Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

"Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today (27530 Views)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / Nairalanders Ladies!!!!today Is No Bra Day / Which Type Of Single Are You? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Pataricatering(f): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
Why do men have a problem with women who don't feel marriage is the ultimate achievement ? The op seems threatened by women who do not need men ! lol . Marriage is great if you meet the right person but it's better to be single than marry the wrong person . From the op s use of the word ' slut ' for women you already know the type of man he is . Not worth much !

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
DeRay98:

If they keep this notion to themselves nobody will bother them but when they start creating "movement of pity parties" and misleading the next generation it becomes everybody's business.

It's not a movement. They don't just randomly burst into song, claiming marriage isn't for everyone. They air this opinion only in response to the never-ending questions from people who sometimes don't even have any legitimate stake in their lives: when will you marry? Why are you not married?

When people stop butting into the affairs of single women, bullying them to get married, they would have no cause to respond. Then we'll have some peace and quiet regarding this issue.

#mindyourbusiness

5 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by repogirl(f): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
And what about the men who choose to be bachelors for life?

This OP needs some education. People are wired differently. Some people just prefer to be single and manage themselves by themselves. It didn't just start recently, men and women have been doing it from time.

Apostle Paul was never married and adviced others like him who also preferred to remain single because marriage is hard work and it just wasn't for him.

I know a few people who also are not crazy about marriage. For those people, if the right person never comes along,they are very content at being alone. You can't understand it but it's just the way they are.

7 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by chukagates(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
ifeanyija:
so u will allow ur daughters have children for men with marriage?
like i said i will teach them to DAMN THE SOCIETY if having kids outside marriage makes em happy SO BE IT!!!

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by chukagates(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
ifeanyija:
so u will allow ur daughters have children for men with marriage?
like i said i will teach them to DAMN THE SOCIETY if having kids outside marriage makes em happy SO BE IT!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by chukagates(m): 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
Toks2008:

It's easy to say cos you are a guy.
i dont get u bro..
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by YelloweWest: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
Marriage is not for everyone joor. You can be single full filed and happy. Whether man or woman.

There are a lot of miserable people stock in useless marriages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
ugorom:
Haba na fight
Stop spamming my mentions.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by molotov1: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
goldbim

What say you on the topic ?
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by erico2k2(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
Lalas247:
Marriage is not for everyone

Same way having kids is not for everyone

Jheez we all have a choice some people will live together for 30 years no cheating happy family but they don't want to get married ... who cares ! It's what works for the individual and not what society thinks should happen " African society btw" rest of the world don't give a sh!t that's why economy they boom while we suffering cause na nonsense we they prioritise
In Nigeria it's for everyone . The reason behind this trend in the west is cos of govt backing . Just wait till the govt take away welfare cheque see if they dont change the orientation .
Also in Nigeria if a guy days to a woman **oh I only wanna date and not marry they (girl)run far.unless guy is rich .
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Lalas247(f): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
erico2k2:

In Nigeria it's for everyone . The reason behind this trend in the west is cos of govt backing . Just wait till the govt take away welfare cheque see if they dont change the orientation .
Also in Nigeria if a guy days to a woman **oh I only wanna date and not marry they (girl)run far.unless guy is rich .
Yes but even without welfare still more ladies work in the west in fact some more than men .. in the west it's nothing for a lady to be the sole bread winner

In Nigeria will they allow such even if the man is clear,y struggling due to misplaced pride .. but yet they marry n be populating the country even more ... pls pls it's not for everyone especially in Nigeria a lot should not even be thinking of marriage
Imagine one wanted to marry 20k monthly salary like is it by force to create another poverty run family

3 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
Lalas247:

Yes but even without welfare still more ladies work in the west in fact some more than men .. in the west it's nothing for a lady to be the sole bread winner

In Nigeria will they allow such even if the man is clear,y struggling due to misplaced pride .. but yet they marry n be populating the country even more ... pls pls it's not for everyone especially in Nigeria a lot should not even be thinking of marriage
Imagine one wanted to marry 20k monthly salary like is it by force to create another poverty run family
By your last phrase are you.insinuating that marriage is based on howmuch each persons earn ?
And sustainability of the family depends on such ?
Would that not amount to you agreeing with me ?
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by gare2510(m): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
For the right reasons yes marriage is not for everybody.

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Lalas247(f): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
erico2k2:

By your last phrase are you.insinuating that marriage is based on howmuch each persons earn ?
And sustainability of the family depends on such ?
Would that not amount to you agreeing with me ?
No it isn't solely based on income but it does play a huge role when starting a family as love doesn't pay bills
Guess I might be agreeing with a little bit of your point ..

In all it isn't for every one smiley
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ugosample(m): 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
Pataricatering:
Why do men have a problem with women who don't feel marriage is the ultimate achievement ? The op seems threatened by women who do not need men ! lol . Marriage is great if you meet the right person but it's better to be single than marry the wrong person . From the op s use of the word ' slut ' for women you already know the type of man he is . Not worth much !

