Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! (27013 Views)

Here Are 7 Things Your Partner Does Not Need To Know About You / Girls Used For Rituals By Their Yahoo Colleagues Do Not Deserve Your Sympathy / MEN!! Avoid SINGLE MOTHERS Like A Plague!! They DO NOT Deserve Pity!! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Franzinni: 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
Trust is a powerfool tool!!!!!
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by akigbemaru: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
Prec1ous:
I get seriously peeved when people talk about trust like it is their right or something they can just get without charges.

I find it very laughable that people believe that once they are In a relationship with you, trust automatically comes along as added advantage.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, TRUST is something else and it is a beast, but so everyone can follow, I will leave beast out of this.

Every one of us now have mobile phones, let’s call the PHONE our RELATIONSHIP then TRUST becomes the BATTERY.

As you know already, your phone cannot function without its battery, so your relationship cannot stand without trust.

We all know that already, but the issue we have now is on how people view trust, some just think of it as pizza that you just pick up as your own so far you have the cashor made an order.

Trust does not just come in one fell sweep, you can actually fall for someone immediately and love them with all your life but TRUST has to be built, you just do not fall in trust.

Like your phone battery, trust has to be charged continuously and if left on its own, the battery depletes and your phone or relationship in this case becomes null, void, and totally useless then it dies.

BUILDING TRUST IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP

Just like a house, you have to build your trust in your relationship step by step, block by block.

No one has a monopoly to it and once you are in a relationship, it becomes the duty of you and your partner to cater for the trust you share and charge it to 100% percent and nothing less!

There is a common deception in relationships, where one partner says you cannot touch their phones you just have to trust them, SERIOUSLY? That is the greatest scam of the century.

Trust grows on actions and perception, and one of those is being able to know what your partner is up to and not lost in the dark, have you seen a hunter in the night without his headlamp, he will just keep shooting blanks.

You cannot just trust anyone because you love them or you believe them a lot, they need to show you evidence in their actions and words, why they should be seen as trustworthy.

No one should demand for trust out of thin air, it is not your birth right and if anyone does that to you, that person is a fake, a sham, a con artist, a thief, a scammer and the list goes on.

If you are trustworthy enough, you should not be bothered about someone snooping through your phone, this is not just anyone but your partner, your WIFE, your HUSBAND and yet you hide chats and delete call history and you demand TRUST? Something is definitely wrong with you upstairs.

They will say what you do not know will not kill you, REALLY? People who die from food poisoning, were they aware that they are eating poison? People who get assassinated, did they know about the impending assassination? did the "Evans tha Kidnappers" victim know about their impending kidnap?

I could go on and on and show you why that logic is flawed, knowing everything you can about your partner will save you heart ache in the future, take that to the bank.

Do not ever be with anyone who demands for trust without working for it!

You cannot keep late nights and want trust.
You cannot keep all your friends as the opposite sex and expect trust
You cannot be secretive and expect trust.
You cannot hide your phone and expect anyone to trust you.
You cannot talk down on your partner and expect to be trusted.
You cannot keep telling bold faced lies and expect trust.
Loving you alone does not equals to trusting you.
Trust is not something you pick off the ground, you work for it.

Stop demanding to be trusted and make yourself TRUSTWORTHY!

SOURCE: How TRUST is the new SCAM: Stop this blatant lies about TRUST!

Author: Prec1ous

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Holyfield1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Skinni:
Lemme digest it first. I will be back
It's one month now and you're not back yet... Okay o!
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by NothingDoMe: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Prec1ous:
This will serve as a reminder to those who trust blindly
and you had to drag FTC.

Where is the trust?
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by chigoizie7(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
I agree with u 100%

2 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by thesuave10(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
Prec1ous.,. Your argument has not fully studied other parameters of the issue. Do you also know that a partner going through your phone at every single opportunity can be a sign that the partner doesn't trust you. Facts and studies have shown that people who find it incredibly hard to trust can't be trusted either. Now how does late nights and all the other gabbage you said relates to trust? Is late nights and friends with the opposite sex now an accurate measure of trust? undecided in your bid to make sense you have only shown folly. Going through my phone or not has nothing to do with trust..... Same with opposite sex issue.

2 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Oladeeone: 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
RuthDaniels:
I don't trust, but I give people benefits of doubt. In as much we all know not all humans can be trusted, but for the purpose of not hurting and loosing some emotional and good people,We have to learn to give chances.We still have some good people out there.
This is Gold,thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by talk2percy(m): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
I don't even trust myself and most of her friends are males and she sings it to me everytime to trust her. I dey craze
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by thesuave10(m): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Op also trust is multi dimensional...... You cannot trust someone 100% in all dimensions of trust..
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by madridguy(m): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nice write up.
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by fashrola(m): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
STOP asking her to TRUST you bro....PUT in PATIENCE, CONSISTENCY, LOVE and STRENGTH to EARN her trust and DESTROY her WALLS.....
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by JimD(m): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Love is trust. You take away trust, then you don't love.
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by dataking: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
internationalman:
I can't even trust myself much less someone else.
Sometimes I try to outsmart my shadow.

