Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

The Word For Today - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today (30433 Views)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 / The Word For Today, Tuesday, 29th August, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:26am On Mar 05, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE PATH OF PRESSURE

Thursday, 5th March, 2020

'But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure).' Matthew 7:14 AMPC

If you're at a crossroads in life today, you have two options: (1) Turn right or left. (2) Go forward or back. There's no doubt what way God wants you to go - forward! If you have any doubts about that, read and meditate on these Scriptures: 'Though your beginning was small, yet your latter end would increase abundantly' (Job 8:7 NKJV). 'They go from strength to strength' (Psalm 84:7 NKJV). 'The path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day' (Proverbs 4:18 NKJV). 'Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all' (1 Timothy 4:15 NKJV).

God will give you the grace and strength to go forward and pursue the path ahead, but know this: it's not always an easy path. Jesus said: 'Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it. But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it' (Matthew 7:13-14 AMPC).

Here Jesus was preaching His famous Sermon on the Mount, where He outlined how you're supposed to live as a citizen of His Kingdom. It's the difference between the 'many' and the 'few'. The first group chooses the path of ease, but the second chooses the path of 'pressure', realising that tough as it may be, it forms the character of Christ in us.

Soulfood: Gen 28:1 - 30:24, Matt 20:29-34, Ps 136:1-12, Pro 6:30-31.

Courtesy: GSAF, rhema

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:42am On Mar 06, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DON'T PRAY YOURSELF OUT OF FAITH

Friday, 6th March, 2020

'Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them.' Mark 11:24 NKJV

Charles Haddon Spurgeon, 'The Prince of Preachers', said:

'Believe God until...you can thank him for the answer. If the answer still tarries outwardly, do not pray in such a way that it's evident you're not believing for it. Such a prayer in place of being a help will be a hindrance; and when you are finished praying you'll find that your faith has weakened, or has entirely gone. The urgency that you felt to offer this kind of prayer is clearly from self...It may not be wrong to mention the matter in question to the Lord again, if He is keeping you waiting, but be sure you do it in such a way that it implies faith. Do not pray yourself out of faith. You may tell Him that you're waiting...still believing Him and therefore praise Him for the answer.

There is nothing that so fully clinches faith, as to be so sure of the answer that you can thank God for it. Prayers that pray us out of faith deny both God's promise in His Word, and His whisper "Yes", that he gave us in our hearts. Such prayers are but the expression of the unrest of one's heart, and unrest implies unbelief..."For we which have believed do enter into rest" (Hebrews 4:3 KJV). This prayer that prays ourselves out of faith frequently arises from centring our thoughts on the difficulty rather than on God's promise. Abraham "considered not his own body...he staggered not at the promise of God" (Romans 4:19, 20 KJV). May we watch and pray that we enter not into the temptation of praying ourselves out of faith.'

Soulfood: Gen 30:25 - 31:55, Matt 21:1-11, Ps 136:13-26, Pro 6:32-35.

Credits: GSAF, rhema

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:57am On Mar 07, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOUR 'BENEFITS PACKAGE'

Saturday, 7th March, 2020

'You have said, "What's the use of serving God?"' Malachi 3:14 NLT

In the last book in the Old Testament, the Israelites asked, 'What's the use in serving God' (Malachi 3:14 NLT)? It's a question non-believers and sometimes even believers ask, particularly when times are hard and our faith is sorely tested.

The psalmist gives us the answer: 'Praise the Lord! For all who fear God and trust in Him are blessed beyond expression...happy is the man who delights in doing His commands. His children shall be honoured everywhere, for good men's sons have a special heritage. He himself shall be wealthy, and his good deeds will never be forgotten. When darkness overtakes him, light will come bursting in. He is kind and merciful - and all goes well for the generous man who conducts his business fairly. Such a man will not be overthrown by evil circumstances. God's constant care of him will make a deep impression on all who see it. He does not fear bad news, nor live in dread of what may happen. For he is settled in his mind that Jehovah will take care of him. That is why he is not afraid, but can calmly face his foes. He gives generously to those in need. His deeds will never be forgotten. He shall have influence and honour' (Psalm 112:1-9 TLB).

Notice that the benefits of serving God include happiness, children you can be proud of, success, influence and honour. Note in particular the words: 'He does not fear bad news, nor live in dread of what may happen. For he is settled in his mind that Jehovah will take care of him.' These blessings are all part of your 'benefits package'.

Soulfood: Gen 32-34, Matt 21:12-17, Ps 106:1-23, Pro 7:1-2.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:22am On Mar 08, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SHOW YOUR WIFE YOU LOVE HER 1

Sunday, 8th March, 2020

'Husbands, love your wives.' Ephesians 5:25 NKJV

Why does the Bible say, 'Husbands, love your wives...as Christ...loved the church and gave Himself for her' (Ephesians 5:25 NKJV)? Because your wife needs to know you love her, think about her and include her in your plans, and that you consider her opinions, needs and desires. And if you don't tell her, she won't know it! So let's look at how Jesus loved the church, which began with twelve disciples who were flawed human beings, and learn how you should love your wife.

He loved them unconditionally. Was it always easy? No. But instead of nagging His disciples about what they were or were not, He rejoiced, thinking about what they would become when His grace had worked in their lives. Stop and remember the qualities you saw in your wife that initially attracted you to her. Over the years she may have gained a few pounds, added a few wrinkles, and sometimes seems buried under a mountain of housework. But she's still the same wonderful person you fell in love with. That's easy to forget, so you must constantly remind yourself - and her - of it. When roses are exposed to frost, they wither and die, but given the right amount of sunshine and rain - they flourish.

