Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (722740 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chiggsglover:
javascript:void(0);

Medical insurance is covered by organizations. Its not too expensive, at most 150 euros, tho it's a requirement to apply for visa.

Social science courses aren't that lucrative and may not guarantee you a job. I studied Economics, due to my background in Econometrics and analysis, I went for Data Analytics. You need to add an IT course to your CV to be guaranteed a job, if you don't like the country, you can apply to the US, UK and live n work there. Canada won't work cos they value only their certificate.
Thank you so much Chiggsglover for your prompt response. I studied economics as you but i am not good in IT.

I am considering going for the course Business Analytics but i do not know how much of IT is in it.

Do you mean if one does not get a suitable job after the expiration of work visa in Ireland one can apply for a job in US or UK ?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
Stephanie22:
Thank you so much Chiggsglover for your prompt response. I studied economics as you but i am not good in IT.

I am considering going for the course Business Analytics but i do not know how much of IT is in it.

Do you mean if one does not get a suitable job after the expiration of work visa in Ireland one can apply for a job in US or UK ?

You're welcome, Data Analytics relies solely on computer software to work on data. Business Analytics will be the best for, in this course, it demands your knowledge in management. I feel that you won't rely heavily on computer way a Data Analyst will do. All that is left is some research on what it entails, My course even need me to have idea in python, which is more demanding IT wise, I'm Sharpening my skills in Excel for now.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
Apply for social care course..... You'll get job easily Cuz Der are in high demand in Ireland. You won't regret it.

Stephanie22:

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
Apply for social care course..... You'll get job easily Cuz Der are in high demand in Ireland. You won't regret it.

From Economics to social care, the gap wide o, I understand there's vacancy there tho.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heartsterling: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
Good Evening everyone here...I am a silent follower. Please I would need help of everyone here who is in position to help. I got HND in Electrical Engineering. I wish to know if any school can accept me Msc. If not who can suggest to me any good school where I can apply for Bsc. Thanks so much. Also considering my age too.. I am 28 years
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
Congratulations on your admission. What was your undergraduate degree in please?
Wazony:
Please guys I need your suggestions here,DBS and CIT offered me admission.Want to know the best among the two schools in terms of Job opportunities after graduating and less schooling stress.DBS offered Data Analytics while CIT offered me Data Science and Analytics.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Hi Steph, have you heard about management information systems? You can look this up online. You wouldn't be needing deep knowledge of programming, databases, etc. Basically, you're being trained to manage people with the aforementioned skills (depending on the course module). Usually, schools might want a prior knowledge of any computing skill you might possess and some wouldn't care about that. So you need to watch out for that disclaimer while applying by going through the requirement details. However, you could learn to brush up your Excel prior to getting admitted. I finished from Engineering and I'm considering either this or business analytics. In the long run dear, you actually need to have a good flare for technology and be willing to give your all as these courses (Information systems and business analytics) are rigorous. I hope that helped.
Stephanie22:

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chiggsglover:

You're welcome, Data Analytics relies solely on computer software to work on data. Business Analytics will be the best for, in this course, it demands your knowledge in management. I feel that you won't rely heavily on computer way a Data Analyst will do. All that is left is some research on what it entails, My course even need me to have idea in python, which is more demanding IT wise, I'm Sharpening my skills in Excel for now.

Okay, thanks once again. i wish you the very best. i am glad Business Analytics has less of IT in it .

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chikaokafor1:

Wow...... thanks Chika for the idea, thats a good one. Please, do you by any means have a knowledge if Social Care courses are pure Sciences or Social Sciences?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2019
One scammer just buzzed me o, I told her I cant pay an anonymous person , see instant blocking, on top house matter o.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2019
One gatz dy careful ooo, Cuz scammers full dz nairaland

Chiggsglover:
One scammer just buzzed me o, I told her I cant pay an anonymous person , see instant blocking, on top house matter o.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
DammyDurst:
Hi Steph, have you heard about management information systems? You can look this up online. You wouldn't be needing deep knowledge of programming, databases, etc. Basically, you're being trained to manage people with the aforementioned skills (depending on the course module). Usually, schools might want a prior knowledge of any computing skill you might possess and some wouldn't care about that. So you need to watch out for that disclaimer while applying by going through the requirement details. However, you could learn to brush up your Excel prior to getting admitted. I finished from Engineering and I'm considering either this or business analytics. In the long run dear, you actually need to have a good flare for technology and be willing to give your all as these courses (Information systems and business analytics) are rigorous. I hope that helped.
Yes it helped. Thank you so much. I would research more on it .

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chiggsglover:
What were you supposed to pay for?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
One gatz dy careful ooo, Cuz scammers full dz nairaland

It's one Irish house platform, roomgo,
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
Stephanie22:
What were you supposed to pay for?
Suppose to rent house ooo, it's a flat.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 4:00am On Dec 11, 2019
Chiggsglover:

Suppose to rent house ooo, it's a flat.
Okay.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:54am On Dec 11, 2019
Stephanie22:

The best approach to anything in Life is thorough research .

One thing I do tell anyone who cares to listen is that, if pursuing a 1 year masters program abroad choose something closely related to what you've studied for BSc or probably if you've had at least 4 -5 years of work experience in such field or area of study.
Masters is just 1 year you don't have time to be settling or learning 95% new things on such program.

