Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

The Word For Today - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today (31611 Views)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 / The Word For Today, Tuesday, 29th August, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:20am On Apr 07, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GO TO YOUR 'GOD PLACE'

Tuesday, 7th April, 2020

'Abraham went early in the morning to the place where he had stood before the Lord.' Genesis 19:27 NKJV

Abraham had a special place where he met with God. So did Daniel, when his life was threatened: 'In his upper room... he... prayed and gave thanks before...God, as was his custom' (Daniel 6:10 NKJV). Jesus, too, had a special place: 'Before daylight, He...departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed' (Mark 1:35 NKJV).

Here's an idea: establish a 'God place' in your life. When problems and pressures threaten to overwhelm you, go to your God place. When you need guidance, go to your God place. Hymnist William Walford penned these time-honoured words: 'Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer! That calls me from a world of care, and bids me at my Father's throne make all my wants and wishes known. In seasons of distress and grief, my soul has often found relief; and oft escaped the tempter's snare, by thy return, sweet hour of prayer!' In the words of Henry Ward Beecher: 'Wherever you have seen God pass, mark that spot, and go sit in that window again.'

Your God place can be anywhere, but it should be somewhere. After you've been there a while, a kind of aura will surround it. You'll create memories of intimate times with God. It will become your sanctuary, which simply means 'a place of refuge and safety'. David wrote, 'He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty' (Psalm 91:1 NKJV). Call it your God place, your secret place, your sanctuary, or whatever, but establish such a place in your life.

Soulfood: Lev 5-7, Matt 27:27-32, Ps 25:8-15, Pro 9:18.

Courtesy: GSAF, RHEMA

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CROSS 1

Wednesday, 8th April, 2020

'God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.' Galatians 6:14 NKJV

It's interesting that in the Bible Jesus doesn't ask us to remember His birth or His resurrection, although we know we should, but He tells us to remember His death. When He instituted the Lord's Supper, He said, 'Do this in remembrance of me' (Luke 22:19 NKJV).

Paul said, 'God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ' (Galatians 6:14 NKJV). The cross, like the gallows and the electric chair, is an instrument of death. So why glory in it? Because of what took place there. When Jesus said, 'It is finished,' all your sins from the cradle to the grave were paid for. So the cross is God's first and last word when it comes to salvation. It's His first word because Jesus was 'the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world' (Revelation 13:8 NKJV). And the cross is God's last word about salvation, for in Heaven they will sing, 'You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation' (Revelation 5:9 NKJV). There is no 'plan B' for salvation. The only road that goes to Heaven goes through Calvary. You can't bypass the cross or go around it if you want to be saved. The Bible says, 'Without shedding of blood there is no remission [for sin]' (Hebrews 9:22 NKJV).

As you look at the cross today, you'll see the curse of sin, the cost of sin and the cure for sin. And as you look at the cross, remind yourself: 'He did it for me.'

Soulfood: Exo 12:1-14, 1 Cor 11:20-34, Ps 25:16-22.

Credits: GSAF, RHEMA

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:15am On Apr 09, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CROSS 2

Thursday, 9th April, 2020

'But we preach Christ crucified.' 1 Corinthians 1:23 NKJV

Paul writes: 'For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God' (1 Corinthians 1:22-24 NKJV). There's no Jewish way to be saved, or Gentile way to be saved. There's only one way to be saved - that's the way of the cross! We all have the same need. We need to know what's right and do what's right. We need the wisdom to know what to do, and we need the power to do it. And Christ offers us both through the cross.

In his early ministry, when Billy Graham preached to a great crowd in Dallas, Texas, there was very little response to his message. As he was leaving the platform, an old man told him, 'Your message was good, but you didn't preach the cross.' Billy went to his room, wept and resolved, 'There will never be a sermon that I preach unless the cross is central.' Starting that day, God used him to win more people to Christ than almost any other preacher in history.

There's just enough ego in each of us to want to 'contribute' to our salvation by doing good works. But we cannot. Hymnist Robert Lowry wrote: 'What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh, precious is the flow that makes me white as snow. No other fount I know; nothing but the blood of Jesus.'

Soulfood: Lev 8-10, Matt 27:33-44, Ps 49, Pro 10:1-2.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:19am On Apr 10, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CROSS 3

Friday, 10th April, 2020

'The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.' 1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV

God dying on the cross for our sins sounds like 'foolishness' to some people. Their philosophy is 'If I cannot understand it, I won't accept it.' That's where they get it wrong. Salvation comes through faith alone. 'Unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of Heaven' (Matthew 18:3 NKJV). Simple, childlike faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross is all that's required.

The story is told of a student whose professor gave him zero on a test. Upset, he said, 'I don't deserve this grade.' The professor smiled and quipped, 'I agree, but zero is the lowest grade I can give.' That's how God feels about our wisdom. 'The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God' (1 Corinthians 3:19 NKJV). One day a man stood on the roof of his house during a flood, and prayed, 'God, please save me.' Soon a rowboat came by and offered to take him to safety. But he said, 'No, God will take care of me.' The waters kept coming up until they were almost at his waist. Suddenly a helicopter appeared overhead and a rope ladder was lowered down. 'Oh no, God will take care of me.' Soon after that the man drowned. When he stood before God, he said, 'Why didn't you save me?' God responded, 'I sent you a rowboat and a helicopter. What else did you want?'

At the cross, God did everything required to save you. All you have to do is trust in Christ and receive the gift of eternal life.