Practice makes perfection. Sharp guy

1 Like

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by chukzyfcbb: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Trusting in people gave my Dad High Bp that led to his death
and
it made my grand dad lose some properties at Key locations.
Ever since then, have learnt never to trust anyone.

I don't even fully trust my Family 100%, how much more a spouse. I have Trust issues and I am fine bout it.

I only trust my team FCB smiley 100%

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by YungRichG1: 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Same goes to that biatch *alenci* u lied to me every single day and i would always forgive u...i forgave all ur lies for 2YEARS and 3MONTHS..u wud hang out with all ur ex's and com bak telling me u wer in ur house.u wud compare me 2 every man on d street n still expect me 2 trust u..useless idi*ot . When i had finally had it up to my neck u started tellin me abt trust..hw can i trust u afta eveytin...i still love n miss u but its ova same goes with d trust i had 4 u all dashed 2 d wall....

Sorry 4 d outburst this topic just clearly expresses how i felt abt trust for a lying partner..

1 Like

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by greypencils: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
And what is the opposite of trust? Distrust...nothing kills a relationship more than that. When you have to explain your every move you make, your every word you say. Each person by default keeps a little of himself/herself no one is 100 percent open. And when such a person is seen to be hiding information, because you have learnt not to trust, distrust is your default position towards that person. Imagine i want to prepare a surprise birthday party for my woman and i do things secretly so that she doesnt find out, i call the caterer, a beautiful woman, meet with her a couple of times in other to get things right...and my partner suddenly finds out i am making such secret calls, if distrust is her natural default, how does she enjoy me. Lets say i am broke and i dont have the money to call daily but i do call every other day, a woman with trust issues will assume i am double dating, meanwhile i am just a broke guy trying to make ends meet. Trust should be earned agreed but it is wrong to have distrust as a default disposition. It is best to keep an open mind. Not trusting, not doubting either, Most especially not worrying too much what your partner is doing. You get yourself busy making money or being generally busy and let your partner crave for your attention. Have a semblance of not caring but keep your eyes open. And most importantly be in love but NEVER love a 100percent. You can give a 85-95...keep some sanity for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by groovie(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
This has got to be the best topic i have seen on nairaland all year long.

This proves the point that love is not effortless, its effortful. Love at first sight is not love but cathexis & erotic passion. The real love requires continuous work until the end.

Nice one OP

2 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Hedonistically: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
I've been at the forefront of this argument for a very long time now.

Any girl who parrots 'trust' and 'insecure' at the slightest provocation is a slut that you should get rid off immediately... Certainly not a wife or long term material.

I read the stupid comments of fake Nairaland feminists like coco whatever and the rest, and I just laugh. You'd see a dirty girl lament that why should her boyfriend or husband feel "insecure" just because she is traveling on a so-called official trip with her boss - where they would likely stay in the same hotel! Or why a husband should be insecure just because she has close male friends! Just imagine!

Foolish people.

4 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

Roger that...i will print this and post it to my wall so i will not forget wink
grin shocked
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
Interesting article
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by BabaIbo: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
That's how I trusted my gf until she confessed to me that she cheated on me during my NYSC program...though we are still dating because I forgv her but mehn my trust level for her is 0.00, though I gave her another benefit of doubt and if she act normal I will promote her benefit of doubt to confidence but as for me trusting her I don't think so...

what I'm trying to say is that you give people benefit of doubt to make them happy n loved, when they act well you build confidence in them... at a point u can decide to put your trust in/on them but that's up to you...
Benefit of doubt => Confidence => Trust

3 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Prec1ous(m): 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
thesuave10:
Prec1ous.,. Your argument has not fully studied other parameters of the issue. Do you also know that a partner going through your phone at every single opportunity can be a sign that the partner doesn't trust you. Facts and studies have shown that people who find it incredibly hard to trust can't be trusted either. Now how does late nights and all the other gabbage you said relates to trust? Is late nights and friends with the opposite sex now an accurate measure of trust? undecided in your bid to make sense you have only shown folly. Going through my phone or not has nothing to do with trust..... Same with opposite sex issue.

I respect your comment and your point of view. Just the way you are certain so also I am.

No one will check your phone if you don't act like a squirrel hiding nuts always.

I understand you.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Hedonistically: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
BabaIbo:
That's how I trusted my gf until she confessed to me that she cheated on me during my NYSC program...though we are still dating because I forgv her but mehn my trust level for her is 0.00, though I gave her another benefit of doubt and if she act normal I will promote her benefit of doubt to confidence but as for me trusting her I don't think so...

what I'm trying to say is that you give people benefit of doubt to make them happy n loved, when they act well you build confidence in them... at a point u can decide to put your trust in/on them but that's up to you...

Only a certain kind of man puts up with a cheating girlfriend. Sorry to say but it's not the kind of man any man should be proud of.

Nothing wrong with a cheating side chick or Bleep buddy or booty call.. That's part of the no strings attached unwritten rule. But a cheating girlfriend with the heavy commitment burden? Nope. You don't put up with that, unless you have no option. And if you have no option, then she would easily see through you and recognise what you are.. . A thoroughly inferior beta male.

