Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,918 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

"Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today (27546 Views)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / Nairalanders Ladies!!!!today Is No Bra Day / Which Type Of Single Are You? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by oloyede252(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
TGoddess:
You're my padi of laive.
Bro anytime I see that statement I just pity the guy...
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by oloyede252(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
repogirl:
And what about the men who choose to be bachelors for life?

This OP needs some education. People are wired differently. Some people just prefer to be single and manage themselves by themselves. It didn't just start recently, men and women have been doing it from time.

Apostle Paul was never married and adviced others like him who also preferred to remain single because marriage is hard work and it just wasn't for him.

I know a few people who also are not crazy about marriage. For those people, if the right person never comes along,they are very content at being alone. You can't understand it but it's just the way they are.

funny enough the op never said marriage is for everyone so why you stressed up

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by AreaFada2: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
I agree with her. I wish such people would recognise themselves and not marry at all than to constitute a massive headache to future wife/hubby. The world would be better with far less domestic agro.

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by afroxyz: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Hahaha! Abi o. cheesy

How you dey na? Its been quite a while
You just bone me na. I'm good
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ishilove: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
afroxyz:

You just bone me na. I'm good
I no bone you o. Na where you park me I kuku stay.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
oloyede252:

Bro anytime I see that statement I just pity the guy...
Why?
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by oloyede252(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
TGoddess:
Why?
it's a pitiful statement used on guys who doesn't know their place..
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by 701ecilana: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Thanks dear wink kiss
Yeah.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by lereinter(m): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
good news

do u know how sweet it is to be dating a gal who is not interested in marriage

f.cuking without tension, when u ve small change u just call her for action...
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
oloyede252:

it's a pitiful statement used on guys who doesn't know their place..
What `place'
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by maasoap(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
tintingz:
Is marriage meant for those that were killed or maltreated by their spouse? Do you know how traumatized and regretful they will be?

Reading stories of a couple killing his/her mate is scary so it is normal for singles to be caution and conscious about it.

This is reality and not happy ending fairy tale story.
Now, you're discussing something else entirely.
I think we're discussing people who never married but still going about telling others that marriage is not for everyone.
If a particular relationship is turning out to be abusive, the other partner shouldn't hesitate to walk out of such relationships. I don't have problem with divorce or separation if necessary.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
SuperSuave:
No biggie, I don't plan on ever getting married myself though I'll like to have a child or two
so you want to continue the hit and run trend? No problem grin grin
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
If marriage is not for you, marriage is for me.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by fumiswtpusy(f): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Thanks dear wink kiss
Go and marry,stop giving excuses.if you can't contact me let me take you to prophet.
I don't have respect for very old single ladies.

2 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by babapressy(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Ugosample(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Go and marry,stop giving excuses.if you can't contact me let me take you to prophet.

You should be ashamed of yourself tho

But hey; everyone has a right to their opinion

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by TheSpellChecker: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
Zendinho:

Pls if u want to bash, kindly do that with the correct and appropriate grammatical composition....

ITS HIGH TIME YOU GOT......and not what you posted before.

Please always make sure you're correct before making any attempt to correct another person.

It's IT'S and not ITS.

It's = It is.

ITS is just a possessive pronoun.

I hope I've made myself clear? grin
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Cinderella5(f): 6:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
I will love to get married so I can eat all his money tongue
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by tintingz(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
maasoap:

Now, you're discussing something else entirely.
I think we're discussing people who never married but still going about telling others that marriage is not for everyone.
If a particular relationship is turning out to be abusive, the other partner shouldn't hesitate to walk out of such relationships. I don't have problem with divorce or separation if necessary.
I stated that in my previous post, that singles read, witness stories of married couples killing one another, maltreatment, this is scary to singles guys and ladies. And many singles have been into relationship and like you said some experienced hell in the relationship which makes them give up marriage.

I know some people who are not married due to some circumstances that happened to them and know some who married very late.