Soulfood: Gen 22:1-18, Matt 27:45-56, Ps 22, Isa 53.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:12am On Apr 11, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CROSS 4

Saturday, 11th April, 2020

'Behold, they have rejected the Word of the Lord; so what wisdom do they have?' Jeremiah 8:9 NKJV

You will never understand the message of the cross, or receive the benefits of salvation that come from the cross, until you first kneel at the cross and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

The story is told of a great preacher who was touring Italy. A friend told him to go to a certain village and see a painting of the crucifixion of Christ. 'What is it like?' he asked. His friend said, 'Never mind what it is like. I want you to see it. Please promise me you will.' He replied, 'I will.' He went to the village and visited the chapel where the painting was. The old caretaker said, 'You've come to see the painting, haven't you?' He said, 'Why, yes I have.' The caretaker responded, 'Follow me.' The great preacher was not prepared for what he was about to see. Instead of a beautiful masterpiece, the painting seemed all out of proportion and didn't make sense. 'I don't understand this painting,' he said. The caretaker replied, 'Come closer.' He did. The caretaker said, 'Get lower.' He did. Finally, as he was kneeling at the foot of the cross, he looked up and saw the power and beauty of the painting and was reduced to tears.

It's only when you lay aside your pride, preconceived notions and intellectual approach, and humble yourself, that the message of the cross transforms you. 'For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing; but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God' (1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV).

Soulfood: Num 21:4-9, Matt 27:57-66, Ps 69:7-21, Deut 21:22-23.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:08am On Apr 13, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SATAN WANTS TO STOP YOU 1

Monday, 13th April, 2020

'We wanted to come...but Satan hindered us.' 1 Thessalonians 2:18 NKJV

Paul writes, 'We wanted to come to you... time and again - but Satan hindered us' (1 Thessalonians 2:18 NKJV). Note the words 'time and again'. When you have an assignment from God, Satan will repeatedly attack you, to stop you from fulfilling it.

Observe: (1) His attacks reveal that he believes you're capable of accomplishing your goal. That's why when you're down, he wants to keep you there. He knows if you rise again, you'll be stronger and more effective than ever. (2) He always attacks the birth of something significant in your life. It may be the birth of your ministry, as with Jesus in the wilderness temptation. It may be the birth of your 'child of destiny', like the birth of Moses, which initiated the killing of newborn males in Egypt in an effort to stop the exodus. (3) He uses those closest to you as a gateway to your heart. Jesus said, 'Your enemies will be right in your own household' (Matthew 10:36 NLT)! So what should you do? Pray for them. Your intercession is often the only covering they have, so pray daily for the grace and mercy of God to be downloaded into their hearts.

Above all, never forget that your attitude is more important than the adversity you're experiencing. Attacks pass, but your attitude, if bitter or demoralised, can grow into a root of bitterness that will poison every day of your future (see Hebrews 12:15). Your influence in God's Kingdom can be determined by the attack the enemy launches against you. So don't get discouraged - keep on keeping on!

Soulfood: Lev 11:1 - 13:37, Matt 28:11-20, Ps 50:1-15, Pro 10:3.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

'YES BUT' PEOPLE

Tuesday, 28th April, 2020

'They have an unhealthy interest in controversies.'1 Timothy 6:4 NIV

Some people miss the good things in life by focusing only on what's wrong. They point out the weeds in the garden and miss the flowers. Who are they? They're the 'Yes, but' people. To help them and deal with them the right way, we must:

(1) Be discerning. Recognise that often their outward bravado masks a deep inner insecurity. It lets them shift the focus off their own fears and onto the faults of others. (2) Be accepting. Our first inclination is to ignore and isolate difficult people. That's a mistake. Difficult people often want to be ignored, and avoiding them just provides the emotional distance for them to hide. Plus, it confirms their belief that you don't care and won't listen because you think they're wrong and you're right.

(3) Be interested. Show genuine concern for their family, their work and their well-being. 'Yes, but' people usually struggle with giving and receiving love; they're inclined to elevate opinion and loyalty above communication and reconciliation. And nowhere is it more evident than in their personal lives. So be prepared to empathise with the trail of broken relationships you're likely to find. (4) Be kind. The Bible says, 'Love is patient, love is kind...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails' (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV). Avoiding 'Yes, but' people doesn't work; neither does arguing with them or trying to straighten them out. You can't change the habits of a lifetime in one or two conversations. But given enough time, the one strategy that never fails is love.

Soulfood: Jam 1-2, Mark 5:1-10, Ps 94:1-11, Pro 10:24-26.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:47am On Apr 29, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DO ONLY WHAT GOD WANTS

Wednesday, 29th April, 2020

'I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.' John 17:4 NKJV

Over half of those who enter Christian ministry quit within ten years because of stress and discouragement. How can you avoid that? By following Christ's example. How did Jesus do it? He tells us: 'The Son can do nothing by Himself; He can do only what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does...By Myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and My judgment is just, for I seek not to please Myself but Him who sent Me' (John 5:19-20, 30 NIV).

That sounds simple, right? Simple - but not easy. People will try to talk you into doing good things that are not necessarily God's highest priority for you. You can spend your life doing the 'good' and never get around to doing the 'best'. Jesus said, 'I have finished the work which You have given Me to do' (John 17:4 NKJV). If God doesn't give it to you, don't take it on. And if He does, don't try it without His help. Grandfather clocks come with two simple instructions. First, don't let it run down. Second, don't wind it too tight. Why did Jesus rise before dawn to pray and sometimes pray all night? To avoid getting run-down, or wound up too tight!

