Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,578 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

The Word For Today - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today (30408 Views)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 / The Word For Today, Tuesday, 29th August, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HOW TO PRAY FOR OTHERS

Sunday, 17th December, 2017

'May God... give you grace, mercy, and peace.' 1 Timothy 1:2 NLT

Let's face it; much of the time we don't know what problems people are dealing with or what they're going through.

So when you decide to pray for them, follow Paul's example, in which he asked God to give Timothy these three things: (1) Grace. In the Bible, the word grace implies two things: first, God's unmerited favour; second, 'all of God's ability you'll ever need to handle whatever you are facing.' Here's a great Bible promise you should stand on in times of difficulty: 'God, who gives all grace, will make everything right. He will make you strong... support you and keep you from falling' (1 Peter 5:10 NCV). (2) Mercy. A large publishing house had a machine that automatically mailed reminders to its readers when their subscriptions had expired. One day it malfunctioned and a rancher in a remote Colorado town received 9,734 notices. So he drove for kilometres to the nearest post office, posted his cheque, and wrote, 'Send me the magazine. I give up!' That's how it is with God; he keeps sending us notices. 'Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness' (Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV). (3) Peace. The peace God gives can sustain us through the worst of circumstances. And it's different from the peace the world offers. At best, the world offers temporary relief. But 'the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds' (Philippians 4:7 NIV).

So when you're not sure how to pray for someone, ask God to give them his grace, his mercy, and his peace.

Soulfood: Lev 27:30-33, Num 31:48-54, 1 Cor 16:1-3, 1 Cor 16:1-3

Courtesy: Grace So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:30am On Dec 23, 2017
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PEOPLE BUILDING 3

Saturday, 23rd December, 2017

'We... ought to bear with the failings of the weak.' Romans 15:1 NIV

If you think you've nothing of real value to offer others, consider the words of an unknown poet: 'One song can spark a moment; one flower can wake a dream. One tree can start a forest; one bird can herald spring. One smile begins a friendship; one handclasp lifts a soul. One star can guide a ship at sea; one word can frame the goal. One vote can change a nation; one sunbeam lights a room. One candle wipes out darkness; one laugh can conquer gloom. One step can start a journey; one word can start a prayer. One hope can raise our spirits; one touch can show you care. One voice can speak with wisdom; one heart can know what's true. One life can make a difference; you see... it's up to you.'

Author Jon Walker says: 'Encouragement is part of God's nature. The New Testament word for encouragement is the same word Jesus used for the Holy Spirit who comes alongside us as an advocate... constant comforter... resident reminder... holy helper... indwelling guide... supplier of courage. Another way God encourages us is when other believers come alongside us as agents of encouragement. Encouragers offer affirmation and confirmation to those who see God's hand working in their lives (see 1 Thessalonians 2:3-4); exhortation and reassurance to those who walk through trials and tribulations (see 1 Thessalonians 5:14); and reconciliation and restoration to those who stray (see Galatians 6:1). While there are many ways to bring out the best in others, in reality it only takes one: a willingness to "bear with the failings of the weak and not... please ourselves" (Romans 15:1 NIV). That's how we strengthen them in the faith. It's called "people-building."'

Soulfood: Job 21-23, Luke 1:67-80, Ps 117

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2017
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD'S LEADINGS

Tuesday, 26th December, 2017

'We walk by faith, not by sight.' 2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV

Good leaders will tell you there are times when they're not sure; when they don't know all they'd like to know. And if they're really frank they'll admit, 'I'm glad the people I'm supposed to lead don't know how much I don't know!'

Whether you're a leader or a follower, the Bible says, 'We walk by faith, not by sight' (2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV). But let's be honest; sometimes we know what God wants us to do but we don't like it. So we pray, hoping he'll change his mind and rubber-stamp what we want. But it's not going to happen. God can't bless you beyond your last act of disobedience. In the book of Hebrews we read, 'By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going' (Hebrews 11:8 NIV).

When you follow God, most times you'll go out not knowing as much as you'd like to. Counsellors, study groups, success manuals, committees, business plans and projections can help you. But there comes a time when you have to leave your comfort zone and move in the direction God is pointing. Will you have answers to all your questions and clarity about all your concerns? No. Just like your car's headlights don't shine round the next corner, God will give you instructions on a 'need-to-know basis'. And it's the only way to live! It keeps you dependent on him, helps you to remember who's in charge and who deserves credit for your successes. And by the way, God's leadings take a lifetime to learn, so don't get discouraged.

Soulfood: Job 24-28, Luke 2:21-33, Ps 97

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2017
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SAY YES TO GOD

Wednesday, 27th December, 2017

'Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."' Isaiah 6:8 NKJV

William Carey is referred to as 'the father of modern missions'. But the number of his accomplishments in India was almost equalled by the number of obstacles he overcame just to get there. He was told by a group of ministers, 'If God wants to save the heathen, young man, he will do it without your help or ours.' Carey was not a career missionary. He was a young Englishman in poor health with a pregnant wife and small children. He was just like the rest of us - trying to make ends meet and keep life together. But he had something else, a burning question he could not escape: 'Who will reach the lost in India if I don't go?' Looking back later, Carey realised that the challenges he overcame at home were what qualified him to succeed in his God-given assignment abroad.

The same thing happened to Isaiah the prophet: 'I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." And he said, "Go, and tell this people"' (Isaiah 6:8-9 NKJV). But before Isaiah was qualified to go, he needed a life-changing encounter with God. 'Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin is purged"' (Isaiah 6:6-7 NKJV).

Do you sense God preparing you and getting ready to send you? If so, say yes.

