Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,609 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (723083 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
Akinsu:
Guys, I didn’t do any English Language Test but I get a mail from the Visa Officer for me to provide an evidence of English Test taken and my Birth Certificate. I was able to provide a proficiency in English Language Letter from my School and my birth certificate. Would that be sufficient?
Try consider Duolingo test. It is simple, cheap and fast. You can get your test result in less than 5days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Unclenene: 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
Dwebb55:

You can get some documents that bear the names of the deceased, maybe the death certificate and a few other things. Then when you add your own birth certificate, it should have a space for where your parents name are clearly stated which should correspond with the names on the other documents. This should suffice!

I couldn't get the "Will of my grandpa" but I got the obituary news paper publication that has the names of the children in it. I will also include their death certificates in there to support it. Hope this works out?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Flaame(m): 12:25am On Sep 04, 2020
Dwebb55:

My 2 cents on this is to advise you to not proceed! The stories coming out of there are not too good. If you research well, Ireland and UK are really good options now.
worst part is I already deposited $1500 and they can't give it back unless you are denied visa. I'm not trying to back off because you said so, it's been on my mind.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 12:53am On Sep 04, 2020
For anyone coming to Ireland for Undergraduate courses age doesn't matter

Course expenses – The course charge for postgraduate programmes for 2021 is at least 12,500Euro, you are required to pay in full before visa application. Every international student gets a 1000Euro discount once they accept their offer and have paid an acceptance fee of 500Euro within 30days of receiving the offer.

Length of the course – Undergraduate programme run for 3years while Postgraduate courses and Higher Diploma are for one year respectively.

Visa Application – UKEAS help with Visa application process at no processing cost. Also note that the visa procedure takes 2months in the wake of submitting all documents so we encourage all applicant to submit their visa documents for vetting 3months to the start of the course.

I will advise that you have a discussion with your counsellor about the visa process before making any payment to the school to avoid unnecessary visa rejection.

Accommodation – DBS have no accommodation yet but would connect you to a few accommodation providers within our reach. However, living expenses in Ireland is evaluated to be between 8,000 – 10,000Euros for one year.

Post Study Work Permit – Every international student is entitled to 20hours work permit every week during term time and a two years post study work permit after the completion of your postgraduate degree and a year post study work permit after Higher Diploma and Undergraduate programmes.

Undergraduate visa requirement – You are expected to make full tuition payment before visa application and also have access to over 20million Naira (this should be in sponsor’s account) by the time of application. This is to establish that you have access to your tuition and living expenses for the duration of your programme.

I made a third class, what is expected of me ? if you fall within this category, you are encouraged to apply for a top up or a higher Diploma course which an equivalent of a premasters, these programmes runs for one year respectively .This will cost 9,850Euros.

I have HND, what is applicable to me? For HND, you just have the top up alternative as no school in Ireland would acknowledge HND for PGD or bosses. The tuition cost for this 9,850Euros.

Language prerequisites for this course – DBS require an International English Language Certificate (Academic test only) regardless of where you had your first degree. We do not accept English Proficiency letter as these test result are supporting documents for visa ap[plication. The following are the test result recognised by the school as well as the embassy

Pearson Test of English Academic - https://pearsonpte.com/

IELTS Academic - https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test

TOEFL IBT - https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/ibt/about

This email is to confirm that you have submitted your application online/ making general enquiries. On this note, we would expect you to send the below listed documents.

Kindly note that No GMAT /GRE is required for any course whatsoever.

For Undergraduate courses, Kindly provide;

WAEC/NECO

CV

Data Page International passport

English Test Result Academic

For Higher Diploma and Masters programmes, we would require;

WAEC/NECO

OND/HND transcript and Certificate (If applicable )

Let me know if you require further assistance.

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 5:41am On Sep 04, 2020
seunny4lif:

Course expenses – The course charge for postgraduate programmes for 2021 is at least 12,500Euro, you are required to pay in full before visa application. Every international student gets a 1000Euro discount once they accept their offer and have paid an acceptance fee of 500Euro within 30days of receiving the offer.