Describing an ideal wife, Solomon writes, 'Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her' (Proverbs 31:28 NKJV). Why did these children praise their mother? Because they saw their father do it! So if you've been too busy, too self-absorbed or too distracted, change your ways - and tell your wife how much you love her. (And by the way, ladies - that principle works both ways!)

Soulfood: Matt 5:3, Luke 18:9-14, Isa 57:14-21, 2 Sam 7:18-29.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SHOW YOUR WIFE YOU LOVE HER 2

Monday, 9th March, 2020

'He shall...bring happiness to his wife.' Deuteronomy 24:5 NKJV

The Bible says, 'Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her' (Ephesians 5:25 NKJV). And since the disciples were the original church founders, let's look again at how Jesus treated them.

He spent time with them, talking and listening. Old Testament law required: 'When a man has taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war or be charged with any business; he shall be free at home one year, and bring happiness to his wife' (Deuteronomy 24:5 NKJV). Imagine, a whole year of doing nothing but loving and getting to know each other! Why did God plan it that way? Because no battle you'll ever fight, and no business you'll ever be involved in, is more important than building a lasting relationship with your spouse. A leading cause of divorce today is among couples who don't set aside time at the end of the workday to sit down together, free from the TV and telephone, and share their thoughts and feelings.

Do you know what never grows old? Caring, communicating and assuring your spouse that of all the places you could be right now, you'd rather be with them. Many times your wife will share problems with you, but it's not because she wants you to 'fix' them. Truth be told, some of the problems she discussed with you months ago remain unfixed, and she's okay with that! What she's looking for is empathy, understanding and support. When you listen attentively to her concerns, she feels loved and valued, and nine times out of ten, the problem fades into obscurity. It's a big return - on a small investment!

Soulfood: Gen 35-36, Matt 21:18-32, Ps 106:24-48, Pro 7:3-5.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:03am On Mar 10, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SHOW YOUR WIFE YOU LOVE HER 3

Tuesday, 10th March, 2020

'Rejoice with the wife of your youth.' Proverbs 5:18 NKJV

The Bible says, 'Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ...loved the church' (Ephesians 5:25 NKJV), so let's take another look at how Christ loved the founders of the church, His twelve disciples.

He recognised their gifts. He rejoiced in their successes. He supported and encouraged them to grow to their full potential. Are you willing to do that? When you truly love someone, you won't try to hold them back or seek to control them because of your insecurities. You'll recognise their gifting, help them become everything God called them to be, release them, and celebrate their successes. And should their light shine brighter than yours, become their biggest cheerleader. If this wasn't modelled in your family of origin, chances are, you'll have to work at it. And if you had an unfaithful partner in a previous relationship, you may need to ask God to heal your heart and give you a new level of trust. Building this kind of relationship calls for a level of humility and honesty you're probably not used to. It may require overcoming your male ego, admitting your fears, and saying to your wife, 'I love you and I really want to trust you. Will you please help me?' Until you get through this stage and feel more secure about your relationship, a marriage partner who truly loves you will go the extra mile when it comes to telling you where they've been and who they spent time with during the day.

The truth is, sometimes you have to fight for your marriage - but it's worth it, because in the end, you both win!

Soulfood: Gen 37-39, Matt 21:33-46, Ps 112, Pro 7:6-9.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SHOW YOUR WIFE YOU LOVE HER 4

Wednesday, 11th March, 2020

'He loved them to the very end.' John 13:1 NLT

Let's look again at how Jesus loved His disciples and how you should love your wife.

He never stopped loving them. The Bible tells us that Jesus 'had loved His disciples during His ministry on earth...and now He loved them to the very end' (John 13:1 NLT). Do you remember the marriage vows you took? 'For better, for worse...for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death us do part'?

If the magic has left your marriage and you feel like you've fallen out of love with your mate, pray: 'Father, my love for my spouse is at an all-time low. I know your Word says unfailing love is patient, kind, humble, not rude, not self-seeking, not easily angered, and keeps no record of wrongs (see 1 Corinthians 13:4-5). I confess that I've kept records of offences and had little patience with my mate's shortcomings. Forgive me for my spiritual immaturity. I ask you to permeate my heart and love my spouse through me. Help me to let go of resentment and make our marriage a model of how you loved the church and gave yourself for it. Work in us, Lord, both to will and to do your good pleasure (see Philippians 2:13). Heal and restore our relationship for your glory. Guide us as we follow the pattern established in your Word for regenerating and restoring lost love: remembering the things we used to do together, repenting of our failings, and rekindling the fire of love we had in the beginning (see Revelation 2:5). Only You can change a person's heart, and I submit my heart and emotions to You now. "Restore me, and I will return, for You are the Lord my God" (Jeremiah 31:18 NKJV). In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.'

Soulfood: Gen 40-41, Matt 22:1-14, Ps 27, Pro 7:10-20.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:30am On Mar 13, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

NEVER COMPROMISE YOUR CHARACTER

Thursday, 12th March, 2020

'Buy the truth, and do not sell it.' Proverbs 23:23 NKJV

In the early 1970s, the Iraqi government arrested a group of American students on trumped-up espionage charges. In order to elicit admissions of guilt, they tortured them. They were told that if they confessed they were spies, they would go free. In other words: 'Compromise the truth - admit to a lie.' One by one, as the pressures and the pain mounted, they all confessed to crimes they had not committed - except for one student. The torture intensified and the loneliness of isolation became unbearable, and he came close to breaking. But he didn't. Finally they announced that they were finished with his case, and that he could simply confess or die. A confession lay before him as they raised a pistol to his head, cocked the hammer and started the countdown. He had heard executions from his cell and knew what his captors were capable of. 'Sign your name,' he was told, 'and you will live,' but he refused. He closed his eyes, grimaced and prepared to die. They pulled the trigger. When he heard the click, he thought he was dead. The gun, however, had not been loaded. The student was eventually released, but he discovered afterward that every other prisoner who had confessed was hanged in the public square. He was the only survivor. That day he learned a valuable lesson about facing tough times: compromise represents a far greater risk than courage.

