Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! (11801 Views)

Girls Ever Been Embarrassed Visiting A Guy? Share Your Experiences / Guys, Ever Been Embarrassed For Visiting A Lady? Share Your Experiences / Haitian Beauty Meeting Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by bawomolo(m): 6:12am On Mar 04, 2010
saying cubans are definitely yoruba is like saying canadians are definitely british and french.

cubans have created a separate identity of their own, the same for haitians, Trinidadians etc.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by semid4lyfe(m): 6:45am On Mar 04, 2010
So na to argue over the origin of Haitans remain now. . . .SMH
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by henry101(m): 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2010
sjeezy8:

yooo hatians are crazy yoooo esp in NJ and New York- well the ones ive met I even went to a hatians church with my cuzzos whol church sermon was in creole I didnt understand ish.

hatians seem to be like beninoise/dahomey - they arent really yorubas but speak yoruba, we call them egun ( ewe, fon, bariba)

But there are some yorubas who say theyre from Lagos,Ogun and Freetown but most came from trinidad some from JA tho.

Cubans are def yoruba

Y not research on dis b4 saying definitely.

Here r some infos u need.

http://calle-ocho.com/a196329-afro-cuban-religions.cfm

http://www.orishanet.org/africa.html

http://www.thecubaexperience.co.uk/arguing_cuban_music.asp?apid=21131853_631047386

http://books.google.com/books?id=FRUgAU2Z2-MC&pg=PA101&lpg=PA101&dq=igbos+in+cuba&source=bl&ots=ewyio1g1OA&sig=71QHV3e3Se3QNI0PYIgqdATacgY&hl=en&ei=7siSS6CcG47ysQPmzfj8Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CA8Q6AEwBDgo#v=onepage&q=igbos%20in%20cuba&f=false

http://www.search.com/reference/Afro-Cuban

http://www.search.com/reference/Cabildo_(Cuba)

Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by fiswu: 12:27am On Mar 07, 2010
henry101:

Y not research on dis b4 saying definitely.

Here r some infos u need.

http://calle-ocho.com/a196329-afro-cuban-religions.cfm

http://www.orishanet.org/africa.html

http://www.thecubaexperience.co.uk/arguing_cuban_music.asp?apid=21131853_631047386

http://books.google.com/books?id=FRUgAU2Z2-MC&pg=PA101&lpg=PA101&dq=igbos+in+cuba&source=bl&ots=ewyio1g1OA&sig=71QHV3e3Se3QNI0PYIgqdATacgY&hl=en&ei=7siSS6CcG47ysQPmzfj8Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CA8Q6AEwBDgo#v=onepage&q=igbos%20in%20cuba&f=false

http://www.search.com/reference/Afro-Cuban

For your information, what theses articles failed to mention is the fact that a huge number of black cubans are of haitian descent. In fact, if you listen to some songs of the cuban folklore, you will hear some creole words among spanish. The haitians who immigrated in Cuba to work in the sugar cane plantations brought with them their culture, their food and their dances. Therefore, a lot of afro-cuban rythms or dances are similar to the haitian ones.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by henry101(m): 2:08am On Mar 07, 2010
fiswu:

For your information, what theses articles failed to mention is the fact that a huge number of black cubans are from haitian descents. In fact, if you listen to some songs of the cuban folklore, you will heard some creole words among spanish. The haitians who immegriate to Cuban to work in the platantions, brought with them their culture, their food and their dances. Therefore, a lot of afro-cuban rythms or dances are similar to the haitian ones.

I was trying 2 let sjeezy8 knw dat his statement was wrong.

sjeezy8:

yooo hatians are crazy yoooo esp in NJ and New York- well the ones ive met I even went to a hatians church with my cuzzos whol church sermon was in creole I didnt understand ish.

hatians seem to be like beninoise/dahomey - they arent really yorubas but speak yoruba, we call them egun ( ewe, fon, bariba)

But there are some yorubas who say theyre from Lagos,Ogun and Freetown but most came from trinidad some from JA tho.

