Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79531 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2007
Kolomental was the most popular song from 1st quarter to 3rd quarter of the year,when the video came out,it rocked the no. 1 spot in various tv/radio stations & the video really escalated the popularity unlike yahooze,so in terms of popularity,kolo got it & the song dat reigned afta/during it was stylee,it was later on dat yahooze rocked but dats over now cos p square's do me is the reigning hit.2face's see me so also had its own share of popularity this year.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2007
Blaah blaah
i don tire 2 talk
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2007
What?? I don't even believe you'll argue Kolomental is more popular than Yahooze. How? Time of release or not, Yahooze was simply way more popular. Then Kolomental is not meaningless but Yahooze is what a freaking joke. Gimme one thing that makes sense in Kolomental and I'll give u 2 that makes sense in Yahooze. Even over here a lot of people know Kolomental but not like Yahoozee, there is no Naija-anything that u'll gp for that Yahooze won't be played and let no one give me that crap about "u're not in naija, u don't know whats going on" because I do, I have enough family and friends to know whats going on there.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2007
Ijoya,  Why MeKolomentalYahozee, and lately Do me . are all hits of succeeding eras, Simple
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2007
But you know what, i have my reservations about the "hits" that naija artistes churn out these days. Must a song be a party jam with some fast beats b4 Nigerians would gbadun it? It' a sad trend that is doing our fledgling music industry little all or no good, all our (most)artistes do now is get a danceble and rythmic beat and some sing-along-hook and the unmistakable end product is 100% radio rotation, i could swear Psquare knew Do me was gonna b a hit just after some few studio sessions.

More baffling is that some few artistes acclaimed for their very artistic disposition are even falling to this fad, they now want to sing party jams too, so they can make a hit as well. I hope this is does continue. We want more Faze Alones, African queens, Crys, Greenlands, etc
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2007
I hope this is does not continue. We want more Faze Alones, African queens, Crys, Greenlands, etc
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2007
Faze alone ko faze on his own ni,nonsense
wut is dat song doing in the list of award winning songs? U might say green land hasnt won any but trust me it will
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2007
Faze Alone won Faze "Vocalist of the Year Hiphopworld Award 2005"his only award yet

Award or no award, that song is or was a hit, man don't be a spoil sport please
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2007
Hey, wat a gwan? Hope i havent missed much. I was busy watching d arsenal game. Am in a gud mood cos we beat wigan. So wats up here aside from d kolomental / yahooze issue.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Tayotere(m): 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2007
jejelolatu:

I was busy watching d arsenal game. Am in a good mood because we beat wigan.

Good to hear that girl wink
at least we ave some tin in common

GUNNERS 4 LIFE grin

anyway, the way this thread is goin me I no understand oh

kolomental was an instant hit even before it was dropped though the noise has gone down now (remember the law of diminishin marginal return)

Yahooze was kind of silent when it came out, i remembered when it was my favourite, som people around me where not just feelin it, then i used to think the song shuld be a hit,but then it was just gatherin momentum. now it is every where

so they are two good songs but with diferent tempo of popularity

okay what about 2face's SEE ME SO it was everywhere then but where is it now

I still maintain that
2face is more successful no doubt
but faze is better my submission kiss
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2007
Faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2007
LOL

you know what's funny about this R Kelly stuff and comparisons?

A little bird just told me that 2face is going to be working with R Kelly for his upcoming album!!!!!!!!! shocked I guess time will tell but it wouldn't surprise me as 2face has already had big collabos in the past with similarly big artists.

2face is too much o! All these well-known artists are collaborating with this man you all claim is minimally talented, just lucky, all about kennis, blah blah blah

and no, kennis music has nothing to do with his pending deal with R Kelly.

You heard it here first o. I'm sure more details will follow.

O boy has been spending lots of time in the U.S. hustling and getting his stuff together.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ tayotere, good to knw we have sumtin in common, u re right abt 2faze being more succesful, but based on what did u draw ur conclusion dat faze is better. Voice quality? Hmmnn, thats a tough call, considering dat we get to hear their songs after it has been processed in d studio. a lot happens in d studio if d producer is good, faze has really good producers,e.g cobhams, id cabasa and ojb. 2face also works with OJB. Show me a good / popular artist and i will show u a GOOD PRODUCER. E.g, DBANJ.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2007
@jeje, studio manipulation is where u r driving at abi? Well, u got to hear faze sing live and you'll modify ur post. I've watched live performances of both of them and faze is always better. He even uses live band at times, that's a real musician. I've not heard of tuface use a live band before.
@mrmeetu, yahoozee's video couldnt make it survive do me. Everywhere u go now, it's 'do me i do you, ' Phsykolomental will be the next hit
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by tosinadeda: 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2007
Fisayo u make me laugh
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 11:16pm On Nov 24, 2007
@tosinadeda, I suggest u attend basket mouth's show in abj for more laughter
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Mrmetoo kolomental is not meaningless,like i stated earlier on,the idea of the song is craziness,so it can't be compared with yahooze dat has an indescribable concept,also kolomental & yahooze had different popularity period,kolo was aired b4 yahooze,so it definitely had its time b4 it & you should av seen how the song was aired on tv when the video eventually came out.@jeje studio manipulation is uncommon in naija so lets not go there.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 11:22pm On Nov 24, 2007
@sect, no mind them. The fans asked for it and they got it. It was a special request so what's the rundown all about. Make una go rest abeg.
I just remembered, what's up wit intel reports? Or,
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by maximus77(m): 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2007
Lets just beleive on the reality, that Faze is a million above 2Baba, though 2face has already made the money, with just Africa queen which was composed by Faze, oh let say its out, Faze you are wonderful, so creative and above all hardworking.* love me alphabetical*
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by MoOdYLaDy(f): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2007
Have been thinking lately and have come to realized 9ICE is also better than faze,my conclusion was from rugged babe last album.

