Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79558 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by MoOdYLaDy(f): 6:43am On Nov 25, 2007
@Sect

Well yea more talented than faze grin grin grin and people loves his music

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by rasqietia: 6:57am On Nov 25, 2007
tongue i must cnfess,yahoozee is not a dance,its wat he does,dey said Olu dey collect westy like paper weekly 4 lag
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 7:27am On Nov 25, 2007
Duhhhh, olu dey collect what for where? Hmmn,i assure u dat it aint official. it aint on my hourlies. Updated intel reports have just confirmed dat faze would be re-shooting d tatoo girls video, reasons being dat he is scared of losing his naija fans. there are also indications on our surveilance camera that 2face idibia having been sighted in d company of top shot american artist MAY be signing collabo agreements. D basics are stil blurred but what we know for certain is dat faze is looking for tatooed naija girls and 2face is searching for international collabos dat would take him to d next level . Hmmm , d diffrence is clear. Shoe get size.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 8:20am On Nov 25, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 9:45am On Nov 25, 2007
@moody, stop twisting my postp. 9ice has been know since he featured on 2shotz's make dem talk, he even impressed me more on ruggedy baba but it ends there, that doesnt make him better. I didnt know of his album until I saw it in a cd outlet. Besides they are not on the same level, u can quote me anytime and come to think of it, u shouldnt bring 9ice into a faze/2face thream. U cant a seperate thread for that if u wish
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2007
@moody, stop twisting my postp. 9ice has been know since he featured on 2shotz's make dem talk, he even impressed me more on ruggedy baba but it ends there, that doesnt make him better. I didnt know of his album until I saw it in a cd outlet. Besides they are not on the same level, u can quote me anytime and come to think of it, u shouldnt bring 9ice into a faze/2face thream. U cant a seperate thread for that if u wish
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2007
concrete:

LOL at faze writing african queen. some of his fans just like to make stuff up

2face HAS done performances with live bands before and faze doesn't always perform with live musicians. why is this even an issue. clearly, people think 2face is a good live performer as he's been to some 8 different countries this year alone.

it is not speculation but FACT that, REGARDLESS of when yahooze and kolomental were released, YAHOOZE is the bigger hit. they are both pretty stupid songs but they are fun and that's the purpose. these are club bangers and therefore NOT meant to be taken too seriously or to be deep in meaning/message

LOL at faze fans again, trying to justify the stupidity of kolomental. it's just about stating the obvious. must you guys argue EVERYTHING?

Its really really funny. The concept is craziness and that makes sense how At least Olu was saying people work from Mon-Fri and now its time to party and spend the money u hustled for. People have been singing about that sort of thing for ages in different genre. For e.g. Craig David's "Time to Party

@Pheesayor
It might be true it was highly anticipated but that hardly explains the number surpassing faze's own like that if u're going to be comparing them. Just admit it, this arguement is not even about 2face, Yahooze was a way bigger hit. I know u guys love to limit faze's base to naija, which is good for u guys I guess but over here u can't even begin to compare their popularity. Like every party from baby showers to liitle gatherings to club parties yahooze is played by popular request. Kolomental wasn't really a big hit here, people knew it but it definitely wasn't as big
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2007
There were lots of hits dis year, there was hapuya like dat ,no be god by gino, stylee by jatt and even funk you by dbanj. This songs rocked d airwaves at one time or d other, but none of dem, not even kolomental had d kind of effect yahooze had on people. Comparing kolomental to yahooze is like comparing a flood to a huricane. Pheesayor, no offence, but ur posts are making u seem biased. I started d issue of yahooze vs kolomental .and my motive was to determine if faze fans would stand by the truth, even if its not in favour of faze. A lot of u have proven that u dnt consider facts where faze is concerned
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2007
from tubaba to olu maintain,

anyways 2 baby all the way
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2007
@mrmeetoo, everything I say here is based on happenings in nigeria, whatever happens outside nigeria, I cant confirm. Lets split yahoozee nd kolomental.
Yahoozee is not about the dance but the fraud. Do u know the meaning of 'ti nba hamma, first thing na hummer, one million dollar, ' when i've defrauded, first thing is to by a hummer. The song actually makes sense if u studyit well and its not similar to craig david's time to party.
As for kolomental, its purely for the dancefloor. It was actually meant to be a surprise cos such was not expected from faze but since the fans complained that the first album didnt have a dancetrack, he decided to supply them wit wat they really needed , and d rest is history. That shows his diversity
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2007
@jeje, there were several hits and there MAJOR hits. Among the major hits were yahoozee,kolomental,stylee and recently do me. Kolomental's impact cant be ignored, it is you who need to admit the fact
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2007
Pheesayor, its no use arguing. like i said earlier u are biased. U always wnt to put faze first. I asked a simple question abt which track is more popular. The answer to that question is simple, but u would rather go on and on abt how popular kolomental was and how popular Do ME is now. Forgerrit, its no use , have profiled u and i have drawn my conclusion. dnt take offence.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2007
@pheesayor
Honestly I hope u get paid for this!!! Lemme tell u something just because I don't stay in Naija does not mean I don't know whats going on in the social circle. I have people trooping in and out of here almost every month to & from naija. My sis just left me about 2weeks ago, my 2 very close cousins just came back from naija not to talk of others, I still have enough friends over there that are steady rockers. . . lol. So I know how big "yahooze" was even in naija, i was only trying to buttress my point by talking about its popularity over here. As far as the meaning goes u can interprete it anyway u want to, I work/hustle from mon-fri, when its the weekend I think I deserve to party. If I make one million dollars I'll probably buy like a bentley rather than a hummer and it doesn't have to be fraud, it could be a project I was working on that a multi-million dollar company picked up, in Olu's case it could be a dream of him signing a $1m recording contract. U see, different interpretations but if u want to see it as fraud well. . .
@Effa

