I have been asking myself for a very long time and yet I have failed to really find an answer to it. so I ask you who really knows this God and who reads his book, DOES GOD REALLY ANSWER PRAYERS? if Yes, How Does one pray to him for him to really answer. Countless Times have I prayed and it just seems they fall on deaf ears.

I want to know the secret if there's any

My brother, God answers prayers. Sometimes it may seem he is "deaf",but remember, the Fact you're alive shows ONLY one thing, he is not done with you yet. The problem you're going through is too small my brother to doubt God. I have seen people suffer and I have seen God at work, at the dying minute. Have faith, it's around the corner.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2017
Yes God still answers prayer..
But the question is, do you pray according to his will?
I John 5:14 "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will(the word of God) he heareth us.

1. Don't just pray with ur own understanding or knowledge but pray with the word of God. Let the word of God be in ur lips as u pray. Then you will get ur answers because you have called God to remembrance by his word.

2. Do you take time to listen for his instructions? It is not just about praying, but also expecting God to speak to us.
Prayer is a communication between you and God and like every communication, it is a two-way Street. Always take time after prayers to listen for his voice.
You do this by studying the scriptures, and asking the Holy Spirit to teach you his word, and then listening for instructions and obeying it.
Jesus said in John 10:27, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:
This is a question I have been asking myself for a very long time and yet I have failed to really find an answer to it. so I ask you who really knows this God and who reads his book, DOES GOD REALLY ANSWER PRAYERS? if Yes, How Does one pray to him for him to really answer. Countless Times have I prayed and it just seems they fall on deaf ears.

yes God trully does answer prayers...sometimes it would seem like a delay or he doesnt want to answer you,there are reasons,he may have something bigger for you in stock!

brother just have faith,move closer to him ,he is the alpha and omega..dont let anyone fool you, just have a clean heart and be good towards everyone, sometimes when you dont wish people well , your prayers wont be answered....be a good person and be consistent in your work , be patient , he can see you and one day he will surprise you..happy sunday
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by inositol88(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2017
God the creator of the universe and all things therein answers prayers.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by IamEmem(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
My friend God answers prayers big time. He has and always will answer prayers. I advise u seek to know him personally, everything around you proves there is a God, ever potent and present, he heard even the faintest voice.
The question will be best answered by you. Prove him if he will not answer you.
Selah!!!!

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by leye4u: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
0b10010011:

It definitely will work!

Those re potent and not fictions
yet God doesn't exist but the spiritual realm does..... See confusion
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by onyxo76(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:

He answers my own, so long as you're living right and striving for total obedience and holiness.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by darlous(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
He answers, am a living testimony.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by ogbright: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
God answers prayer Im a witness

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
Anusiemgood:

I have prayed for a for this job which I have already completed every requirements but till now,nothing is showing up and is trying to ruin my relationship... if God will know that this job is something I have hoped for,why can't he do the needful by allowing these people to call on us for this job...How do you think I will feel seeing another man getting married to the only woman I have desired for in this life..
JAMES 4 VS 3 - Yo pray and ask but do not receive answers because u pray amiss, that u may spend it o n your pleasures. so all you're praying for is to get a job so as to keep your woman else she gets married to someone else? What if u get the job at last u still get sacked or the company falls under a moribund? Won't she still leave u at last and get married to another?
If she is the woman of ur dreams, why won't she stick with u and liaise with u and pray together? What happened to the promise of "for better for worse".
Maybe It's not really God's will for u to get the job at pronto, exercise patience and seek His will. I myself once prayed 4 a bank job, fulfilled all criteria and prayed with fastings but at the end i still lost out. I was disappointed but after a while, i knew it wasn't God's will
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
If not for God, I dunno what I would have done in this world.

He answers my prayer and very well, sometimes immediately or in the nearest future.

I'm not exaggerating.