The Bible says, 'Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the Godly to slip and fall' (Psalm 55:22 NLT). But He can only carry your burdens when you give them to Him.

Soulfood: Jam 3-5, Mark 5:11-20, Ps 94:12-23, Pro 10:27.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WHERE IS GOD WHEN IT HURTS

Thursday, 30th April, 2020

'Shall we indeed accept good from God, and...not...adversity?' Job 2:10 NKJV

If you could ask God one question and be guaranteed an answer, what would you ask? When pollster George Barna asked this question in a national survey in the USA, the primary response was: 'Why is there pain and suffering in the world?' The short answer is: Christ's first coming was to save us from the penalty of our sin; His second coming is to save us from the presence of sin and restore Paradise lost. But at some point in your life you will face pain and suffering. Job was a good and Godly man, yet all ten of his children died tragically in a single day. 'Then his wife said to him, "Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!" But he said to her..."Shall we indeed accept good from God, and...not...adversity?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips' (Job 2:9-10 NKJV).

Observe two things about adversity. First, the opposite of integrity [wholeness] is fragmentation; we either fall apart or draw closer to God. Second, what we say is crucial: 'In all this Job did not sin with his lips' (Job 2:10 NKJV). Yes, he grieved deeply. And he had lots of questions for God, including unanswered ones. Yet when he spoke, here's what he said: 'He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His steps; I have kept His way and not turned aside. I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food' (Job 23:10-12 NKJV).

Soulfood: Num 1-2, Mark 5:21-30, Ps 35, Pro 10:28-29.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:01pm On May 01, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THOMAS' TWIN

Friday, 1st May, 2020

'Thomas, called the twin...was not with them when Jesus came.' John 20:24 NKJV

The Bible says: 'Now Thomas, called the twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails...and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God"' (John 20:24-28 NKJV)!

Note the words 'Thomas, called the twin'. Do you know who the other twin is? You! Whoever you are, reading this page today, you are Thomas' twin. Think about it: how often have you doubted God's love, His goodness, His grace, His faithfulness and His promises?

So what's the solution? An up-close-and-personal encounter with Jesus like Thomas had. It happens when you read His Word and a verse leaps off the page, causing you to exclaim, 'My Lord and my God!' It happens in conversation with a friend when he or she shares such wisdom and insight that you find yourself saying, 'My Lord and my God!' It happens when you pray like the psalmist: 'Be good to your servant, that I may live and obey Your word. Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in Your instructions' (Psalm 119:17-18 NLT).

Soulfood: Num 3:1 - 4:33, Mark 5:31-43, Ps 2, Pro 10:30-32.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:57am On May 02, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEARN TO THINK STRATEGICALLY 1

Saturday, 2nd May, 2020

'So be careful how you live.' Ephesians 5:15 NLT

Strategic thinking helps you to plan, become more efficient, maximise your strengths and find the most direct path towards achieving your God-given assignment in life.

The benefits of strategic thinking are numerous. Here are a few of them: (1) Strategic thinking simplifies the difficult. It takes complex issues and long-term objectives that can be very difficult to address, and breaks them down into manageable sizes. Anything becomes simpler when you have a plan! The Bible says, 'The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty' (Proverbs 21:5 NIV). (2) Strategic thinking helps you to ask the right questions. Take a look at the following questions developed by Bobb Biehl, author of Masterplanning. 'Direction: What should we do next? Why? Organisation: Who is responsible for what? Who is responsible for whom? Do we have the right people in the right places? Cash: What is our projected income, expense, net? Can we afford it? How can we afford it? Tracking: Are we on target? Overall evaluation: Are we achieving the quality we expect and demand of ourselves? Refinement: How can we be more effective and more efficient?'

These may not be the only questions you need to ask in order to begin formulating a strategic plan, but they are a good first step. Until you take the first step, you'll remain stuck. Until you get over your need to do it perfectly, you won't do it at all. You ask, 'When should I start?' Today!

Soulfood: Num 4:34 - 6:27, Mark 6:1-13, Ps 37:1-7, Pro 11:1-2.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:33pm On May 03, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEARN TO THINK STRATEGICALLY 2

Sunday, 3rd May, 2020

'Every prudent man acts with knowledge.' Proverbs 13:16 NKJV

By taking the time to acquire knowledge, you'll be ready for the opportunities life brings. If you are not prepared, they'll pass you by and go to others. God said, 'My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge' (Hosea 4:6 NKJV).

Observe: (1) Strategic thinking prepares you for the future. None of us know what tomorrow will bring. 'Don't brag about your plans for tomorrow - wait and see what happens' (Proverbs 27:1 TLB). The only thing that's worse than the uncertainty of tomorrow is having no plan and strategy for your life. (2) Strategic thinking reduces the margin of error. Whenever you shoot from the hip, you increase your margin of error. It's like a golfer stepping up to a ball and hitting it before lining up the shot. Misaligning a shot by a few degrees can send your ball a hundred metres off target. Strategic thinking lines up your actions with your objectives, just as lining up a shot in golf helps you to put the ball closer to the pin. The better you are aligned with your target, the better the odds that you will be going in the right direction. (3) Strategic thinking gives you influence with others. One executive quipped, 'Our company has a short-range plan and a long-range plan. Our short-range plan is to stay afloat long enough to make it to our long-range plan.' That's hardly a strategy, yet it's the position some of us find ourselves in.