So the threefold word for you today is: (1) It is always right to do right. (2) It is never wrong to do right. (3) It is never right to do wrong.

Soulfood: Gen 42-43, Matt 22:15-22, Ps 135, Pro 7:21-23.

Credits: GSAF, RHEMA

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:50am On Mar 13, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LIFT THE LIMITATIONS ON YOURSELF

Friday, 13th March, 2020

'You shall expand to the right and to the left.' Isaiah 54:3 NKJV

Today God may be saying to you what He said to His people Israel: 'Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; do not spare; lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left' (Isaiah 54:2-3 NKJV). Most people automatically stay within lines, even if those lines have been arbitrarily drawn or are terribly out of date.

Remember, most limitations we face are not imposed on us by others; we place them on ourselves. Lack of creativity often falls into that category. If you want to become more creative, challenge your boundaries. One inventor said, 'All human development, no matter what form it takes, must be outside the rules; otherwise, we would never have anything new.' When you want something you don't have, you must be willing to do something you haven't done yet. You say, 'But I don't have his education,' or 'I don't have her talent.' You don't need someone else's talent or education.

When God made you, He deposited within you everything required to fulfil your destiny; you just need to unlock it and put it to work. 'Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness"...Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over...every living thing that moves on earth"' (Genesis 1:26-28 NKJV). Note the word 'likeness'. There's a part of you that's like God. You have divine DNA. You're capable of being creative, so lift the limitations on yourself.

Soulfood: Gen 44-46, Matt 22:23-33, Ps 24, Pro 7:24-25.

Courtesy: GSAF, RHEMA

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:36am On Mar 14, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

TOXINS IN THE WORKPLACE

Saturday, 14th March, 2020

'Come out from among them and be separate.' 2 Corinthians 6:17 NKJV

Stop and think about the products we once considered not only to be harmless, but actually beneficial: asbestos, lead, mercury, etc. A generation later we are still treating sick workers who installed asbestos and breathed in its toxic fibres. With that illustration in mind, beware of the toxins in your workplace and don't get infected. The Bible says, '"Come out from among them and be separate," says the Lord. "Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you"' (2 Corinthians 6:17 NKJV). Now, God is not telling you to separate yourself from your co-workers. And He's most certainly not telling you to adopt a spiritually superior attitude. He's telling you to watch out for toxic attitudes, behaviours and values.

What are the toxins in your workplace? The obvious ones are complainers, gossipers, backbiters and harassers. When these agents come your way, do whatever you can to distance yourself from them. Being associated with them can be dangerous to your emotional health and spiritual health. And beware of the toxin of workaholism, whether it is the expectation from your boss or self-induced. Be willing to go the extra mile when required, but maintain clear boundaries between your work life and home life. Learn to separate business from pleasure. If you don't allow yourself time for physical rejuvenation and spiritual restoration, you'll burn out. As a result, Satan will be able to trip you up.

The most effective antidote to toxins is good nutrition. And spiritually speaking, that calls for daily prayer, Bible reading and fellowshipping with believers who strengthen and encourage you.

Soulfood: Gen 47-49, Matt 22:34-46, Ps 26, Pro 7:26-27.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WHAT'S WEIGHING YOU DOWN

Sunday, 15th March, 2020

'Let us lay aside every weight...and let us run.' Hebrews 12:1 NKJV

In one of his radio broadcasts, Dennis Rainey talked about Double Eagle II, the first hot air balloon to cross the Atlantic Ocean. The men piloting the magnificent craft caught an air corridor that carried them all the way across the Atlantic. But when they were just off the coast of Ireland, they flew into heavy cloud cover and ice began to form on the balloon's outer shell. They lost altitude, dropping from twenty thousand to ten thousand feet in a matter of hours. They did everything they could to save the balloon. They threw out video cameras, food rations, and even a glider with which they had planned to land. At about four thousand feet they transmitted their location and then threw the radio overboard. Finally, at three thousand feet they broke through into sunlight. The ice came off in sheets, and the great balloon soared all the way into France.

The Bible says that in order to run and win your life's race, you must 'lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares' (Hebrews 12:1 NKJV). And it's a lot easier to identify the sin you need to drop than the weight you need to drop. Why? Because often the weight is legitimate, and includes responsibilities, pressures, obligations, schedules and entanglements.

Today you need to stop and take an inventory of what you're carrying. You need to face each thing squarely and ask yourself, 'Did God give me this to carry, did someone else give it to me, or did I decide on my own to pick it up?' Whatever is weighing you down today - lay it aside!