Soulfood: Job 29-31, Luke 2:34-40, Ps 139:1-12, Ecc 10:20-11:3

Credit: Grace So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2017
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PROTECTED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Friday, 29th December, 2017

'They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.' Revelation 12:11 NKJV

Irene Park became a committed Christian. Her story is remarkable. She said she was once a high witch in the state of Florida, seducing boys and girls into occult activities. She stated that the children she could never reach were those whose parents protected them by praying over them in the name of Jesus, standing on the merits of Christ's atoning blood. Today the occult has made its way into some of our public school systems under the guise of 'pluralism' and 'free speech'. If you're a parent, you should be concerned! It's wise to give your child a mobile phone or pager so they can contact you in emergencies. But the most powerful defence you can give them is praying over them in the name of Jesus and standing on the merits of his shed blood.

Jesus defeated Satan at the cross. And today he's saying to you, 'My victory is your victory, and my authority is your authority - use it!' You must acknowledge the existence of the devil, but you must not be afraid of him because 'he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world' (1 John 4:4 NKJV). To deny the existence of Satan or underestimate his power gives him the advantage over you. But God has given you the key to overcoming Satan's power in your life: 'And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony' (Revelation 12:11 NKJV).

Start declaring what the blood of Jesus has done on your behalf. When you do, you'll begin to walk in victory.

Soulfood: Job 35-37, Luke 3:1-10, Ps 116, Ecc 11:7-10

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:28am On Dec 30, 2017
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE OPEN-DOOR POLICY

Saturday, 30th December, 2017

'We could only conclude that God was [calling] us.' Acts 16:10 TLB

The Bible says, 'Next Paul and Silas travelled through the area of Phrygia and Galatia, because the Holy Spirit had prevented them from preaching the word in the province of Asia at that time. Then coming to the borders of Mysia, they headed north for the province of Bithynia, but again the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them to go there. So instead, they went on through Mysia to the seaport of Troas. That night Paul had a vision: A man from Macedonia in northern Greece was standing there, pleading with him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us!" So we decided to leave for Macedonia at once, having concluded that God was calling us to preach the Good News there' (Acts 16:6-10 NLT).

God has an 'open-door policy'. When he opens a door, you're supposed to walk through it. Note, however, that when God kept Paul from going into Asia, he didn't hang around asking, 'Why, Lord?' He kept moving. For Paul, trying something and having it not work out was no big deal. He believed that his gift to God was his willing heart and his mobility, and God's gift to him was that he'd always guide him to where he needed to be. What God prevents is as much divine guidance as what he permits. Every door that didn't open, every opportunity you didn't get, and every call that didn't come were as much God's leadings as those that did.

So, knowing you can't stay where you are right now may be the starting point for God's leadings in your life. And such leadings often begin with a stirring and restlessness in your soul.

Soulfood: Job 38-39, Luke 3:11-20, Ps 27, Ecc 12:13-14

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
THE WORD FOR TODAY

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Sunday 31st December, 2017

'Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.' Philippians 3:13 NKJV

Be honest: how many of last year's resolutions did you keep? They say, 'Procrastination is the thief of time.' We keep promising ourselves we'll do better. But 'resolutions' only happen when you're 'resolute'. That means having a mind that's made up.

So here are four resolutions you need to make up your mind to keep this year: (1) Take time for what really matters. Get up earlier in order to read your Bible and pray before entering the day. Make more time for your family. Start exercising and eating right. Take better care of your body; it's God's temple (see 1 Corinthians 6:19). (2) Tackle one thing at a time. Taking on too many things at once dilutes your focus and makes it harder to stick with things. When you start too much, you finish too little. So start where you are and build on your successes by mastering and maintaining one thing at a time.

(3) Start small. Don't try to swallow the whole enchilada in one bite; baby steps are the name of the game. Talk in terms of what you will do instead of what you won't. For example, instead of saying, 'I'm not going to be so critical,' try saying, 'Today I'm going to look for something good in everyone I meet' (see Philippians 4:cool. (4) Record your progress or lack of it. You can't manage what you can't measure. By facing the truth you'll see how far you've come, and what you still need to work on. The Bible says, 'Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress' (1 Timothy 4:15 NLT).

Soulfood: Job 40-42, Luke 3:21-38, Ps 119:97-104, Pr 9:10-12

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THIS YEAR GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE 2

Tuesday, 2nd January, 2018

'Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid...[of] them!' Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT

Incredible though it may seem, when Israel encountered difficulties in the wilderness, they wanted to return to their old life of slavery in Egypt. The security of the known was less threatening to them than the challenges of the unknown. So the Lord said to them, not once, but twice, 'Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid...[of] them... the Lord your God will...go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor [forsake] you' (Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT). Why did he say that? Because it's in taking action that you overcome your fear! When you challenge your fears, you master them. When you wrestle with your problems, they lose their grip on you. When you dare to confront the things that scare you, you open the door to the future.

A wise man once said, 'Take the bull by the horns until you have him screaming for mercy.' Almost without exception every man and woman in the Bible whom God called to do great things felt inadequate, and told him so. And how did God respond to them? 'I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand' (Isaiah 41:10 NLT). Author John Mason writes: 'The desire for safety stands against every great and virtuous dream. Security, many times, is the first step towards stagnation. Boldness in vision is the first, second, and third most important thing. If you dare nothing, you should expect nothing.'

So whatever opportunity or obstacle you're facing today, factor God in. With him on your side, what you have is always greater than whatever you lack.

Soulfood: 1 Th 1-3 Mt 3:1-10 Ps 116 Ecc 12:13-14.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:46am On Jan 03, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THIS YEAR INVEST WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU

Wednesday, 3rd January, 2018.