The person with the plan is the one with the power. Whatever activity you're involved in, strategic thinking is essential to success. Talk to God about it.

Soulfood: Matt 5:9, Rom 12:17-21, Jam 3:17-18, Pro 16:7.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:45am On May 04, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEARN TO THINK STRATEGICALLY 3

Monday, 4th May, 2020

'The Lord...has given me counsel.' Psalm 16:7 NKJV

When you're faced with a problem that overwhelms you, break it down into smaller, more manageable parts so you can focus on each of them more effectively. Don't try to juggle the whole thing in your head; put it down in writing so you can get a clearer picture. One of those small parts may be the key that opens the door. And if you still can't find a solution, take it to God in prayer.

The psalmist said, 'The Lord will perfect that which concerns me' (Psalm 138:8 NKJV). If something is of concern to you, it's of concern to the God who loves you. Pray: 'Lord, I'm giving this problem to You and I'm going to sleep.' When you do that, you can awaken in the morning with an amazingly simple solution to the overwhelming problem you had the night before. The psalmist said, 'I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons' (Psalm 16:7 NKJV). God knows what you don't know, and prayer gives you access to His knowledge. Five loaves and two fish in a boy's hands won't feed five thousand people. But when he put it into Christ's hands, it multiplied and they had twelve full baskets left over.

Strategic thinking works best when God is the foundation of your strategy, when you stand on His Word and claim His promise: 'Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know' (Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV). God will do it through you, as long as you remember you can't do it without Him.

Soulfood: Num 7, Mark 6:14-29, Ps 37:8-15, Pro 11:3.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:46pm On May 05, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING

Tuesday, 5th May, 2020

'You can go to bed without fear...lie down and sleep soundly.' Proverbs 3:24 NLT

Insomnia is a miserable thing. At any given time it affects 30 to 50 per cent of the population. You dread bedtime, toss and tumble all night, and walk around exhausted the next day. And, when it continues for weeks or even months, it can depress you and rob you of your joy.

Is that what's happening to you right now? Then let God help you. His Word says He 'gives rest to His loved ones' (Psalm 127:2 NLT). His promise is, 'You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly' (Proverbs 3:24 NLT). And if you'd like to stop taking those sleeping pills, the Great Physician can heal you.

Make this your prayer today: 'Father, shine your light on the root cause of my sleeplessness. Whatever anxieties are stopping me from entering into a state of restorative slumber, I cast them all on You as instructed, knowing You care for me (see 1 Peter 5:7). Calm my racing thoughts and restless mind. Help me to be still and know You are my God (see Psalm 46:10). I submit to your command not to worry about anything, but to pray about everything instead. I bring my needs to You, and thank You for all You have already done. Your Word assures me that if I do this I'll experience your peace, which is more wonderful than the human mind can understand, and that it will guard my heart and my mind (see Philippians 4:6-7). By faith I will lie down tonight without fear or anxiety and enjoy pleasant dreams. Yes, I will lie down in peace and sleep because You...Lord, will keep me safe (see Psalm 4:cool. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.'

Soulfood: Num 8-10, Mark 6:30-44, Ps 37:16-24, Pro 11:4.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:38pm On May 06, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DO WHAT PLEASES GOD

Wednesday, 6th May, 2020

'Do what is right.' Psalm 4:5 NCV

Day after day Potiphar's wife tried to seduce Joseph, but he said no. He gave her no time, no attention, no chitchat and no reason for hope. 'He did not heed her, to lie with her or to be with her' (Genesis 39:10 NKJV). When she called, he didn't answer the phone. When she texted, he didn't text back. When she showed up, he 'fled and ran outside' (Genesis 39:12 NKJV).

In a culture that uses phrases like 'consenting adults' and 'sexual rights', we forget how immorality destroys the lives of people who aren't in the bedroom. Max Lucado writes: 'Years ago a friend gave me this counsel: "Make a list of all the lives you would affect by your sexual immorality." I did. Every so often I reread it. "My wife Denalyn. My three daughters. My son-in-law. My yet-to-be-born granddaughter. Every person who has ever read one of my books or heard one of my sermons. My publishing team. Our church staff." The list reminds me: one act of carnality is a poor exchange for a lifetime of lost legacy.'

Joseph's primary reason for saying no to Potiphar's wife was - God. 'How...can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God' (Genesis 39:9 NKJV)? The lesson we learn from Joseph is surprisingly simple: do what pleases God. When a friend offers you a joint of marijuana: do what pleases God. When your classmates show you a way to cheat: do what pleases God. When the temptation to watch pornography is great: do what pleases God. 'How can I please God?' you ask. 'Do what is right as a sacrifice to the Lord and trust the Lord' (Psalm 4:5 NCV).

Soulfood: Num 11-13, Mark 6:45-56, Ps 37:25-31, Pro 11:5-6.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:02am On May 07, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

RETRAIN YOUR MIND

Thursday, 7th May, 2020

'For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.' Proverbs 23:7 NKJV

The thought patterns you establish put you on autopilot. That means when specific situations arise, you may be pre-programmed to respond in a certain way. Sometimes that's a good thing, like automatically distancing yourself from danger. Other times, you need to interrupt your autopilot function and stop your mind from going in the wrong direction.