Soulfood: Matt 5:4, Isa 51:1-16, Ps 30, 2 Cor 1:3-7.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:02am On Mar 16, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THIS IS NO SMALL MATTER

Monday, 16th March, 2020

'And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him.' Isaiah 11:2 NLT

Isaiah said of Jesus: 'Out of the stump of David's family will grow a shoot - yes, a new branch bearing fruit from the old root. And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him - the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. He will delight in obeying the Lord. He will not judge by appearance nor make a decision based on hearsay. He will give justice to the poor and make fair decisions for the exploited. The earth will shake at the force of His word' (Isaiah 11:1-4 NLT). You may ask, 'How does it influence my life?' More than you may think! When Jesus Christ sits on the throne as ruler of your life, the Spirit that rested on Him will rest upon you too! With that in mind, go back and reread the words in italics slowly and thoughtfully. If you see evidence of them in your life, nurture them with prayer and water them with the Word of God. And if you don't see any evidence, get down on your knees and pray, 'Father, make me more like Jesus.'

Before you buy a car, the salesperson usually lets you test-drive a demo. Chances are if you like it, you will buy the car. We are each called to be a 'demo' for Jesus. This is no small matter! Why? Because in the final analysis, your words, attitudes, actions and reactions either drive people away from Christ or attract them to Him.

Soulfood: Gen 50, Haggai 1-2, Matt 23:1-12, Ps 115

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:09am On Mar 18, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KNOW WHEN TO SAY NOTHING

Wednesday, 18th March, 2020

'The...Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue.' Isaiah 50:4 NIV

Isaiah writes: 'The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed' (Isaiah 50:4 NIV). Let's face it; if you told a person everything you thought, you would hurt them or they would leave you. There are private parts of you. Maturity means you don't have to say everything you think. Indeed, much of what you think hasn't been thoroughly thought through! That's why you need to pray and ask God for 'a well-instructed tongue'.

Read these three Scriptures carefully: 'Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin' (Proverbs 13:3 NIV). 'Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity' (Proverbs 21:23 NIV). 'Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless' (James 1:26 NIV). There are two occasions in particular when your tongue can get you into trouble: (1) When you're angry. Emotional outbursts usually result in harmful comments you don't mean and will regret later. (2) When you're tired. Exhaustion lowers your guard, and at such times thoughtless comments can slip out. Always wait until your judgment is clear and you can think things out before you speak.

Paul said, 'Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone' (Colossians 4:6 NIV). What does salt do? It flavours, preserves, cleanses, and heals. And that's how your words should be.

Soulfood: Job 1-4, Matt 23:23-39, Ps 19, Pro 8:6-7.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

ASK WHY BEFORE HOW

Thursday, 19th March, 2020

'They speak a vision of their own heart.' Jeremiah 23:16 NKJV

Eugene G. Grace, president of Bethlehem Steel Corporation from 1916 to 1945 said: 'Thousands of engineers can design bridges, calculate strains and stresses, and draw up specifications for machines. But a great engineer is the man who can tell you whether the bridge or the machine should be built at all, where it should be built, and when.' Asking why before how forces you to think about your core motivations and the source of your vision.

There is much talk these days about 'purpose'. And that's a good thing, because a life of purpose is more rewarding than a life of popularity or power. But your purpose must come from God. 'Thus says the Lord of hosts: "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They make you worthless; they speak a vision of their own heart, not from the mouth of the Lord"' (Jeremiah 23:16 NKJV). When God is the source of your vision, He will resource it. That's why the most important question you can ask is not, 'What's the best way to do this?' but, 'Why am I doing it at all?'

Ultimately God will make the final ruling on what you have given your life for. 'Each one's work will become clear; for the day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is. If anyone's work...endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss' (1 Corinthians 3:13-15 NKJV). Poet C.T. Studd wrote: 'Only one life, 'will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last.'

Soulfood: Job 5-7, Matt 24:1-14, Ps 116:1-11, Pro 8:8-9.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

'PERFECT PEACE'

Friday, 20th March, 2020

'Whose thoughts are fixed on You!' Isaiah 26:3 NLT

The secret to 'perfect peace' lies in this Scripture: 'You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You' (Isaiah 26:3 NLT)! It's not your circumstances, but how you think about them that robs you of peace. Focusing on your circumstances just causes more anxiety, because circumstances constantly change and often spin out of your control. However, God never changes, and nothing ever spins out of His control.

Peace and worry are mutually exclusive. Worry throttles your confidence, chokes your perspective and suffocates your spirit. It robs you of the peace that comes from knowing the God who can handle anything, and through whom all things are possible. The reason we worry so much is because we engage in exactly the opposite behaviour to that which brings peace. Worry is like a 'no-confidence' vote in God. You may not intend it that way, but every time you give in to worry, in essence, you're saying: 'I don't believe God can or will handle this for me. I'm not sure I can trust Him in this matter, so I'll just have to carry this burden and take care of the problem myself.' God is either the object of your trust or just a part-time helper you call on when you can't handle things on your own.

It's reminiscent of the elephant and the mouse that walked over a bridge. When they got to the other side, the mouse said, 'Man, we really shook that bridge!' When you begin to see God as playing the major role and you the minor one, you'll begin to find the peace which has eluded you for so long.

Soulfood: Job 8-10, Matt 24:15-25, Ps 116:12-19, Pro 8:10-13.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:55am On Mar 21, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

POWER IN GOD'S WORD

Saturday, 21st March, 2020

'All Scripture is God-breathed.' 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV

As you read this devotional, always remember that the power doesn't lie in the writer's thoughts or comments, but in the written Word of God. Paul tells us, 'All Scripture is God-breathed' (2 Timothy 3:16 NIV). It's impregnated with divine seeds of life, and those seeds will spring to life within you, producing the fruit of the Spirit, and 'delivering on' the promises of God.

