Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38110 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by lookingfly: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2017
why was bokoharam and northern elders disturbing during gej? if you answer this question, I will answer your question
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Esdb3: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2017
mazimee:
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Some uninformed war singers didn't even know that Kanu started radio Biafra far back in 2009. That was even before Jonathan become the president. He blasted the hell out of Jonathan doing his regime in 2013 /2014 . He called him names, Kanu even visited Nigeria in some occasion while Jonathan was in power.

But you know what Buhari wasn't as intelligent as Jonathan. Buhari thought he was doing Kanu or the Biafra ideology, he had no one to tell him he was promoting the struggle.

A country that has a ruler that lack educational intelligence,even native intelligence will always pay heavily for it.
its the ibo mentality.
Jonathan was from the east somewhat so they were cool. The ibos are really a very difficult smile-in-the-good egotistical people.

plus mmoney was flowing so they had no issue.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by suremanpatriot: 11:18am On Sep 04, 2017
Why did Jona Fr southsouth not giv his neighbors southeast bro referandum? Why did those aggressors not stop elections durin jona era. This is because this is truly the looters' game,they are all part of the game to loot naija dry,then cave out
a phoney country to spend their loots. These bullshitts aren't abt biafra is abt commerce among aristocrats and imperialists. It's all a sham carried out by their mercenaries. Unfortunately the gullible illiterate,uninformed followers who are fooled and manipulated daily are the victims dieing for nothing. Pitiable and pathetic generation of ill- informed and uninformed youths.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by paBuhari(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2017
While northerners have been producing ministers of the federal capital territory, Abuja since it was created by military FIAT based on northern claim that it is located in the north, and their undocumented vow that no southerner will ever be appointed as substantive minister of Abuja, Northerners have been heading ministry of petroleum, NNPC and virtually all its department despite the fact that oil is located in the south. Even NPA and Customs is headed by a northerners. When was the last time you saw a southerner heading customs for example? Same situation exist in EFCC. Who is the bigger fool here? Is this charade an illustration of ONE NIGERIA?

https://www.nairaland.com/4031804/nnpc-appointment-injustice-southern-cowardice
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Xfemt(m): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Maybe ..... And Jonathan shared money through amnesty. Maybe that's also why

Was Kanu even on radio during Jonathan's regime?
did u read Wht d guy said at all, plz read and don't b sentimental
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by sorom4: 11:36am On Sep 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Nobody prays for war and anyone who wishes that....
Oh yes! Nobody prays for war but some people through their body languages wants war to happen and they think that it is only the Biafrans that will be the victim
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Xfemt(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

You are not afraid of war? I am, so at least someone is.
so who is calling for d war, PMB or IPOB
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by don89(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2017
This is a good question, Buhari should have ignored Nnamdi KANU like Jonathan did thereby hyping the biafran issue. Buhari thinks he is still in the military regime.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by jpphilips(m): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2017
vinlinks:

If you truly know that the majority of Igbos are not in support of Biafra why not conduct a referendum so that the issue of Biafra will die.

But you are scared because you know once the referendum is conducted the majority will vote in favour of Biafra.

Nigeria doesn't take orders from igbos, bear that in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by paulnnaji25(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
I started listening to radio biafra since 201 though it was only on Internet and short wave then. Jonathan was wise enough to ignore nnamdi but Dr muhammed buhari thought that everything is by power. This is a game between power and intelligent. Let's see how the end will be. Let's go to box and how many igbos that are in support of nnamdi. For sure it not all igbos that want biafra but let referendum happen.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by paulnnaji25(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
don89:
This is a good question, Buhari should have ignored Nnamdi KANU like Jonathan did thereby hyping the biafran issue. Buhari thinks he is still in the military regime.
it is a game between power and intelligent. Let's see how it ends.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by paulnnaji25(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
Esdb3:
its the ibo mentality.
Jonathan was from the east somewhat so they were cool. The ibos are really a very difficult smile-in-the-good egotistical people.

plus mmoney was flowing so they had no issue.
yes igbos are very difficult and all that that w they want to go their way cos they are difficult and so all.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by remirez07(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now? Dump question.why was much killing in north while Goodluck was in power?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by remirez07(m): 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now? Dump question.why was much killing in north while Goodluck was in power?

dumb question. Why was much killing while Goodluck was in power?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by wirinet(m): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
paulnnaji25:
I started listening to radio biafra since 201 though it was only on Internet and short wave then. Jonathan was wise enough to ignore nnamdi but Dr muhammed buhari thought that everything is by power. This is a game between power and intelligent. Let's see how the end will be. Let's go to box and how many igbos that are in support of nnamdi. For sure it not all igbos that want biafra but let referendum happen.

