Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? (23379 Views)

Top Presidency Aides Denied Access To Aso Villa After Violating NCDC Guidelines / PDP Will Never Come Back To Aso Rock, Osinbajo Vows / Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Abagworo(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
No Nigerian alive can win Buhari in election. I advice the intending contestants to save their money for 2023.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by clearmagap(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hereignsinam:

My brother I honestly don't understand Deziani money even blood money can not produce Deziani type of money
That one pass money ritual o
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Daboomb: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
blackbeau1:
Erm, I'd like to say that APC winning PDP was more a function of GEJ refusal to play blood thirsty politics tho.

With all the foreign currency he shared (running Nigeria's currency into tissue paper and causing recession) and prostrating for everyone in the South West, just few weeks to the election?

GEJ is consigned to the dustbin of history...FOR EVER.
But l wish PDP will field him again, l will just go and play NairaBet that he will lose the election.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by WhoIBe: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
Aren´t you guys tired of PDP or APC .
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by nextstep(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
I think the best winning ticket for PDP is a Northern candidate for President, with a SE (or middle-belt) running mate, and so far, my picks are between Ibrahim Dankwambo and Atiku Abubakar. Peter Obi, Charles Soludo, or David Mark for VP.

Why? If PDP fields somebody from SW, SS, or SE, the North will be reluctant to choose against Buhari. But if you have a candidate from NE, the Northern vote will be divided more along the lines of competence. I'd wager most would vote against Buhari except say Katsina/Kano/Jigawa. We've already heard agitation from other parts of the North that they can't keep supporting without producing president.

OK, now to bolster the SE and SS votes, you'd want somebody from SE. Why? SW already has VP, who will be Buhari's running mate again. SS just had president. Of course voters in SE (wisely, but annoyingly unpredictable) won't put their solid support behind a SE VP candidate, but nonetheless most want Buhari out, so this is to bolster that chance. SS will likely vote the same way as SE (not because of love for SE, but because of anybody but Buhari), and the vote among SW will be split because of Osinbajo.

GEJ is a non-starter, for many reasons, including the above. Lamido would be a good contender, but NC has had many chances, and I see a resurgent NE (they had a VP from 1999-2007, though I won't be surprised if NC once again oppresses other Northern groups). David Mark and Ayo Fayose may also be good candidates, but if I was PDP, I would not field them.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Daboomb: 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
Abagworo:
No Nigerian alive can win Buhari in election. I advice the intending contestants to save their money for 2023.

Buhari may not have the health and strength to even put his name on the ticket, in 2019.
But l wish he recovers his strength back otherwise it wont be worth the effort.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by wizalpha(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
I prefer BEN MUARY BRUCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by MrPolitics: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
mrvitalis:

Not at all bro

It can actually be divided. Many northerners are not happy with his government and would rather vote another northerner.

He might still win the north but not by a huge margin if the opposition is another strong northerner like kwankwaso or sule lamido
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by sonnie10: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
udumosam23:
Give Sanusi/Donald Duke ticket a trial and see miracle

Why not Duke President and Sanusi vice?

But Soludo /Fayose is a powerful pair
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Gtworld001: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
krendo:
Saraki is he best bet for Nigeria come 2019, it does not matter about party

Nigeria is in serious need of redefinition

Saraki has the charisma to pull this off

U must be out of ur senses saraki ko 419 in. idiot

1 Like

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Beress(m): 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
chinoxstock:
The youths of Nigeria are so useless that they don't care about themselves or their joblessness or hopelessness. They are more interested in petty things like APC and PDP.
Any of the fool the op listed can decamp to another party. And yet the youth still don't understand that these goats are playing with their destinyx .

What a country!!

So we shouldn't show interest in politics or what are you saying exactly?

