Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (47874 Views)

Woman From Abeokuta Hit By A Car In Agege (Photo) / Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge / Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by subtlemee(f): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
angels09:

This is not your family meeting where goat shits coordinate...this is Nairaland mbok!!

Cheap weed alert
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
sukkot:
lolzzz. aiitt you win. although i still cant find it on google, but you win
It is actually not win or lose gist, I actually had this argument some years ago when I was playing Scrabble with a friend. I put Albinoism to score points but it entered into serious argument. He insisted such word is alien to dictionary but I maintained that it is. But it ended in laughter at the last... Lol
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by koning: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
sukkot:
bros calm down with this your lie nah. some people on nairaland actually travel you know ? abi you think say everybody here is local champion abi ? if you obtain 10 years visa it means you can stay for 10 years. they dont give you 10 years visa and ask you at point of entry to stay only 30 days. where they do that at ?

It MUST NOT be a Visitor visa then. You can stay longer if you obtain a business, family reunion or any other kind of visa. But once your visa says 'Visitor'. you will get 30 days at the point of entry.
You can go to Alagbon close to extend it later if you wish. I am a champion traveler. Loads of experience.
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by gberra: 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
subtlemee:

Suicide over a comment I know is written by an intelligent psychopath? My skin is too thick for me to be dettered by a numbed fellow who's corruption level is higher than the universe but is coming here to play saint,evaluate yourself will you say you are any better? Who makes up Nigeria isn't it me and you? If you accept that "Nigeria" is corrupt then you are cos I am not and I won't let anyone run me and my country down because I don't do same to theirs with all our embezzled cash they are hiding...with this show of disrespect and low morals exhibited you are corrupt it doesn't necessarily mean you need to extort or embezzle, so please scoot from my space
Lemee, shut dafuq & get da hell drown!.. Each institution including the Immigration represents the country... Get that straight dumbo!
More unfortunately, Opinion had become extremely cheap that a dull-pants could have one
Dumbo keeps running around full retaard, shamelessly justifying irrationality & pure senselessness.

Wallow in brainlessness jerkie..... We shall get y'all down & redeem our image.
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by sukkot: 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
It is actually not win or lose gist, I actually had this argument some years ago when I was playing Scrabble with a friend. I put Albinoism to score points but it entered into serious argument. He insisted such word is alien to dictionary but I maintained that it is. But it ended in laughter at the last... Lol
ahhhh deja vu moment. scripture does say that which hath been is that which shall be. book of Ecclesiastes. speaking of scrabble, nice game to play with awon boys when quaffing a nice cold bottle of big stout lolzz
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by sukkot: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2017
claremont:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/non-immigrant-visa-faqs/
that only applies to those who have free visas into america. like you dont need a visa into america from certain european countries but at point of entry they will stamp a visa for you telling you how long you can stay, usually 3 months.
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by gberra: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2017
sukkot:
oh yeah my gurl ibkayee. 'my gurl' dont mean we dating now lol. thats how I speak. wink
Babe is a "gurl" trust me baba...

1 Like

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by subtlemee(f): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
joeluv:
To think you are a lady is mind blogging. If you have ever passed MMIA you won't spew this rubbish. Those guys have no mercy, they are so corrupt and would milk you dry even if it's your last card. We need to call them out, Nigeria is corrupt and it's so corrupt. That's a fact, trying to attack people that tell you the truth would take you know where. Accept your faults and try and make amends. But he'll no, no one is taking responsibility, corruption is now a way of life and we have people here defending miscreants in MMIA. Did you not here when the lady said she almost missed her flight and she was with her daughter? What crime did she commit? Even if she over stayed they have no right to delay her. Please madam change. Remember change begins with you and I. Cheers

There are mature ways we can handle this,we aren't the only corrupt country,we all know there's corruption in the land we should cower in shame and work quietly and diligently towards getting better not joining others to mock the country while sitting in our various sitting room watching telly and doing nothing probably enjoying and or benefitting from the proceeds of corruptions directly or indirectly

1 Like

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
Too late for that sentiment, the country is already run down, You talk about border security? do you see how they treat their citizens with respect, surely its the job of the immigration to question your intentions for entering their country, Nigerian immigration LOVE to pick on citizens, threaten to make you lose your flight just so you bribe, it's sad, pathetic and you supporting it is typical of blacks until it happens to them personally.
(PS) I cant count how many times Nigerians have actually been arrested on border security for either drugs/fraud/questionable documents, I hardly see them disturb the Angolan, Sudanese, Zimbabwean citizens

subtlemee:

We are survivors, we don't rant anyhow over trivial things,I've been to airports and i watch border security on DSTV,this things happens everywhere,Nigeria is not the only corrupt country

No...I won't let anybody run my country down like that
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by subtlemee(f): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
angels09:

We know....lol

We are now convinced that this is what happens in your family if not how else this did you come by the picture? Please I beg of you stop exposing your family
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by claremont(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
sukkot:
that only applies to those who have free visas into america. like you dont need a visa into america from certain european countries but at point of entry they will stamp a visa for you telling you how long you can stay, usually 3 months.

My last response on this. READ the link I provided, and READ it properly.

A holder of a visa to US/UK doesn't mean the holder will be allowed into these countries for that length, how long the visa holder is allowed in is based on the discretion of the immigration officer at the port of entry. This is standard practice worldwide for most countries, including those with schengen visas.