Length of the course – Undergraduate programme run for 3years while Postgraduate courses and Higher Diploma are for one year respectively.

Visa Application – help with Visa application process at no processing cost. Also note that the visa procedure takes 2months in the wake of submitting all documents so we encourage all applicant to submit their visa documents for vetting 3months to the start of the course.

I will advise that you have a discussion with your counsellor about the visa process before making any payment to the school to avoid unnecessary visa rejection.

Accommodation – DBS have no accommodation yet but would connect you to a few accommodation providers within our reach. However, living expenses in Ireland is evaluated to be between 8,000 – 10,000Euros for one year.

Post Study Work Permit – Every international student is entitled to 20hours work permit every week during term time and a two years post study work permit after the completion of your postgraduate degree and a year post study work permit after Higher Diploma and Undergraduate programmes.

Undergraduate visa requirement – You are expected to make full tuition payment before visa application and also have access to over 20million Naira (this should be in sponsor’s account) by the time of application. This is to establish that you have access to your tuition and living expenses for the duration of your programme.

I made a third class, what is expected of me ? if you fall within this category, you are encouraged to apply for a top up or a higher Diploma course which an equivalent of a premasters, these programmes runs for one year respectively .This will cost 9,850Euros.

I have HND, what is applicable to me? For HND, you just have the top up alternative as no school in Ireland would acknowledge HND for PGD or bosses. The tuition cost for this 9,850Euros.

Language prerequisites for this course – DBS require an International English Language Certificate (Academic test only) regardless of where you had your first degree. We do not accept English Proficiency letter as these test result are supporting documents for visa ap[plication. The following are the test result recognised by the school as well as the embassy

This email is to confirm that you have submitted your application online/ making general enquiries. On this note, we would expect you to send the below listed documents.

WAEC/NECO

CV

WAEC/NECO

Age matters for undergraduate program especially if the person is older than 23 and has a gap of at least 2 years without any tangible qualifications and work experience.

As much as we are trying to assist probably based on your experience studying in Ireland, some of us do get trained or updated by the Irish Embassy at least twice a year and to the best of my knowledge there is an age limit on undergraduate admissions. You cant be 30 years with just WAEC that was obtained 10 years ago and say you want to start from year 1.

Things that applied to your professor years ago aren't applicable at the moment.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2020
I know a lot of people like me and they were given visa to USA etc
The only problem is you have to demonstrate to them, what you have been doing since your high school
ICaSNg:

Age matters for undergraduate program especially if the person is older than 23 and has a gap of at least 2 years without any tangible qualifications and work experience.

As much as we are trying to assist probably based on your experience studying in Ireland, some of us do get trained or updated by the Irish Embassy at least twice a year and to the best of my knowledge there is an age limit on undergraduate admissions. You cant be 30 years with just WAEC that was obtained 10 years ago and say you want to start from year 1.

Things that applied to your professor years ago aren't applicable at the moment.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Alday: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2020
The caveat here is that you'd not apply for a study visa from Nigeria.

It's not impossible but from recent trends, a positive visa application outcome will have a very low probability after factoring in a > 22 years age for undergraduate study.
seunny4lif:
I'm start college this month and am more than 30 years
I only have my WASSE and CV
I know a lot of people like me and they were given visa to USA etc
The only problem is you have to demonstrate to them, what you have been doing since your high school

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 8:26am On Sep 04, 2020
On that Yes
You sounded before like its not possible
That's the reason I said earlier the person must give a valid reason for waiting over 10 years before going to back to college.
Its easy for people with IT background than others

Alday:
The caveat here is that you'd not apply for a study visa from Nigeria.

It's not impossible but from recent trends, a positive visa application outcome will have a very low probability after factoring in a > 22 years age for undergraduate study.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 8:36am On Sep 04, 2020
seunny4lif:

Visa Application – UKEAS help with Visa application process at no processing cost. Also note that the visa procedure takes 2months in the wake of submitting all documents so we encourage all applicant to submit their visa documents for vetting 3months to the start of the course.