'Remember, each of us will stand personally before the Judgment Seat of God.' Romans 14:10 TLB

Judgment Day will be characterised by two things: rewards and regrets! Jesus highlights this in the story of three servants who were given talents to invest on behalf of their master. The first two invested well and were rewarded, while the third one buried his talent and was judged accordingly. The first two considered their options, crunched the numbers, took the plunge, and were willing to risk failure. As a result their boss said, 'Well done, good and faithful servant' (Matthew 25:21 NKJV).

Now, God doesn't reward foolishness. So before you make a move, talk it over with him (see Proverbs 3:5-6). The third servant, however, said, 'I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground' (Matthew 25:25 NKJV). He made the most common and tragic mistake when it comes to giftedness: he failed to benefit his Master with his talent. Some invest their talents and give God credit, while others misuse theirs and give him grief. Some honour him with 'fruit', while others insult him with excuses. And how does God feel about the latter? 'Take the money away from him and give it to the one who [invested]' (Matthew 25:29 GNT). Fear is the opposite of faith, and 'without faith it is impossible to please [God]' (Hebrews 11:6 NKJV).

So this year step out in faith; God won't let you down. Take a risk; he won't fail you. Even if you stumble on your way to success, he encourages you to envision the day when you'll feel his hand on your shoulder and hear the words: 'Well done, good and faithful servant!'

Soulfood: 1 Th 4-5 Mt 3:11-17 Ps 90:1-6 Pro 1:1-4
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:49am On Jan 06, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KEYS TO BIBLE STUDY 3

Saturday, 6th January, 2018.

'Everyone who hears these words of mine.' Matthew 7:24 NIV

Certain products carry a label that says: 'Warning! This can be hazardous to your health.' Instead of helping you, certain kinds of Bible study can actually hurt you. The Bible says, 'Knowledge puffs up' (1 Corinthians 8:1 NIV). The Greek word for puffs contains the idea of being inflated, like a hot air balloon. By the time a Pharisee completed his training, he could quote hours and hours of Old Testament law. Yet Jesus said the Pharisees were like beautifully painted gravestones: filled with dead men's bones. Satan knows the Scriptures so well that he was able to quote them to Jesus in the wilderness temptation. And what is Satan's chief quality? Pride. It's the sin that got him thrown out of Heaven. The whole point in studying the Scriptures is to make you more dependent on God and give you the right approach to life.

People mainly read the Scriptures for three reasons: (1) To find proof texts that support their views. (2) To find promises that apply to their particular needs. (3) To discover principles to live by. If you're wise you'll be a member of this third group. Jesus said, 'Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock' (Matthew 7:24 NIV). When the storms of life came, the wise man's house stood firm while the foolish man's - the one who didn't practise what he knew - came crashing down. Added knowledge brings added responsibility. 'Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge and to your knowledge self-control...' (2 Peter 1:5-6 NIV). So in addition to acquiring knowledge through regular study, plan to apply that knowledge towards self-control.

Soulfood: Lev 5-7 Mt 5:1-12 Ps 10:12-18 Pro 1:17-19.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GET CLOSER TO GOD

Sunday 7th January, 2018.

'Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world.' James 1:7-8 NLT

The planet Mercury is hot, whereas the dwarf world Pluto is cold. That's because Mercury is close to the sun and Pluto is a long way off. A planet's temperature and climate are determined by its proximity to the sun.

There's an important spiritual principle here. As a redeemed child of God, your spiritual temperature is determined by how close you are to Jesus. You say, 'I wish I were closer to the Lord.' The truth is that you are as close to him as you desire to be, decide to be, and discipline yourself to be. Your pursuit of God reveals your passion for God - or the lack of it. To experience true intimacy with someone, you must be willing to sacrifice other things and give yourself fully to that person. The psalmist wrote: 'You have said, seek my face [inquire for and require my presence as your vital need]. My heart says to you, your face (your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity]' (Psalm 27:8 AMP).

You'll notice that the psalmist didn't say you were to seek God's gifts, but his face! Not the gifts, but the giver of the gifts! And a wonderful thing happens when you do that: 'Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires and petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord;

trust in him also and he will do it' (Psalm 37:4-5 AMP).

Soulfood: Ex 20:1-3 Deut 6:1-9 Mark 12:28-34 Rev 2:1-7

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KEEP MORPHING

Tuesday, 9th January, 2018

'Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle.' Hebrews 11:34 NLT

The word 'metamorphosis' means to be changed from one form into another. In Hebrews chapter 11, we find famous people such as Moses and David. Did they have weaknesses? Yes. Did they sometimes struggle? Absolutely.

But: 'Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle' (Hebrews 11:34 NLT). Picture a caterpillar morphing into a butterfly. It starts out slow and slimy, and takes hours to crawl a metre or so. When it undergoes the process of metamorphosis, however, it becomes a beautiful butterfly that can fly long distances by simply riding the air currents. The butterfly's wings developed as a result of struggling in the cocoon until it broke free. No fight, no flight! Getting the idea? Are you struggling with something today? Are you in a spiritual battle? It's your struggles that develop your strength, and your battles that bring your victories.

Satan doesn't want you to know that. He hopes the battle you are in will destroy you instead of develop you, so he keeps pouring on the pressure. When Paul's life became so hard that he thought he couldn't stand another day of it, God told him, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness' (2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT). How did Paul respond? He writes: 'Now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me... For when I am weak, then I am strong' (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NLT).