I think u should get yourself examined
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by umuna(m): 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
mrvitalis:
Honestly speaking Buhari has a good chance to return ( even tho I may not support him again )

Realistically only David Mark can unsit Buhari

How

PDP goes with Mark ,with the idea that it's time to free the middle belt from the Hausa/Fulani dominance

This will give him 70% of middle belt
40 % of north east
25% of north west

With and Igbo vice he will get 7 million votes from
From we the igbos ( won't vote for him tho )
South south will give him close to 7 million votes too ( Jonathan didn't get this high votes because people didn't really vote for him the ones that voted votes against Buhari )

South west are always divided and has very little votes even if he loses here the difference won't be more than -1 million votes

The margin from the middle belt will give him the edge ...south south and south east will roughly match the core north ...

liked your combination but mind you, only Kano will give Buhari all the votes he needs to silence the middle belt votes. Mind you i PDP is a cause and it is dying gradually.

So if the margin in the middle belt is strong enough he wins
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
What's this nonsense talk about Dankwabo all over the place

Why do Nigerians like electing nonentities?
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Bede2u(m): 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
mrvitalis:

People over estimate the population of northern Muslims
wait o mrvitalis... na u even write dat post wen i quote.. u wey be my worst enemy here!! grin both of us voted bubu in 2015 but nw wen he don dey fvck up... i dey yab am while u just no gree see d yawa man fault. Nawa for u
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by chloride6: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
kingrt2:
The person who wrote this article should be ashamed of himself, its Nigerians like this that make the country the way it is. For Christ sake is it the party that is ruling that matters or the individual that would move the nation forward. It doesn't matter where he is from or who he represents just do your fuckin job

It is very difficult to operate outside party policy.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Gift10: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
Sule lamido president ike ekwremadu for vice it's a sure victory for PDP. They just need to devide d vote of d north by half cos APC is not getting a single vote from d south south and south East d hatred is much from dis regions..
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by TundeHashim(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
mrvitalis:
Honestly speaking Buhari has a good chance to return ( even tho I may not support him again )

How

PDP goes with Mark ,with the idea that it's time to free the middle belt from the Hausa/Fulani dominance

40 % of north east
25% of north west

South south will give him close to 7 million votes too ( Jonathan didn't get this high votes because people didn't really vote for him the ones that voted votes against Buhari )

South west are always divided and has very little votes even if he loses here the difference won't be more than -1 million votes

The margin from the middle belt will give him the edge ...south south and south east will roughly match the core north ...

When u talk of the "middle belt", that concept is only strong in areas where the Shehu's reform (jihad) did not spread to in the North. probably benue, plateau, taraba and to a lesser extent nassarawa and Kogi share the middle belt ideology. but the vast majority of people in Niger, kwara and nassarawa see themselves as more linked with the Hausa-Fulani people. as such, David Mark is outta the equation even in the North Central (middle belt zone). A core northerner would always win this region any time any day

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by WordEmmanuel(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
wizalpha:
I prefer BEN MUARY BRUCE
The Common Sense Minister. That Guy Too Make Common Sense. I Prefer Him Also,lets See If He Can Put His Common Sense Into Action.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by wawale(m): 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
The truth is PDP can't go back to Aso rock:the northerners LL vote buhari & yoruba LL vote for awolowo's inlaw
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Dindondin(m): 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
Afam4eva:
PDP needs a strong northerner to wrestle some northern votes from either Buhari or whoever APC decides to field. When that is achieved, i think the south is pretty much ope to anyone especially in the south east and south-south where Buhari or APC is hated even more than satan.
I hate to see that every party must field a northerner to oust incumbent Presidents in Nigeria. Can't we v people from other regions who can gain votes like PMB gained in the southwest?
Why north again. PDP ll make me hate them more if they bring any northerner
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by nextstep(m): 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
sonnie10:

Why not Duke President and Sanusi vice?

But Soludo /Fayose is a powerful pair

Because the North will not go for that as much as they would for Dankwambo (or another popular NC/NE candidate) for president. We truly want the North to have a hard, divided choice that will cost Buhari a lot of votes. Anything else will weaken the chances of PDP winning.