I feel u from 2baba to Olu but its almost getting ridiculous to keep comparing faze to 2face maybe thats y.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2007
What i deduce from this KOLOMENTAL\YAHOOZEE stuff is that 2FACE Grass 2 grace has no hit that is commensurate comparable to KOLOMENTAL so OLU' S YAHOOZEE has to come to Tu's rescue Hmmmmmmmmmm, is all good, 2 against 1(no pun intended)
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2007
@Baro

Pls we all know that not even true, jejelolatu brought the whole yahooze thing up because she was even trying to defend faze a bit. It was supposed to be a very simple and obvious point but as usual there were some people that'll blow stuff out of proportion in the name of defending faze. Yahooze/Kolomental are strictly club bangers, tuface really did not have a solely "club-banging" song but the album overall contained hits. Case example: "Crank that Soulja Boy" Vs. "Stronger" by kanye west. Soulja boy was everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE but u still can't compare it to "stronger" not to talk of comparing albums. Same here we all know "Kolomental" was the most popular song on the album by a mile while tuface maintained a stream of steady hits. Remember we have awards and sales to prove it. ^_^
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Effa(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2007
Baro:

What i deduce from this KOLOMENTAL\YAHOOZEE stuff is that 2FACE Grass 2 grace has no hit that is commensurate comparable to KOLOMENTAL so OLU' S YAHOOZEE has to come to Tu's rescue Hmmmmmmmmmm, is all good, 2 against 1(no pun intended)

baro, 2baba does not need the club banging song before he's Music/Song makes impact
am not saying having a dance track is a crime, but in this case, 2baba just does not need it because he wants everybody to feel him or because he wants he's song to be the most played song in naija or because he wants to sell a mil or 2.
Should incase you dont 2baba has captivated/hijacked Naija market
If love is a crime alone made barbadorian yell for him

Understand what i mean?

He's Royal majesty
Idibia.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2007
Its not a matter of two against 1. Nah, we are simply putting similar eggs in d same basket. Tuface is not on d same level with faze. we shouldnt compare them. We should start comparing faze with guys on his level e.g olumaintain.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2007
@Mrmetoo you can only imagine how big yahooze was,you cant know it cus u weren't here and then i told u the concept of kolomentel & you say its meaningless,even the video of the song depicts that same concept but yahooze isn't like that,read the lyrics of kolo and you'll discover what it i mean.The reason faze did the song was cos he wanted to produce a dance track and he produced one thats different from the usual dance tracks we here,so that makes kolo unique in its own way.And the way you defended 2face for not having a major it was funny,In every album 1 or 2 songs usually outshine others e.g Faze's independence-kolo/tatoo,2face's face to face-african queen, Resonance's chinwe ike-chinwe ike, dbanjs tongolo-tongolo, p square's get squared-bizzy body/get squared , d jinee-ego,kanye's graduation-stronger,50 cents curtis-ayo tech. alicia keys as i am-no one;rihanna's good girl gone bad-umbrella, ty bello-greenland,p square game over-do me, eminem's encore-just lose it, akon's trouble-locked up/lonely, dbanj's rundown-why me, akon's konvicted-smack that, faze's faze alone-faze alone, tuface's grass to grace-? or maybe you can cite examples of best selling albums without a major hit track and if you think its 2face's album that earned him the acts award,i disagree with you cos i dont think dbanj's album was that good enough to earn him that same award,so i doubt music album was the criteria used for giving out the acts award, until 2face wins best music album award or something related to it then i'd accept his album won an award or awards and also talking about sales please provide a source to prove how many copies(thats not to say he hasn't sold much but lets estimate how much) he has sold.@jeje among your list of hits i didnt see 2face's name.WHY?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2007
Some faze fans jst decide 2 b idiots jst 2 support faze.Sect see wut faze is doing2 u,ur support 4 faze jst made u sound stupid,which am sure u are not.
How on earth can u say dbanj and 2face didnt win best acts based on the music? That crazy

and again wut more proof do u need to show dat 2face and dbanj sold many records? Its obvious 2see,wen artistes like 2face,dbanj and psquare get expensive cars and look good on stage ur darling faze just dresses shabily,wearing the same coat to all shows,lookn hungry and unkept and u ask 4 proof
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 12:45am On Nov 26, 2007
@sect, I mentioned d hits dat came to my mind at the time of writing dat post. am not a 2face fan-atic, hv got other things on my mind other than 2face, unlike those of u dat breath faze 24/7. But now dat u mentioned 2face, i might as well tell u dat , see me so , if love is a crime, true love , my love and For instance were hits. To all d real music lovers here, tuface is not on d same level with faze, stop comparing them. even obiwon has a better voice compared to faze. And d onyinye track beats kpo po di kpo hands down.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 1:20am On Nov 26, 2007
@sect

