Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. (16636 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by uchemummy(f): 11:33am On Mar 04, 2010
tai2:

40 k a month? My friend sort out your life first before end up in perpetual penury, do you know how much it takes to feed and clothe children? You want to get married simply because it feels good, forgetting the fact that there are consequences. This isn't 1920 when every man had a village and taking care of the family meant going to the farm early enough to work. This is 2010, you have rent costs, schools costs, entertainment costs and all what not. Evildoers are here advising you to go ahead with your marriage on a 40k salary, don't make that mistake. Think well before you act, calculate your current expenses and potential expenses after you get married and see how it all pans out. The wedding alone is enough to leave you indebted for the next 6 years ( you know Nigerians  and their "big eye", they don't do small weddings).

Plan your life and become financially stable before you get married. Don't let love," vision" from your pastor or your woman's pressure trap you into something you regret later.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by carnal: 11:39am On Mar 04, 2010
i just dont get it,are you marrying your wife for the money,dont you have a job yourself?
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by annie7(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2010
My bro i will advice you go ahead if you are ready to get married.because if u are contemplating because of the penny u are taking as salary,you 'll loose focus.Are u gonna wait till u earn 150k or 200k.i have a guy in my former place of work,we were earning 15k together.The guy is managing a family of 2 kids and a wife.And he's catering for their needs,so it always bothers me how the guy is coping.We have some family man that are collecting less than that 40k and they have a child in higher institution yet they still survive and live fine.
So , my bro go ahead if are ready.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by carnal: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2010
sorry i took a second look at your story and realised you earn the 40k and not her.my best advise is marry her,love her and you will see God's miracles.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by edimalo(m): 11:42am On Mar 04, 2010
it's simple,
, the personality of your wife will determine that,
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by bee444: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2010
What a stupid question! And an encouraging post for those in the same category.

I think it is high time we started getting our priorities right, especially we Nigerians. When did earning a certain amount become a yard-stick to getting married? I do understand we're in the world of 'who wants to marry a millionaire' and all that bullsh*t, I still think self-respect, pride and human dignity should be norms to getting married.

And who say the topic is mearnt for guys only? Guys, if your wife-2-be ain't earning anything less #50,000 a month, don't marry her either!
No more liability, must be two hands on the deck, not one. #40,000 is more than enough if your wife is a banker, lawyer, engineer etc, and even a fashion designer.

Are we now saying you should rely heavily on your wife's salary, no, but ofcourse 2 is better than 1. If you find yourself in this situation and you want to get married, be proud of what you have, profile the woman to see if she would be the assisting type or the lazy and big mouthed 'full house wife'.

Thousands have gotten married with far less salary and are still happily married. Consider your ways or you'll will grow white hair in all areas before you  get married. Nuff said

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by AAIkotun(m): 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2010
bros u can!!! the bible said that whosoever findeth a wife find a good thing and obtaineth favour from the lord. so my brother, its does not mater how much u 're earning its God favour that make the different. God that created mouth knows how to fill the mouth. many earn much yet thet are not living well. your lifestye mater most. carry go my bros.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by martinosi: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2010
All you people posting comments that a guy cant marry
a lady while earning 40,000 naira a mouth should shut your
mouths and mind your business.

This is Nigeria we are talking about where men
still honour their marital committments and look after there
wives and children even on insufficient incomes!

NIGERIAN STILL ARE SURVIVORS PERIOD!

Some of you are earning Dollars & Pounds and still cant take care
of yourselfs let alone a wife and kids lol!!!
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by annie7(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2010
Money should not be the main factor to consider when preparing to get married.There is yoruba adage which says "Is only the blessing & grace of God that makes someone to survive without stress.So u can be earning 15k or 20k with a family to cater for and u will still ne living above someone that is earning 50k. I could vividly remebered when i was in school, my monthly allowance in school was a token of 4k whereas some of my frds are collecting 15k & 20k above frm thier parent and yet some of them still come to my house for food whenever they've finish exusting their money.
So it just depends on how u spend it, some ppl are "penny wise pounds foolish" in the sense that they spend the money the way they see it.[b][/b][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Kechukwu: 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2010
My fried, go ahead ad get married. You will not leave wit a salary of 40k for the rest of your life. My father dont earn that much and he has raised 6 childre and three is a graduate.

Am also planning to get married this year and am targetig a salary of atleast 100k plus b4 the end of this year. Just have faith i God ad God will help you. Rememer he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from God.

Goodluck
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Agbenyiess(m): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2010
Bros, U fit Marry o, Wisdom is the right application of knowledge, if u know what 2do, u will leave where u are.