Some men are just insecure, that's all.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ugosample(m): 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
erico2k2:

It's not for every one anywhere, even in Nigeria

My mother had three aunties and an extended uncle who did not marry.

Besides, your talk about government backing is not exactly trye; because there are MANY single and successful men and women in the west, especially in the U.S. and to an extent, Australia

So how does welfare checks come in?
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by erico2k2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
Lalas247:

No it isn't solely based on income but it does play a huge role when starting a family as love doesn't pay bills
Guess I might be agreeing with a little bit of your point ..

In all it isn't for every one smiley
Ok you see in the west not getting married does not equate to No man or living under same roof . Women in the west will live under same roof with thier partner but won't get married But the Nigerian agitation is way different from this sort of cohabitation . There is no logical reason as at yet to say that phrase . Unless they are using it in such a way to promogate failure on the part of society for them not being married .
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by erico2k2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ugosample:

It's not for every one anywhere, even in Nigeria

My mother had three aunties and an extended uncle who did not marry.

Besides, your talk about government backing is not exactly trye; because there are MANY single and successful men and women in the west, especially in the U.S. and to an extent, Australia

So how does welfare checks come in?
1 government support you when you are married ie your tax code changes
2 you get working tax credit
3 you get child tax credit
4 your maternity and paternity leave is paid
5 you get help with child care
6 therr is massive support for single parents ie the man must pay child support.government gives you house free or cheap

You want me to go on??
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ugosample(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
erico2k2:

1 government support you when you are married ie your tax code changes
2 you get working tax credit
3 you get child tax credit
4 your maternity and paternity leave is paid
5 you get help with child care
6 therr is massive support for single parents ie the man must pay child support.government gives you house free or cheap

You want me to go on??

Okay
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by falconey(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
repogirl:
And what about the men who choose to be bachelors for life?

This OP needs some education. People are wired differently. Some people just prefer to be single and manage themselves by themselves. It didn't just start recently, men and women have been doing it from time.

Apostle Paul was never married and adviced others like him who also preferred to remain single because marriage is hard work and it just wasn't for him.

I know a few people who also are not crazy about marriage. For those people, if the right person never comes along,they are very content at being alone. You can't understand it but it's just the way they are.

And if otherwise let me guess they would welcome him/her and consider marriage? LOL

If that is the case, such people shouldn't say marriage isn't for them.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Paulpeps(m): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
*Ladies being single ends at 25.You can't be 26+ n ur talking of being single.*
*Your not single BT Unmarried*
*Say after me*
*I am U.N.M.A.R.R.I.E.D*
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by 701ecilana: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes o, 45.

I am not married yet because i have been actively pursuing my PHD. I have two PHDs now.

Yes I am Yoruba

See my picture below
Babe you are gorgeous. Black Beauty.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Blade50002: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Don't let these failures screw up your marriage goals. There are men looking to marry. The men are just not looking to marry them. Another reason is that their mates don't marry them because they are chasing and marrying younger women. Then the much older men are already married and just want them as side-chicks. When they analyze the situation they now use their new national anthem "Marriage is not for everyone to deflect from their shortcomings. It is also used in hope that more women will shun marriage and join their losing/baby mama team. The problem is that Naija chicks are winning in general. Every Saturday there are weddings. It's just that the wedding is not theirs. They should shut the fxxx up.

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by arukwe123(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
They only want to justify their act of fuvking around.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by goldbim(f): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
molotov1:
goldbim

What say you on the topic ?
hmmm,to each his own!!they have their reasons best known to them so I can't blame them!!

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Rozaytee: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
Omo its tru oo...marriage is not for everyone...lol i have a neighbour..who is 52years...she lives on her own not married and is absolutely happy with it...i wonder how she copes cus she always look happy ,dresses nice and eats a lots....she is just enjoying herself alone..
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by williamdeluxe(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
marriage truly isn't 4 everyone... bkuz we keep on dating 4 d wrong reasons...
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by afroxyz: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
Marriage is not for everyone no doubt. But every child needs parents not a genitor/genitrix
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ishilove: 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
lafflaff123:

No. I no want again.
No o, you must come o!!
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by afroxyz: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes o, 45.

I am not married yet because i have been actively pursuing my PHD. I have two PHDs now.

Yes I am Yoruba

See my picture below

Ishi leave the haters. Only those that know you, know you

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ishilove: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
afroxyz:

Ishi leave the haters. Only those that know you, know you
Hahaha! Abi o. cheesy

How you dey na? Its been quite a while
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ishilove: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
701ecilana:

Babe you are gorgeous. Black Beauty.
Thanks dear wink kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Slams Guitar On Proposing Boyfriend's Face (photos) / Can You Marry A Girl That Refused To Date You Several Years Ago? / Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.