Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (720049 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
Hi all,

Is it possible to buy edubond via CBN rate? If so, what does the process entail?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kibi(f): 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Form A has messed things up for my niece despite several reminders and escalations. Please any suggestions on the next best Payment method. Transfer mate which is an option cannot work because of inability to use our Nairacard for foreign transaction. looking forward to your helpful responses
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by yr2020: 7:20pm On May 02, 2023
Hello House,
Please I need information on subjects required to gain admission into TUD for a friend. I have been checking their website but do not comprehend. He wants to study bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and passed his WAEC. Please anyone?

Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by sim2003: 9:45am On May 03, 2023
kibi:
Form A has messed things up for my niece despite several reminders and escalations. Please any suggestions on the next best Payment method. Transfer mate which is an option cannot work because of inability to use our Nairacard for foreign transaction. looking forward to your helpful responses

Not only ur niece, I applied since December 2022, but up till now nothing has been done on my form A application. It is frustrating
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Djdimeji: 9:50am On May 03, 2023
Pelumos:
Hi all,

Is it possible to buy edubond via CBN rate? If so, what does the process entail?

I believe it's same as tuition/Form A process, just provide details of recipient and all necessary information.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2023
TUD required a minimum of O4 or H7 in Maths and OR or H7 in four other subjects including English/Irish
Pls take note of the new scoring system that started in 2017
- https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/leaving-cert-2017-how-the-new-grading-system-works-1.3187662
See the images for points allocation based on marks.

However, these marks (and allocated points) are not applicable to WAEC/WASSCE.
A WAEC O/L still require additional study. A completed first year would suffice or going for a one year foundation in Ireland (or UK)
For TUD, the WAEC requirement is at this link.
PS: some of those school agents in Nigeria has insight of "the system" or which school are open to WAEC! Just ensure you deal with authentic agents and not these mushroom/quack/fake agents.

yr2020:
Hello House,
Please I need information on subjects required to gain admission into TUD for a friend. I have been checking their website but do not comprehend. He wants to study bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and passed his WAEC. Please anyone?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by sammysticks: 1:57pm On May 06, 2023
Humphery01:
It's been a wonderful journey so far.
I just looked back and I want to say a Big
THANK YOU.
You guys have been amazing and helpful with all you advices and experiences shared.
I feed from them and I have achieved my dreams.
I am in IRELAND. Came in last year December.
So as it was done for me so too I am always available to do for others.
Humpheryezeh@gmail.com
feel free to reach out.
With GOD all things are possible. 🙏
Best of Lucks guys.🥰

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Flourish4L: 3:34pm On May 07, 2023
[quote author=sammysticks post=122967227][/quote]
Good afternoon house. Kindly offer your invaluable advice on my visa situation. I was denied study visa on January 16, 2023 due to a lot of reason like lump sum, insufficient funds and documentation.
I appealed the decision in January 27 addressing the issues raised but unfortunately the appeal wasn’t granted due to just insufficient finances and lump sum amount in the bank statement.
My sponsor agreed to call savings with Cooperative society and get necessary document so I can re-apply for September 2023 session.
I feel this may be perceived as being desperate.
What are my chances please?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by FrostyButter: 5:50am On May 08, 2023
ICaSNg:

*** Living costs in Limerick, Cork, Galway for 2017 was placed at EUR 7,000 for visa processing and EUR 11,000 for Dublin...
If that helps.

Cheers

Hello everyone ... I am new here and i have 4 questions please. For those that have families in the city they plan on doing their masters who plan to cover housing and living cost, is there a special exemption in the student visa application?

Regarding the statement taken to the embassy, to what degree is the sponsors relationship? In my case i plan to use my grand aunt who i share the same surname with.

Thirdly, if i do use her bank statement, must the living expense be fixed in the account for the 6 months. This is because she is a business person and her bank account might have above the living expenses at some point and below at other.

Finally for her bank statement, what are the supplementary documents she would need. Are tax clearance and all required? So i can tell her ahead.

Thanks!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by FrostyButter: 6:36am On May 08, 2023
#

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by FrostyButter: 6:14pm On May 08, 2023
#
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oluwaVaz(m): 11:16pm On May 08, 2023
Pls I want to explain the huge amounts in my account as requested by the Ireland embassy.. i want to know from how much should I explain ..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Empresszee1990: 12:08pm On May 09, 2023
ekpotek:
Hi I have just completed and submitted my online irish application. I am finding it difficult to register and book appointment for biometric on VFC. Can I just to VFC centre without booking an appointment?

Pls how do I text you privately I’m on this stage and I don’t know who to talk to about this.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Empresszee1990: 3:21pm On May 09, 2023
Doctorfitz:
Good day everyone please I would like to find out why the embassy will with hold a particular document and return the rest. Could it be an error or what?