, Remember, you are not competing with anyone and also not leaving to please anyone, beside you will not be at the level of 40k 4ever.

Mental preparation is superior to financial preparation, am sure u are ready mentally n emotionall. Altho ur wedding might not be the talk of the town, but i know it can still hapun n u will still be happy.

But if ur wife have eyes for big things, then u need to do a 40 days fast first, b4 u commit dt 40k

ENJOY! cool
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by yomexedo: 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2010
so you can live with even 20k i just that you have to manage ur life
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by amebono1: 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2010
@Topic

you can marry but definitely not a gurl like me,will 40k even buy me a good shoe? undecided
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by tosenbaba(m): 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2010
It's a simple fact, the higher you earn the more your expenses,and the lower you earn the lower it is too, as long as the lady you are marrying is an understanding lady and ready to endure , and more so i guess you yourself should be a focused guy, not settling for less, aim higher and be ambitious, you will get there,
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by onyeokwuak(f): 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2010
A good woman can manage 40,000.00 and still have balance. Let me give u a rough stimate of monthly spending

1. Transportation for a month = 5000
2 Feeding = 15000
3. Monthly house rent = 5000
4. tithe = 4000
And others
This is an overestimation of what 40k can achieve.
It is possible that if more carefully managed , the salary is more than enough for husband and wife. Out of it they can make savings and plan for there unborn children's education.
My brother, it is manageable until God enlarges your coast
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by slaykay07: 1:58pm On Mar 04, 2010
Life is funny, i know a lot of people who doesn't want to marry because they earn £[/b]40,000. The truth is. it depends on the life you want for yourself and family, and also how [b]understanding your wife is.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by amebono1: 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2010
onyeokwuak:

A good woman can manage 40,000.00 and still have balance. Let me give u a rough stimate of monthly spending

1. Transportation for a month = 5000
2 Feeding = 15000
3. Monthly house rent = 5000
4. tithe = 4000
And others
This is an overestimation of what 40k can achieve.
It is possible that if more carefully managed , the salary is more than enough for husband and wife. Out of it they can make savings and plan for there unborn children's education.
My brother, it is manageable until God enlarges your coast

Tell me where you will find 5000 monthly rent?stop living a life filled with fantasy ojare
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2010
!amebo no1:

@Topic

you can marry but definitely not a gurl like me,will 40k even buy me a good shoe? undecided

we know na - that na - u chicks wey dey look for made men - some guys are still men in the making
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by kufreabasi(m): 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2010
@poster, I have gone through few posts and seen good advices given to you and i have heard a lady saying that you are having problem not solved by you and you want to add another problem to yourself by bringing a woman to come and suffer. It is good you need a wife and you want good things to happen around you. The Bible says 'whosoever fineth a wife fine good thing and obtain favour from the Lord. Automatically, you are getting set to receive an open door of favours from God. #40,000 monthly is so good enough for you to start your family life the way you want it be. That wife may come to be an open doors for your future. woman simply mean favour, to those that knows. plan your way and ask God for wisdom. I am talking with experience. If i tell you that i am placed below your financial position and yet i got married, will you belief? I tell you my woman is a virtuos type and i have found that favour from God. If you see me you'll think i earn over #100,000. I dont go for advice when it comes to this issue so that people will not discourage me. Take courage and go on with your nice plan and see God making a way out for you in that situation you think is too hard and live some of these girls looking for ready-made guys.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by MsTom(f): 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2010
@VPG,

There are understanding good women out there. The problem is that most men are greedy and tend to look for women with physical features that are pleasing to their eyes and forget about the character. How come some men are happy with their women? An individual would always show their character. Efi ni iwa. The problem is that we are blindly and foolishly in love. Some men earning 40k or less per month would be chasing after a woman who adds to her wardrobe every month or a woman who is not ready to contribute to the building of her home (not house o). Tell me, do you think that relationship would last? If you marry the right person, you can live together happily with any income even in this century.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by martin1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2010
marry jare! D people weh dey discourage u r pessimists--they only sees d difficulty in every opportunity.
u r good to go. . . . .set your goals,be focus and get what u need. .u don't need distractions.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by frankbuchi: 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2010
man you are should be grateful that you have at least 40k monthly. and after all, two are better than one .
you wife can support you. so get married and mind you, one can't prove him self lucky until he or she marry.you can be one of the lucky once.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by bobokelly(m): 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2010
Hello, my friend marriage is not about money, money ,money alone, those who discourages you are those that hide behind money excuse before they get marry, i am a man of 27 when i get married with salary of 2,700 per month, 2 children and my wife is not working, i have to be frank with ,it was when i get married that God open a big way for me through my wife family, now i have 3 children and they attends best private school in my area, and one of them is now in private university, that is covenant university idi-roko road, winner church, i just want to tell you marriage has nothing to do with your success in life , may be when you marry that is when God will open a big way for ,
so i advice you , you can go ahead ,God will surely provide for you (AMEN)
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Bongoman1: 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2010
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by VPG: 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2010
MsTom:

@VPG,

There are understanding good women out there. The problem is that most men are greedy and tend to look for women with physical features that are pleasing to their eyes and forget about the character. How come some men are happy with their women? An individual would always show their character. Efi ni iwa. The problem is that we are blindly and foolishly in love. Some men earning 40k or less per month would be chasing after a woman who adds to her wardrobe every month or a woman who is not ready to contribute to the building of her home (not house o). Tell me, do you think that relationship would last? If you marry the right person, you can live together happily with any income even in this century.

Understanding good women, where, in Nigeria yeah right! Of cos they will come out as understanding when you gat chips to show. So you saying pretty women no get iwa and people making 40K or less should start looking for ugly girls to marry?
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by 2sleek2NV(m): 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2010
From all i have read, the woman is a major factor. but hw many women these days are willing to work with their husbands on 40k per mnth? now ladies ans this "WILL U MARRY A MAN THAT EARNS 40K PER MONTH?"
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by skonto: 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2010
arrangement matters alot, you just need to cut your coat acordin to your sizes.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by ariv: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
dont let anybody decieve u.Go ahead with it.God will continue to bless u as more as u ve faith in him
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Eaglebabe: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2010
Brother,talk is cheap.When the chips are down,u will face it alone.Shine your eye.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Gstring: 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2010
I think there's nothing wrong in getting married with a 40k salary, but ensure that the woman you are about to marry is not completely idle, like dat she can always support you every now and then when the need arises. If she is idle before you are ready for the marriage, you can organize to ve her start a small business of buying and selling after the marriage

However, it is not a crime to start small, but be rest assurred dat things can only get better, just put your trust in God and never give up. i got married while i was doing private business with an average monthly income of about 40k, though my wife was also working at the time and was quite supportive but today i ve a regular job and earn about 150k with an official car and i believe dat God is going to take us higher because marriage itself comes with a lot of favor from God.

As a matter of fact, our marriage has been blessed with two kids and we are very happy. Now if you decide to wait until you are receiving a fat salary, the chances are dat dat time may never come or even if it does, you may have missed the opportunity to marry the right woman which will eventually jeopardise your future because it is even difficult sometimes to tell if a woman truely loves you when things are very rosy. i tell you, if i was still single at this moment with my present status, it would ve been difficult to tell who is real among so many desperate women lookinbg for ready made men all over the place.

Moreso, so many people started like dis, or even worst than dis, but today God has blessed them tremendously.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Pittbaby(f): 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2010
From all i have read, the woman is a major factor. but hw many women these days are willing to work with their husbands on 40k per mnth? now  ladies ans this "WILL U MARRY A MAN THAT EARNS 40K PER MONTH?"

40 k USD  maybe  grin grin its a stepping stone

On a more serious note , there are females who will marry someone who earns  less than 40k NGN  , if his fiancee accepted his proposal (and he fully disclosed his financial situation) then I dont see the issue . The poster needs to ask himself after all is said and done what can i afford , and will my wife and I be content to live on it for the time period before i raise my income .  In addition what will happen if we have kids ? and if your decision is to wait , am i ready to face wife , inlaws and my family when they start asking for kids . (trust me once the ink is dry on the marriage cert . the next song you will hear is when will i carry my twins, )

good luck
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by scottN(m): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2010
It's not abt what ppl say b4 u get into marriage neither is it abt saving money. It's abt whether that monthly income of urs can sustain u and your wife irrespective of what your wife's doing when u eventually get married. If u feel that a miracle will occur by way of wage increment after a short period into marriage then good luck 2 u. Bt as 4 me, I've been earning 6-digit-monthly-wage 4 quite some time now and I'm still testing the waters even tho' I've got a steady gf. 40k per mth may neva work 4 me, hwever, it may or may not work 4 u. It all depends on your wife 1st especially, then on d spending habit of both of u. Pls consider this b4 u even think of marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Sacked From Bank Job / What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members / A Nairalander Bathing A Baby And Changing Diaper(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.