WAEC/NECO

CV

WAEC/NECO

Access to 20million after paying fees? How's that even possible.... that's almost 44,000 euro, as how? When its just 7k euro that is required to cover your upkeep.

I'm hearing this for the first time o and I don't think u are totally right

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Adekemiejiro: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2020
Preye21:

Access to 20million after paying fees? How's that even possible.... that's almost 44,000 euro, as how? When its just 7k euro that is required to cover your upkeep.

I'm hearing this for the first time o and I don't think u are totally right
Are you going for undergraduate or post graduate ?@Preye21
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2020
As much as some think they are experts , please carry out personal research.

Undergraduate honors in the UK is 3 years excluding foundation .

For IReland its 4 years . Ordinary BSc is 3 years. You cant proceed to a masters program in Ireland if you obtain an ordinary bsc as compared to BSc honors.

Its important to say some colleges have 3 years BSc honors but kindly be sure of what you're applying for and what is expected of you please.

Someone who does not need to apply from Nigeria may get away with some things as compared to ordinary Nigerians who have to go through the visa application stage. E.g American citizens dont need to apply for visa to study in Ireland likewise few African countries e.g SA
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Josh206: 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Guys does the embassy contact you if your visa has been approved or how would you be notified ? Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
It’s better to mention me than to make it indirectly
Now back to the topic here
What I posted was from DBS, you can read it again
I insisted you can a visa as a mature Student over the age of 25 years.
So madam grin grin
ICaSNg:
As much as some think they are experts , please carry out personal research.

Undergraduate honors in the UK is 3 years excluding foundation .

For IReland its 4 years . Ordinary BSc is 3 years. You cant proceed to a masters program in Ireland if you obtain an ordinary bsc as compared to BSc honors.

Its important to say some colleges have 3 years BSc honors but kindly be sure of what you're applying for and what is expected of you please.

Someone who does not need to apply from Nigeria may get away with some things as compared to ordinary Nigerians who have to go through the visa application stage. E.g American citizens dont need to apply for visa to study in Ireland likewise few African countries e.g SA
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
Congratulations mate.

When applying for the Edubond, did you use a domiciliary account or the Form A? If you used the domiciliary account, did you have to provide the statement of account for that domiciliary account as well?
Chibabe4Christ:
Thank you very much
My first application was for February intake so I submitted in October 2019.
Got refused in December 2019
Appealed that same December 2019
because of covid, I didn't hear anything from them even when I sent several mail, notting from the embassy so I lost hope since they were not answering. To my greatest surprise my visa was approved 2nd week embassy was opened in July and I got my kpali in August hahhahaaa....
It can only be GOD ooooo

NOTE: For those that are appealing, if you think you are behind the scheduled time for your academic session, do not be in a hurry, you can request for a new offer letter for the next academic session from your international officer so that VO will will not capitalise on the reason that your school will soon start to deny you again.
That was what I did in my own case. My initial application was for February intake but I got a new offer letter and invitation to register for September intake, appealed and got approved.

I hope this helps
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
seunny4lif:
So madam grin grin

When you graduate we can talk
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Thank you...

I had to open euro account and transfer 7045 euro because they will subtract some charges from the money so if you send 7000euro the money will not be up to 7000euro after removing some charges and that will reflect on the receipt they will give, Remember Irish embassy demands we pay 7000euro for EDUBOND.
I hope I answered the question

DammyDurst:
Congratulations mate.

When applying for the Edubond, did you use a domiciliary account or the Form A? If you used the domiciliary account, did you have to provide the statement of account for that domiciliary account as well?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
Okay, that makes sense.

Did you provide the statement of account to that particular euro account to the embassy or just the proof of payment?

Also, what bank did you open your euro account with please?
Chibabe4Christ:
Thank you...