For example, maybe you've spent years dreading Christmas celebrations with extended family. This year you can choose to think, 'It's not my favourite activity, but I'm going to look for something good in each of my relatives.' Or maybe you've developed a habit of complaining and feeling overwhelmed each month when the bills arrive. Instead you can choose to think, 'I'm going to pay as much as possible on these, and little by little I'll get out of debt.' Or maybe you don't like your job, your boss or the people you work with. If so, you have a choice. You can be negative and critical, or say, 'I'm glad I've got a job; many people don't. I'm going to do my best every day, and believe God to give me favour with my boss. My work environment may not be ideal, but I'll do my part to make it pleasant for myself and those around me. I'd like a raise, so I'll work hard to earn it.'

Instead of reacting to the first thoughts that cross your mind, retrain your mind, one thought at a time, to think differently. It takes a little work, but when you think God's thoughts, He becomes your partner in accomplishing whatever you need to accomplish.

Soulfood: Num 14-15, Mark 7:1-13, Ps 37:32-40, Pro 11:7-8.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:06am On May 08, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

REJOICE YOU ARE IN THE WILL OF GOD

Friday, 8th May, 2020

'I delight to do your will, O my God.' Psalm 40:8 NKJV

There's no joy in life that compares to knowing that you're walking in the centre of God's will. Not fame, not riches, not pleasure. Nothing compares to knowing you have the smile of His approval on what you're doing each day. Will doing God's will always be easy? No; it's enjoyable, but it's not always easy. Indeed, your God-given assignment in life may bring many levels of resistance and attack.

But your joy comes from knowing that God is strengthening you to do - by the power of His Spirit - what you could never do on your own. So in that sense, resistance and attack may serve as confirmation that you're truly in God's will! Paul writes: 'In labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness - besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak' (2 Corinthians 11:23-29 NKJV)?

So rejoice - though there is trouble, you are in the will of God!

Soulfood: Num 16-18, Mark 7:14-23, Ps 44:1-8, Pro 11:9.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 4:06pm On May 09, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WHAT'S YOUR PLAN

Saturday, 9th May, 2020

'The plan seemed good to Pharaoh and to all his officials.' Genesis 41:37 NIV

God gave Joseph a dream that one day he'd be in a high-profile leadership position. But when he finally arrived at Pharaoh's palace, he didn't walk in and announce, 'God told me I was to be the boss round here!' No, he had to work for it! There was worldwide famine at the time and Joseph gave Pharaoh a plan not only to survive it, but to prosper because of it. Notice what Pharaoh said about Joseph: 'Can we find anyone like this man, one in whom is the Spirit of God' (Genesis 41:38 NIV)?

So what's your dream? And what's your plan? Your dream and your talent are important, but long-term success won't happen without a plan. The Bible says, 'A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men' (Proverbs 18:16 NKJV). Your talent may bring you to the attention of key people, but you'll have to be able to answer the question 'What's your plan?' A plan takes your dreams and talents and maximises them by bringing structure to the concept. It involves being committed to a budget; it means constantly working on specific goals and details. Joseph gave Pharaoh a specific plan with a time line: seven years. He told him, 'This food should be held in reserve for the country, to be used during the seven years of famine' (Genesis 41:36 NIV).

So here's what you need to do: write down your plan, which includes specific actions and deadlines to fulfil it. Will God bless your plan? Yes, but you must have the right plan in place before He can bless it.

Soulfood: Num 19-21, Mark 7:24-37, Ps 44:9-16, Pro 11:10-11.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 4:35pm On May 10, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

FAITH

Sunday, 10th May, 2020

'Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.' Romans 10:17 NKJV

Let's define the word 'faith' more clearly. The Bible says faith is 'the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen' (Hebrews 11:1 NKJV). Faith isn't empty hope, or simply a positive confession of something we want to be true. Faith is recognising something that's already a reality despite the fact that it can't yet be seen.

The Bible says Abraham 'believed - God, who...calls those things which do not exist as though they did' (Romans 4:17 NKJV). Based on this verse, some people think that whatever they want they can simply 'speak into existence'. Read the verse again! Abraham didn't speak Isaac into existence, God did! Abraham simply believed God, acted on His promise, and as a result Isaac was born. 'Not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb. He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform' (Romans 4:19-21 NKJV).

Your faith must be in God, not in your faith! In and of itself, faith has no creative power; it just affirms what already exists in the unseen world and in what God has promised, knowing that in His time it will come to pass because it's His will. Whatever you claim by faith must be based on what God has clearly promised you in His Word. And how do you develop that kind of faith? Read, study understand and act the Word! 'Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God' (Romans 10:17 NIV).

Soulfood: Matt 5:10, 1 Thes 2:13 - 3:5, 1 Cor 4:11-13, Rev 6:9-11.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:07pm On May 11, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DEMOLISHING STRONGHOLDS

Monday, 11th May, 2020

'The weapons we fight with...have...power to demolish strongholds.' 2 Corinthians 10:4 NIV

God called David 'a man after my own heart' (Acts 13:22 NKJV). But David struggled with a weakness in his life. What was it? A lustful spirit that surfaced from time to time, and the people closest to him knew about it. When he grew old and couldn't get warmed, they brought a young girl to lie beside him in bed that he 'may be warm' (1 Kings 1:1-2 ESV). They figured if that didn't get David's circulation moving he had to be dying! But there's something sad here. David passed on his weakness to his son Amnon, who ended up raping his sister. And although David was angry about it, he didn't confront or punish him. After all, what could he say? Like father, like son!