View this devotional as a gateway rather than a goal. See it as the little book that whets your appetite for the 'Big Book'! When you read each day's devotion, have your Bible beside you and turn to the Scriptures that are referenced. As you deposit the Word of God within you every day, wonderful things will begin to happen in your life. The psalmist writes: 'Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do' (Psalm 1:1-3 NLT). Note the words 'they prosper in all they do'. As you renew your mind with Scripture, your faith will grow, your outlook will be altered, and every area of your life will start to change for the better.

'All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work' (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV).

Soulfood: Job 11-14, Matt 24:26-35, Ps 13, Pro 8:14-16.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOUR CHILDREN WATCH YOU

Sunday, 22nd March, 2020

'Be kind and compassionate...forgiving each other...as in Christ God forgave you.' Ephesians 4:32 NIV

Here's a story every parent needs to read: 'One day my husband and I got into an argument and ended up yelling at each other. I retreated to the porch and sat with my head in my hands, crying. Our two-year-old overheard the argument. "I love you, Mum," she said, as she sat beside me and put her arms around me. "I love you, too," I said. She rested her head on my shoulder, hugging me hard. "I wish you could love my daddy too," she said. Talk about ripping your heart out! "But I do love your daddy. We just had a disagreement." At that, my daughter smiled, got up, and walked away. "Where are you going?" I asked her. She replied, "I'm going to tell Daddy you love him!"'

If you expose your children to your anger, make sure that they're around when you extend grace and forgiveness to each other. Teach them how to deal with the issue, without attacking the person. Let them know that a difference of opinions can lead to a decision that makes things better for everyone and that you can be wrong on an issue and still be respected and loved. Often that means teaching them what you yourself were never taught. If that's the case, learn from the mistakes your parents made and pass that knowledge on to your children. Forgive when you're hurt, and don't take your resentments to bed (see Ephesians 4:26). Jesus said you must forgive 'so that your Father in Heaven may forgive you' (Mark 11:25 NIV).

Remember, parent, your children watch you!

Soulfood: Matt 5:5, Num 12:1-15, Ps 37:1-11, Phil 2:5-11.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:10am On Mar 23, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

MADE RIGHTEOUS BY FAITH 1

Monday, 23rd March, 2020

'He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.' 2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV

Here's an amazing and life-changing truth. The God who made His sinless Son to 'be sin' takes unrighteous people like us and makes them 'righteous'. How does it happen? By works? No, by faith! 'People are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners' (Romans 4:5 NLT).

This righteousness isn't about behaving the right way - it's about believing the right way. You can't become righteous in God's eyes through human effort or keeping the law. You become righteous only through faith in Christ, and trusting in His finished work on the cross. You say, 'But I feel so guilty when I sin.' And you should; it's a good deterrent! But Christ took away all your sins; therefore He took away all your guilt. So what are you feeling? Inner conflict! Your regenerated spirit lives in your unregenerated body, and it reacts the same way your natural body reacts to something harmful. Sin feels foreign to the new you, and when you indulge in it, the pleasure is brief and the aftermath is bad. In essence, your spiritual boundaries have been violated, and your regenerated spirit is telling you that you can't indulge in sin anymore. The old you could have indulged in sin and enjoyed it, but the new you can't, because you are 'a new creation in Christ' (see 2 Corinthians 5:17).

So rejoice! Today God sees you as 'righteous', therefore you can approach Him at any time with complete confidence (see Ephesians 3:12).

Soulfood: Job 15-17, Matt 24:36-51, Ps 55:1-11, Pro 8:17-18.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:25am On Mar 24, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

MADE RIGHTEOUS BY FAITH 2

Tuesday, 24th March, 2020

'Their faith is credited as righteousness.' Romans 4:5 NIV

There are two ways people think they can become 'righteous'. The first is through trying, and the second is through trusting. When you try to earn God's approval by your performance, you can never rest because you can never really be sure you've done enough to please Him. But when you place your trust in Christ's finished work on the cross, the Bible says you enter into God's 'rest' (see Hebrews 4:3).

Paul writes, 'If anyone is in Christ, the new creation (something that didn't exist before) has come: The old (appetites and actions) has gone, the new (appetites and actions) is here' (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)! You don't have to struggle to be seen as righteous in God's eyes. The moment you placed your trust in Jesus, God made you 'the righteousness of God [in Christ]' (2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV). Why did He do it that way? Because any righteousness you could achieve through good works and keeping rules falls so far short of what He requires that He sees it as 'filthy rags' (see Isaiah 64:6). So God credited His righteousness to you (see 2 Corinthians 5:18). Paul writes: 'David also spoke of this when he described the happiness of those who are declared righteous without working for it: "Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight...whose record the Lord has cleared of sin"' (Romans 4:6-8 NLT). Hymnist Edward Mote wrote these words: 'Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne. On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand.'

Rejoice! That's how God sees you - made righteous by faith!

Soulfood: Job 18-20, Matt 25:1-13, Ps 55:12-23, Pro 8:19-21.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:50am On Mar 25, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DON'T GO THERE

Wednesday, 25th March, 2020

'Sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.' James 1:15 NKJV

When God says no to sin, He's not being demanding - He's being protective. The Bible explains the dangers and subtleties of sin this way: 'Each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren' (James 1:14-16 NKJV).

Today some people are advocating the idea of legalising certain drugs, such as marijuana, for recreational use. But the idea has already been tried, and it failed disastrously. In the late 1980s, the Swiss set aside city property in Zurich, where addicts could legally shoot up and where free needles were provided, hoping to slow the spread of AIDS. The area of Platzspitz became known as 'Needle Park'. So how did the experiment work out? Almost overnight the number of drug users visiting the park soared from 200 to 20,000. Ten thousand 'consumption events' occurred per day, as users from all over Switzerland came to get in on the fun. They soon outnumbered the local population. The death rate went through the roof, as health officials sought to resuscitate as many as fifty overdose cases per day. And the crime rate, instead of decreasing, went through the roof too. City officials finally called off the experiment and closed the park. Almost immediately the crime rate dropped to its former levels, and the programme ended in total failure.