Soludo/Fayose is a powerful pair, but without a Northern candidate for president, this won't fly against Buhari.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by oyindavictor: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
krendo:
Saraki is he best bet for Nigeria come 2019, it does not matter about party

Nigeria is in serious need of redefinition

Saraki has the charisma to pull this off
gbe enu e soun idiot which saraki
Him own gan go worst pass,you tink hole nigeria fool like kwara state.you wan the man to chop nigeria like he chop kwara state to bone abi
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by nextstep(m): 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dindondin:

I hate to see that every party must field a northerner to oust incumbent Presidents in Nigeria. Can't we v people from other regions who can gain votes like PMB gained in the southwest?
Why north again. PDP ll make me hate them more if they bring any northerner

I would like to see people from other regions, but if you want Buhari out, you need to put in somebody that will divide the Northern vote. Since the winner is Northern in either case, there will be less worry and violence about "cutting short the Northern term." Anything else is wishful thinking at this point.

Come 2023, and we can field somebody from SW or SE, or even middle-belt.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
chinoxstock:
The youths of Nigeria are so useless that they don't care about themselves or their joblessness or hopelessness. They are more interested in petty things like APC and PDP.
Any of the fool the op listed can decamp to another party. And yet the youth still don't understand that these goats are playing with their destinyx .

What a country!!
You are the one who is individually useless, not ALL YOUTHS angry
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by nextstep(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
mrvitalis:

How

40 % of north east
25% of north west

I like your analysis, but I really doubt he will get anything past 10% from either NW or NE. To really divide the North, you almost have to field (sadly another) NC, or a NE candidate.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by akilo1: 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
dazani madueki
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by DRISKLEF(m): 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
danduj:
There are three things which are a mystery unto me, yea 4 which I do not know;

(1) The way Neymar makes over $200 million in 8 years
(2) The way Mayweather makes in 56 minutes more than Neymar makes in 8 years
(3) The way Deziani is probably richer than both Neymar and Mayweather combined
(4) The reason I went to school

Hahaha..
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by MDGsVISIBLE: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Tunde Bakare is the best option for Nigeria as it is..with combination of Peter Obi, Charles Soludo or Pat Utomi.
South West, South East & South South can make this happen. Let's forget about PDP and APC, what we need now is leadership shift. Let's rescue the destiny of this nation.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by nextstep(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
DaBillionnaire:

Saraki or what did I hear u say undecided

Oh! May be u meant sarrki grin

Abeg ask him. Saraki... what a disaster that would be... except all we want is a charismatic playboy who will chop worse than his predecessors.
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by sonnie10: 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2017
nextstep:

Because the North will not go for that as much as they would for Dankwambo (or another popular NC/NE candidate) for president. We truly want the North to have a hard, divided choice that will cost Buhari a lot of votes. Anything else will weaken the chances of PDP winning.

Soludo/Fayose is a powerful pair, but without a Northern candidate for president, this won't fly against Buhari.

SW is the swing states in present Nigeria. Who ever they vote for wins. PDP should leave the north for Buhari concentrate on SW. SE and SS is a done deal

1 Like

Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by jy2kbeyond(m): 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nigeria....they always appear in sheep clothing but politicians always end up as wolves. Jonathan had no shoes. Now he can afford world class shoe factory. Buhari has zero tolerance for corruption...and zero tolerance for development.

I think we are cursed. embarassed
Re: Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? by mrvitalis(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
nextstep:

I like your analysis, but I really doubt he will get anything past 10% from either NW or NE. To really divide the North, you almost have to field (sadly another) NC, or a NE candidate.
Minorities dominate north west

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Declare Emmanuel Jime Winner Of Benue Governorship Election - Observers To NEC / Fire Guts Water Corporation In Onikan Lagos / El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.