Lust isn't just a whim or a passing fancy, it's a sin. And when it passes from one generation to the next, it becomes a 'stronghold'. Today psychologists refer to it as 'a genetic predisposition'. Maybe somewhere in your family tree there are other strongholds: a workaholic or emotionally unavailable parent, a brother or sister who drank too much, and now you're wrestling with the same issues. Don't be discouraged; Paul says, 'The weapons we fight with...have...power to demolish strongholds' (2 Corinthians 10:4 NIV).

So before you consult a divorce court or a rehab centre, name your stronghold, then pray, believing God to break its stranglehold on your life. Get help before it infects the next generation. Don't pass it on - pass it back to where it came from.

Soulfood: Num 22-24, Mark 8:1-13, Ps 44:17-26, Pro 11:12-13.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:40am On May 12, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT 1

Tuesday, 12th May, 2020

'Whatever things are of good report...meditate on these things.' Philippians 4:8 NKJV

We all need 'an attitude adjustment' from time to time. It's crucial to maintain the right outlook when the going gets rough. No matter what happens in your life, determine to go through it with the right attitude. In fact, determine beforehand to keep a positive mindset in the midst of every negative situation that arises. If you make this a conscious decision and meditate on it during the good times, when difficulties arise you'll already be prepared.

Paul writes: 'Whatever things are true...are noble...are just...are pure...are lovely...are of good report; if there is any virtue...and...praiseworthy - meditate on these things...and the God of peace willl be with you' (Philippians 4:8-9 NKJV). Some of the greatest writers and composers in history created masterpieces during the worst times of their lives. Beethoven's most famous symphonies were written when he was almost totally deaf and experiencing great sorrow. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to think, 'I could never be like those people.' If you think like that, you'll be defeated before you even try.

Maintaining a right attitude is always much easier than regaining a right attitude. So as soon as you sense yourself becoming negative, make an immediate attitude adjustment. The Bible says, 'Resist the devil and he will flee from you' (James 4:7 NKJV). The moment the enemy sends negative thoughts into your mind, stop them midstream. Discipline yourself to stand strong with a positive attitude in every circumstance. When you do, 'the God of peace will be with you'.

Soulfood: Num 25-26, Mark 8:14-26, Ps 57, Pro 11:14.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:12am On May 13, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT 2

Wednesday, 13th May, 2020

'He changes times and seasons...He gives wisdom.' Daniel 2:21 NIV

Realise that rough times won't last forever. As surely as God created spring to follow winter, 'He changes times and seasons...He gives wisdom' (Daniel 2:21 NIV). The season of adversity you're in will end. And when it does, you'll glean from it the wisdom to build a better future. Sometimes your greatest blessings come from your most negative circumstances. Paul writes, 'Our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever' (2 Corinthians 4:17 NLT)! Tough times don't last, but tough people do! Out of your greatest tests come your greatest testimonies.

Don't make major decisions during a storm. Thoughts and feelings often run wild in the midst of a crisis; those are times when you need to be careful about making decisions. Remain calm, discipline yourself to focus on what you can do, and trust God to do what you can't. Just as a pilot error can cause a plane to be diverted from its intended destination, or have to make a dangerous emergency landing, a bad decision can divert or delay you from reaching your destiny. Let your emotions subside - before you decide. You may not always have that option, but as much as possible, put significant decisions on hold until your storm passes. Just as the wind blows about wildly during a storm, your thoughts can become wild and frantic, and that's not the best time to make crucial assessments.

What should you do? Paul answers, 'Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and...His peace will guard your hearts and minds' (Philippians 4:6-7 NLT).

Soulfood: Num 27-29, Mark 8:27-38, Ps 62, Pro 11:15.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 3:23pm On May 15, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT 3

Thursday, 14th May, 2020

'Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.' Proverbs 3:6 NLT

When it comes to having the right attitude - stay in touch with the control tower. Air traffic controllers 'see the big picture' when it comes to what's going on in the sky. They have the knowledge and authority to tell pilots to slow down or speed up, fly higher or lower, avoid or navigate through storms, or take alternative routes. Amazingly, air traffic controllers in the United Kingdom handle over 2.5 million flights each year - an average of around 7,000 every day. In fact, their busiest day on record was 5th July 2019, when they handled 8,863 flights! They manage commercial flights, private aviation, military, and cargo air traffic, as well as air taxis and airport vehicles. With so many flights taking off and landing every minute, pilots have to stay in touch with the control tower.

Similarly, you must stay in touch with God - the one who sees the big picture for your life and orchestrates everything that involves you. He makes sure everything that needs to happen, happens at the right time, and moves at the appropriate speed to make sure you arrive safely at the destination He's planned for you. That's why staying in communication with God should be at the top of your daily to-do list. He will help you navigate the ups and downs of life, and find your way through cloudy days when you can't see the next step you need to take.

In short, when you 'seek His will in all you do...He will show you which path to take' (Proverbs 3:6 NLT).

Soulfood: Num 30:1 - 32:24, Mark 9:1-13, Ps 49, Pro 11:16-18.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:29pm On May 15, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE NEED FOR TRUE REPENTANCE

Friday, 15th May, 2020

'Godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted.' 2 Corinthians 7:10 NKJV

There's a difference between confessing your sin and repenting of it. In Scripture, the word 'repentance' means 'to turn away from sin'. By confessing your sin, you acknowledge what you have done; by repenting, you turn away from it. And the good news is that there's no limit to God's forgiveness. The moment you ask for it, you receive it.