I had to open euro account and transfer 7045 euro because they will subtract some charges from the money so if you send 7000euro the money will not be up to 7000euro after removing some charges and that will reflect on the receipt they will give, Remember Irish embassy demands we pay 7000euro for EDUBOND.
I hope I answered the question

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
Unclenene:

I couldn't get the "Will of my grandpa" but I got the obituary news paper publication that has the names of the children in it. I will also include their death certificates in there to support it. Hope this works out?

That's great. Then add your parents birth certificates and yours and you'll be fine
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
ICaSNg:

When you graduate we can talk
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akinsu: 8:14am On Sep 05, 2020
IMustWin:
Try consider Duolingo test. It is simple, cheap and fast. You can get your test result in less than 5days.
So while I followed instructions I got here to do the Duolingo test, I already paid and was about to do the test when I got another mail from the Visa office asking me to do Duolingo actually. I did it yesterday and I’m waiting for the results so I can forward to the Visa Office. I just hope that the only requirement I need to be approved since that’s all they requested for
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Adekemiejiro: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2020
Pls house ,
I sent a mail to the abuja embassy, asking how many days does appeal takes.They sent back to me, 12 to 14 ,I do not know if the numbers are date or months.
If it's month I prefer collecting my school fees, moving to UK.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Gladitor01: 9:46am On Sep 05, 2020
Adekemiejiro:
Pls house ,
I sent a mail to the abuja embassy, asking how many days does appeal takes.They sent back to me, 12 to 14 ,I do not know if the numbers are date or months.
Days
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2020
Adekemiejiro:
Pls house ,

You said u asked them how many days? And here u are confused about their answer. They answered what u asked

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Adekemiejiro: 11:04am On Sep 05, 2020
Gladitor01:

Days
Thanks, please this 12 or 14 days.Hope they will not extend it.I want to know my chances of appealing, If I can meet up with the resumption date.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Adekemiejiro: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2020
ExpressBooking:

You said u asked them how many days? And here u are confused about their answer. They answered what u asked
How long I meant? They wrote 12 or 14.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
My brother, ICaSNg is well experienced than most of us here....
Please do heed to her advice she will not deceive you. You have heard her say she attends training and as well get first hand info from Irish embassy.
We do not compete with anyone here or show we sabi pass some.... we are all here to learn.
I guess you are either an applicant or aspiring to apply so relax, grab enough experience, make your application and wait for approval...
I wish you good luck

seunny4lif:
So madam grin grin

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
I only submitted my naira account where I deducted the money I used for the EDUBOND. I don't know if you understand? What I mean is that the account that has the 3M I withdrew to change for the euro I deposited to my euro account was what I printed out to show that the money was from my account.

I used First Bank of Nigeria (FBN)

I hope am able to answer your question?

DammyDurst:
Okay, that makes sense.

Did you provide the statement of account to that particular euro account to the embassy or just the proof of payment?

Also, what bank did you open your euro account with please?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
For VO to advice to take that show a lot of green light o...
The possibility that your visa may be approved is very high, just be prayerful
Good luck

Akinsu:
So while I followed instructions I got here to do the Duolingo test, I already paid and was about to do the test when I got another mail from the Visa office asking me to do Duolingo actually. I did it yesterday and I’m waiting for the results so I can forward to the Visa Office. I just hope that the only requirement I need to be approved since that’s all they requested for
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
ExpressBooking:

��
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
ExpressBooking:

grin cheesy grin
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Doctorfitz: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good day House...I'm making this enquiry for my cousin...His mum wants to sponsor him(student visa) she's also an Irish citizen but married to another man..would it raise red flags since my cousin's last name and his mums last name aren't the same..

Ultimately what can be done? I'll appreciate your contributions.

Cc iCasNg
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Olabola20: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good evening house, concerning the 14days isolation: Is it compulsory to use the accommodation provided by the school or can one get an accommodation outside the school? If one can get an accommodation outside the school, please, how can I go about it?

This is the one provided and it’s too expensive for just two weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.