Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo (7594 Views)

Ignored By Ijaw Man, Bailed By An Hausa Man / "I Am Ijaw Cultured Igbo Man" - Asari Dokubo / An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Shineon1: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
If Nigeria is not a nation, what is it then? South South, South east what difference does it make. Some who claim to be from south south were initially from the east. Now, the problem is 'black gold'. Asari said he is an Ijaw man. Is it only the Ijaws that will secede from Nigeria? It is a funny thing. Even if Niger Delta should go with all the oil, internal strife might still prevail. Then villages will say I was not consulted before formation of Niger Delta or whatever name is intended for the Utopia. I must confess, I really don't like Nigeria the way it is but instead of looking for country specific solutions, we are looking for who should get the most blames. Yes Nigeria was never but in 1960 became, now is, and hopefully will be. Secession doesn't make the difference but the people can. God helping us, "We shall Overcome" L.B. Johnson.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by An0nimus: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2010
@0P
So?. . .make we begin dey jump?er'body got they rite to say wat they wan say.Freedom fighter ko,freedom fighter ni. . .not seen real ones of late in this geographical space called Naija.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by 0hsisi: 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2010
Any Ijaw man that says he's not Nigerian,ought to be stoned to death grin
What did his fathers fight for?
When it came to "abandoned property" they denied their cousins and brothers and became  Nigerians  to steal homes they did not work for,now they want to deny their heritage because they've wisened up
I say fa fa fa fawul!
It hasn't even started
This is just the beginning
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by SapeleGuy: 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2010
Asari has a right to say what ever he wants and for the record, on this issue he is 100% correct. This man has displayed more integrity and leadership than most leaders in Nigeria. Go and check his record of politics and activism before the days of abacha

Ndu-chuks - As bad as you have tried to paint the niger delta folks, we all know that none of them will denigrate themselves and their people by choosing to rule from ambulance. It is instructive to note that a few days ago you were in support of impeachment but you don change your mind because you see picture of ambulance.

Enjoy this vintage clip of Asari dealing with one of your 'colleagues' from NASS

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylv65fgK8jM[/flash]
[quote][/quote]
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 12:25am On Feb 27, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Ndu-chuks - As bad as you have tried to paint the niger delta folks, we all know that none of them will denigrate themselves and their people by choosing to rule from ambulance. It is instructive to note that a few days ago you were in support of impeachment but you don change your mind because you see picture of ambulance.

SapeleGuy, try to be respectful and honest in your posts. I love niger delta people and do not insult them or paint them negatively as you are implying. However, I will call terrorists terrorists, rogues rogues, and thieving thieves thieves, even if they are niger deltans. Deal with it!

You can mock Yar'Adua all you want, I will not participate in that, I will only wish him a quick recovery. The man is in Nigeria and we should wish him well. There is no point in impeaching him at this time, besides your own representative does not have the guts to initiate an impeachment proceeding.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Onlytruth(m): 1:34am On Feb 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

SapeleGuy, try to be respectful and honest in your posts. I love niger delta people and do not insult them or paint them negatively as you are implying. However, I will call terrorists terrorists, rogues rogues, and thieving thieves thieves, even if they are niger deltans. Deal with it! 

You can mock Yar'Adua all you want, I will not participate in that, I will only wish him a quick recovery. The man is in Nigeria and we should wish him well. There is no point in impeaching him at this time, besides your own representative does not have the guts to initiate an impeachment proceeding.

ndu_chucks, but come to think of it, how come the north is so fanatical about keeping power in Nigeria? Frankly it amazes me at the tenacity with which the north clings to power as if for air! Na wa o! It is possible that Yar adua is dead or comatose, what is the sense in flying him to Aso rock? Why not him staying in Saudi Arabia to fully recover if he is not dead? Why come back in this idiotic state?  Is power more important than his life Chineke ekwena ife ojoo. shocked Wrings fingers and shakes head in amazement and disbelief!
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 2:19am On Feb 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

ndu_chucks, but come to think of it, how come the north is so fanatical about keeping power in Nigeria? Frankly it amazes me at the tenacity with which the north clings to power as if for air! Na wa o! It is possible that Yar adua is dead or comatose, what is the sense in flying him to Aso rock? Why not him staying in Saudi Arabia to fully recover if he is not dead? Why come back in this idiotic state? Is power more important than his life Chineke ekwena ife ojoo. shocked Wrings fingers and shakes head in amazement and disbelief!

There you go blaming the North again. I suppose obasanjo is a Northerner, did he not try for third term? Its not about North or South, its about power. Power is like a very strong alchoholic beverage or a gorgeous babe, it gets one drunk. Turai and members of the kitchen cabinet do not represent a majority of Northerners, so stop using recent events as an excuse to bash Northerners.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by ziga: 2:35am On Feb 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

There you go blaming the North again. I suppose obasanjo is a Northerner, did he not try for third term? Its not about North or South, its about power. Power is like a very strong alchoholic beverage or a gorgeous babe, it gets one drunk. Turai and members of the kitchen cabinet do not represent a majority of Northerners, so stop using recent events as an excuse to bash Northerners.