That's why I don't let things of the world get to me cos he is always there for me.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by femi4: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:

Three ways God answers prayers:

YES

NO

WAIT
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by greatsee: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2017
God of course answer prayer, only on one condition.... If it cums from faith
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by chiboy11(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
God is not a magician that wil make black blue in ur front now, not as if he cant do that, i believe he answer his at ur own appropriate time that fits you,meanwhile what hve u been praying to God about, lets analyse it for you, cuse you cant be n undergraduate and pray for God to make you shell oil manager, if it works that way i will then believe God is nt truthful , to the best of my knowledge i will tell you God answer prayers well dont mind the atheist who believe their is no God, He is the only one that is able and that can do what no man can do, give him a try n see no mater the situation you are into now you will b amazed by the turn around when you believe .
alwells:

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by belcom10(m): 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
The question is have u make up ur mind to follow him. Have u sincerely open ur heart for him to come in through jesus christ. If yes. Now approach him this way ;thank him for ur life and for all his as done and made, acknowledged him of his majestic and power. Second, ask him for forgiveness of sin. Confess your sins to him.remind him that his mercy endure forever :that's his word. Now make your petitions before him praying in the name of jesus.may God answer your prayer.AMEN.
alwells:

Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by Lex11(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
OP... God, being all powerful "knows the thoughts and intents of the heart" and having created the ear, definitely hears. (Psalm 94:9-10, Matthew 6:7-8 )

I believe based on the holy scriptures and from personal experience, your receiving your request depends on what you're praying for... (James 4:2-3)... obviously it shouldn't be for something bad.

1. Faith is key ("not believing that God can do it... because he can do all things, but believing that for His mercy, love, and holy words sake He will!)

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." - Hebrews 11:6 (also Hebrews 4:16, James 1:4-8 )

2. Persistence is key (Luke 18:1-8 )

3. Patience is key... that is wait upon the LORD, after all, He is God!

Peace
-------------

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?" - Luke 12:27-28
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by vuc1(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
Yes God answers prayers all you need to do is pray right; thank him, ask for forgiveness, ask for what you seek, believe, have faith and act not just only faith . You'll definitely get more than what you asked for.Most times it doesn't come the way we want it . Sometimes He already has answered but we failed to see . Sometimes it starts with the opposite of what we asked before we receive what we asked for example you maybe asking for money then you become broke but your being broke is a test to propel you to utilize what is around to get money . Sometimes He delays the answers because He has bigger plan for you. Me sef wey dey talk sometimes feel same way you feel but the fact still remains that He answers prayers.
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by toluxe0075: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
alwells:

Op, get Kenneth Hagin: praying to get results. I believe it has answers to your question
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by rymesgentility(m): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
Don't think anything in this life will ever make me doubt the wonders of prayer
Remembered when i was still in secondary school, jss1 den i use to have countless disturbing dreams were masquerades use to chase me and other things.. this was a heavy personal problem back then i later summoned courage to ask my mum about it ... i was like hey mummy I don't like the kind of dreams am dreaming..while mum gently replied me that ahh my son while not pray and stop the dreams which I accepted, prayed later in the night on my kneels i told God to stop me from dreaming lols behold I stopped dreaming for weeks ... it didn't end there ... later on started feeling jealous when all my friends will be discussing there own dreams i went back to mum and complained back to her that i have stopped dreaming and i need to start dreaming but selected ones,mum still told me to pray for it ..which i did,started dreaming right from but for some selected deeams... some said there is no God while some accepted all i know is that there is a very strong supreme being above there who loves and cherishes me so much and listens to all my problems,He never fails me anywere ..all i ever prayed i have gotten and will still get ...
Re: Does God Really Answer Prayers? by biblegirl: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
Its very obvious u dont believe in him.
alwells:

Of course I do believe in Him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doctrines And Services Of Celestial Church Of Christ / Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? / Does Killing 'wall Geckos' Have Any Physical/spiritual Consequence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.