Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (721292 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by wealthmiq: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
ANEGBE84:
Good evening house PLS just got a refusal letter from Irish embassy today,but I want to appeal it,but the one that am finding difficult now is the visa refusal I got in 2015 wen I applied for UK for visiting, I couldn't get d refusal letter but I indicated it there why filling my application,but they still raise d issue among others. PLS what do I do now.

I am sorry about your refusal. For the UK refusal letter you may be able to recover it by making a subject access request. I'm not exactly sure how it works cause i have not used it before but i guess its like Canada gcms. Just google it to find out the procedure.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
Christeety:
Visa Issued. Glory be to God

Submitted Sept
Received 28th of Nov

Thank you all for your help. God bless you

I however have an issue. I was given 1month visa. From January to February. I heard it's usually 3months.

Pls what can I do?. Thanks
Congrats
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
waynee2baba:

Y'all start getting ready for UK now and forget this Ireland and Canada thing.

If you enroll for January 2020 start and your course is for 16-months, you'd get it cuz UK post-work will take effect in June 2021.

* 2 years post-study work visa

* More student job opportunities compared to Ireland

* No IETLS needed

* 15 working days standard visa, 5-8 days priority, 24-48hrs super priority compared to Ireland's 2 months and Canada's "6 months" plus refusal

* UK study visa is straightforward. You don't have to write SOP, LOE and submit proof of 500 documents and home ties BS. Visa interview for standard is easy too, you basically know the questions they would ask. They don't even care about your previous visa refusals provided that you haven't been fraudulent or committed attrocities.

* You dont need to spend 800 euros on accommodation and also share your room, haba! 300 quid/month will get you a decent single room outside London.

* Admission is faster compared to Ireland and Canada

* MSc application is free in most UK Unis! No application fee at all! Coupled with generous disocunts too.
You can apply to 50 Unis in the UK and make your choice compared to Canada.

* Cheaper Universities compared to Ireland that are more recognised

* UK is generally more diverse compared to Ireland.

* Regardless, UK employers are willing to sponsor your Tier 2 visa compared to Ireland

* Some UK Unis like Birmingham city university and Uni of Bedfordshire have February start.

All you have stated is true, when people start to rush them, they'll close the border again. Ireland don try at least, where UK dey since, stabbing is why I'm scared of UK, firing squad is why in scared of US, the kind of gun they carry about, I don't use them in video games cos game go dey too easy.

4 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
Bros, u think UK visa won't start been hard once the June 2021 is approaching. It was easy B4 Cuz they know u are moving out as soon as ur done with studies. Besides, with the brexit coming, Ireland will benefit immensely from it Cuz most companies will come down to Ireland thereby creating more job opportunities.

You garrit
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Christeety: 10:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
Chiggsglover:
Congrats
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
For those of us that's going this January, how do you intend to go, personally, I'm thinking of qatar airline, on the 7th Jan, love their fare and rating.

And how do we take cash there? The Gt Dom account is funny, it can't be operated outside naira, they said I have to withdraw dollars over the counter. Though I have a mastercard. I feel there must be a cheaper way, in my experiences with Canada thread, those guys carry almost their entire fund by cash then they open their account.

I've read this thread from the beginning and this issue wasn't clear.
Pls I need your input for those with experiences

Icasng, olajimi, and rest of you guys that conquered this feat.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Chiggsglover:
For those of us that's going this January, how do you intend to go, personally, I'm thinking of qatar airline, on the 7th Jan, love their fare and rating.

And how do we take cash there? The Gt Dom account is funny, it can't be operated outside naira, they said I have to withdraw dollars over the counter. Though I have a mastercard. I feel there must be a cheaper way, in my experiences with Canada thread, those guys carry almost their entire fund by cash then they open their account.

Carry cash and declare all at immigration entrance in Ireland without making any false declaration you will be fine. When u get here then do your registration open bank and deposit the cash thr ut don't carry anything above 10k dollars like 9k euros

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 05, 2019
Chiggsglover:

All you have stated is true, when people start to rush them, they'll close the border again. Ireland don try at least, where UK dey since, stabbing is why I'm scared of UK, firing squad is why in scared of US, the kind of gun they carry about, I don't use them in video games cos game go dey too easy.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Clown

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by olajimii: 1:03am On Dec 05, 2019
You can carry as much as equivalent of 10k dollars cash. You can then open a bank account here once you're done settling down. To open a bank account you need a residential address and a letter of introduction from your school. In most cases you would not get the letter of introduction until you can prove you have a permanent home address. You can't just walk into most banks to open an account (Them no even plenty), especially in Dublin, you need to book an appointment and it takes at least a week after your appointment to get your account opened. The good news though,
In my case, my gt bank master card still works on pos systems here. I use it to pay bills and get charged at standard Nigeria rate.
Chiggsglover:

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2019
olajimii:
You can carry as much as equivalent of 10k dollars cash. You can then open a bank account here once you're done settling down. To open a bank account you need a residential address and a letter of introduction from your school. In most cases you would not get the letter of introduction until you can prove you have a permanent home address. You can't just walk into most banks to open an account (Them no even plenty), especially in Dublin, you need to book an appointment and it takes at least a week after your appointment to get your account opened. The good news though,
In my case, my gt bank master card still works on pos systems here. I use it to pay bills and get charged at standard Nigeria rate.