Soulfood: Lev 11:1-13:37 Mt 5:27-37 Ps 42:6-11 Pro 1:24-28.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD WANTS TO SET YOU FREE

Wednesday, 10th January, 2018

'If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.' John 8:36 NKJV

When you become a prisoner-of-war, the enemy controls all your movements and decides what each day of your life will be like. Has the enemy captured you? Perhaps you've tried over and over again to be free from your addiction but you are still imprisoned by it. There's good news: 'If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed' (John 8:36 NKJV). Whether you are addicted to drugs, lust, alcohol, gambling, food or anything else, your answer is not natural - but supernatural. Your addiction is a 'symptom' of a deeper spiritual condition that Jesus, the Great Physician, wants to heal.

At the core of every twelve-step programme is this truth: it's only by turning to a power greater than ourselves and developing a relationship with him, that we can get free and stay free. And we know who that 'power' is - Jesus! When you feel 'restless, irritable, and discontent', his presence is what brings peace and serenity. When you're tempted to turn to your addiction to find relief, his presence fills the emptiness within you and enables you to say no. When you experience 'euphoric recall' and begin to think about the best times of your addiction rather than the worst ones, his Word renews your mind and reframes your attitude, showing you the right path to take at that moment: 'Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path' (Psalm 119:105 NLT). Peter said, 'The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations' (2 Peter 2:9 NKJV).

Today, God wants to set you free.

Soulfood: Lev 13:38-14:57 Mt 5:38-48 Ps 3 Pro 1:29-31.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:17am On Jan 11, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

STOP DOING THINGS THAT DON'T WORK

Thursday, 11th January, 2018

'Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom.' Colossians 3:16 NKJV

The story's told of a couple who decided to go duck hunting together. They heard that they needed a good duck hunting dog, so they went to a kennel and got one. They heard that they needed a good shotgun, so they went to the store and bought one. Then they went hunting. At the end of the day they hadn't got a single duck. The husband said to his wife, 'Honey, we've got to be doing something wrong here.' His wife replied, 'Well, maybe if we throw the dog up a little higher he could catch a duck this time.' When it comes to the Christian life, we try to accomplish things with tools that don't work or don't make sense. A dog is not the right equipment to get ducks - you need firepower to bring a duck down.

Why did Paul write, 'Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom' (Colossians 3:16 NKJV)? Because when the word of Christ dwells richly in your heart, you're equipped with God's wisdom. You can't solve a problem by using the very elements that caused it. You need God's wisdom, and it's found in his Word. Less than 30 per cent of Christians read their Bible daily. Think about that: 70 per cent of Christians look for the answer in the wrong places.

When you have a problem, the first thing you should ask is, 'What does God's Word say about this?' 'The entrance of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple' (Psalm 119:130 NKJV). Instead of doing things that don't work - turn to God's Word.

Soulfood: Lev 15-17 Mt 6:1-8 Ps 46 Pro 1:32-33.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:22am On Jan 13, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD'S DEFINITION OF 'RICH'

Saturday, 13th January, 2018.

'The blessing of the Lord - it makes [truly] rich, and he adds no sorrow with it [neither does toiling increase it].' Proverbs 10:22 AMPC

It's said the famous publisher William Randolph Hearst saw a picture of a beautiful painting and became very interested in acquiring it for his collection. He sent agents all over the world to search for it, but they couldn't find it anywhere. A year later, out of the blue, one of his employees came and told him that the painting had been found. Excited about the discovery, Hearst asked where it had been unearthed. His employee said, 'It was in a crate in your warehouse. You owned it all the time.' The problem was, Hearst had never read the ledger that had the record of everything he owned.

Your Bible is a ledger filled with blessings God wants you to experience. Now, none of these blessings are greater than salvation, but it's not the only blessing. 'The blessing of the Lord - it makes [truly] rich, and he adds no sorrow with it [neither does toiling increase it]' (Proverbs 10:22 AMPC). John D. Rockefeller once said he'd exchange his fortune for a chance to go back and work as a clerk in his old office in Cleveland, Ohio. Why? Because stress caused him to suffer bouts of insomnia, ulcers and depression. The blessing of God brings success - without stress! God tells you about it in his Word. He wants you to be 'rich' in your relationships, in your health, in your peace of mind, in your career and in everything that concerns you.

So get to know what God has promised you, then begin praying and believing him for it.

Soulfood: Lev 21:1-23:25 Mt 6:19-34 Ps 71:17-24 Pro 2:3-5.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE VIRTUE OF DILIGENCE

Sunday, 14th January, 2018.

'The hand of the diligent makes rich.' Proverbs 10:4 ESV

The word diligent means 'to cut or sharpen'. It describes a worker who's sharp, decisive and keen. He or she wants to work, make a difference and contribute to their families and to society. Life 'owes' you nothing except an opportunity to succeed. And you'll have to work for that success.

One day two teens were talking when one said to the other, 'I'm really worried. Dad slaves away at his job so I'll never want for anything. He pays all my bills and sends me to college. Mum slaves every day washing, ironing, cleaning up after me, and even takes care of me when I'm sick.' Puzzled, his friend asked, 'So, what're you worried about?' He replied, 'I'm worried the slaves might escape!'

If you're a parent, teach your children the virtue of diligence. And don't just preach it - live it! You'll know you're succeeding when they no longer feel 'entitled' to an allowance, and stop seeing you as a human cashpoint machine with the words 'Free Money!' stamped on your forehead. Your children will spend over half the waking hours of their prime adult lives working, and they need to know that it was God's idea and not a form of punishment. Some people think work was the result of the curse in Eden, but it wasn't. God gave Adam the job of tending the garden before sin came on the scene (see Genesis 2:15). Jesus was a carpenter (see Mark 6:3). And Paul, one of the most influential Christians in history, was a tentmaker (see Acts 18:1-3). There's nothing dishonourable about work worth doing, and work done well.