2 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Prec1ous(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
YungRichG1:
Same goes to that biatch *alenci* u lied to me every single day and i would always forgive u...i forgave all ur lies for 2YEARS and 3MONTHS..u wud hang out with all ur ex's and com bak telling me u wer in ur house.u wud compare me 2 every man on d street n still expect me 2 trust u..useless idi*ot . When i had finally had it up to my neck u started tellin me abt trust..hw can i trust u afta eveytin...i still love n miss u but its ova same goes with d trust i had 4 u all dashed 2 d wall....

Sorry 4 d outburst this topic just clearly expresses how i felt abt trust for a lying partner..

I am sorry brother, but at least you are wiser now and no more room for complacency and blind trust.

Anyone who verbally asks for trust is a thief, you have to prove to be trustworthy.
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Prec1ous(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
greypencils:
And what is the opposite of trust? Distrust...nothing kills a relationship more than that. When you have to explain your every move you make, your every word you say. Each person by default keeps a little of himself/herself no one is 100 percent open. And when such a person is seen to be hiding information, because you have learnt not to trust, distrust is your default position towards that person. Imagine i want to prepare a surprise birthday party for my woman and i do things secretly so that she doesnt find out, i call the caterer, a beautiful woman, meet with her a couple of times in other to get things right...and my partner suddenly finds out i am making such secret calls, if distrust is her natural default, how does she enjoy me. Lets say i am broke and i dont have the money to call daily but i do call every other day, a woman with trust issues will assume i am double dating, meanwhile i am just a broke guy trying to make ends meet. Trust should be earned agreed but it is wrong to have distrust as a default disposition. It is best to keep an open mind. Not trusting, not doubting either, Most especially not worrying too much what your partner is doing. You get yourself busy making money or being generally busy and let your partner crave for your attention. Have a semblance of not caring but keep your eyes open. And most importantly be in love but NEVER love a 100percent. You can give a 85-95...keep some sanity for yourself.

Brother, a birthday is a one day affair in a year, or are you planning the birthday everyday?

I understand some women have trust issues, but it is a factor of how confident she is in you.

You gave a great input, and I learnt some things too though.

Thank you
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Prec1ous(m): 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
BabaIbo:

You already know the drill.

Love needs trust to be maintained, and that trust need to be worked for.

It is not a walk in the park.

1 Like

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
jamariwolf:
grin shocked

grin

ALOOOOHA! ♧

I dont see u around? Hope u doing great up there as u celebrate ur independence day.. grin
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by thesuave10(m): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Prec1ous:

I respect your comment and your point of view. Just the way you are certain so also I am.

No one will check your phone if you don't act like a squirrel hiding nuts always.

I understand you.

Thanks

Certain about a lie doesn't make it relevant. Your case is a flawed one tho. Wanting to go through your partner's phone at every given time is a sign of distrust... So your basically distrusting your partner before you even saw anything. That is a psychological problem. A mad man is "certain" that eating dustbin is good for him. Certainty has no weight on the validity of your argument. Also trust is multidimensional. For example. You can trust someone to be punctual but may not trust someone on something else. From your write up you're probably having issues with cheating.. Now do you know the Cool part of the psychology of distrust? cheesy it kills you more. It's similar to being paranoid cuz no matter how much the person tries to be open you'll never trust the person 100% in fact you'll start questioning why the person is so open.any little left untold or unshowed becomes a case. Trust me this is professional advice. See a therapist

2 Likes

Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

ALOOOOHA! ♧

I dont see u around? Hope u doing great up there as u celebrate ur independence day.. grin
yeah. I'm around, just coming from church. Independence celebration is freaking cool here.
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by IzyLuv(f): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
Had to log in to reply... Atleast I know I'm not insane for thinking like OP.

I particularly love this "Trust is not something you pick off the ground, you work for it."

Trust is earned and if it has been broken once, then more work should be done.

Talk about "Just trust me" Tor!
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
jamariwolf:
yeah. I'm around, just coming from church. Independence celebration is freaking cool here.

grin

Oooh I see..I never tot ur a religious man. wink

Anyway, so there will be a party today on your streets or fireworks maybe like the 4th of July celebration style?
Re: Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! by Prec1ous(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
thesuave10:

Certain about a lie doesn't make it relevant. Your case is a flawed one tho. Wanting to go through your partner's phone at every given time is a sign of distrust... So your basically distrusting your partner before you even saw anything. That is a psychological problem. A mad man is "certain" that eating dustbin is good for him. Certainty has no weight on the validity of your argument. Also trust is multidimensional. For example. You can trust someone to be punctual but may not trust someone on something else. From your write up you're probably having issues with cheating.. Now do you know the Cool part of the psychology of distrust? cheesy it kills you more. It's similar to being paranoid cuz no matter how much the person tries to be open you'll never trust the person 100% in fact you'll start questioning why the person is so open.any little left untold or unshowed becomes a case. Trust me this is professional advice. See a therapist

I still understand where you are coming from and it's great.

Thank you for stopping by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Pre-wedding Photo / Between Tiv Girls And Calabar Girls, Who Knack Pass? / Delta Chief Impregnates 15-yr-old Granddaughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.