When God says to you, 'Don't go there,' it's because He loves you and wants only the best for you. So be wise, listen to Him and don't go there!

Soulfood: Job 21-23, Matt 25:14-30, Ps 38:1-12, Pro 8:22-23.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WORK ON YOUR SELFIMAGE

Thursday, 26th March, 2020

'You saw me before I was born.' Psalm 139:16 TLB

Inspirational speaker Iyanla Vanzant said, 'Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We can't...draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth.' That means how we see ourselves determines the kind of relationships we establish. Many of us harbour a low sense of self-esteem. We deem everyone else as being more important than ourselves and think meeting their needs is more important than meeting our own needs. We compare ourselves and allow others to determine who we are, and become dependent on their approval to prop up our identity.

But it's a slap in the face to God to look at another person and say, 'I wish I were like them.' God made you for His own purpose, that you might reflect a unique aspect of His Glory. As believers in Christ, we've been given a new identity as children of God. We weren't created to live dependently on any other person. Rather, God is restoring us to the image of His Son and making us whole (see 2 Corinthians 3:18). In Him we don't ever need to be afraid to be who we really are. It's time to develop a true opinion of yourself based on the truth that God made you exactly, precisely, intricately, wondrously and uniquely you - a one-of-a-kind creation for which there's no comparison.

The psalmist wrote: 'You...scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe...How precious it is, Lord, to realise that You are thinking about me constantly' (Psalm 139:16-18 TLB)!

Soulfood: Job 24-28, Matt 25:31-46, Ps 38:13-22, Pro 8:24-26.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:02am On Mar 27, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS

Friday, 27th March, 2020

'I press towards the goal for the prize.' Philippians 3:14 NKJV

Part of Paul's amazing success was because he was so focused. 'I press towards the goal for the prize of the upward call' (Philippians 3:14 NKJV). Focus can bring energy and power to almost anything, whether spiritual, mental or physical.

Sociologist Robert Lynd observed that 'knowledge is power only if a man knows what facts not to bother about'. The birthing of a potential breakthrough often results from sharing many good ideas. But to take ideas to the next level, you must shift from being expansive in your thinking to being selective. A good idea becomes a great idea when it's given focused time. It's true that focusing on a single idea for a long time can be very frustrating, but your perseverance will pay off. The mind will not focus until it has a goal. But the purpose of your goals is to focus your attention and give you direction, not identify a final destination.

As you think about your goals, make sure that they are: (1) clear enough to be kept in focus; (2) close enough to be achieved; (3) helpful enough to change lives. Paul described his goal as 'the upward call'. When you think only of yourself, you're thinking 'downward', but when you think of others, you're thinking 'upward'. These three guidelines will get you going. And be sure to write down your goals. If they're not written, you can almost be guaranteed that they're not focused enough. And if you really want to make sure they're focused, take the advice of theatrical producer David Belasco, who said, 'If you can't write your idea on the back of my business card, you don't have a clear idea.'

Soulfood: Job 29-31, Matt 26:1-13, Ps 69:1-18, Pro 8:27-29.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:58am On Mar 28, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LIVE BY YOUR CONVICTIONS 1

Saturday, 28th March, 2020

'Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself.' Daniel 1:8 NKJV

The Bible says, 'Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank' (Daniel 1:8 NKJV). This particular food and wine was offered to pagan gods as an act of worship, and for Daniel that was unacceptable. He was being asked to compromise his character, and he wouldn't do it. Daniel had good reasons if he had chosen to say yes. He was far from home and could do as he pleased. Nobody back home would ever know it. Plus, if he didn't eat it, he would be insulting the king - not a good career move!

But, Daniel knew God's Word was clear when it came to idol worship, and God blessed him for it. He ended up being protected, preserved, promoted and prospered in unthinkable ways. His philosophy was: 'When God says yes, I say yes. And when God says no, I say no.' And he had established his convictions before he got to Babylon. Question: have you decided what your core convictions are? Have you spent the good times determining what you will and won't do during the hard times? If not, you need to. Daniel's friends probably told him, 'Nobody will know.' But his thinking was: 'God will know, and so will I. I don't have to live with you, but I've got to live with me.' Your thoughts and ideas must always be open to change and improvement, but your core convictions must be non-negotiable.

So, live by your convictions.

Soulfood: Job 32-34, Matt 26:14-25, Ps 69:19-36, Pro 8:30-31.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LIVE BY YOUR CONVICTIONS 2

Sunday, 29th March, 2020

'My conscience is clear...It is the Lord who judges me.' 1 Corinthians 4:4 NIV

Daniel was forced to decide if he was going to be a conformer or a transformer. What's the difference? Pressure controls a conformer. If you place enough pressure on them, they'll cave. If you put enough pressure on them, they will smoke the first joint, they will take the first drink, they will do what everybody else is doing. But principle governs a transformer. You say, 'Living that way is very demanding.' Yes; and it's very protective. God knows better than we do how to avoid pain, frustration and destruction in our lives. Because He sees the cliff's edge clearer than we do, He places guardrails next to the drop-off. And when we follow His commands, we avoid heartache, pitfalls and the loss of our reputation. Daniel refusing to eat the king's meat was not a matter of his diet, but of his dedication to God.