Soulfood: Ex 20:4-6 Deut 7:17-8:2 Isa 40:18-31 Col 3:5-10.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:36am On Jan 15, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GIVE GOD YOUR 'FIRSTFRUITS'

Monday, 15th January, 2018.

'Honour the Lord with... the firstfruits of all your increase.' Proverbs 3:9 NKJV

Solomon writes: 'Honour the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine' (Proverbs 3:9 NKJV). The people who heard these words lived off their land and their livestock. Whenever they reaped a harvest or birthed new cattle, they'd take the first sheaf or the firstborn calf to the temple and offer it to the Lord. These were called 'firstfruits'. By doing this they acknowledged that 'everything I have comes from God, and belongs to God. And everything I'll need for the future depends upon God's goodness to me'.

There's not a more important money management principle you'll ever hear than this: give God your 'firstfruits', not your leftovers! Businessman Arthur DeMoss was a spiritual giant and benefactor who gave millions to God's work and left behind a foundation to carry on his legacy. DeMoss said that to be successful you should give God the first 'dime' out of every dollar, the first hour out of every day, and the first day out of every week.

You ask, 'Does that mean God won't love me if I don't tithe?' No; you can't do anything to earn God's love. However, giving back to him willingly demonstrates our obedience and love for God.

Soulfood: Lev 23:26-25:55 Mt 7:1-14 Ps 74:1-11 Pro 2:6.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

START A JOURNAL OF YOUR SPIRITUAL JOURNEY

Tuesday, 16th January, 2018.

'Moses wrote all the words of the Lord. And he rose early in the morning, and built an altar.' Exodus 24:4 NKJV

One of the secrets of Moses' great success in life was this: he spent time each day with God, and he wrote down what God told him. And you should do that too. Here's why. Writing: (a) clarifies your thoughts; (b) gives you a permanent record you can refer back to; (c) allows you to measure your progress. We only remember what we take time to record.

One of the best-known American missionaries was Jim Elliot, who became a martyr for Christ in 1956 in Ecuador. He kept a spiritual journal, and it makes interesting reading: 'My devotional reading pattern was broken. I have never restored it... prayer as a single man was difficult... now it's too hard to get out of bed in the morning... I've made resolutions on this score before now, but not followed them up.' Such writings become a mirror that reflects your true spiritual condition - a condition it's easy to forget unless it's staring you in the face each day. Elliot, like all of us, struggled with the spiritual disciplines. But unlike most of us, he kept a written record of his spiritual defeats as well as his spiritual victories.

Keeping such a journal will force you to reflect on your heart's true condition, record your progress, regain your lost momentum, reject your bad habits, reinforce your good habits, and help you to reach your spiritual goals. Do you know any other discipline that offers such benefits? No? Then start a journal of your spiritual journey today.

Soulfood: Lev 26-27 Mt 7:15-29 Ps 74:12-23 Pro 2:7-8.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SAMSON AND SAMUEL 1

Wednesday, 17th January, 2018.

'Time would fail me to tell of...Samson...and Samuel.' Hebrews 11:32 NKJV

Samson and Samuel are mentioned in the same Scripture, but there are big differences between them. You ask, 'Why should I be interested?' Because as a Christian, you are like them. Each had a miraculous birth, so they're a picture of those who've been born again and called to serve God. Paul writes, 'These things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition... Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall' (1 Corinthians 10:11-12 NKJV).

Difference one: finances. Samson was greedy and manipulating, whereas Samuel practised integrity. One day Samson bet thirty Philistine princes that they couldn't solve his riddle, saying, 'If you cannot explain it to me, then you shall give me thirty linen garments and thirty changes of clothing' (Judges 14:13 NKJV). Quite a wardrobe! Samson's emphasis was 'you shall give me.' He's an example of Christians in business who discredit the cause of Christ by unethical practices, and those in ministry who twist the Scriptures and resort to emotional manipulation to raise money. The world is watching, so let's heed the Scripture: '...do what is honourable in the sight of all' (Romans 12:17 ESV). Samuel was totally different. After forty years of his exemplary leadership, the people paid this tribute to him: 'You have not cheated or oppressed us' (1 Samuel 12:4 NIV). When others can say that about you, you did it right! Jesus said, 'Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also' (Matthew 6:21 NIV).

The condition of your heart is revealed in how you handle finances.

Soulfood: Phil 1-4 Mt 8:1-9 Ps 79 Pro 2:9-10.

Courtesy: Grace So Amazing Foundation.
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SAMSON AND SAMUEL 4

Saturday, 20th January, 2018.

'Thus far the Lord has helped us.' 1 Samuel 7:12 NKJV

Difference four: accountability. Samson had an independent attitude and refused to be accountable to anyone else. He was a 'lone ranger' who refused to work with others. And his erratic attempts at deliverance caused the Philistines to tax God's people more and make their burdens heavier. Samuel, on the other hand, worked in consensus with others. When he prayed and God gave Israel a spectacular victory over their enemies, he refused to take any of the credit. 'Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpeh and Shen, and called its name Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far has the Lord helped us"' (1 Samuel 7:12 NKJV).