However, God doesn't intend you to keep repeating your sinful patterns over and over again. That's where 'Godly sorrow' comes in. Paul writes, 'You sorrowed in a Godly manner: What diligence it produced in you' (2 Corinthians 7:11 NKJV). The purpose of Godly sorrow is to make you more diligent when it comes to changing behaviour. When you allow sin into your life, you violate your core of righteousness. 'For [God]...made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him' (2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV). At the point of salvation, God literally made you 'the righteousness of God in Christ'. You're a regenerated spirit living in an unregenerated body, and when you permit sin into your life, it violates the very core of who you are! And that will cause you Godly sorrow, leading to repentance and turning away from sin.

Don't settle for saying, 'This is a habit I can't break. But it's okay because God will forgive me.' Yes, He will forgive you, but He doesn't want you to settle for a cycle of sin, repentance, forgiveness and then repeating the same sin. He wants you to be strong and effective in His service. That's why He's calling you to a higher level.

Soulfood: Num 32:25 - 33:56, Mark 9:14-29, Ps 18:1-29, Pro 11:19-21.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 4:12pm On May 17, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

RENEW YOUR STRENGTH

Saturday, 16th May, 2020

'Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.' Isaiah 40:31 NKJV

When you're physically, emotionally and spiritually drained, you become vulnerable. One example is when Samson grew tired, and laid down in Delilah's lap. Jesus called for 100 per cent commitment, but He also knew the importance of staying in balance; of work and rest; of giving out and taking in. 'Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and His apostles didn't even have time to eat. So they left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone' (Mark 6:31-32 NLT).

A good general will never commit all his soldiers to the battlefield at the same time. He keeps a reserve force to relieve the exhausted ones when they stagger back from the front lines. Yes, you may have the greatest assignment in the world and be succeeding in it, but unless you 'keep a reserve', you're opening yourself up to potential danger. That's why setting aside time each day to be alone with God in prayer and Bible reading is so important. If Satan can't defeat you outright, he will settle for an exhausted, ineffective version of the person God wants you to be. If you're a type A, high-energy person, you're particularly at risk.

What's the answer? 'Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint' (Isaiah 40:30-31 NKJV).

Soulfood: Num 34-36, Mark 9:30-37, Ps 18:30-50, Pro 11:22.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

STRENGTH AND STRATEGY FOR LIVING

Sunday, 17th May, 2020

'He gives power to the weak.' Isaiah 40:29 NKJV

When the battle continues to rage with no end in sight, you can grow weary. Is that where you are today? Are things that once ran smoothly no longer working? Have you done all you know to do but it hasn't helped?

What should you do? Spend more time with God in prayer, and listen to Him as He speaks to you through His Word. As long as you don't give up within, victory is assured without. It's a matter of replenishing your strength by drawing on God's strength, refocusing your faith towards victory, and '[calling] to remembrance' God's promises (Psalm 77:6 NKJV). When you feel overwhelmed by trouble in your marriage, your business, your health, your job or your finances, stand on these two Bible promises: 'He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint' (Isaiah 40:29-31 NLT). 'We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it. In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God...And He did rescue us...We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us' (2 Corinthians 1:8-10 NLT).

Instead of trying to escape the situation, seek God and He will give you strength and a strategy to come out of it stronger.

Soulfood: Matt 4:12-16, Matt 5:14-16, Acts 9:1-19.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:17am On May 18, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD AND YOUR MONEY 1

Monday, 18th May, 2020

'No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.' Psalm 84:11 NKJV

What you believe about God and your money will determine how you pray and what you believe Him for. You say, 'But money is the root of all evil.' No, the Bible says, 'The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil' (1 Timothy 6:10 NKJV). That means if you're a miser, God won't give you more. 'But haven't some preachers used the Bible to enrich themselves?' you ask. Absolutely - and you wouldn't want to stand in their shoes when they answer to God! But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The best way to tell if a five-dollar note is counterfeit is to place it beside a genuine one.

So here's the question: are you looking for a reason to doubt God's promises, or a reason to believe them? The Bible says, 'No good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless' (Psalm 84:11 NIV). We all agree that providing for your family, getting a promotion, educating your children and meeting other people's needs are all 'good' things. So when you 'do what is right' before God, you can expect Him to bless you. John wrote, 'Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers' (3 John 2 NKJV).

Only when our children reach maturity and demonstrate responsibility do we entrust them with the keys to the family car, right? So maturity must precede prosperity. When you demonstrate maturity, you can go to God with confidence, knowing He'll meet your needs and bless you. This raises the question: are you growing and maturing spiritually?

Soulfood: Jonah 1-4, Mark 9:38-50, Ps 75, Pro 11:23.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:24am On May 19, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD AND YOUR MONEY 2

Tuesday, 19th May, 2020

'In all things at all times, having all that you need.' 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

Let's begin by saying it again: what you believe about God and your money will determine what you believe Him for. If the reason you want more is to 'keep up with the Joneses', or brag about what you own, don't expect God to bless your plans. The Bible says, 'God opposes the proud but shows favour to the humble' (James 4:6 NIV). Humility says, 'Lord, everything I have is a gift from you. And everything I'll ever need comes from you.'

Before you ask God for more money, you must know that your heart motive is right. And when you know it is, you can stand on this Scripture: 'Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: "They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever." Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion' (2 Corinthians 9:6-11 NIV).