Tell them ooo. Mr ndu_chuks. If we keep thinking with small minds, we will never get out of this mess.

We divide ourselves, fight ourselves and blame ourselves for crimes commited by a few people who represent every geopolitical zone in the country.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by styles2009: 4:08am On Feb 27, 2010
@ [/b]Every Nigerian
To all those raining insult on [b]Asari Dokubo
don't you all forget that ,he's a brave,respected and feared leader among his people and the whole of the Niger-Delta.
If only we, the southerners would give people like him the opportunity for him to lead us and fight for our freedom but we choose to nail him on the cross and as a result,we have a vegetative President running the affairs of 150 Million healthy citizen. (Only in Nigeria, snail of Africa!)

Don't you sometimes feel ashamed carrying that green passport ,whenever you get singled out in every Airport for further questioning? This is due to some illiterates,pretending to be our leader.

During the OBJ regime, he brought the money making machine of Nigeria to its knee,asking for equal distribution of wealth but many labeled him a Rebel and Thief, watch his videos on youtube, he was selling Petrol below the Govt approved price and People like him for that cos he provided people in his environment with, what the Federal government could not achieve (Petrol below pump price).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylv65fgK8jM&hl=en_US&fs=1&

He also asked for Compensation for pollution in the Niger-delta but the FG thinks its a normal thing to destroy and deprive people from their means of livelyhood, About a week ago in Northern Italy,There was an Oil spill from a Refinery and it enter the famous river Po, as for now, people are worried about the damage it would cause to the Ground water and other aquatic life living in and around the River.

Why did i bring that up? when i saw it on TV, it remind me of Niger-Delta and i came to my senses,that no one even care about the unending gas flaring and water pollution in the Niger Delta.

As a reminder,its only in Nigeria people get punish for trying to do or make things right, Asari,Ribadu,el Rufai and thousands of others in detention in various government center across Nigeria.

We need a revolution and start supporting such leader cos its our only Hope.

N:B Asari you would always be my Hero and hope to hear more from you soon.
Styles
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by styles2009: 4:19am On Feb 27, 2010
@ [/b]Every Nigerian
To all those raining insult on [b]Asari Dokubo
don't you all forget ,he's a brave,respected and feared leader among his people and the whole of the Niger-Delta.

I am a Lagosian not a Nigerian!
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by EzeUche(m): 4:27am On Feb 27, 2010
Damn it I am an Igbo before I am Nigerian.

However, I do not support Asari's cause. I am still bitter that many of my family's property was deemed 'abandoned property' during the war.

My father's father definitely took a hit on his finances.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 27, 2010
Damn it all, I'm Igborian grin, , Igbo Kwenu!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Onlytruth(m): 9:10am On Feb 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

So, let me follow your logic, you mean that the comatose Yar adua commanded the brigade of guards to deploy? Or that the nearly dead president is controlling all the ministers who still take orders from him instead of the acting president? 
If Yar adua is a southerner, do you think this drama would have lasted more than one day? Ol boy sometimes you should at least try to remember that the rest of Nigerians are human beings instead of cows.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Nayah(f): 9:39am On Feb 27, 2010
It's sad in Africa some people remains secessionists! Africa and so that Nigeria must be one and undivisible, we can have some different traditions or cultures but share the same country and love for this country, unless he doen't love his homeland.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by SapeleGuy: 9:46am On Feb 27, 2010
ndu-chuks - I strive for honesty, hence my belief in equal rights and justice for all our ethnicities. I wish all sick Nigerians a speedy recovery, I also pray that their health facilities can recieve a dramatic improvement or that the government can fly all terminally sick Nigerians abroad for treatment. Amen

The only mockery that has taken place is that instituted against our beloved nation, the constitution and the future generations of nigeria. People who are patriotic will not behave in this manner, this behaviour is disgraceful why can't you come out and castigate it, instead of the emotional blackmail and pointless name calling you are engaging in.

EzeUche- Please go and find out who Frank Opugo was and his contribution to Biafra.
After you have done that please tell everyone what has been stopping you from instituting a court case to reclaim the said abandoned property?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by beeke(m): 11:55am On Feb 27, 2010
SapeleGuy:

ndu-chuks - I strive for honesty, hence my belief in equal rights and justice for all our ethnicities. I wish all sick Nigerians a speedy recovery, I also pray that their health facilities can recieve a dramatic improvement or that the government can fly all terminally sick Nigerians abroad for treatment. Amen

I so much appreciate ur input some times i alwayz ask myself this question y is it that anytym a government officer catches cool b4 u said tom and Jerry he\she is in d next available flight to another country 4 med checkup when hundreds if not thousands of poor nigerians die daily as a result of poor health facilities and everyday wot i hear is G.O.T.P.B.T.P.F.T.P. imagine mr president staying close to 3months in a foreign land receiving treatment do u know how many millions if not billions according to GOV over invoicing have bin spent on one old dying man in the expense of the future generation, somebody once said in a seminar that if our leader then OBJ will be sincere enof to tell us how much nigeria gets in oil revenue just in a day then multiply it to a month u will then know how rotten and corrupt dos criminals called leaders can be.
@poster Asari has every right to say wot he said depending on how u understand and interpret his statement with the show of SHAME going on rite now in 9ja belif me one should be ASHAMED to be called a 9jerian
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by majorman1: 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2010
people like asari dokubo should be locked away till the end of time. he crosses the netherland airport by claiming to be a nigerian, only for him to arrive at the meeting venue and be shouting that he's not a nigerian.