Samson was 'me' focused, but Samuel was 'us' focused. The psalmist said, 'Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity...for there the Lord commanded the blessing' (Psalm 133:1-3 NKJV) The secret of walking in God's blessing is not to operate alone, but cooperate with others. That's how the New Testament church did it. 'When they had further threatened them, they let them go... And being let go, they went to their own companions' (Acts 4:21-23 NKJV). When the apostles came under attack, 'they went to their own companions.' They had relationships in place with those who knew how to advise and guide them, strengthen and encourage them, pray and share God's Word with them.

You need such relationships too! And you can't afford to wait until trouble comes before you establish them. Do it now, in the good times, and they'll be there for you in the bad times.

Soulfood: Dan 5-7 Mt 8:28-34 Ps 89:1-14 Pro 2:20.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SAMSON AND SAMUEL 5

Sunday, 21st January, 2018.

'Then the Lord said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before Me, my mind would not be favourable towards this people."' Jeremiah 15:1 NKJV

Difference five: prayer. The Bible records only two occasions when Samson prayed: first, when he thought he was dying of thirst and needed water (Judges 15:18); second, in the last moments of his life when he'd lost everything and ended up in prison (see Judges 16:28). He was like the little boy who was asked, 'Do you say your prayers every night?' He replied, 'No; sometimes I don't need anything.'

On the other hand the Bible says, 'Samuel called to the Lord, and the Lord sent thunder and rain that day; and all the people greatly feared the Lord and Samuel' (1 Samuel 12:18 NKJV). One of the greatest tributes given to anyone in Scripture was spoken by God concerning Samuel's prayer life: 'Then the Lord said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before me, my mind would not be favourable towards this people"' (Jeremiah 15:1 NKJV). Such is the 'clout' Samuel had with God!

The Bible also has much to say about the prayer life of Jesus. Sometimes he prayed all through the night; other times he was up praying before dawn. It was the secret of his effectiveness in ministry. He made regular deposits in prayer so he could make regular withdrawals of power when he needed it. And you'll notice that he seldom prayed for anyone he healed. Why? Because he'd already spent time in prayer. Old-timers in church used to refer to this as 'staying prayed up'. And it's the secret of victorious Christian living.

Soulfood: Ex 20:7 Is 29:22-24 Matt 6:9 Phil 2:5-11.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOUR NEW CHRISTLIKE BODY

Monday, 22nd January, 2018.

'He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like His own.' Philippians 3:21 NLT

The Bible says our heavenly bodies will be exactly like the one Jesus had following his resurrection. He resembled himself, because the disciples could recognise him. He ate and drank with them. He could be touched. He could miraculously pass through walls. Talk about 'time travel' - he could appear in various places to different people without travelling by any recognised means. His transformed body no longer aged, nor was it subject to sickness and death. And your new body will be like his. 'Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back. After that the end will come' (1 Corinthians 15:23-24 NLT).

Scottish Presbyterian Robert Baillie learned in 1684 that he would be hanged for his alleged involvement in a plot to assassinate King Charles II, then drawn and quartered, and his head and hands nailed to a local bridge. How did he respond? By first quoting this Scripture: 'Our citizenship is in Heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour...who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to his glorious body' (Philippians 3:20-21 NKJV). Then he declared: 'They may hack and hew my body as they please, but I know assuredly that nothing will be lost, that all these my members shall be wonderfully gathered and made like Christ's glorious body.'

The truth is that whether you get buried in a casket or cremated and your ashes scattered, it makes no difference. God has prepared for you a glorious body just like Christ's.

Soulfood: Dan 8-10 Mt 9:1-13 Ps 89:15-37 Pro 2:21-22.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DON'T JUST READ IT DO IT 2

Wednesday, 24th January, 2018.

'The Holy Spirit... will teach you... and will remind you of everything I have said.' John 14:26 NIV

Jesus ended his Sermon on the Mount with a striking story that addresses the gap between knowing and doing: 'Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock' (Matthew 7:24 NIV). The problem is, we find it easier to be smart than to be good. You don't need to know more about the Bible until you put into practice what you already know.

John Ortberg says that when he taught tennis, unskilled novices would agonise over which racket to buy - whether to use nylon or gut strings, whether to string them up at 30 or 32 kg. The problem was, they couldn't even hit the ball. Instead of debating the minutiae, they simply needed to practise. But a word of caution here: you don't become a 'doer of the Word' by drawing on your own strength and willpower. The Holy Spirit who dwells within you is referred to in Scripture as 'the paraclete'. The word means 'one who comes alongside to help'.

When you decide to do what's right, the Holy Spirit within you empowers you to do it. When a situation arises, he will prompt you as to what you should do. Jesus promised, 'The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you' (John 14:26 NIV). You ask, 'But what if I don't get it right?' He will work with you, giving you opportunities until you do get it right.

Soulfood: Jas 1-2 Mt 9:27-38 Ps 91 Pro 3:3-4.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

A SMALL CHANGE CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE

Sunday, 28th January, 2018.

'Who dares despise the day of small things?' Zechariah 4:10 NIV

Imagine the temple lying in ruins, and having to be rebuilt from the ground up. That's what things were like when Zechariah shared his vision with the people of Israel. Some thought it couldn't be done, and others thought that their particular contribution would make no difference. So Zechariah challenged them in these words: 'Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hand' (Zechariah 4:10 NLT).

In 1963, MIT meteorologist Edward Lorenz presented the hypothesis that became known as the butterfly effect. He theorised that a minor event, like the flapping of a butterfly's wings in Brazil, could conceivably alter wind currents sufficiently to cause a tornado in Texas. Lorenz came to the simple yet profound conclusion: 'Minuscule changes in input can make macroscopic differences in output.'