Cc. Icasng. dwebb55
Dotcomnamename
seunny4lif
good afternoon pls I’m new here.I got admission to study in Ireland,I’m at the process of applying for a visa pls can anyone help me with the list of supporting documents and how much is advisable to be in the account for account statement.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 3:25pm On May 09, 2023
Empresszee1990:
good afternoon pls I’m new here.I got admission to study in Ireland,I’m at the process of applying for a visa pls can anyone help me with the list of supporting documents and how much is advisable to be in the account for account statement.
The school rep that was provided to you during admission, should be able to help with everything you need to submit.
That’s part of the Rep job.
Contact him/her as it will more easy for you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Djdimeji: 9:13pm On May 09, 2023
FrostyButter:

Is an edubond compulsory, and how can one leverage that you have a family and accommodation to host you in ireland (very close proximity to your school like 20 minutes ) in the visa application
No! Edubond isn't compulsory, not sure why you'll ask coz it isn't stated anywhere that it is.
Secondly, you can use your application letter as leverage for any information or explanations you may have, attaching proof.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by FrostyButter: 9:56am On May 10, 2023
Djdimeji:

No! Edubond isn't compulsory, not sure why you'll ask coz it isn't stated anywhere that it is.
Secondly, you can use your application letter as leverage for any information or explanations you may have, attaching proof.

Thank you for this... Are there any negative implications of stating I have a family to accommodate me, with proof of course.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oluwaVaz(m): 11:51am On May 10, 2023
Pls I want to explain the huge amounts in my account as requested by the Ireland embassy.. i want to know from how much should I explain....thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Empresszee1990: 2:57pm On May 11, 2023
seunny4lif:

The school rep that was provided to you during admission, should be able to help with everything you need to submit.
That’s part of the Rep job.
Contact him/her as it will more easy for you.
The school did not provide any Reb for me I did all the application online they responded by sending me emails same thing after I paid tuition.I wish I can connect with anyone who recently got a student visa approved pls I need help.mail me on edonancy@yahoo.com I will really appreciate.thanks you all
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 3:42pm On May 11, 2023
Empresszee1990:

The school did not provide any Reb for me I did all the application online they responded by sending me emails same thing after I paid tuition.I wish I can connect with anyone who recently got a student visa approved pls I need help.mail me on edonancy@yahoo.com I will really appreciate.thanks you all
That’s so strange, because schools in rep always have Rep in Nigeria to help anyone from Nigeria with admissions and visa processings.
Which school is that?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Djdimeji: 6:27pm On May 11, 2023
FrostyButter:

Thank you for this... Are there any negative implications of stating I have a family to accommodate me, with proof of course.
Not sure anyone can know this as to whether it can have a negative implication or not.
Not sure as to why you (presumably) want to share this information either, maybe you want to thinking it would strengthen your application, but contrasting it with the requirements of the embassy, is it part of their requirements? Not sure of the peculiarities of your situation but remember also that having a strong tie to your home country upon completion of your intended study is also important. In all, the overall decision is yours to take.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Empresszee1990: 7:43pm On May 11, 2023
seunny4lif:

That’s so strange, because schools in rep always have Rep in Nigeria to help anyone from Nigeria with admissions and visa processings.
Which school is that?
DORSET COLLEGE DUBLIN. PLS any one who recently got student visa approved should pls reach out to me.or anyone going to Dorset college should also reach out edonancy@yahoo.com
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 8:05pm On May 11, 2023
Empresszee1990:
DORSET COLLEGE DUBLIN. PLS any one who recently got student visa approved should pls reach out to me.or anyone going to Dorset college should also reach out edonancy@yahoo.com
I will suggest you mail them and the embassy as soon as possible.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 8:15pm On May 11, 2023
FrostyButter:
Is an edubond compulsory, and how can one leverage that you have a family and accommodation to host you in ireland (very close proximity to your school like 20 minutes ) in the visa application
Edubond is not compulsory. It assist a long way though.
semmyk:
Which account (s) you use is your choice. Kindly pay careful attention to Humphery01 explanation. It covers practically what's been said on this forum.
Even if you use Edubond, still explain the account it came from. The principle remains the same. The only plus of Edubond is piercing through your account privacy is reduced a bunch. That is they won't be pokenosing intrusively too much
Kindly reflect and act wisely. All the best.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2023
Seems like people going to Ireland have reduced......everywhere silent.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zejunjo: 6:58pm On May 15, 2023
jaxeri:
Seems like people going to Ireland have reduced......everywhere silent.
Ireland schools policy of 100percent payment of tuition fees upfront now scares people away from applying to Ireland.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zejunjo: 7:02pm On May 15, 2023
Ab4u20102:
Please what bank did you use and what was the exchange rate
Please I also got admission with Independent College to study MADR. Please let's relate.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 11:11pm On May 15, 2023
Zejunjo:

Ireland schools policy of 100percent payment of tuition fees upfront now scares people away from applying to Ireland.

Yah, the group was very lively some years back ( your post fit even lost under 5mins). Even with the hardship people are complaining about in UK, they still prefer there.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 9:04am On May 16, 2023
Coupled with that is their intrusive poking into finance, and even your employment status. Not that we can blame them completely knowing the depth of deceit/fraud in most applications.
They should just simplify their process/requirement like the YouKay.
Nonetheless, Ireland post study ILEP program for outstrips the YouKay PSW
Zejunjo:

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.