What is 201? Who is intelligent? I hope you do not view shouts of Fulani, Yoruba bastard, Zoo, Animals, slaves and other derogatory terms as signs of intelligence.

I agree with you, Kanu should acquire some legitimacy by going to the ballot box, maybe governor, house of rep member or even a local government chairman, till then he is just another Yusuf, Shakau or tompolo. He lack legitimacy.

A referendum cannot happen because Kanu decrees it. It has to go through proper political channels. If a president unilaterally declares referendum without legal backings, its outcome will be rendered null and void by the courts, and the president faces impeachment for breaking the constitution. At worse, the military would step in in the guise of restoring the constitution which they swore to uphold.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Torylanez(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
mazimee:
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Some uninformed war singers didn't even know that Kanu started radio Biafra far back in 2009. That was even before Jonathan become the president. He blasted the hell out of Jonathan doing his regime in 2013 /2014 . He called him names, Kanu even visited Nigeria in some occasion while Jonathan was in power.

But you know what Buhari wasn't as intelligent as Jonathan. Buhari thought he was doing Kanu or the Biafra ideology, he had no one to tell him he was promoting the struggle.

A country that has a ruler that lack educational intelligence,even native intelligence will always pay heavily for it.

lie
lie
lie from the pit of hell
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by vinlinks: 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
jpphilips:

Nigeria doesn't take orders from igbos, bear that in mind.

I know no tribe is bigger than Nigeria. But what the Igbos are asking is not bad.

Or answer me, Igbos asking for referendum is it bad?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Killurself: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lmao..... Wow, what a fool. Biafra was strong in obj regime bros how old are u grin
you're the fool here, I should asked you how old are you? During obj biafra come up strongly led by Uwazubruike, print biafra currency later after a lot of struggle the politics melt down the struggle becos all are PDP members and Ojukwu was paid his retirement makes things calm.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by EternalTruth: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Basic123:
Igbos =PDP,TANs of 2011 elections(TANoids) and GEJ supporters of 2015

full meaning of TAN?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by AfonjaConehead: 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by enimooko: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
mazimee:

Which Osinbajo? The Osinbajo that gets orders from Abba Kyari when the Dullard is on vacation or another Osinbajo?

Osinbajo has no grip on anything.
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by ihatesycophant(m): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
wirinet:

You think you can lecture touts and high school drop outs on quantum physics or should I say quantum politics. IPOB has made Buhari popular and not the other way round. Buhari is truly unpopular right now because of his nepotistic and tribalistic appointments, but Kanu's has united all other Nigerian tribes against the Ibos with his insults and threats. This is the only reason buhari still has support in the south.

MASSOB had been campaigning for Biafra for decades, but it did not elicit this kind of hatred.

It is really annoying that IPOB cannot mention Biafra without attaching and insulting other tribes like Yoruba, other South south tribes apart from from their mortal enemy, the Fulanis.

In the event of a war, the Igbos will find very little allies in Nigeria.
I don't know why they cannot sit down and think and stop making more enemies to themselves. If ample number of Yoruba dislike your approach and you continues calling them unprintable names and also dehumanised them as zoo habitat, connote they are animals because it's only animals that lives in zoo. This is too bad and uncalled for. Same they do to Hausa and Fulani. Denigrating and dehumanising them because of self-bitterness they are wet to overcome. They also forgot the history that existed between them and the South South. Even if by convenient they marry together today, years to come they will still break up because they are not best of friends by history. Those that still know the history still harbour the feeling till date. Invariably, they had made every sections of the country their tribal enemies. That's too bad for a tribe.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by ihatesycophant(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
lookingfly:
why was bokoharam and northern elders disturbing during gej? if you answer this question, I will answer your question
Young man, no dispensation that doesn't have its own issue contending with
During OBJ, it was OPC, Sharia and Militant.
During Yar'adua, it was Militant, Boko Haram and MASSOB.