Now, we're not advocating the idea: 'let conscience be your guide'. Your conscience is not always a good guide. Just because you don't think something's wrong doesn't mean you shouldn't think it's wrong. Your conscience can be damaged and it can be burned. The Bible speaks of 'having [your] conscience seared with a hot iron' (1 Timothy 4:2 NKJV). Paul writes, 'My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me' (1 Corinthians 4:4 NIV).

Nevertheless, the conscience question is the first you should ask when faced with a difficult decision. Rarely do you make a good choice to do something if you know doing so will take your conscience on the dreaded guilt-trip. So, live by your convictions.

Soulfood: Matt 5:6, Isa 55:1-7, Ps 63:1-5, John 4:1-34.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LET GOD COMFORT YOU

Monday, 30th March, 2020

'God is...the source of all comfort.' 2 Corinthians 1:3 NLT

When you lose someone you love, you go through a grieving process. And God will comfort you and walk you through it. Jesus said, 'Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted' (Matthew 5:4 NIV). Grieving is the healthy way to process your emotions, to express your pain and move beyond it. Recovery doesn't happen overnight; it happens in proportion to the size of your loss. Only small losses are healed quickly.

Zig Ziglar says: 'The longest twenty hours of my life were those right after my daughter's death. When making her funeral arrangements, I had to listen to a salesman who was an incessant talker, and who told me thirty times that he wasn't a salesman. Twice I had to leave the room; I simply couldn't handle him. The night before, half asleep and half awake, I kept thinking my daughter was wondering when her daddy was coming to get her. The next morning I took a walk, praying and crying the whole way. When I returned, the Lord spoke to me in such a distinct way: "She's fine. She's with me, and you're going to be fine too. I'm all you need. Keep walking. Keep talking. Keep praying. Keep crying."'

Grief and loss can't be solved, but they are experiences you don't have to go through alone. The best-known Psalm in Scripture says, 'Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me' (Psalm 23:4 NKJV). The sun will shine again. 'Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning' (Psalm 30:5 NKJV). Your joy will return - God promises it!

Soulfood: Job 35-37, Matt 26:26-35, Ps 6, Pro 8:32-33.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:57am On Mar 31, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

STAND UP TO THE ENEMY

Tuesday, 31st March, 2020

'An enemy has done this.' Matthew 13:28 NKJV

The Bible says: 'Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and...when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop...the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' He said to them, 'An enemy has done this'"' (Matthew 13:24-28 NKJV).

We all need a spiritual wake-up call from time to time. Sometimes the problem we are dealing with isn't of human origin. Jesus said, 'While men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.' Yes, it's foolish to blame everything on the devil, but it's even more foolish not to recognise when he is at work. Paul writes: 'Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but...against the powers of this dark world and...spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground' (Ephesians 6:11-13 NIV). He goes on to say, 'Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one' (Ephesians 6:16 NIV).

So the word for you today is: recognise when Satan is at work, stand up to him, and he will flee (see James 4:7)!

Soulfood: Job 38-39, Matt 26:36-46, Ps 31, Pro 8:34-36.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:54am On Apr 01, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

ENCOURAGEMENT FOR TRIALS

Wednesday, 1st April, 2020

'Do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial.' 1 Peter 4:12 NKJV

The Bible tells us: 'Do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy' (1 Peter 4:12-13 NKJV). In The Message, Eugene Peterson paraphrases Peter's words: 'Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner.'

Times of trial feel 'strange', but they are normal and necessary! They are how you grow in grace. They are how God equips and prepares you to do great things in His Kingdom. God never afflicts us, but He most assuredly allows us to go through tests. And these tests measure us, reveal us, strengthen our faith, purify us and cause us to grow spiritually. To quote the apostle Paul: 'All of this has been done for you, so that more and more people will know how kind God is and will praise and honour Him. We never give up. Our bodies are gradually dying, but we ourselves are being made stronger each day. These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal Glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing' (2 Corinthians 4:15-17 CEV).

If you could see the blessing that's waiting for you on the other side of this fiery trial, you'd cancel your pity party and start planning your promotion party.

Soulfood: Job 40-42, Matt 26:47-56, Ps 72:1-11, Pro 9:1-6.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:00am On Apr 02, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HAVING THE OVERCOMING ATTITUDE

Thursday, 2nd April, 2020

'There is wonderful joy ahead.' 1 Peter 1:6 NLT

In 1962, in a classic study called Cradles of Eminence, Victor and Mildred Goertzel investigated the family backgrounds of more than 400 highly successful people. They sought to identify the early experiences that may have contributed to their remarkable achievements in life. They included people like Einstein and many others who are famous and admired. Their backgrounds proved to be very interesting. Three-quarters of them came from troubled childhoods, enduring poverty, broken homes or parental abuse. One-quarter of them had physical disabilities. Most of those who became well-known writers or playwrights watched their parents embroiled in one crisis after another.

Here's what the researchers concluded: The need to compensate for disadvantages was a major factor in their drive towards personal achievement. These people had one thing in common - the overcoming attitude: 'This is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith' (1 John 5:4 NKJV). When you have faith in God and yourself, you can end up doing things that astound you. The problem that seems so formidable today can become the very thing that launches you into greatness tomorrow.

The Bible puts it this way: 'There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold...So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honour' (1 Peter 1:6-7 NLT).

