Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (722889 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
I have not ooo

oprahm:
you've gotten your visa?

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by wealthmiq: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
please those of you that got your visas already, did you submit questionnaire with your application?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
The vfsglobal questionnaire is part of what you fill and submit with your documentation

wealthmiq:
please those of you that got your visas already, did you submit questionnaire with your application?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by excel1818: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please is there anyone that applied for a study visa 23rd of July too?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by wealthmiq: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
vkyburnz:
The vfsglobal questionnaire is part of what you fill and submit with your documentation

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by TBRZY: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
vkyburnz:
I have not ooo

Has it been updated on UPS site?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2019
By broda nothing ooo...on UPS or vfsglobal tracking site. I no fit talk again

TBRZY:

Has it been updated on UPS site?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sholsp:
[/color][color=#006600]
Thanks bro. was surprised as well.wish you all the best.

Sholsp baba the silent man. How far. grin

You don get accommodation? grin grin
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by sparrow03(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
sdee2k3:
have you received your visa?

Yes I received it today. Anyone here going to Dublin with qatar airways Sunday afternoon?? Let’s link up.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oluwabaddest: 3:23am On Sep 14, 2019
deekaycee:
i also submitted on the 19th of July, got to the embassy on the 22nd, yet to get my visa though.... fingers crossed.

Congrats Anthony....I sent you a PM
Looking forward to your benevolent response.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 10:51am On Sep 14, 2019
My advice for those that are yet to receive their visa is to be patient and optimistic. This is peak period for the Irish embassy in Abuja right now and they do not have many visa officers. Many applications has been moved to Dublin for processing especially those that sumitted late.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akmarley(m): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2019
So nobody here got visa this week?
This thing Irish embassy is doing is very depressing
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2019
Hmm....Question? How does UK handle over 100,000+ study visa applications from Nigeria alone during peak periods and still maintain Three Weeks Turnaround period?

It's not funny. Some here have received deferral notice from school programme coordinators to forego starting programme this September as lectures have already begun.

Possible Implications?
• another €500 deferral charge
• €160 insurance wasted (will have to be purchased again)
• €400 booking charges for residence possibly gone (admin charges will come in where refund is possible)
• possible 10% admin charges for fees paid during refund
• possible N46, 950 visa fees wasted
• wasted One Year (huge and impacts ones goals/progress)
• emotional trauma & pains
• etc..etc..etc...etc

Either this is deliberate or a case of gross incompetence. Either way, we bear the brunt and the losses/pains that comes with these frustrating delays and screwed up visa process!!!

Saying as it is...

phychem:
My advice for those that are yet to receive their visa is to be patient and optimistic. This is peak period for the Irish embassy in Abuja right now and they do not have many visa officers. Many applications has been moved to Dublin for processing especially those that sumitted late.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lerrrrrrrrrry: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2019
This accommodation thing is crazy ooo, I found few and they even gave me date for viewing before you know it , they’ll just text me back and tell me it has been taken .. just like that cry
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 11:11am On Sep 14, 2019
kpelle....just keep at it...God will help you bro. It will be finesmiley

Lerrrrrrrrrry:
This accommodation thing is crazy ooo, I found few and they even gave me date for viewing before you know it , they’ll just text me back and tell me it has been taken .. just like that cry

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by excel1818: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2019
The school I applied to has already begun and i have not gotten my visa I applied for since July. Tbh it is very frustrating and depressing cry
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
I really don't know what else to do. If I don't hear from the embassy by Monday. Then I have more problems to deal with. This is just very unpleasant. My school resumed on Monday too. Submitted on 11th July and the embassy received on the 12th. So I sincerely don't get the delay.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
vkyburnz:
Hmm....Question? How does UK handle over 100,000+ study visa applications from Nigeria alone during peak periods and still maintain Three Weeks Turnaround period?

It's not funny. Some here have received deferral notice from school programme coordinators to forego starting programme this September as lectures have already begun.

Possible Implications?
• €180 insurance wasted (will have to be purchased again)
• €400 booking charges for residence possibly gone (admin charges will come in where refund is possible)
• etc..etc..etc...etc

Either this is deliberate or a case of gross incompetence. Either way, we bear the brunt and the losses/pains that comes with these frustrating delays and screwed up visa process!!!

Saying as it is...

In short the UK makes 165k to 500k on each visa application. They've earn alot over the years and also learnt alot. Ireland went from 800 apps in 2018 to over 3000 apps in 2019 with the same number of staff in Abuja.

Its very frustrating but the UK 2 years psw came at the right time. They have no choice than to sit up and step up their game.

Am however interested in your 180 euros for medicover. How come ? Standard is 150 euros

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
vkyburnz:

Possible Implications?
• etc..etc..etc...etc

Saying as it is...

You have raised valid questions and I understand you bro...... currently I think it's just eight visa officer that attends to visa application and also remember that some African countries visa application are proccessed here in naija. My international officer was the one who mentioned that so many application have been moved to Dublin for processing ( those that submitted around middle of July). That's why you're advised to submit very early before resumption date to allow time for any eventualities.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by blackTaliban: 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
WINNIE9223:
I really don't know what else to do. If I don't hear from the embassy by Monday. Then I have more problems to deal with. This is just very unpleasant. My school resumed on Monday too. Submitted on 11th July and the embassy received on the 12th. So I sincerely don't get the delay.
Send them a mail.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Solomonx: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
phychem:

You have raised valid questions and I understand you bro...... currently I think it's just eight visa officer that attends to visa application and also remember that some African countries visa application are proccessed here in naija. My international officer was the one who mentioned that so many application have been moved to Dublin for processing ( those that submitted around middle of July). That's why you're advised to submit very early before resumption date to allow time for any eventualities.