Cubans are def yoruba
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 2:11am On Mar 07, 2010
henry101:

actuallly sjeezy isnt wrong cause personally I know yorubas who are in Lagos state and they are from cuban returnees. obviously Im talking about slave stock not national identity
and culturally cubans are most aligned with yorubas - ithink ababy even knows that
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

actuallly sjeezy isnt wrong cause personally I know yorubas who are Lagos state and they are from cuban returnees. obviously Im talking about slave stock not national identity
amd culturally cubans are most aligned with yorubas -ithink ababy even knows that

Plz, do tell us what language this is. Cuban? Yoruba? Or a lil bit of both?
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 2:21am On Mar 07, 2010
FL Gators:

Plz, do tell us what language this is. Cuban? Yoruba? Or a lil bit of both?

spanish and yoruba. dont think cuban is a language
hahah lmfao
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

spanish and yoruba. dont think cuban is a language
hahah lmfao

pssst, ouch. Ok, you got me there grin
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 2:25am On Mar 07, 2010
FL Gators:

pssst, ouch. Ok, you got me there grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxe2QuGjxkk&feature=related
here baby just for you
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 2:28am On Mar 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

here baby just for you
You're so weird. How did you find that video and I bet you'd be the one to understand him too.
se omo babalawo ni e? undecided
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by feelncrazy: 2:37am On Mar 07, 2010
From my own experience, Spent almost a year with a Haitian man, not only do they have the worst of all tempers, but no romance at all, none, if his mouth was open there was a lie was coming out of it but my man now is a Nigerian man and he thee is most romantic man I ever met in my life. Bar none!
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 2:40am On Mar 07, 2010
FL Gators:

You're so weird. How did you find that video and I bet you'd be the one to understand him too.
se omo babalawo ni e? undecided
haha
omo jesu christi emi sugbon awon ebi mi mjoba ni ile ife- so i be  seein shiot like dat
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

haha
omo jesu christi emi sugbon awon ebi mi mjoba ni ile ife- so i be  seein shiot like dat

I see. I see.

I really need to be careful who I piss off on NL nowadays. I might wake up with 3 legs embarassed
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 2:43am On Mar 07, 2010
lol

henry101:

Cubans/latin americans dont get anymore yoruba than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51LJkhSmNQ&feature=fvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcEUmvE3Mh0&feature=related

I dont go by bullshiot internet artcles, I go by real stuvs and people actually speaking yoruba in cuba and yorubas in Nigeria who have spanish last names(as their forefathers were cuban yorubas)- so when i say something I know wtf im talking about.
Instead of you to provide some REAL info the link you posted showed you only googled "BS" just to try and prove what I said was wrong

like you probably thought

"yea this yorubaguy want to claim afrocubans are yoruba,so lemmi google STUVS to show him that there are other tribes who were also taken to cuba"

oloshi of guy
you betta go and stfu
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by A40(m): 2:55am On Mar 07, 2010
feelncrazy:

From my own experience, Spent almost a year with a Haitian man, not only do they have the worst of all tempers, but no romance at all, none, if his mouth was open there was a lie was coming out of it but my man now is a Nigerian man and he thee is most romantic man I ever met in my life. Bar none!
Haa!! Ewoo!! You just commited a cardinal crime against NL womenfolk and i can't guarantee your safety at all. Don't you know Naija men and romantic should not be mentioned in the same sentence grin grin
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 07, 2010
A-40:

Haa!! Ewoo!! You just commited a cardinal crime against NL womenfolk and i can't guarantee your safety at all. Don't you know Naija men and romantic should not be mentioned in the same sentence grin grin
Dont mind her, she's been smoking too much Ganja weed.
Naija men . . . . romantic?
Dude must be Ghanaian pretending to be Nigerian to get that free shoit.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by sjeezy8: 2:59am On Mar 07, 2010
FL Gators:

naija guys aer very romatic its the babes who are like tyrannosaurus rexes. Very stiff
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

naija guys aer very [b]romatic [/b]its the babes who are like tyrannosaurus rexes. Very stiff
My friend, hush dia. When did halitosis become romantic again?
And excuse me, cheating is not romantic
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by A40(m): 3:04am On Mar 07, 2010
FL Gators:

If you don't appreciate us someone else will. Its just a way of the world Ma'am

@feelncrazy
I warned ya  wink The troops are coming just chill
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 07, 2010
LOL I am soooo not a troop.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by fiswu: 3:53am On Mar 07, 2010
feelncrazy:

Are you sure he was haitian? The haitian men are amongs the must romantic black men. Was he a married man? I don't know much about your story with this man, but he seems to me that he simply didn't have that much respect for you or he was probably just kicking in. Back home, we have this proverb: ''A goat always looks at the face of the owner of a land before deciding to penetrate the fences''. Meaning: you have the power to decide what someone will turn to in a relationship with you. Next time, if you ever decide to go in a relationship with a west-indian, make sure he respects you; they value their women a lot.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by AqRiUsAge(f): 4:07am On Mar 07, 2010
I've met two haitian men. Dated one too briefly to make up any fair judgements on him. The other was a co worker and dare I say the most romantic one at that. Him and his wife had one car. They did not have any kids. He had two jobs and his wife had one. YET he would have his wife take the car to work and back while he used public transportation to both his jobs. His reason was that that way, she would not be too tired to make a meal when she gets home. Sensible too, this man.
I work in a female dominated field. Never once have I seen this man flirt with his co workers. He'd always call his wife his "sweetheart" even though she wasnt there to ensure he did. He'd call her from work and spoke of her to us (his coworkers) often.

