Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38106 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Jonathan39: 8:21am On Sep 04, 2017
Are you sure you are in Nigeria?
Yyeske:
Lieing for Africa too, give us links to where Obiano asked for forgiveness and Buratai being investigated

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 04, 2017
Adminisher:

You have just said it. Igbos expected injury from Buhari. They expected the worst psychologically and got it. The truth is that I don't think Buhari hates Igbos but I am sure you hate him and you psychologically prepared for conflict. How is it possible that a region voted against someone 97% ?. What were you thinking?.It is very sick, very tribal. Yorubaland, Edo and middle belt were 60/40 APC.
Believe me Ibo land is not normal . The future will be very interesting for a people that do business trading with other lands, living in other lands and apparently hate other people.
is not by force to vote for someone u don't like, the reason why we hate him is because of the first experience we had with him when he was in power as a military head of state, we don't hate him for no reason

5 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by konoplyanka: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2017
CzarChris:
Remember you asked me to name one yoruba in Jonathan's top 5 and I named one, I could name more if you like, not forgetting that the south west produced president OBJ before then, so there is absolutely no basis for comparison. Remembering the past as a threat is definitely a no no for me. Remembering the past to learn from it is far different from the threatening undertone that statement held.

olusegun aganga was from Edo.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by natureem: 8:28am On Sep 04, 2017
AfonjaConehead:
A4onja abobaku
The fact that you tag every man with a tribal mark on his face Afonja shows you've never travelled out of your village for once.

You're free to quote me but am not here to reply cone head like you
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by wirinet(m): 8:30am On Sep 04, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Always talking nonsense.

Unite which tribes against the Igbos.

Kanu call has united all tribes against Buhari's government and Hausa Fulani nepotism.

For the first time in a long while, SE and SS governors now have meetings irrespective of party affiliation.

Christian Northerners warned the Muslim Northerners that they won't join them in Arewa.

All because of Kanu.

Wake up and stop talking like someone who drank to stupor.

I am sure you are under oath ( hypnosis)

You are under oath and by virtue of that oath you are under direct order from me - Ndubisi Kanu

Else you will not be telling outright lies.
SS and SE governors had been meeting from time immemorial, there is nothing special about the meeting this time, unless you are telling me to pledge support for kanu or for Biafra.

Name one tribe, just one tribe that is united with kanu on his biafran quest. Even some Igboid sub groups like Ikwerre and Anioma groups are dissociating themselves from Biafra.
Just one or two people from tribe is not enought to show the whole tribe support you.
Most leaders of Niger delta tribes have denounced IPOB and Biafra, I hope you will not scream Traitor or betrayal when the chips are down as usual.

Please visit the nearest spiritual church or shrine for deliverance to free you from the oath.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by mazimee(m): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2017
enimooko:
Nope. Kanu, Ndigbo, Eastern governors and the youths as well as GEJ were hand in gloves....Or is Osinbajo also less intelligent than GEJ tongue

Which Osinbajo? The Osinbajo that gets orders from Abba Kyari when the Dullard is on vacation or another Osinbajo?

Osinbajo has no grip on anything.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Teespice(f): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2017
same question I asked someone who claimed to be an ardent supporter of biafra, no cogent or coherent response.

you lots will be alright last last.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Gh0stFreak: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2017
It seems mynd44 is the mod in charge today, this is the second time this topic is being pushed to the front page

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Praktikals(m): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2017
mazimee:
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Some uninformed war singers didn't even know that Kanu started radio Biafra far back in 2009. That was even before Jonathan become the president. He blasted the hell out of Jonathan doing his regime in 2013 /2014 . He called him names, Kanu even visited Nigeria in some occasion while Jonathan was in power.

But you know what Buhari wasn't as intelligent as Jonathan. Buhari thought he was doing Kanu or the Biafra ideology, he had no one to tell him he was promoting the struggle.