Who does God give seed to? Sowers - not hoarders. When does God multiply your seed? When you sow it to fulfil His purposes.

Soulfood: Titus 1-3, Mark 10:1-12, Ps 88:1-9a, Pro 11:24-26.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:26am On May 20, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD AND YOUR MONEY 3

Wednesday, 20th May, 2020

'Help in time of need.' Hebrews 4:16 NKJV

When you have a spiritual, physical, relational or financial need, God says He will meet it. But some of us have a hard time believing this. After all, Jesus condemned the rich man for overlooking the poor man sitting on his doorstep. And God hasn't changed His position on that issue. Jesus told the story of a man so busy making money that he had no time for God. 'But God said to him, "You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?" Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God' (Luke 12:20-21 NLT). And He hasn't changed positions on that issue either. Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple because they were ripping people off. He went so far as to call them 'a den of thieves' (Mark 11:17 NKJV).

Does that mean God is interested in meeting our spiritual needs but not our material ones? Let's be clear; your spiritual needs should always be your highest priority, but let's allow the Scriptures to speak for themselves. When it comes to God and your money, Jesus said: 'Don't worry about these things, saying, "What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?" These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need' (Matthew 6:31-33 NLT). Note the word 'everything'.

When you're in right standing with God, you can pray with confidence and ask Him to bless you in all things!

Soulfood: Heb 1-4, Mark 10:13-22, Ps 88:9b-18, Pro 11:27-29.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:31am On May 21, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD AND YOUR MONEY 4

Thursday, 21st May, 2020

'Money answers everything.' Ecclesiastes 10:19 NKJV

The Bible teaches that God wants you to have enough money to:

(1) Provide for the needs of your family and help them to succeed. 'If anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever' (1 Timothy 5:8 NKJV). (2) Tithe, and finance His work. '"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of Heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it"' (Malachi 3:10 NIV). (3) Pay your taxes and your obligations. In answer to the question 'Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?' Jesus replied, 'Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God' (Matthew 22:17-22 NLT). (4) Send His Word to the four corners of the world. 'How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent' (Romans 10:14-15 NKJV)? (5) Help the poor and needy. 'Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments...Wealth and riches will be in his house...he has dispersed abroad, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever' (Psalm 112:1, 3, 9 NKJV).

When your reason for wanting money is to fulfil God's will and bless others, God will honour you.

Soulfood: Heb 5-8, Mark 10:23-34, Ps 93, Pro 11:30-31.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:49am On May 22, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD AND YOUR MONEY 5

Friday, 22nd May, 2020

'He will give you everything you need.' Matthew 6:33 NLT

When it comes to money, the Bible teaches that:

(1) God wants you to have enough to meet any size of need you may face. Think about it: employees are mainly concerned with one thing - getting their salary. Employers, on the other hand, have a bigger need. They must have enough money to cover everybody's salary. And here's the good news for both employer and employee: 'Your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask Him' (Matthew 6:8 NLT)! (2) Many times God will send you to a particular place or person in order to meet your need. During a time of severe famine when people in Israel were dying of starvation, God said to the prophet Elijah, 'Turn eastward, and hide thyself by the Brook Cherith...I have commanded the ravens to feed you there' (1 Kings 17:3-4 NKJV). And that worked well for a time - until 'the brook dried up, because there had been no rain' (1 Kings 17:7 NKJV). God arranged it that way because He will never permit you to depend on anybody or anything other than Him. He will dry up your 'brook' in order to send you back to your true source - Himself. Here's what God told Elijah next: 'Arise, go to Zarephath...and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to provide for you' (1 Kings 17:9 NKJV). God used unlikely things like ravens, a brook and a poor widow to meet Elijah's needs.

Stop trying to figure God out! Trust the One who 'hangs the earth on nothing' (Job 26:7 NLT) to use whomever, whatever, wherever and whenever to meet your needs.

Soulfood: Heb 9:1 - 11:16, Mark 10:35-52, Ps 97, Pro 12:1-3.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:50am On May 23, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD AND YOUR MONEY 6

Saturday, 23rd May, 2020

'He...gives you power to get wealth.' Deuteronomy 8:18 NKJV

When it comes to God and your money:

(1) When you do what pleases Him, He will bless you. Why? Because your actions prove that doing His will is more important to you than doing your own thing. 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things' (Matthew 25:23 NKJV). But there's another side to the coin. When you knowingly don't do what pleases God, He will stop blessing you. 'Take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away' (Matthew 25:28-29 NKJV).

(2) God will show you how to make more money. He taught Joseph how to prosper in the midst of a worldwide famine, and bless the needy nations around him. And when the fish weren't biting, Jesus showed the disciples where to find a boatload of them. On one occasion, they actually caught a fish with enough money in its mouth to pay their taxes (see Matthew 17:27)! God works through unlikely channels, and He wants you to depend on Him as the source for everything you need. The Bible says, 'Remember the Lord your God: for it is He who gives you power to get wealth' (Deuteronomy 8:18 NKJV). The word 'power' encompasses ideas, strategies, plans, relationships and investments. Yes, God can send you an unexpected cheque in the mail that will solve your problem temporarily, but you should believe Him for a plan that'll solve your problem long term.

Soulfood: Heb 11:17 - 13:25, Mark 11:1-11, Ps 47, Pro 12:4-6.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / Why Some Born-again Ladies Are Finding Difficulties To Get Married / ODO OWA: Birth Place of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder CAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.