During Jonathan, it was kidnapping, Boko Haram, MASSOB Herdsmen and IPOB

Now, during Buhari, it is kidnapping, Boko Haram, Herdsmen, Militant and IPOB.

You may still be in primary school as at the time of Sharia palaver in the country and its attendant unrest occasioned with and the activities of Militants and OPC.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by lookingfly: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
you know all these and yet you are asking such a worthless question..... your concluding statement is obvious that u are childish, where were you then, in the university?
ihatesycophant:

Young man, no dispensation that doesn't have its own issue contending with
During OBJ, it was OPC, Sharia and Militant.
During Yar'adua, it was Militant, Boko Haram and MASSOB.

During Jonathan, it was kidnapping, Boko Haram, MASSOB Herdsmen and IPOB

Now, during Buhari, it is kidnapping, Boko Haram, Herdsmen, Militant and IPOB.

You may still be in primary school as at the time of Sharia palaver in the country and its attendant unrest occasioned with and the activities of Militants and OPC.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by ihatesycophant(m): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
konoplyanka:

olusegun aganga was from Edo.
Let him know that Olusegun Agaga is a minister designated, which every states expected to fill, same all states have today including BIAFRAN land. He should give you names of non-constitutional post that are Yoruba in Jonathan's government.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by ihatesycophant(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
lookingfly:
you know all these and yet you are asking such a worthless question..... your concluding statement is obvious that u are childish, where were you then, in the university?
Sorry young boy, you asked question, why was Boko Haram and Northern Elders disturbing Jonathan and I reeled out challenges of each dispensation but instead you went hayweird. Sorry ooo, I won't do that again if you stop asking stupid question.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by veek2(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jonathan was seen as their brother. He also structured corruption which Buhari is trying to collapse. So they are asking for either Biafra or restructuring of corruption.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by lookingfly: 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
lol...... look at this old slowpoke.
ihatesycophant:

Sorry young boy, you asked question, why was Boko Haram and Northern Elders disturbing Jonathan and I reeled out challenges of each dispensation but instead you went hayweird. Sorry ooo, I won't do that again if you stop asking stupid question.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by lookingfly: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
lol...... look at this old imbe.cile.
ihatesycophant:

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by ihatesycophant(m): 10:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
lookingfly:
lol...... look at this old imbe.cile.
You see how low you descended to. Abuse can never win an argument in life. The loudest voice don't ever win an argument. So you mean you cannot engage constructively without abuse. It's childish to start abusing in an intellectual discourse.
Let me still remind you your question. Why is it that Boko Haram and northern elders disturbed Jonathan?
I've taken time to reeled out every challenges in each dispensation but instead of you to appreciate me for educating you, you went low at throwing tantrum.
I've also say sorry, that I will not do that again but you must learn not to ask stupid question when you know next to nothing on political issues of the country. Nigerian political situations have grown beyond yesterday boys and girls.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
wirinet:

IPOB is a terrorist group using propaganda and lies to cajole frustrated youths to join them, just like ISIS.

IPOB storms church, tells Obiano no election in Anambra we want referendum

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/ipob-storms-obianos-church-chanting-no-election-anambra-want-referendum/

""IPOB is a terrorist group""

Pls define a terrorist group.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
Killurself:
you're the fool here, I should asked you how old are you? During obj biafra come up strongly led by Uwazubruike, print biafra currency later after a lot of struggle the politics melt down the struggle becos all are PDP members and Ojukwu was paid his retirement makes things calm.

Lmao. Bros pls show me pics/news of massob rallies, statements, sit @ home, fighting or destruction of government property or anything like that in objs regime.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Protesters Block Zainab Ahmed From Office As Finance Minister (Photo) / Rotimi Amaechi Lands At Port-Harcourt Airport Ahead Of Rerun Election. Photos / Atiku's INEC Server, Scam Of The Century (PM News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.