So 12th of July isn't still early enough? This is simply gross incompetence on their part to be honest. To think that I still used an education bond to make the process faster just annoys me. I let a 50% fee scholarship from Teesside University go because i was chasing the "Irish dream". NCI gave an extension to the 21st so if they don't respond this week then I've wasted money for nothing. Sad, very sad
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
blackTaliban:

Send them a mail.

I sent them a mail. Called severally but it doesn't even connect nor ring.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
Solomonx:

So 12th of July isn't still early enough? This is simply gross incompetence on their part to be honest. To think that I still used an education bond to make the process faster just annoys me. I let a 50% fee scholarship from Teesside University go because i was chasing the "Irish dream". NCI gave an extension to the 21st so if they don't respond this week then I've wasted money for nothing. Sad, very sad

Same here. But don't give up. Let's all wait till Monday.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
You can also use student copy since its the school that gave o you.. at most they will confirm from the school but you will need to notarise it to make a legal and official document.

samhardy:
Hello house, I appreciate the concise info this thread has given out to help student visa processing easier for those coming to Ireland to study...
I have a questions I need someone here to help me answer, I applied 4 my university transcript but d uni TLD me they can't give me the original copy except they send it over to the higher institution that requires it
but there is a student copy that can be handed over to me. My question is CAN I USE A TRANSCRIPT (STUDENT COPY) TO APPLY FOR SCHOOL ADMISSION & VISA? WILL THE IRELAND EMBASSY ACCEPT A STUDENT COPY TRANSCRIPT FOR VISA APPROVAL? Anyone who can help me with genuine info!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sholsp: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
@breezy147, how are you? your emoji,s and emphasis on silent reader is rather insinuative.you should understand there would be a lot to do with settling in and all.yes i still bump in to this forum from time to time to learn stuffs which the forum is for.you no go just dey comment if u no get anything to talk na abi? God go answer everybody prayer.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
We dont need to cast all blame to Irish Embassy.. They know how their system works and has clearly stated that all application should be sent 8weeke of processing time, some could not adhere due to unforeseen circumstances.
Abeg atimes we need to heed to instructions, knowing well that they do not have Naija mentatlity.

vkyburnz:

Possible Implications?
• etc..etc..etc...etc

Saying as it is...

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
Standard Medicover - €160 my badsmiley
180 was a mistake

ICaSNg:

In short the UK makes 165k to 500k on each visa application. They've earn alot over the years and also learnt alot. Ireland went from 800 apps in 2018 to over 3000 apps in 2019 with the same number of staff in Abuja.

Its very frustrating but the UK 2 years psw came at the right time. They have no choice than to sit up and step up their game.

Am however interested in your 180 euros for medicover. How come ? Standard is 150 euros
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
But we also have a lot in the bracket of 9wks+ who haven't gotten their visas or a reasonable update up till now. Is that a case of not heeding to instructions or the Naija mindset

If it takes them longer and Irish schools understand, then it is not a problem.

But when your programme coordinator tells you to defer and get to pay another 200k+ (€500) as deferal charge + other losses cos of visa delays....then that becomes a Big problem and most unfair!!!

Chibabe4Christ:
We dont need to cast all blame to Irish Embassy.. They know how their system works and has clearly stated that all application should be sent 8weeke of processing time, some could not adhere due to unforeseen circumstances.
Abeg atimes we need to heed to instructions, knowing well that they do not have Naija mentatlity.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sholsp:
@breezy147, how are you? your emoji,s and emphasis on silent reader is rather insinuative.you should understand there would be a lot to do with settling in and all.yes i still bump in to this forum from time to time to learn stuffs which the forum is for.you no go just dey comment if u no get anything to talk na abi? God go answer everybody prayer.

Nice one bro. Amen to the prayer.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nicholekamsy: 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
WINNIE9223:

I sent them a mail. Called severally but it doesn't even connect nor ring.

Try calling between 10am to 12pm, it might be busy but keep try and include your application number when you send a mail
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
To all those screaming and accusing the Irish embassy of gross incompetence, I bet you all didn't read the part where you were told to apply at least 12 weeks to the resumption of your programs.
So because you submitted an application in August for a program that starts in September, they should abandon every other application on their hands and attend to yours?

Let's all play our parts first before spewing thrash and bugging them with calls. The rules are clear!

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Solomonx: 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
Dreamchaserz:
To all those scream and accusing the Irish embassy of gross incompetence, I bet you all didn't read the part where you were told to apply at least 12 weeks to the resumption of your programs.
So because you submitted an application in August for a program that starts in September, they should abandon every other application on their hands and attend to yours?

Let's all play our parts first before spewing thrash and bugging them with calls. The rules are clear!

It says you "can" apply 3 months before your intended travel date, they didn't say you "must/should" its not a rule.The standard processing time is 8 weeks unless your case is special.
This your post is very insensitive because there are many of us who submitted between the 1-12th of July who haven't received a decision yet while a lot of people who submitted 17th upwards have gotten theirs. For the life of me I can't understand how that happened unless somebody made a clerical error they aren't owning up to. I bet you're probably in Ireland that's why you're saying all this. This is clearly an error on their part, so please evaluate whatever opinions you might have before you lay blame on applicants who are simply being frustrated due to the ugly situation we find ourselves in. Peace

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.