I listened to both track 9ICE and Faze, and to be real with your, 9ice ft rugged baba is 100% better than faze.

I will rather prefer 9ICE my ganja guy to faze, the dude got some talent kiss kiss
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2007
@sect
what do u mean yahooze has an indescribable concept The concept of the song came from the popularity of the dance. He capitalised on a reigning fad, faze capitalized on craziness.

@pheesayor

Someone said u were funny and I have to agree. The video, whether u like it or not, made that song so much more popular. Go to youtube yourself and check the number of views, thats a realistic, solid proof right there. "Yahooze" got more views in 2days than the entire time faze's "kolomental" has been there. U keep going back to these videos, at least I'm glad u have something to hold on to
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 11:38pm On Nov 24, 2007
@maximux77

"faze wrote African Queen". . . Don't worry keep psyching yourself it'll come true. All u guys that have to give false statements to justify faze is better. I really don't blame u. I mean how else?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 11:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
Pheesayor, i have also seen dis guys life, thou faze isnt in as many shows as 2face.b t w, most of d few shows faze has sang in, he usually has a dj playing his song. When i saw faze performing at d dome, his performance wasnt all that, cos he had to use a live band. Nywayz, have been listening to d plantashun boiz album . I must say, that the main person in dat group is BLACK FAcE. Dat guy is gud, hes voice and lines kinda made faze and tufaces verses blend. i wonder why he aint making it on his own.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by MoOdYLaDy(f): 11:50pm On Nov 24, 2007
maximus77:

Lets just beleive on the reality, that Faze is a million above 2Baba, though 2face has already made the money, [size=15pt]with just Africa queen which was composed by Faze[/size], oh let say its out, Faze you are wonderful, so creative and above all hardworking.* love me alphabetical*

LOL where do you people get your information from, plz research next time before posting crap!!!!!!!!oh okay

If his so creative and hardworking  like you said, why hasn't he succeeded yet.

The only creativity he has is "Pity and whinning" like a damn baby, LMFAO grin grin grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by concrete: 12:41am On Nov 25, 2007
LOL at faze writing african queen. some of his fans just like to make stuff up

2face HAS done performances with live bands before and faze doesn't always perform with live musicians. why is this even an issue. clearly, people think 2face is a good live performer as he's been to some 8 different countries this year alone.

it is not speculation but FACT that, REGARDLESS of when yahooze and kolomental were released, YAHOOZE is the bigger hit. they are both pretty stupid songs but they are fun and that's the purpose. these are club bangers and therefore NOT meant to be taken too seriously or to be deep in meaning/message

LOL at faze fans again, trying to justify the stupidity of kolomental. it's just about stating the obvious. must you guys argue EVERYTHING?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pheesayor(m): 2:56am On Nov 25, 2007
@mrmeetoo, yahoozee's video is long overdue so people have been expecting it 4 so long so the views will be definately high. Moodymoody, long time. There u go again tryn to bring faze down by comparing him to 9ice. 9ice is a talented artiste that adds yoruba addage/proverbs to his songs, that what makes him unique but he dropped an album months ago nd nobody heard of it. Their styles r different so they cannot be compared, shikena!!!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:49am On Nov 25, 2007
@pheesayor

Who said nobody has heard from 9ice, just because you haven't

let me tell you something u don't know, the guy is the hot thing in town, i might not live in Naija but i know people there will rather listen to his song than wasting their time playing kolomental, tattoo e.t.c. which makes absolutely no sense
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 6:26am On Nov 25, 2007
@mrmetoo are you sure yahooze's concept is from the dance cos whenever i listen 2 it,i hear words like hummer & mon tue wed thur boys dey hustle,also by mere watching kolomental video alone will tell u what the concept is but same cannot be said 2 yahooze & do u also know dat yahooze is rarely played on tv,its now psquare's do me,infact u cant compare the way kolo was aired 2 yahooze,pheesayor gave u the reason for yahooze's high views.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 6:27am On Nov 25, 2007
@mrmetoo are you sure yahooze's concept is from the dance cos whenever i listen 2 it,i hear words like hummer & mon tue wed thur boys dey hustle,also by mere watching kolomental video alone will tell u what the concept is but same cannot be said 2 yahooze & do u also know dat yahooze is rarely played on tv,its now psquare's do me,infact u cant compare the way kolo was aired 2 yahooze,pheesayor gave u the reason for yahooze's high views.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sect(m): 6:37am On Nov 25, 2007
@moodylady first,9nice are not hot in town though they are talented.secondly,that you prefer 9ice to faze doesnt mean it also applies to people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (72) (Reply)

Music: Download Travis Scott – Sicko Mode Ft. Drake / Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.