A country that has a ruler that lack educational intelligence,even native intelligence will always pay heavily for it.
senseless post liked by pigs and idiots.
Nnamdi Kanu is going back to Kuje and heaven will not fall.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by FearGodinall: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2017
The Holy book (the Bible) says, wisdom is the principal thing and all thy getting; get undrestanding though I don't know what the Qur'an says about but buhari lack both wisdom and understanding and what you are seen is the result of his apague and dullness in governance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by linusbnn(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
GEJ lost the election and since they perceive they have lost in the scheme of things, they are now holding on to Biafra for relevance

Is that what you think?. You must be very sallow in your reasoning. So because GEJ lost his election,i will be bold to say "I will sacrifice my family for it". Have a re-read of what you wrote up there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by linusbnn(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2017
Adminisher:

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .

The bloodshed is not one sided. Remember you must lost one of your loved ones when it starts. Don't be too comfortable with nigeria call for war.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Digriz(m): 9:05am On Sep 04, 2017
Praktikals:

It pained you to the bone marrow. grin
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by linusbnn(m): 9:06am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Was Nnamdi Kanu on radio speaking against the unity of Nigeria at the time Jonathan was in power?

You have google,do some research and be informed.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by psp2pc(m): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2017
rummmy:
You will die first,is it by force to be together?yet you claim igbos are nigeria problems,why not let your problem go?

tell your brothers to leave the north and west first, then we know you are serious about biafra
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by steppins: 9:32am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

A better strategy would be to vote for Nnamdi Kanu and his compatriots as Governors in all the Southeast. That is the wise thing to do unless the people of the southeast are not really in support of the biafran movement.
Abeg, stop this nonsense! Will Pro-biafrans as governors and senators give igbos Biafra?
What's the essence of self determination when you indulge in politics?
Even if Pro-Biafrans were voted in, will they make up the two-thirds of the Senate?
Pretending not to know when you know, it's a clear case of stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by onunwa21(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2017
Shun Nepotism, u will see Biafra die a natural death.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by steppins: 9:35am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Because the only way to get your referendum for now is by war and hope you will be there at the warfront when it starts, don't pray for a war because I know you've never experienced a riot
We're already bored with the constant drums of war you guys beat, everytime Biafra is mentioned.
Come up with a better propaganda, we're not afraid.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by nzeobi(m): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2017
Tolexander:
Those sponsoring the agitation for Biafra were busy licking the icing on the national cake in Aso Rock when Jonathan was the president.
if you believe the agitation was sponsored by politicians why not name them.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by steppins: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2017
Praktikals:

See painment! That means supporters of Biafra are many and not just miscreants like your people keep telling others.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by 9japride(m): 9:39am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

[color=#006600][/color]

Buhari is an unrepentant bigot and an enemy of easterners region. Just like those who insult Ipob here everyday, when they get into position of power they will transfer their bigotry and hate towards the Igbos through negative government policies

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kenmoris22: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Because the only way to get your referendum for now is by war and hope you will be there at the warfront when it starts, don't pray for a war because I know you've never experienced a riot
go and pick ur dictionary see the meaning of referendum u stack illiterate
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2017
Kenmoris22:
I've vowed to and educate that guy no more. he's just a brainless zombie!
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2017
Kenmoris22:
I've vowed to and educate that guy no more. he's just a brainless zombie!.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 04, 2017
Tolexander:
either something is wrong with you or you are wrong with something!

Who doesn't know Nnamdi Kanu before the arrest, first preaching for the unity of nigeria before the establishment of that radio Biafra.

You are sincerely ignorant of the Kanu you even worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzcI9MUm4A

preaching for the unity of Nigeria in one video. do you know what he had in mind? do you know if he was fed up and decided that the best way for his people is to have their own nation? refer to the counter thread on fp. like i said dont be ignorant
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 10:00am On Sep 04, 2017
komekn:

Rubbish.

They were all busy sharing national cake.

Now there is no national cake to share they have remembered Biafra.

I have often wondered who is sponsoring Nnamdi, it's definitely not the hungry ill informed hallelujah crowd that run around him.

It doesn't matter whether some people are sponsoring him or not the truth is that majority of Igbos want Biafra.