The award wasn't about music so what was it about. Pls don't let the "act" thing throw you off. Its everything wrapped in one, they're talking about a complete artist. There are no different genres or categories so they have to wrap everything into one. I thought it was a music award, what else could it be about apart from music Movies or Magic Tricks pls give us your own thoughts. I'm glad "jejelolatu" listed all the hits from the album for you, there are so many good songs on there that its actually hard to pick the best. It amazes me you keep justifying this "kolomental" song when u said yourself it a song about craziness. "Tattoo girls" u mentioned too is also a meaningless song that is just supposed to be catchy with no real substance. Honestly comparing these two guys does not make sense 2face has left this guy, faze can't even see his brake lights right now. Wasn't it after these two most recent albums were released that Akon, the guy u guys carried on your heads like a crown, came out openly directly from his own mouth that he didn't have a deal with faze but he's trying to work something out with 2face? The superiority just keeps getting clearer and clearer but u guys just keep denying. Sales, awards, shows, collabos, etc. Do u think its just by face an artists uses to get all that?? Pls lets get real!!! Theres really no comparison. I advise faze fans to open another thread and compare him to someone else, if faze is truly better than that person be rest assured my posts would be in favor of him
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 2:18am On Nov 26, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by MoOdYLaDy(f): 6:09am On Nov 26, 2007
@Mr me too

Well said jare, you couldn't have said it any better

I was on my way back to school when you posted that comment, couldn't help but laugh because I noticed you were loosing it
"Theres really no comparison. I advise faze fans to open another thread and compare him to someone else, if faze is truly better than that person be rest assured my posts would be in favor of him"

Have said it before faze fans enjoying frustrating people especially when the arguments isn't going there way
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2007
It seems u guys didnt read my post properly b4 replying,i said 2face's music ALBUM(grass to grace) not 2face music,so i no what am saying @jeje songs u named are 2face hits,none was a major hit,faze has a major hit & also has tatoo girls,need somebody,kpo kpo di kpo,loving u everyday as his other hit songs. And u guys saying dat there's no comparison btw faze & 2face should look up & tell me who's album is more prefered here.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 9:33am On Nov 26, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 9:42am On Nov 26, 2007
Sect, u said 2face doesnt have a song like kolomental, yeah u are right,for once , i agree with u. Tu face doesnt have a meaningless song in his album. even d danceable tracks have a clear cut meaning.e.g NO SHAKING and SEE ME SO. And dnt even tell me see me so was not a hit. D song doesnt even have a video, and yet it is dis popular. If love is a crime is d most popular love song in naija, do u even have any idea how many times d song is played on tv and radio? Abeg, give me another love song to compare it with, kpo di kpo doesnt even come close. Moreso, we have already established that tu is d best, so am not even going to waste time comparing.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2007
If any of these guys was obviouly better than the other, this thread wouldn't linger this long, their rivalry would subsist until their next albums,

Jeje if u think Obiwon is better than Faze then feel free to create a thread for that, ok

Faze any day
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2007
jeje dont try 2 twist dis issue,i only said 2face does not av a major hit,i neva said he does not av a dance song like kolo & i stil maintain dat kolo isnt meaningless.There's no reigning luv song now,it used 2 b obiwon's onyinye.2face's if love is a crime is an old song,dat its played on tv doesnt mean its d current hot love song,need somebody & kpo kpo di kpo is also played regularly on tv but dat doesnt make it d reignin song cos dey are old
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2007
Contd,
B4 kolo video was released d audio was hot,b4 imagine dat video was releasd,it was also hot as well,b4 yahooze video was done it was everywhere,so see me so isn't d only song like dat,& i biliv d reason 2face didnt do a video 4 d song was cos he was tryin 2 push if love is a crime 2 b a major hit(my opinion) &i also think dat faze,p square,dbanj are guys dat behaved like real artists by doing a video @ d right tym unlike styl plus & 2face
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:51am On Nov 26, 2007
U jst keep compiling ur crap on this thread
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:52am On Nov 26, 2007
U jst keep compiling ur crap on this thread
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2007
Hmmmm, so many issues up for clearance but I wont be able to clear anyone now due to my faulty laptop but I will very soon. All faze fans should be cool. Tosinadeda is becoming rude nd I think he needs some spanking, haba!!! Why must u call someone an idiot? Thats bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (72) (Reply)

Music: Download Travis Scott – Sicko Mode Ft. Drake / Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.