There are some married people regretting being married, marraige is a beautiful thing no doubt but it is not meant for everyone. I believe happiness should comes first, if someone find happiness in marriage good for him/her and if someone find happiness not getting married good for him/her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by SuperSuave(m): 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
so you want to continue the hit and run trend? No problem grin grin
variety is the spice of life smiley
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by maasoap(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
tintingz:
I stated that in my previous post, that singles read, witness stories of married couples killing one another, maltreatment, this is scary to singles guys and ladies. And many singles have been into relationship and like you said some experienced hell in the relationship which makes them give up marriage.

I know some people who are not married due to some circumstances that happened to them and know some who married very late.

There are some married people regretting being married, marraige is a beautiful thing no doubt but it is not meant for everyone. I believe happiness should comes first, if someone find happiness in marriage good for him/her and if someone find happiness not getting married good for him/her.
Well, I can never allow someone's else unhappy married life to shape my opinion about marriage. It's wrong, very wrong.
When we understand marriage, we'll discover that it is more than two strange people cohabiting. Marriage rocks.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by tintingz(m): 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
maasoap:

Well, I can never allow someone's else unhappy married life to shape my opinion about marriage. It's wrong, very wrong.
When we understand marriage, we'll discover that it is more than two strange people cohabiting. Marriage rocks.
In life you have to be optimistic and pessimistic that's what shape reality, you can't stick to one side and pretend the other side isn't happening.

Like I said I believe happiness should come first and ofcos marriage is a beautiful thing but not meant for everyone, it is not by force for everyone to marry.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Zendinho(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
TheSpellChecker:

Please always make sure you're correct before making any attempt to correct another person.

It's IT'S and not ITS.

Afonja.....
It's = It is.

ITS is just a possessive pronoun.

I hope I've made myself clear? grin
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
Things I've seen from this thread
1. Some men here are bitter against women, Some women don do me strong tin, some have positively changed my life.. ..,was bitter at first, but then I realized I wasn't counting my blessings (being saved from Karashika included). Summary is that it doesn't pay to be bitter.. .it poisons life. Live right and leave it to God ....God takes care of his own. But some men here are exceptionally mature.
2. Some ladies here are something else.. ...guys should just avoid them and focus on their lives. For those genuine sisters who build a man rather than tear him down, may God give u a true man who loves u so u can both fulfill destiny together. For the karashikas, well Jesus still saves. Seeds grow, don't sow bad ones into your life.
3. The level of animosity between the sexes is too much, just focus on doing something to make the world a better place, evil or good is not a consequence of gender. Leave bitterness.
4. Above all guys, be wise, fear God and live right.
This generation of youths fighting over irrelevant stuffs while the older generation ruins our future. Smh
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by maasoap(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
tintingz:
In life you have to be optimistic and pessimistic that's what shape reality, you can't stick to one side and pretend the other side isn't happening.

Like I said I believe happiness should come first and ofcos marriage is a beautiful thing but not meant for everyone, it is not by force for everyone to marry.
And is it by force to let pessimistic attitudes of some losers affect my decision about marriage?
Good and bad exists. The question is why should I let the bad experience of someone be the basis of my resolution?
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes o, 45.

I am not married yet because i have been actively pursuing my PHD. I have two PHDs now.

Yes I am Yoruba

See my picture below

grin grin PhD fall on you

3 Likes

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by lafflaff123(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

No o, you must come o!!

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by lafflaff123(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Savage.

But did you see her picture?she just needs to stop eating.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Coldfeets: 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
Sabrina18:
If marriage is not for you, marriage is for me.

Good girl.

Abeg come make I marry you.
Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by Coldfeets: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
chukagates:
like i said i will teach them to DAMN THE SOCIETY if having kids outside marriage makes em happy SO BE IT!!!

Liar.

I hope you've realized how selfish you sounded?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends / It Gives Me Pleasure When A Woman Makes Me Her Slave-nigerian Man Cries For Help / Should I Tell His Wife That He Is Having An Affair With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.