Thanks Olajimii, I'm really happy you gave a great alternative which is the Masters card. If ATM come swallow card lo. Is there a way for us to move the GT cash to an Irish bank. Imagine having all that cash on you for more than a week without the swiftness to dump it in the bank. At least for Canada thread, their own too dey cute. ONCE I LANDED, I WENT TO THE MALL THE NEXT DAY TO GET A SIM AND TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2019
unicorn79:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Clown

No push me, I no well o. Lol.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 6:53am On Dec 05, 2019
abuhusna1:

Carry cash and declare all at immigration entrance in Ireland without making any false declaration you will be fine. When u get here then do your registration open bank and deposit the cash thr ut don't carry anything above 10k dollars like 9k euros

Thank you sir, I read lots of your comments, and they really informed us, you no dey active like before, I forgot to copy you.

But the cash go dey with person for long before him open account. Security na another matter.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 8:30am On Dec 05, 2019
Chiggsglover:

Thank you sir, I read lots of your comments, and they really informed us, you no dey active like before, I forgot to copy you.

But the cash go dey with person for long before him open account. Security na another matter.
Na who u tell u carry cash go know but within one week u can get your account sorted. Though me no carry pass 3k and it was all with me till my account got opened u can do so too and leave the rest in your account but ensure u inform your bank that u wanna be able to spend it abroad

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 9:42am On Dec 05, 2019
abuhusna1:

Na who u tell u carry cash go know but within one week u can get your account sorted. Though me no carry pass 3k and it was all with me till my account got opened u can do so too and leave the rest in your account but ensure u inform your bank that u wanna be able to spend it abroad

Very helpful, thanks boss
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
Chiggsglover:

Very helpful, thanks boss

3k EUR cash is enough for security reasons. Keep the rest in your naija account and you can make use of your card here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Can I use my naija card to pay for gnib registration

phychem:

3k EUR cash is enough for security reasons. Keep the rest in your naija account and you can make use of your card here.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
phychem:

Thanks bro, but the thing is that Where can I buy the Euros? Bank?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
Black market na..... Dey sell @ the exact exchange rate, but bank will add their own profit

Chiggsglover:

Thanks bro, but the thing is that Where can I buy the Euros? Bank?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
Black market na..... Dey sell @ the exact exchange rate, but bank will add their own profit

I no get experience with malam, computer village has taught me better, its better you go with an experienced guy than go there alone and pay heavily to get the experience. E better make I go bank than lose ALL. Besides if you know of established bodies that do will do me well than banks, I'd appreciate.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by olajimii: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Yes I paid with my gt master card. Also note that they don't collect cash at the GNIB office.
Chikaokafor1:
Can I use my naija card to pay for gnib registration

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
olajimii:

Absolutely correct and right on point. Visa or master-card can be used to make payment in over 100 countries and you are also permitted to have in your possession $10,000 or its equivalent in Euros when travelling , but make sure you declare the total amount you have on you.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
ICaSNg:

Absolutely correct and right on point. Visa or master-card can be used to make payment in over 100 countries and you are also permitted to have in your possession $10,000 or its equivalent in Euros when travelling , but make sure you declare the total amount you have on you.

Cheers

Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oluwaloseyi2009: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2019
Good morning house. Plsss how can i track my application. I submitted2 weeks ago. Just want to know how to track my application. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2019
The vfs tracking na scam.... My visa is already out and when I try to track, it says my passport is still @ d irish Embassy

oluwaloseyi2009:
Good morning house. Plsss how can i track my application. I submitted2 weeks ago. Just want to know how to track my application. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jamauldeen: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2019
oluwaloseyi2009:

I think you just have to call the number given at the VFS office.. Cos me sef no even no how to go about tracking the application.

VFS tracking na wash... It has been saying your visa application has been forwarded to the Irish Embassy since the following day I submitted.

Submitted 2 weeks ago too.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
U guys have to be patient, it's been only 2 weeks since u submitted. Ppl that got visas did do so @ the 6th or 7th week. So chilax

jamauldeen:

I think you just have to call the number given at the VFS office.. Cos me sef no even no how to go about tracking the application.

VFS tracking na wash... It has been saying your visa application has been forwarded to the Irish Embassy since the following day I submitted.

Submitted 2 weeks ago too.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2019
Dublin. This kind mad wind inside cold weather. grin

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by candyluv15: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hello everyone. I got a call from the embassy that my document is ready and I paid DHL on Monday to pick it up for me since they are the one that send it to Ireland embassy .since Monday now I am yet to receive my document. I call DHL this morning to know what is going on and I was told embassy said there is no document for me and when I called the embassy ,they said DHL should come that it would be given to them but I called DHL now ,they said embassy did not respond. please what can I do
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
The vfs tracking na scam.... My visa is already out and when I try to track, it says my passport is still @ d irish Embassy

That's what it showed me that faithful evening I checked, the next morning, Courier called.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
unicorn79:
Dublin. This kind mad wind inside cold weather. grin

How una dey handle am o, I hear say umbrella no gbadu am.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
candyluv15:
Hello everyone. I got a call from the embassy that my document is ready and I paid DHL on Monday to pick it up for me since they are the one that send it to Ireland embassy .since Monday now I am yet to receive my document. I call DHL this morning to know what is going on and I was told embassy said there is no document for me and when I called the embassy ,they said DHL should come that it would be given to them but I called DHL now ,they said embassy did not respond. please what can I do

I stay in lagos, don't know the courier for where you stay, UPS did mine for me, I'm not sure i saw DHL at VHS, the courier is supposed to call or they've not yet received your document, double check to ensure the phone number you submitted is accurate and that there's no discrepancy, really sorry for the delay. My own courier called me and I wasn't around to pick, he left o. When I came and I used truecaller, and I saw its UPS, na so I call am to report at my house with immediate effect, that I'll pay his tfare. Best o luck.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sulidishes: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
hello hello hello, my uncles and aunties ….. have being following this Ireland thread silently. Abeg who is going to Dublin business school in Ireland this January?

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.