Please find a course you are passionate about, find schools offering such, check out the course structures , carry out more research on whats expected of you as a student or graduate of such course by Employers (i.e skill sets you are meant to have by the time you graduate).

At the end of the day, you don't want to end up wasting over #6m on a course Nairalanders suggested to you.

Studying abroad is a lot of work, Tutors will tell you they are not there to spoon-feed you or hold your hands . You have lectures, course-works, group course-works , personal studying and then working part-time; thats when you realize 24 hours is not enough for 1 day. The only thing that keeps you going eventually is the passion you have for the course.

Thus, go carry out comprehensive research and choose wisely. All the best

7 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wazony: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Thank you for the reply thinking of the same DBS cos I heard the same but my fear is the city being Expensive please those that are currently in CIT should help me on this matter.

Well Data Analytics alone is very lucrative, you can pick either the. But one of the gist I hear about DBS is that they understand the fact that student need experience outside the classroom. I know that cos I'm resuming by jan. For CIT, a little more research will help, the focus isn't about what school you attend but what skill and course you studied.
Those with ideas about CIT should speak about the stressful conditions

Cheers [/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wazony: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2019
DammyDurst:
Congratulations on your admission. What was your undergraduate degree in please?
I studied Engineering though I did some IT courses online before applying and also worked in IT firm for some months.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ohizzy(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chiggsglover:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ohizzy(m): 8:57am On Dec 11, 2019
@pradit You in Dublin ??
Pradit:
Been a while I’ve been here.just to drop something here
When you come to Dublin learn an IT skill irrespective of what your studying.you can pickup Microsoft EXcel and be very good at it.it gives you a very good headstart
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2019
ICaSNg:

The best approach to anything in Life is thorough research .

One thing I do tell anyone who cares to listen is that, if pursuing a 1 year masters program abroad choose something closely related to what you've studied for BSc or probably if you've had at least 4 -5 years of work experience in such field or area of study.
Masters is just 1 year you don't have time to be settling or learning 95% new things on such program.

Please find a course you are passionate about, find schools offering such, check out the course structures , carry out more research on whats expected of you as a student or graduate of such course by Employers (i.e skill sets you are meant to have by the time you graduate).

At the end of the day, you don't want to end up wasting over #6m on a course Nairalanders suggested to you.

Studying abroad is a lot of work, Tutors will tell you they are not there to spoon-feed you or hold your hands . You have lectures, course-works, group course-works , personal studying and then working part-time; thats when you realize 24 hours is not enough for 1 day. The only thing that keeps you going eventually is the passion you have for the course.

Thus, go carry out comprehensive research and choose wisely. All the best

You nailed it, was waiting for your reply

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wazony: 11:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Chiggsglover:

Well Data Analytics alone is very lucrative, you can pick either the. But one of the gist I hear about DBS is that they understand the fact that student need experience outside the classroom. I know that cos I'm resuming by jan. For CIT, a little more research will help, the focus isn't about what school you attend but what skill and course you studied.
Those with ideas about CIT should speak about the stressful conditions

Cheers
Let's connect pls chiggsglover
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
Wazony:

Let's connect pls chiggsglover

Sure bro,
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nalizzzy: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
pls I see lot of people get admission into Dublin business school. is the admission easy like that

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
nalizzzy:
pls I see lot of people get admission into Dublin business school. is the admission easy like that

Very quick , some get theirs in days for now, you don't need ielts, application fee and other stress.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lincon11(m): 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
ICaSNg:
Yes, Germany has a Tuition-free policy, however semester charge applies. Excluding the fact that you need £9000 in a German Blocked account- Not to talk about the £3000 + for pre-sessional language classes.

This is a thread to make people more aware of the benefits of studying in IRELAND as compared to the UK.

I'll be discussing more about the 2 years work permit available to graduates of Masters program and opportunity for Permanent settlement in Future posts.

Cheers

Please I will like to ask about Eurobond, by agent said I can use Eurobond for my visa appeal since there was a section that called my attention to insufficient funds.
The question is, will I have full access to the money in my Eurobond account so I can send it back home?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lincon11(m): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
ohizzy:
@pradit You in Dublin ??
Please do you have any idea about Eurobond and how it works?
Will I have full access to the money when I get to Ireland so I can send it back home ?
Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lincon11:

Please I will like to ask about Eurobond, by agent said I can use Eurobond for my visa appeal since there was a section that called my attention to insufficient funds.
The question is, will I have full access to the money in my Eurobond account so I can send it back home?
Yes you will transfer your money as a whole to your account when you open one here in Ireland

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Seg11(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
Try TUD,with HND,you need to do a 1yr level 8 course before Msc, im doing same. All info available on their website
Heartsterling:
Good Evening everyone here...I am a silent follower. Please I would need help of everyone here who is in position to help. I got HND in Electrical Engineering. I wish to know if any school can accept me Msc. If not who can suggest to me any good school where I can apply for Bsc. Thanks so much. Also considering my age too.. I am 28 years
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Coldie(m): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
Emmanuel360:
Tanx a bunch...really appreciate this. I'm using ukaes by the way but the agent is just not saying anything at all.
Ukaes is a fvcked up agency

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.