Learn something new today, do not showcase the same ignorance tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nuisance, why did she overstay? She was expecting them to leave her because she is white
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by sukkot: 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
koning:

It MUST NOT be a Visitor visa then. You can stay longer if you obtain a business, family reunion or any other kind of visa. But once your visa says 'Visitor'. you will get 30 days at the point of entry.
You can go to Alagbon close to extend it later if you wish. I am a champion traveler. Loads of experience.
if you are on a visitors journey they will not give you 10 years. lmao. they will give you maybe 3 months at the embassy. unless of course you are a frequent visitor and they have checked your bank account and seen you have millions in pounds in your account and then they can give you 5 years hoping you blast all your money in their country. now this weird logic you submit may only apply to nigeria but not to any civilised country. in any civilized country if they give you 5 years visa, they expect you to stay as long as you want but dont exceed 5 years.
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by gberra: 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
ibkayee:

Lool wink
Date whoever you want. You owe me a date...

1 Like

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by AreaFada2: 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
The extortion everywhere and at all levels in 9ja is very bad.

But in theory the immigration officer was right about overstaying.

Though she had two months visa, upon entering the immigration officer who stamped her visa would have written her latest date of exit in ink on the passport.

It would be 30 days. But the officers endorsing the passport on entry NEVER explain what the date (a month away) actually means. So most visitors never know.
So it has become a money making thing for them. They then look out for any possibility you have overstayed. Even by just a few hours.

1 Like

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by subtlemee(f): 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
angels09:

Is that your current father?

I heard there's reduction in Jamb scores ,good enough you won't need to attempt it again,run along and go try your luck in one of the mushroom polytechnics and get busy,I need to debate with mature intellectual minds not a jambite

My time is precious
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
angels09:

We know....lol

Isn't that weed on the table? Funny how it makes peep do crazy things lipsrsealed
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
Gwaihir:

Isn't that weed on the table? Funny how it makes peep do crazy things lipsrsealed
Now you understand where subtlemee is coming from
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by joeluv: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
No one is mocking Nigeria in this video. All she is saying is the simple truth. If you have ever passed through MMIA, am pretty sure you would be screaming at the authorities to do something about thier shameless begging and scamming in the name of doing there job. Let me give u an example. I came in from Texas and an immigration staff stopped me that I must pay him 10k because I came back with too many new stuffs in my bag and that my bag was filled up and very large (imagine my shock).That's how shameless they are. I had to beg for 15 minutes and departed with 2k before they allowed me to pass.
Don't waste your time defending these folks. They are shameless and would not pity you, whether you are Nigeria or not they don't care, they just want to milk you. Nigeria has passed the time of been sentimental. It's too corrupt and the more we cover up and keep shut they more they would continue this madness
subtlemee:

There are mature ways we can handle this,we aren't the only corrupt country,we all know there's corruption in the land we should cower in shame and work quietly and diligently towards getting better not joining others to mock the country while sitting in our various sitting room watching telly and doing nothing probably enjoying and or benefitting from the proceeds of corruptions directly or indirectly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by sukkot: 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
claremont:

My last response on this. READ the link I provided, and READ it properly.

A holder of a visa to US/UK doesn't mean the holder will be allowed into these countries for that length, how long the visa holder is allowed in is based on the discretion of the immigration officer at the port of entry. This is standard practice worldwide for most countries, including those with schengen visas.

Learn something new today, do not showcase the same ignorance tomorrow.
brah, i have plied these routes and i know wassup. in fact let me tell you a crazy story. i went to canada with a british passport. they automatically stamped me 6 months at port of entry. no visa required from britain. when i got there i got robbed when i visited this bad part of toronto. so i went to the airport the next day hoping to go back to england cuz they took all my shyttt. so am at the custom and the guy asks me where is my ticket. i said i got robbed and my ticket is lost. he looked at my passport and said listen, you have 6 months visa, so there is nothing we can do for you till the 6 months is over. lol they would not let me leave their country till the 6 months was over. lucky for me i somehow managed to get the ticket number after a few more days in toronto before they let me leave. whats my point ? whatever time you have on your visa is what they expect you to stay for
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by sukkot: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
gberra:
Babe is a "gurl" trust me baba...
lmaooo. i hear ya

1 Like

Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by ibkayee(f): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
gberra:
Date whoever you want. You owe me a date...
Lool cheesy
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by greatseed: 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
subtlemee:

By their fruits ye shall know them..everybody hiding under keypad to spew,this one could've even finish snatching somebody's phone at one junction
It's obvious u derail a lot. What has the subject matter "Scam" have 2do with this scammer like reply! Oversabi wey no know jack! I pity ur generation.... The verse u just used actually tells us indeed that u are a scammer's "fruit" olodo
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
subtlemee:

Thank God it's not the most useless,slowly we'll get there,Rwanda past president entered Guiness world book of records for corruption I'm yet to see that of my country, open up about your nation let me deal with you accordingly
How is the ban? Next one will be forever!
Re: Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" by Alameer(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
u look one wet get 50k ashawo may God punish you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Kaduna Airport, Stop A Lagos-Bound Aircraft. Kill One / Nigerians In Netherlands / Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.