So stop wondering, to avoid heart attack.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by jpphilips(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2017
ocelot2006:

First of all, I am not Igbo, and i'm equally not a proponent for secession. That said if you really think that the continued calls for secession will die down under this administration, especially with the continuous marginalization of the Igbos and the administration's own utterances and actions that have equally aided in stoking the flames of this whole mess, then you are dumber than i thought.

First I didn't ask if you are igbo, secondly, I have been in this country long enough to know that noise hardly get government attention, anybody can call for anything what matters is what you will get. Jonathan a pro igbo president during the confab said the unity of the country is a no go area, Buhari has said the same, two presidents on opposite side of the divide what does that tell you?
Weak minds think they are speaking from patriotism and love for country, they are both speaking the minds of a greater global force than you and I. The noise can last a lifetime for all I care, hoisting the Biafran flag is what really matters, that my friend isn't gonna happen in our lifetime except the global dynamics changes.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by jpphilips(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2017
vinlinks:

It doesn't matter whether some people are sponsoring him or not the truth is that majority of Igbos want Biafra.

So stop wondering, to avoid heart attack.

Majority of igbos based on which statistics? Videos of ignorant traders on rampage or the igbo drug dealers in diaspora sponsoring their movement, bros you have no idea what the majority really thinks.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by DJInfluence: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2017
the marginalization is over bearing now.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 10:56am On Sep 04, 2017
jpphilips:

Majority of igbos based on which statistics? Videos of ignorant traders on rampage or the igbo drug dealers in diaspora sponsoring their movement, bros you have no idea what the majority really thinks.

If you truly know that the majority of Igbos are not in support of Biafra why not conduct a referendum so that the issue of Biafra will die.

But you are scared because you know once the referendum is conducted the majority will vote in favour of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Bukast(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

answers
(1)the demand for biafra is more pronounced now because only few people knew more about biafra then. As the day comes and goes, more people understand the reason behind the agitation, when nnamdi Kalu was Arrested, he was made popular,people started reading meaning into what he has been saying,some felt cheated thereby making more people to call for biafra. people out of frustration due to the hardship in the country joined the agitation

(2) No, the agitators didn't forget rather ignorance was their problem, some never had any reason to call for biafra because they never knew about it until nnamdi Kalu gave them reason to, some of the agitators never knew what they have, nnamdi Kalu took his time to tell them what actually belongs to them and gave them reason to understand that they were not meant to suffer because God has blessed them. When the agitators was now well acquainted, they join the agitation

(3) those who knew about biafra wanted biafra but remember there must be a leader. Some of them out of fear kept quiet, suffering and smiling, some felt that all hope for biafra is lost so they kept mute.

(4) the reasonable expectation is to divide the country because the "biafrans" felt cheated in spite being blessed with natural resource to be wealthy, they felt they are not suppose to suffer. The igbos will ask "how do you expect one Nigeria when a real igbo man has never been president apart from nnamdi azikiwe since 1960.

(5) yes they want the hausa man to go and face his onions and cows because they were facing their onions and cows before the discovery of oil..the hausas were surviving before so don't think without oil they won't survive..don't lay much emphasis on oil.. some country survive without oil and they are doing fine..

(6) No it wouldn't have been easier for jonathan because there has to be an agreement, and the northerners are not ready to agree, it's not something jonathan will easily get, and if he force the call for biafra, it might lead to war. Also during jonathan's tenure, the economy was healthier than today's economy, people were not really suffering compared with our present day situation. Only the few people who knew about biafra never had a strong voice..present hardship made people join this agitation

(7) we are not willing to go back to 1967(war), we are not that foolish, no war because violence won't solve the problem, people have died,mothers fathers uncles aunties brothers sisters children, no need to go to war were more lives will be perished. Even nnamdi Kalu the leader of the agitation said "no war".. just peaceful protest and agitation....

Hope I answered your questions without any insult? Now I have my own question,please answer. Even if you are not in support of biafra or the agitation, are you happy about the situation of the country Nigeria??

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive / APC Promises ‘igbo Presidency’, Vows To Bury PDP / Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.