That simple discovery has the power to change your life. It can radically alter your spiritual, emotional, relational or financial forecast. It can change the atmosphere of your organisation or your marriage. One decision. One change. One risk. One idea. That's all it takes. You don't have to make one hundred changes. All that does is divide your energy by one hundred, and results in a 1 per cent chance of success. You have to be 100 per cent committed to one change. It will take an all-out effort. It will probably be the hardest thing you've ever done. But that one change has the potential to make a 100 per cent difference in your life.

Soulfood: Ex 20:8-11 Is 58:13-14 Luke 4:16 Heb 10:19-25.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:24am On Jan 29, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PRAISE GOD EVERY DAY

Monday, 29th January, 2018.

'You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory.' Revelation 4:11 NKJV

A Christian farmer supposedly taught his horse to start and stop, using words from the Bible. When he wanted the horse to go, he would shout, 'Praise the Lord.' When he wanted the horse to stop, he would shout, 'Hallelujah.' All went well until one day a thunderbolt caused the horse to take off galloping at full speed. Realising he had lost control, the farmer panicked and forgot the words he had trained the horse to respond to. Up ahead was a cliff, and they were headed towards it at full speed. Desperately he tried to recall every religious word he'd ever heard of. He shouted, 'Amen! Jesus saves! Worthy! Holy!' Nothing worked. Just as the horse approached the precipice, he shouted, 'Hallelujah!' The horse stopped right there on the edge. Relieved, he wiped the sweat off his brow and said, 'Whew, praise the Lord!'

Seriously, praising the Lord is not a religious activity that belongs only in church on Sunday morning. 'From the rising of the sun to its going down the Lord's name is to be praised' (Psalm 113:3 NKJV). That means let your first words in the morning and your last words at night, be praise to God.

'Why should I praise God every day?' you ask. Because he is worthy of your praise. 'You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power' (Revelation 4:11 NKJV). And one more thought. Spoken words of love and appreciation draw people together and create intimacy. Do you want to get closer to God? Start praising him more.

Soulfood: Num 4:34-6:27 Mt 10:32-42 Ps 104:24-35 Pro 3:11-12.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:31am On Jan 30, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KEEP PRAYING

Tuesday, 30th January, 2018.

'Devote yourselves to prayer.' Colossians 4:2 NLT

In 1964, Communist Simba rebels besieged the town of Bunia in Zaire. They arrested and executed many citizens. A pastor by the name of Zebedayo Idu was nearly one of their victims. They sentenced him to death before a firing squad and placed him in jail for the night. The next morning he and a large number of prisoners were herded onto a truck and driven to a public place for execution. With no explanation, the official told the prisoners to 'line up and number off - one, two, one, two, one, two'. The 'ones' were placed in front of the firing squad, and the 'twos' were taken back to the prison. Pastor Idu was among those who were spared. Back in their jail cells, the prisoners could hear the sound of gunfire.

The pastor took advantage of the dramatic moment to share the story of Jesus and the hope of Heaven. Eight of the prisoners gave their lives to Christ that day. About the time Pastor Idu finished sharing, an excited messenger came to the door with a release order. The pastor had been arrested by mistake and was free to leave. He said goodbye to the prisoners and hurried to his home next to the chapel. There he discovered a crowd of believers who were praying for his release. When they saw the answer to their prayers walk through the door, their prayer service turned into a praise service.

The same God who heard the prayers of the New Testament church in Jerusalem and saved Peter from execution, heard prayers from Zaire and delivered their pastor (see Acts 12:5). And God is still listening, so keep praying!

Soulfood: Num 7 Mt 11:1-9 Ps 107:1-9 Pro 3:13-18.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:34am On Feb 06, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

A PROMISE TO PRAYING PARENTS

Tuesday, 6th February, 2018.

'They shall come back from the land of the enemy.'Jeremiah 31:16 NKJV

Are you living under a cloud of guilt, feeling like a failure because your child has gone astray? Don't do it! The Bible teaches that sometimes children simply won't listen to the counsel of their parents. Solomon was probably giving a word of personal testimony when he wrote, 'A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke' (Proverbs 13:1 NKJV). Jesus didn't hold the father accountable for the fact that his prodigal son went astray (see Luke 15:11). And if you did your best, God doesn't hold you accountable either. The truth is that bad parents sometimes turn out good children, and good parents sometimes have children who go bad. God's first two children were placed in a perfect paradise, yet they rebelled.

Ultimately, we're all given the power to choose. There comes a time when every child is no longer a child, and has to take responsibility for his or her actions. So, if you've done your best as a parent, don't let the devil put a guilt trip on you. And if you've failed as a parent, it's not the unpardonable sin. Not only will God forgive you, but you can also claim this wonderful promise: 'Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears; for your work shall be rewarded, says the Lord, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. There is hope in your future...that your children shall come back to their own border' (Jeremiah 31:16-17 NKJV).

Don't give up on your children, because God hasn't. Keep praying and believing, and allow him to work on them.

Soulfood: Num 22-24 Mt 12:38-50 Ps 108 Pro 3:31-32.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:08am On Feb 07, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

TRUST GOD AND ACT

Wednesday, 7th February, 2018.

'Perhaps the Lord will act on our behalf.' 1 Samuel 14:6 NIV

During the early days of Saul's kingship, the Philistines controlled the western border of Israel, and battle lines were drawn at the pass called Michmash. Saul seemed content to sit on the sidelines, but Jonathan wanted to be on the front line. 'Come, let's go over to the Philistine outpost on the other side' (1 Samuel 14:1 NIV).