Soulfood: Est 1-4, Matt 26:57-64, Ps 72:12-20, Pro 9:7-9.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:22am On Apr 03, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

READ THE FINE PRINT

Friday, 3rd April, 2020

'Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?' Amos 3:3 NKJV

When it comes to forming relationships, read the fine print. Somewhere in the fine print of meeting, dating and interacting with someone, it warned you, albeit ever-so-slightly, that they were going to be a certain way. The red flags were always there, even though they started out as a lovely shade of pink. You saw how quickly he got angry. You knew she was always late when you picked her up. He invariably went into a panic checking every line item on the restaurant bill. She never failed to flirt with the waiter - and anyone else who looked her way. You noticed, but you didn't listen to the little voice inside of you.

Poet Maya Angelou said, 'When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time!' Before you order something, read the fine print to make sure you can afford the payments. Maybe the fine print became obvious when you saw how he interacted with his family - or didn't! Maybe it was in the way his eyes lingered on every woman who walked by. Or in the phone calls she took out of earshot when you were around. Chances are you saw it, but you didn't pay attention. You overlooked the temper tantrums, the possessiveness, the jealousy and lack of integrity, thinking you could change them, or that they'd change for you. Now you know better.

There's a reason the Bible asks, 'Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?' Yes, the God who gives 'beauty for ashes' can change your partner's heart (see Isaiah 61:3). But if you're dating or considering a long-term relationship, pray about it and read the fine print.

Soulfood: Est 5-10, Matt 26:65-75, Ps 18:1-29, Pro 26:24-27.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:09am On Apr 04, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HELP FOR UNFAITHFULNESS

Saturday, 4th April, 2020

'I am like a broken vessel.' Psalm 31:12 NKJV

When your spouse breaks your marriage vows, it can break your heart. And after the initial shock wears off, your driving desire can be to hurt them in return. So what should you do instead? (1) Take time to process your emotions. A quick, 'I forgive you', or just sweeping things under the rug, will sabotage any hope of rebuilding a strong relationship. (2) If your spouse is a habitual betrayer who wants to live as he or she pleases, God's Word gives you the right to be set free from them. But don't move too quickly. Ask yourself if work and family pressures may have caused you to neglect each other. Did you inadvertently open a door for the enemy?

These are hard questions - but they must be answered, because the decision you make is one you will live with for the rest of your life. You may not believe it right now, but God can make a good marriage out of a bad mess. Yes, it will take time - trust can only be rebuilt slowly. And that means: (a) Learning to be sensitive to one another. (b) Acknowledging that your spouse may need detailed accountability, and you may have to go the extra mile to rebuild the trust that was lost. But it can happen.

'The righteous cry out...the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit' (Psalm 34:17-18 NKJV). God can turn your situation around. If you'll work with Him - He'll work with you.

Soulfood: 2 Thes 1-3, Matt 27:1-10, Ps 32, Pro 9:10-16.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:18am On Apr 06, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

REMOVE THE LABEL OF 'IMPOSSIBLE'

Sunday, 5th April, 2020

'With men it is impossible, but not with God.' Mark 10:27 NKJV

When you label something as being 'impossible', three things happen: (1) By giving in to the fear of failure, you kill your own faith and motivation. (2) You risk settling for less than God wants you to have. (3) By excluding God from the equation, you cut yourself off from the greatest power in the universe.

When oil prices went through the roof in the 1970s, car manufacturers were ordered to build more fuel-efficient cars. One manufacturer asked a group of senior engineers to drastically reduce the weight of the cars they were designing. They worked on the problem and searched for solutions, but they finally concluded that making lighter cars couldn't be done, would be too expensive, and would present too many safety concerns. What was the car manufacturers' solution? They gave the problem to a group of less experienced engineers, and the new group found ways to reduce the weight of the companies' cars by hundreds of pounds. Why? Because they believed solving the problem was possible - and it was.

Every time you remove the label of 'impossible' from a task and include God in it, you raise your potential from 'average' to 'off-the-charts'. George Bernard Shaw said, 'Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not?"' Jesus said, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible' (Mark 10:27 NKJV). In the natural world, you may not be able to accomplish it. But when you step into the realm of the supernatural, God adds His 'super' to your 'natural', and what seems impossible becomes possible.

Soulfood: Matt 21:1-16, Ps 118:19-29.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
THE WORD FOR TODAY

A WORD FOR SINGLE PARENTS

Monday, 6th April, 2020

'He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother.' Psalm 113:9 NLT

Imagine the agony a single parent goes through when they are required by a court order to send their child for an extended visit with the other parent. Yes, it's necessary and it's fair, but it can be painful. One single mum described her feelings this way: 'I feel an incredible sense of loss. The loneliness immediately starts to set in, I worry constantly about their safety, but I resist the urge to call every hour to see how they're doing. And when they do call me to tell me how much fun they're having, I grieve over the fact that they're having a life completely separate from my own. My only consolation is knowing that they're coming home soon. But I'm haunted by the fear that they won't want to come home to me.'

For the single parent who identifies with this hurting mother, there's a way to get through the painful days of waiting. Instead of seeing this time alone as a period of isolation and deprivation, view it as an opportunity to recharge your batteries and reinvigorate your spirit. Spend time with friends. Read your Bible and pray. Return to a hobby you've set aside. Fill your day with things that are impossible amid the responsibility of childcare, recognising that your children will benefit when you do. They'll return to a re-energised you, instead of one coming off weeks of depression.

God says, 'My grace is all you need' (2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT). Today draw on His grace.

Soulfood: Lev 1-4, Matt 27:11-26, Ps 25:1-7, Pro 9:17.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

When A Guy Promised You Marriage Just Because Of Sex / GODWIN; Gospel Or Secular??? / Why I Cancelled Crossover Service — Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.