And they were not even newlyweds. He was not a young man, so I'd suspect they'd been married for decades.
Its men like that, that make me want to change my mind and get married.

Bless his heart, I'll never forget him. May God bless their marriage.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by mito: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

naija guys aer very romatic its the babes who are like tyrannosaurus rexes. Very stiff

grin grin grin
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by feelncrazy: 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2010
@A-40, thanks for warning me, No disrespect ever intended ever to anyone, My sincerest apologies to anyone I have offended, for certain. Also, A-40 you hit the nail on the head, Haitian man had no respect, not for God, himself or me. I ran the other way so so quick. Also no Ganja smoking going on here, But i tell you the truth, my man is thee greatest man I have ever met. We are both Christian and place God very first, then each other. Honestly I was tired of being stronger than most men I met. He is a strong man of strong faith, character and heart. I respect that and I respect him. He runs this family, what he says goes, no questions asked, but in return, I am so spoiled with love. It is good.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by mito: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2010
feelncrazy:

@A-40, thanks for warning me, No disrespect ever intended ever to anyone, My sincerest apologies to anyone I have offended, for certain. Also, A-40 you hit the nail on the head, Haitian man had no respect, not for God, himself or me. I ran the other way so so quick. Also no Ganja smoking going on here, But i tell you the truth, my man is thee greatest man I have ever met. We are both Christian and place God very first, then each other. Honestly I was tired of being stronger than most men I met. He is a strong man of strong faith, character and heart. I respect that and I respect him. He runs this family, what he says goes, no questions asked, but in return, I am so spoiled with love. It is good.

good for you sister!!! wink
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by mito: 2:48am On Nov 03, 2010
FL Gators:

LOL I am soooo not a troop.

lol
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by aminalib(f): 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hatian men are in the same boat as AFRICAN men, i've dated and have many in my family, my aunt recently divorced my uncle(hatian).,, he had 2 other families in haiti and just brought one of the ladies to america, and he thinks HE HAS EVERY RIGHT, he even tried to bring one of his child he has in haiti to come visit us, my mom cursed his ass out, lol
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Dsense(m): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2011
OP.
I think you have a huge issue basing your judgement on Their stars that you had never moved close to.
I'm not saying they are bad pple but judging them according to their stars makes no sense nor point to me. undecided
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by ShyOne(f): 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
One of my previous guys was a Haitian guy - beautiful black, black skin - the sex was very good

I loved his accent - when I found out he was married - I dropped him faster than rain falls from the sky.

He stalked me like he owned me - from standing outside my bedroom window, to calling constantly and threatening my roommates - calling them liars if they told him I was not at home.

He even brought his daughter to my doorstep and told her I was going to be her new mother. The daughter didn't blink - with hands shaking I slammed the front door. I learned to start withholding this magical Va-j-j from then on.

That Haitian = Hellllllllllllll Nooooooooo.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by MrsChima(f): 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
Amina is right about the haitian men are just like African men.  I have several female haitian friends and they always complained about the men being whorish which what I heard about African men.  Now as much as I wanted to say YES, YOU ARE RIGHT.   I told them that not all men are like that but are not TOO MANY FAITHFUL BLACK MEN OUT THERE so you will have to screen and judge individually.
Re: Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 25, 2011
blandyne:

People always seems amazed once they found out about my ex-boyfriend and I (we broke up a month ago  cry cry cry) I'm HAITIAN , and of course he's Nigerian. Some of them we're speechless when meeting us, others thought we were "interesting". There's not a lot of couples like us, don't know why.

I'll never forget my mother's face when i told her i was dating a Nigerian man grin grin grin It was so funny, she freaked out telling me that African men are chauvinistic polygamous and arrogant; that he will marry as many woman as he wants and i'll live in a house with my husband's concubines. . . .Please note that she said "African men" not Nigerian because most Haitians don't care which country in Africa you are from, they just refer to you as "African". I had to explain to her that not all "African men" are polygamous. To cut a long story short, she ended up liking him. 

Ah bon, il y a des Haitiens sur Nairaland !!!!  Mais, je suis tres impressioné.
Haitien, ca va?

Mwen es Congolais.
I love your Kreol language.

TheCongo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

50 Things Women Do Wrong In The Bedroom / ....... / When A Man Tells Me I Have A Tight Pussy, What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.