There was only Jonathan and his armour bearer, so the odds didn't look good. But when you make a move that is motivated by God's glory, it moves the heart and hand of God. What it requires is a step of faith. And often it's the longest, hardest, and scariest step you've ever taken. Usually when Israel's kings went into battle it was because they had received a word from the Lord assuring their victory. Jonathan had received no such word. He simply said, 'Perhaps the Lord will act on our behalf' (1 Samuel 14:6 NIV). Most people operate out of the opposite mentality: 'Perhaps the Lord won't act on our behalf.' They let fear dictate their decisions instead of faith. So, they end up with Saul, sitting on the sidelines.

And how did the battle turn out for Jonathan and his armour bearer? 'So the Lord rescued Israel that day' (1 Samuel 14:23 NIV). All it took was one daring decision! That's all it ever takes. When you move, God will move on your behalf. And if you don't move, you'll always wonder 'what if?' Our longest regrets are our inaction regrets - the things we would have, could have, or should have done but did not do. So, the word for you today is: trust God, and act!

Soulfood: Num 25-26 Mt 13:1-9 Ps 120 Pro 3:33-35.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:03am On Feb 09, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD USES ORDINARY PEOPLE 2

Friday, 9th February, 2018.

'Remember...few of you were wise in the world's eyes...when God called you.' 1 Corinthians 1:26 NLT

Max Lucado writes: 'Edith Hayes was a spry 80-year-old with thinning white hair, a wiry five-foot frame, and an unquenchable compassion for South Florida's cancer patients. I was fresh out of seminary in 1979 and sitting in an office of unpacked boxes when she walked in and introduced herself. "My name is Edith, and I help cancer patients." She extended her hand. I offered a chair. She politely declined. "Too busy. You'll see my team here at the church building every Tuesday morning. You're welcome to come, but if you do we'll put you to work." Her team, I came to learn, included a hundred or so silver-haired women who occupied themselves with the unglamorous concern of sore-seepage. They made cancer wounds their mission, stitching together truckloads of disposable pads each Tuesday, and then delivering them to patients throughout the week. Edith rented an alley apartment, lived on her late husband's pension, wore glasses that magnified her pupils, and ducked applause like artillery fire.'

Edith's story does away with the excuse, 'I'm too old to do something for God.' Noah was over 600 years old when he came out of the ark and helped to start the human race all over again. If you're older, think about it this way: you're a walking repository of decades of wisdom and knowledge. So, before you leave this earth, endeavour to give to others what God has entrusted to you.

Right now, somebody, somewhere, needs something you have and, if you ask God, he will show you who they are. When he does - get involved!

Soulfood: Num 30:1-32:24 Mt 13:24-35 Ps 125 Pro 4:3-4.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KEEP PRESSING ON

Saturday, 10th February, 2018.

'Straining towards what is ahead, I press on.' Philippians 3:13-14 NIV

Developing your faith is like taking swimming lessons. Observe: (1) Fear is like water; if you let it, it will take you under. (2) You can only tread water for so long before you drown. (3) When you reach a certain point, there's no turning back. (4) Faith is like the air in your lungs; it will sustain you and keep you afloat if you just relax.

Have you ever watched a seasoned swimmer? Stroke after stroke, he takes what's in front of him and pushes it behind him, letting it propel him towards his goal. He literally takes what stands between him and his goal, and uses it to get there. Sometimes we despair and say, 'I'm just keeping my head above water,' and that's ok as long as you keep 'stroking' and pressing on. It's when you feel backed into a corner with nowhere to turn that you've got to take hold of the faith God has placed within you and keep moving forward. Jesus said, 'The Kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force' (Matthew 11:12 NKJV). The word 'violence' suggests ferocity, passion, and intensity. You must be relentless and fight your way through, confident that God is on your side - because he is (see Psalm 56:9). The waters you're in don't determine your destiny; they either carry you over or take you under. It takes faith to keep going. When you quit, God can do nothing more for you!

So today whether you're doing the breaststroke, the backstroke, or some other kind of stroke that nobody's ever heard of - keep pressing on.

Soulfood: Num 32:25-33:56 Mt 13:36-46 Ps 134 Pro 4:5-13.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SOUND FINANCIAL ADVICE 1

Sunday, 11th February, 2018.

'The wise have wealth...but fools spend whatever they get.' Proverbs 21:20 NLT

It's foolish to buy things you don't need and can't afford, especially when your bills are overdue and you've nothing set aside for the future. Your financial security is determined by what you owe, not by what you earn! Having to work for years to repay debt severely limits your options. So, determine your lifestyle by your actual income, not by what you wish it was or hope it will be. And when you get a raise, don't automatically spend more.

The Bible says, 'There is...treasure...in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man squanders it' (Proverbs 21:20 NKJV). One of the wisest things you can do today is to start saving for the future, and sowing at least one-tenth of your income into God's Kingdom so that you'll have a harvest when you need it (see 2 Corinthians 9:6). Author John Kennedy writes: 'Peddling biblically-based financial advice has become a cottage industry. It's not that the counsel is new, or that people haven't heard it enough. The fact remains...Christians have racked up debt with no plan for financial accountability...they're tapped out keeping up with interest payments.'

Is your philosophy in life, 'Why wait and save when a credit card will let me have what I want right now?' If you're buying things you don't need with money you don't have, stop it! Before you purchase anything else, ask yourself if you really need it. And even if you think you do, ask yourself if you can live without it for a while; otherwise you'll become a slave to credit card debt. Here's some sound financial advice: pray for God's guidance before you make any non-essential purchase.

Soulfood: Ex 20:13 Gen 4:8-16 Pro 18:21 Matt 5:21-22.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound / When A Guy Promised You Marriage Just Because Of Sex / Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.