everybody think let's break up. even people from niger delta that have no oil in their village say let's break up. you think your leaders who are enjoying the status quo will listen to you myopic views?

so if there is no unity we cannot look for how to unite. we should look for how to part ways. it's a shame that this is the most intelligent view that comes from people who claim to be be educated.

even people from south-western nigeria think that they'll be allowed to share in the oil money and some of them are saying let's break away. you'll receive a shock because there is no oil in your village.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by MrCrackles(m): 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2010
Topic. . .
Dokubo i dont give a flying monkey if you are from Nepal
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by beeke(m): 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
major man:

he crosses the netherland airport by claiming to be a nigerian, only for him to arrive at the meeting venue and be shouting that he's not a nigerian.

dont be 100% sure cos u were no where near d airport d day he left 9ja so only say wot u know
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Sonofpeace(m): 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2010
I assent with the statement of Dokubo depending on the motive behind his assertion. Those who are calling him names are doing so because they have not had any opportunity of living outside the shores of this nation. Due to the current happenings in the country, It is an insult, disgree and tragedy for one to be known and called a Nigerian. Come to think of it if you travel to the US, how will you wish to be identified? As a Nigerian or As an African?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by vislabraye(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
The leaders are bigger criminals than he is. Out of all the people who have given Naija a bad name, the Ijaw nation is the least.

So I don't blame him for saying so. Who are those that embezzle the most ? Who have emptied the National treasury? Majority are from the North and elsewhere in Naija.

I dont know his motive for saying what he said, but you can't completely ignore it.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
And in what country is ijaw land located or has it sundenly turn to a country?
This man is a joker tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by citizenY(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
quote from Udezue today

If Yar adua is a southerner, do you think this drama would have lasted more than one day? Ol boy sometimes you should at least try to remember that the rest of Nigerians are human beings instead of cows.

Ask your brothers in the FEC, National Assembly and The political parties.

Do they have any fire in them? Or have they sold out? And U 2 ? Where is your spunk?

When we say it is an elite problem, u say no, northerner this , northerner that.There is no abuse you have not levied . Am I justifed to now call you a cow?
Do I say Udezue is a cow or all his people are cows?
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by mamagee3(f): 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
I can't laugh at this illiterate. grin grin
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by SapeleGuy: 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2010
Come to think about it, what does it mean to be Nigerian? Asari is merely stating that his ethnicity comes first before Nigeria.
Awolowo had the same sentiment, nigeria is a mere 'geographic expression'.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by CGKing(m): 12:37am On Feb 28, 2010
mama-gee:

I can't laugh at this illiterate. grin grin

Imagine that. Nigeria is a place where the literates keep quiet and allow the illiterates to talk. Since you literate folks dont want to say something then allow the illiterate to make their noise. If you knew better, then speak. The guy is expressing his dissatisfaction from the view point of his illiteracy.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by peruso: 3:13am On Feb 28, 2010
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASON I LIKE NL SO MUCH, CUZ ANY TOPIC, EVEN ONE AS VEXED AS THIS ONE CAN BE POSTED AND WILL GENERATE SO MUCH COMMENT,

IT'S RADA UN4TUNATE THAT MY COMMENT IS ALSO HERE EVEN IF IT'S NOT REALL Y A COMMENT BUT JUS AN OBSERVATION,

9JA I HAIL THEE
AND LOVE THEE
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by peruso: 3:14am On Feb 28, 2010
CGKing:

Imagine that. Nigeria is a place where the literates keep quiet and allow the illiterates to talk. Since you literate folks dont want to say something then allow the illiterate to make their noise. If you knew better, then speak. The guy is expressing his dissatisfaction from the view point of his illiteracy.

I LIKE THIS ONE
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by member479760: 4:01am On Feb 28, 2010
Depression leads to denying oneself.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by igboboy1(m): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2010
Asari shut up no be your grand father claim my grand popsi house for PH, After una don fight for useless nigeria u wan denounce am,

You are a bloody nigerian so am I, we go all die together whether u like am or not for this Naija
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by Beaf: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2010
CGKing:

[size=14pt]Dokubo Asari is a graduate.[/size]
And an extremely well read one at that.
Re: I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo by SapeleGuy: 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2010
igbo boy:

Asari shut up no be your grand father claim my grand popsi house for PH, After una don fight for useless nigeria u wan denounce am,

Igbo boy why don't you go to court to reclaim your grandfathers house?
You need to do something tangible instead of complaining on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oni Loses Bid To Unseat Fayemi At Supreme Court / Is Anambra State Among The Oil Producing State. / EFCC Accuses Ex-fct Minister Of Fronting For Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.